watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No sympathy for Anthony Taylor

Started by Nick Bateman, June 02, 2023, 05:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

What a nonsense posting. This was an impossible game to control by way of Moronio's tactics. Like the Dutch in the World Cup Final v Spain.

Moronio should get a six months ban.

Rupert

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on June 03, 2023, 01:15:53 PMThat said, hands up all here who might have expressed horror, surprise and shock, if Referee Kavanagh had been similarly attacked after his terrible display against Fulham at the infamous V Man Utd game?

Horror and disgust, maybe. We are Fulham. We are better than that. The worst I would hope would be for people to loudly express their pity for him being such an inadequate referee and offer his family their condolences for being related to him.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on June 03, 2023, 01:15:53 PMNick has every right to express is dislike and anger at Taylors behaviour and standard of refereeing.  Nick however, doesn't do himself much justice and credit for saying he has no sympathy for Taylor after he and his family had come under attack following said game.

Nick might have just as easily said what he said about Taylor, and followed it up by saying he disagreed with the later attack on him and his family.

That said, hands up all here who might have expressed horror, surprise and shock, if Referee Kavanagh had been similarly attacked after his terrible display against Fulham at the infamous V Man Utd game?

When I posted my opening I was not aware of the verbal attack at the airport against Taylor's family and I addressed that later. But that was not the subject I was referring to.

Everytime I see Anthony Taylor referee he is the most controversial, giving mind-boggling calls just to upset a team he has decided pre-match to pick on. He is a career-referee, enhancing his career before the game and hence has been rewarded for aiding Arsenal to 2 FA Cup wins among his many misdeamours. As Fulham fans have discovered, the FA is not about fairness nor openness as they still dither about allowing refs mics to be aired to the public as in rugby.

To answer Mammoth, Mourinho is a narcissist - his substitution of Dyabala in that match was again his grand-standing which probably turned the game. However if you wish to further punish Mourinho they should equally censure Jurgen Klopp. At least Mourinho gets angry when he loses, Klopp gets angry if when he wins!!

He was given a paltry one-match ban for agressively verbally abusing and bullying a fourth official who had done absolutely NOTHING to him. Former ref Keith Hackett said the grass roots refs had been let down by the weak ruling.

And on officiating at that level, refs are largely honest, I believe unlike the £100,000+pa refs we have in what many suggest is a corrupt system. We all see certain teams given favourable decisions every week while others struggle to get justice.

They (the refs) have a new target, Marco Silva. They are quick to prevent Silva from disputing decisions. I saw Graham Scott in a vehement rant at Silva after a match at Craven Cottage. These people want to not only cheat Fulham, but stop their manager from complaining about it.

And the media will ALWAYS take the side of the refs and people like Anthony Taylor who cause people to get upset.

Now let's hope there's no controversy in the Cup Final today as I simply want to enjoy the beautiful game not noticing the official (Paul Tierney is usually decent) and may the best team win!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

alfie

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on June 03, 2023, 01:15:53 PMNick has every right to express is dislike and anger at Taylors behaviour and standard of refereeing.  Nick however, doesn't do himself much justice and credit for saying he has no sympathy for Taylor after he and his family had come under attack following said game.

Nick might have just as easily said what he said about Taylor, and followed it up by saying he disagreed with the later attack on him and his family.

That said, hands up all here who might have expressed horror, surprise and shock, if Referee Kavanagh had been similarly attacked after his terrible display against Fulham at the infamous V Man Utd game?
There is absolutely no excuse, we know Kavanagh had a shocker, I would be very disappointed with Fulham supporters if they done that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Somerset Fulham

Pretty much everywhere says that he handled an absolute shitshow as well as could be handled. I thought he did a very good job under difficult circumstances as well.

You are talking utter bollocks.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 03, 2023, 02:25:56 PM

When I posted my opening I was not aware of the verbal attack at the airport against Taylor's family and I addressed that later. But that was not the subject I was referring to.

