watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fred to Fulham?

Started by Sammyffc, May 28, 2023, 11:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill taylors apprentice

Another player who arrived in the PL via Shakhtar but can't see a connection between them?

The modern player can now play beyond his early 30's if they are injury free due to the changes in training and sports science.

@jolslover

Played for the Brazil national team in the recent world cup didn't he? Would be a great pickup and he knows both Willian and Pereira well. Think he had a good season with United too
STH H3

Sammyffc

I agree with most comments here, however the 30 year old thing is a myth. Especially when so many people here would start cairney over anyone and he is 32. Fed would be unreal for us, a midfield of Him, Andreas and Joao would be mouthwatering.

We Are Premier League

Never been a believer in expensive'ish signings with little to no resale value...but the likes of Casemiro has probably proven me wrong already.

wouldn't say no at 15m.

Deeping_white

Realistically at 30 he's got 3/4 years of playing at his best levels before he starts to decline - for us that's perfect as it hopefully gives us chance to really stabilise and push on. He's a good player who takes a lot of flak at United and I think he would do well here like Pereira has

TheRealMB

I think two main differences are overlooked when it comes to age and our squad.  1 - as said before, sports science has changed the age game.  There are good years in a player that is 30 and we should look to maximize it.  2- I remember reading the articles about the benfica lab guys that Marco brought with him.  This is a much more scientific staff when it comes to analysis of player fitness, readiness and management of health and longevity.  Finally, look at the value of our over 30 players.  Ream was our best defender arguably, willian was brilliant, cairney looked the best I've seen him in years and a proper top flight player.  I would say over 30 players insured we were not relegation candidates this year...especially early on when it seemed like 5 wingers were injured.  Our misfield needs cover (I'm not nearly as convinced on the Serbian lad as some...looks out of his depth) and if Fred is available cheap it leaves money for quality signings elsewhere.  I'm comfortable with Reed Palhinha and TC starting the season with Andreas coming back near Christmas.  Fred provides solid PL quality cover on the cheap and we know what we get.  If Marco does a Willian with him all the better.  See nothing but upside in this move.

Black, White and Fred

'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Sammyffc

Quote from: TheRealMB on May 29, 2023, 12:20:28 PMI think two main differences are overlooked when it comes to age and our squad.  1 - as said before, sports science has changed the age game.  There are good years in a player that is 30 and we should look to maximize it.  2- I remember reading the articles about the benfica lab guys that Marco brought with him.  This is a much more scientific staff when it comes to analysis of player fitness, readiness and management of health and longevity.  Finally, look at the value of our over 30 players.  Ream was our best defender arguably, willian was brilliant, cairney looked the best I've seen him in years and a proper top flight player.  I would say over 30 players insured we were not relegation candidates this year...especially early on when it seemed like 5 wingers were injured.  Our misfield needs cover (I'm not nearly as convinced on the Serbian lad as some...looks out of his depth) and if Fred is available cheap it leaves money for quality signings elsewhere.  I'm comfortable with Reed Palhinha and TC starting the season with Andreas coming back near Christmas.  Fred provides solid PL quality cover on the cheap and we know what we get.  If Marco does a Willian with him all the better.  See nothing but upside in this move.

If Fred did come he would be a nailed on starter. There is absolutely no chance we sign someone of his quality to be benched by Reed. I love reed and think he is class, however there are levels and fred is significantly better (personal opinion)

Thailand Mick

Quote from: alfie on May 29, 2023, 09:51:03 AMSomehow I don't see that conversation being about transfer, wouldn't that be tapping up?, maybe they just are well acquainted.

Maybe Fred is friends with Willian or Periera and told them that utd have told him he can find another club so they may have past that on to Marco,then having a quick discussion about whether he would be interested if we made an approach to utd I do not think is unreasonable.

itombomb

Quote from: JimmyConway on May 29, 2023, 08:19:24 AMApart from getting booked often what does he offer more than Harrison Reed?
He's way more athletic, and as much as I like Harrison, he's not capable of playing the pass Fred did yesterday.

I think he's one of those players that really suffered with the poor coaching at Man U under Solskjear. Never knew where he was supposed to be or what he was going to do, and kept on being played as a lone DM when he is more of a box-to-box player.

He's not a proper elite CL level player, but if you could get him for £10-15m (maybe rising a bit and structured sensibly), then he would be a very good signing for us.

Jims Dentist

Would prefer McTominay from Unt.

Sammyffc

Quote from: Jims Dentist on May 29, 2023, 02:15:54 PMWould prefer McTominay from Unt.

Football is fascinating, i watch united alot as half of my family is from Manchester and Mctominay is one of the worst players ive seen.
Quote from: itombomb on May 29, 2023, 01:50:43 PM
Quote from: JimmyConway on May 29, 2023, 08:19:24 AMApart from getting booked often what does he offer more than Harrison Reed?
He's way more athletic, and as much as I like Harrison, he's not capable of playing the pass Fred did yesterday.

I think he's one of those players that really suffered with the poor coaching at Man U under Solskjear. Never knew where he was supposed to be or what he was going to do, and kept on being played as a lone DM when he is more of a box-to-box player.

He's not a proper elite CL level player, but if you could get him for £10-15m (maybe rising a bit and structured sensibly), then he would be a very good signing for us.

Fred struggled for United as they had no CDM until casemiro came in. He went from being with Casemiro in the national team of Brazil to back to united with Mctominay who is 3/10 on his best day

LC

If you look at our starting 11, we don't have much youth there. We shouldn't walk into the trap of exclusively having older players. I think Fred would be a good addition for the right price. But I would want to see several younger players come in this window as well

AJW48361

MOTM with Man Utd supporters yesterday.

cookieg

Can you imagine the melt down on this board of the ManUre manager was chatting to Palhinha after the game? It is very public to be talking to him about a move to Fulham, there must be something else in it.

General

Quote from: AJW48361 on May 29, 2023, 04:22:23 PMMOTM with Man Utd supporters yesterday.

He did essentially set up both of their goals

Caedal

I think it's pretty hilarious that people don't think he'd get into the team in front of Reed. Harrison is a decent player, but Fred is a Brazil international who plays regularly for a team that finished in the top 4.

Let's have some perspective please.

cottage expat

Quote from: alfie on May 29, 2023, 09:51:03 AMSomehow I don't see that conversation being about transfer, wouldn't that be tapping up?, maybe they just are well acquainted.

Exchanging recipes for bacalao perhaps?

Surlyc

I think Fred would be a good signing, as long as we pair it with signing another CM in their early 20s to train up as well. We need to get some younger players into the squad to play around these established players.

Cornishnick

Have studied that video several times and cannot see any brown envelopes being passed   ::wink::