watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saša Lukić

Started by hopper, May 29, 2023, 02:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

Didn't see yesterday's game but wondering how he got on and what people make of him in first half of season?

Seems a case of jury still being out, and I'm not sure at this point if he is capable of being a core part of our squad that kicks on. We seem to lose the midfield whenever he's playing and is pensive and slow.

We all know that some players really improve after a bit of PL integration and a decent pre-season and I really hope he is a case in point as had high hopes for him when he joined.

ianthailand

I only watch on a stream so it's not always easy to pick every player but i thought there was a bit of promise. As you say some players take time to adjust so next season will be a fairer time to judge him.
Serbian Lad will give a better assessment than me i should think.

Sting of the North

The PL is a demanding league, and Marco want us to play a demanding type of football.

Last season (the one in the Championship I mean), no player really impressed overall in midfield (unless we count Carvalho). Both Reed and TC have actually performed better this year, after having Marco as a coach for another pre-season. I think the same could be the case with Lukic, as it looks like there is a good footballer in there.

MickTheBeard

I'm glad you mentioned him he can't play at the base of midfield as the enforcer,he doesn't seem to be Mobil enough  to busy like Harrison reed and as a box to box player he's not a goal scorer.Yes we should give him a proper preseason to adjust but with  players on big money and he will have done half season already.Worried that mitro whispered in Tony's ear,because silva doesn't seem to trust him did not play him against Crystal Palace he was trying to win did not trust him we don't want too many bit players as we still have the Swiss fulback to get rid of and ivan and kongolo still with 1 more year to loose their wages it amazes me if it's not silvas mistake he hangs around with Tony pretending to be manager tinkering on his laptop...

SerbianLad

I thought he started quite well yesterday, won that free kick in a dangerous area and had some good interceptions/blocks early on.

He seemed to play it too safe for my liking. And he did the same in the previous games. This is something that's uncaracteristic for him. His passing stats have mostly been impressive so far at Fulham, but most of the passes weren't "brave". When he did try some more dificult passes he usually succeeded.

Because of that, I'd say he's just lacking confidence and better understanting with his teammates at the moment. I'm still confident he'll be successful after full pre-season with the squad.

Also it's worth noting in my opinion that pretty much all games in which he got more than 5-15 minutes were against top sides like Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Brentford.

bencher

From the little I've seen of him I've found him to be a safety first type of midfielder. We've had plenty of those in recent PL campaigns and we need him to grow into a more progressive user of the ball. When we signed him I was hoping he would be like Reed but with more quality on the ball, but Reed has kicked on since he signed and he has been clear 2nd best. Let's see how he gets on next season, and we know how different the PL is from Serie A. But if we are looking for midfield upgrades this summer I wouldn't feel too disappointed, and as a depth option he is at least of better quality than Chalobah and Onomah etc.

Whitestone

Unfortunately for Lukic he hasn't had a run in the team. Take Vinicius as an example. He was getting pelters from some posters on here until he got his chance when Mitro was out. Now we know what he can do he has the supporters on his side. I had high hopes for Lukic. He came with a reputation as the captain of Torino who scored goals. Its never easy for a player who is not first choice and not getting the minutes to impress in consecutive games. It's also not straightforward moving mid season to a country where you don't speak the language.

AJW48361

My impression he has played very safe in most of he's matches he plays needs a pre season with the team

TheRealMB

Hope he comes good.  Has not shown anything thus far to force his way into the starting 11.

ffc73

I like what I've seen so far but agree that he has not yet done enough to start.

Compliment I can give him is since his arrival, imo, Harrison has upped his game. Competition is a good thing.

elgreenio

definitely needs a good run of games to adjust, still looks like he is playing a bit safe (maybe after realising just how quick the PL is???) but I think he'll come good.

Didnt help yesterday that I though Palhinha had his worst game in a Fulham shirt next to him
touch my camera through the fence

I Ronic

Marco seems to prefer not giving players minutes until they've really understood how the system works and how they fit into it.

Count Flapula

Quote from: elgreenio on May 29, 2023, 08:58:58 PMdefinitely needs a good run of games to adjust, still looks like he is playing a bit safe (maybe after realising just how quick the PL is???) but I think he'll come good.

Didnt help yesterday that I though Palhinha had his worst game in a Fulham shirt next to him

This, for me. Think he is still adjusting his game to the pace of the EPL, which is played at a consistently far faster tempo to Serie A.

He was a key player in that Torino side and and chipped in with goals and assists over the years. You don't become a bad player overnight so hopefully he can adjust to the quicker tempo (as much about confidence in decision making and what your team mates will be doing than technique), so hopefully a full preseason with the guys will help him adjust.

Nick Bateman

I was not impressed by Lukic on Sunday and Harrison Reed is/was far better. Cairney wasn't up to his high standards as well but he needs to stay in the first 11 more, messing him around affects his consistancy.

Lukic is a reserve player at best, was probably only acquired to make Mitro feel at home.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

General

I think it makes complete sense for Lukic to be a more conservative/keep the ball player given he's only half a season into his Fulham career, in a new and competitive league and he's only really played a handful of games, which is no time whatsoever in which to get aclimatised to the speed of a league.

I expect him to kick on with a full preseason behind him, time to pick up more of the English language so he can speak more with the rest of the squad. In Italy he was more of a box to box midfielder, captain at Torino and scored goals/got assists, I believe in time he'll find his feet and offer those same skills to the team.

Marcel_Gecov

Youtube suggests he can also take a mean penalty... food for thought....

JimmyConway

This player is a mystery to me? Not sure where his best position is or what his best attributes are? Not particularly quick does not look strong in the tackle. However he does get his head up and has a bit of swagger about him. Not sure he has got to the pace of the game here but needs to liven up sharpish. Pre season will be crucial with him and he needs to hit the ground running next season if we are to find a good player in him.

fancyfeet4

Maybe he just needs more time, but I was quite disappointed when he made appearances.  I look at his skillset and really wonder what he does well?

He isnt a dynamic passer.  He isnt someone like Palhina that is all over the field winning tackles and can pop up with a goal.  He doesnt have the engine of Reed.  I am not sure he fits in with the modern PL DCM play. He plays very boring side to side and backwards and over a season, he doesnt seem like a player you can rely on.

I hope for the best, but I really wonder if he is good enough for this level and at best he might be a 4th or 5th option.

Marcel_Gecov

He looks like he has potential to be our new StejJo. Swagger, nasty bastard in a tackle, he can finish as well based on his Torino stats. Looking forward to a marked improvement next season.

perry geyton

Bench quality def not a starter and no comparison to Harrison IMO