Everytime I see Anthony Taylor referee he is the most controversial, giving mind-boggling calls just to upset a team he has decided pre-match to pick on. He is a career-referee, enhancing his career before the game and hence has been rewarded for aiding Arsenal to 2 FA Cup wins among his many misdeamours. As Fulham fans have discovered, the FA is not about fairness nor openness as they still dither about allowing refs mics to be aired to the public as in rugby.

To answer Mammoth, Mourinho is a narcissist - his substitution of Dyabala in that match was again his grand-standing which probably turned the game. However if you wish to further punish Mourinho they should equally censure Jurgen Klopp. At least Mourinho gets angry when he loses, Klopp gets angry if when he wins!!

He was given a paltry one-match ban for agressively verbally abusing and bullying a fourth official who had done absolutely NOTHING to him. Former ref Keith Hackett said the grass roots refs had been let down by the weak ruling.

And on officiating at that level, refs are largely honest, I believe unlike the £100,000+pa refs we have in what many suggest is a corrupt system. We all see certain teams given favourable decisions every week while others struggle to get justice.

They (the refs) have a new target, Marco Silva. They are quick to prevent Silva from disputing decisions. I saw Graham Scott in a vehement rant at Silva after a match at Craven Cottage. These people want to not only cheat Fulham, but stop their manager from complaining about it.

And the media will ALWAYS take the side of the refs and people like Anthony Taylor who cause people to get upset.

Now let's hope there's no controversy in the Cup Final today as I simply want to enjoy the beautiful game not noticing the official (Paul Tierney is usually decent) and may the best team win!

Mister Bateman,

I can agree with you about Klopp who can have a Strop when he is a Flop and even when he is on Top he looks as though he could Drop, but the time will come when they tell him to take a Hop. He cries so much when you have a Pop that you need a Mop.

However Mourinho is in a class of his own when it comes to dissent and one day when he is sitting in front of the fire in his carpet slippers and armchair smoking a pipe, he may reflect on the times he has behaved like a mental affliction and put his head in his hands and find it is upside down.

But the die has been cast and he will never go to heaven because he has already been to hell.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Arthur

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 03, 2023, 02:25:56 PMEverytime I see Anthony Taylor referee he is the most controversial, giving mind-boggling calls just to upset a team he has decided pre-match to pick on.

You can be of the opinion that Taylor is the 'most controversial' referee who makes 'mind-boggling calls'. If you want others to agree, however, I think you will have to find a more convincing argument than your interpretation of the Europa League Final. If the best you can do is to cast an aspersion without providing any evidence, then, to my mind, your case must be a weak one.

With regard to the Europa League Final, going on what I once read Graham Poll write, Taylor would have been advised how to manage the game. Seemingly (and, in my opinion, unsurprisingly), UEFA would rather players were not sent off in its showpiece matches. Taylor showing leniency towards Lamela, therefore, not only fails to fit the description of a 'mind-boggling' decision but may well have been an explicit directive from UEFA.

You criticise Taylor for awarding a penalty that wasn't. Yet Taylor was the opposite side to the views that showed the Roma defender getting a touch on the ball. It's hardly 'mind-boggling' that Taylor didn't spot this. Had he then looked at the replay and not overturned his decision, that may well have been 'mind-boggling'. All I saw, instead, was VAR and Taylor working together to reach the correct decision.

The handball? Taylor's position just outside the penalty area is a good one for the build-up of play in that corner. However, a Roma player steps across his line of sight at the moment the ball is crossed. Could Taylor have anticipated the Roma player's movement and shifted his own position slightly? Maybe. What it is not, however, is either a 'mind-boggling' or deliberately provocative decision.

And you really are clutching at straws when you accuse Taylor of lacking common sense when correctly ordering the retake of the last penalty of the shoot out. There are situations in which the referee can apply his 'common sense' (i.e. a subjective view); that wasn't one of them.

In my opinion, your argument relies too heavily on rhetoric and is short on substance. Those instances you do document, moreover, do nothing, nothing whatsoever, in my opinion, to mark Taylor as a referee who 'upsets a team he has decided, pre-match, to pick on'.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on June 03, 2023, 01:15:53 PMThat said, hands up all here who might have expressed horror, surprise and shock, if Referee Kavanagh had been similarly attacked after his terrible display against Fulham at the infamous V Man Utd game?

