watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-want to know.

Started by bog, May 29, 2023, 08:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Morning campers. With that missed penalty another game that was another might have been. I had to make do with match up dates on Final Score when the reporter said we were still very much in the game. How did we play in the second half? MOTD's offering didn't show much of us in their half after the break. Did we make chances in the second half?

::oldgit::

Thank you and good night   

Woolly Mammoth

Goals change games, and if Mitro had hit the back of the onion bag as he should have done, then our confidence would have soared.
Instead it visibly gave them a lift and they grew in stature and we seem to shrink into a shell.
It's times like that when we look leaderless, when we should be standing firm.
Nobody seem to be talking or firing each other up.
Nobody mastering the defence or midfield.
Man U grew more confident and once they equalised you felt the tide was changing.
I was relieved that we got to half time level.
Then hoped we would regroup and start again.
Mitro's miss summed up his performance, on the day i don't think he could have trapped a bag of cement.
But he was not the only one, and once they took the lead you
felt the writing was on the wall.
We had our moments but we never really raised our game enough in the second half and United kept their shape and balance, and when you're chasing the game it makes it more mentally and physically tiring.
Not enough punch up front let us down.
Under the circumstances I felt it was another chance missed to turn them over on their own patch.
Summing it up we need alternatives up front as we look predictable, and more leaders and characters in the team would certainly help.
Then again it is Old Trafford and we almost achieved a draw.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Thanks Woolly.

That is the last two games v them that DeGea has been named MOTM and he played really well at the Cottage in that unfair 1-2 loss.

alfie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 29, 2023, 08:51:12 AMGoals change games, and if Mitro had hit the back of the onion bag as he should have done, then our confidence would have soared.
Instead it visibly gave them a lift and they grew in stature and we seem to shrink into a shell.
It's times like that when we look leaderless, when we should be standing firm.
Nobody seem to be talking or firing each other up.
Nobody mastering the defence or midfield.
Man U grew more confident and once they equalised you felt the tide was changing.
I was relieved that we got to half time level.
Then hoped we would regroup and start again.
Mitro's miss summed up his performance, on the day i don't think he could have trapped a bag of cement.
But he was not the only one, and once they took the lead you
felt the writing was on the wall.
We had our moments but we never really raised our game enough in the second half and United kept their shape and balance, and when you're chasing the game it makes it more mentally and physically tiring.
Not enough punch up front let us down.
Under the circumstances I felt it was another chance missed to turn them over on their own patch.
Summing it up we need alternatives up front as we look predictable, and more leaders and characters in the team would certainly help.
Then again it is Old Trafford and we almost achieved a draw.

I had a conversation with Chris Coleman when Melville was captain, about the lack of not leadership but just geeing up the players, no one pushing them, he agreed and it was something that perhaps he would have a team meeting about it. To be honest I didn't see much difference in anymore games, so maybe he didn't.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't