watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

23/24 relegation candidates

Started by We Are Premier League, May 29, 2023, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Will next season be the easiest season in a while to stay up? think the stats say "Yes".

• All 3 promoted teams stayed up this year, adding more relegation candidates for next season
  • Both Nottingham (200m) and Bournemouth (80m) spent a lot this season so FFP will be an issue this transfer window
  • She U were close to going into administration earlier this year
  • Luton.
  • Burnley had 4 starting loan players, so they will have to spend at least 50m to just retain their promoted team
  • 5 very credible relegation candidates for me  ::thumb::
  • EDIT, adding Everton, could even get point deduction or transfer ban as a result of FFP allegations...
[
/list]

[/list]

bencher

Everton ought to be added to the list. They are now standing relegation candidates and cannot afford to buy better players.

hovewhite

Everton only a matter of when they drop out of the league, everything I have seen and read they're under investigation for FFP already .
Luton,sheff utd and 1 other.

Deeping_white

Wolves might also be in trouble next season - they're out of cash and have to sell players to buy more because a lot of expensive signings have flopped. Also might cost them their new and very decent manager because he's allegedly not keen on sticking around with no funds

Andy S

Every club has its problems but I think Luton are certs, Sheffield United are a possibility and it's one from the following: Burnley, Forest, Bournemouth,& Everton

Steeeeeeeeeed

Fulham are not mathematically safe yet for next season

Thailand Mick

You have to remember we took 18 points from the three relegated clubs this season and that's unlikely to happen next season. We have also got to find a way of picking up points off the top clubs(1 point from the top five).We will be confident and hopefully add more quality players but we must keep the same mindset that the first target is 40 points and never count your chickens.

spikey norman

Early days but here are Sky's current odds for relegation from the Prem 23/24

https://m.skybet.com/football/premier-league/event/31326436

Whitestone

I think more than half of the teams in the division are relegation candidates, some more so than others. The demise of Leicester should be a warning to those that think they have nothing to worry about.

btffc

Luton are probably in the most trouble. They don't have rich owners that can invest heavily in the squad and they are going to have to spend a decent chunk of their PL TV money on bring their ground up to PL standard. They're best bet is likely to accept their fate in going down, make a few smart signings that will stay with them in the Championship then come back up and make a proper go at staying in the PL then rather than trying to overspend in a desperate bid to stay up this year that will leave them in a bad situation if they go down. And who knows maybe they get lucky and stay up this year with smart signings.

itombomb

Quote from: Whitestone on May 29, 2023, 01:26:57 PMI think more than half of the teams in the division are relegation candidates, some more so than others. The demise of Leicester should be a warning to those that think they have nothing to worry about.
Exactly this, if any team stands still and has some bad luck with a few injuries, the season can spiral badly quite quickly - whether that is Leicester getting relegated, or Tottenham/Liverpool dropping off so much - it is a reality that can bite for everyone bar City.

alfie

I just don't get this, why when we have just finished the last game there is a post talking about relegation next season.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

Quote from: alfie on May 29, 2023, 02:23:17 PMI just don't get this, why when we have just finished the last game there is a post talking about relegation next season.

Thanks for returning sanity to a very strange thread, Alfie. 

From the last games this season just ended you can see how different the table would be had just a relatively few crucial decisions gone the other way. There are always twenty potential winners, losers, and all stations between on day one and the dynamic doesn't settle down until at least half way through when there are still slightly less than sixty points to play for.  And even then it is crazy to be complacent.  Marco and company don't do complacency.   

Who will we be fighting off for our long overdue right to be included in the list of title contenders?

Leicester are the proof that anything can happen and probably will most of the time.

Colton F.C.

Looking at the end of season form table I see that the team playing in Walham Green are in the bottom three.  Just saying.