Klopp has requested of Tierney should not referee any more Liverpool matches, as Chelsea stated about Taylor. Perhaps Kavanagh should avoid Fulham games, for his own sake.

Peabody is still quite handy with his chromium-plated knuckle-dusters...

alfie

One thing I won't miss from this season is the constant moaning about biased/corrupt officials, how the FA, Uefa and FIFA are corrupt from top to bottom. Having done a bit of reffing there is no way I would even contemplate doing it for a living.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

Well Batesy, i know you like being called that as you are one of the boys.

Nevertheless, it looks as though, in fact it is nailed on that you are going to be administered another Red Card  🟥  due to your diatribe and dissent against Mr Taylor the accomplished top draw Referee, and you have to confess you only have yourself to blame.

Please remind me, how many Red Cards is that you have accrued this season.
Has it beaten last seasons all time record  ?

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 03, 2023, 02:36:09 PMPretty much everywhere says that he handled an absolute shitshow as well as could be handled. I thought he did a very good job under difficult circumstances as well.

Agreed

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: alfie on June 04, 2023, 03:37:11 PMOne thing I won't miss from this season is the constant moaning about biased/corrupt officials, how the FA, Uefa and FIFA are corrupt from top to bottom. Having done a bit of reffing there is no way I would even contemplate doing it for a living.

I haven't reffed but I also cannot wait for this crap to die down. Its quite ridiculous.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on June 03, 2023, 02:36:09 PMPretty much everywhere says that he handled an absolute shitshow as well as could be handled. I thought he did a very good job under difficult circumstances as well.

Blimey Batesy have you read this, it says you are talking utter bollocks.
You may think that is a bit harsh, but think again old timer.

Because if you were working for the Ministry of Transport you would be talking utter Bollards, if you were working for the Ministry of Agriculture you would be talking utter Bullocks, if you were working for the Ministry of Defence you would be talking utter Barracks, if you were working for the Ministry of Sport you would be talking utter Billiards and if you were working for the Ministry of Health you would be talking utter Bellends.
So that makes it another 5 Red Cards 🟥🟥🟥🟥 🟥  to be added to your current total of Dismissals.

Never forget your Roots.

Willham

I havent watched the game, but from what I've heard, it was a cade of roma and mourinho diving and trying to cheat all game while the ref took no nonsense, didn't fall for any tricks and had a very very good game.

That seems to be the rhetoric all around, this is the first I've heard from a none roma fan who has said taylor had a poor game.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Arthur on June 03, 2023, 04:51:14 PM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 03, 2023, 02:25:56 PMEverytime I see Anthony Taylor referee he is the most controversial, giving mind-boggling calls just to upset a team he has decided pre-match to pick on.

You can be of the opinion that Taylor is the 'most controversial' referee who makes 'mind-boggling calls'. If you want others to agree, however, I think you will have to find a more convincing argument than your interpretation of the Europa League Final. If the best you can do is to cast an aspersion without providing any evidence, then, to my mind, your case must be a weak one.

With regard to the Europa League Final, going on what I once read Graham Poll write, Taylor would have been advised how to manage the game. Seemingly (and, in my opinion, unsurprisingly), UEFA would rather players were not sent off in its showpiece matches. Taylor showing leniency towards Lamela, therefore, not only fails to fit the description of a 'mind-boggling' decision but may well have been an explicit directive from UEFA.

You criticise Taylor for awarding a penalty that wasn't. Yet Taylor was the opposite side to the views that showed the Roma defender getting a touch on the ball. It's hardly 'mind-boggling' that Taylor didn't spot this. Had he then looked at the replay and not overturned his decision, that may well have been 'mind-boggling'. All I saw, instead, was VAR and Taylor working together to reach the correct decision.

The handball? Taylor's position just outside the penalty area is a good one for the build-up of play in that corner. However, a Roma player steps across his line of sight at the moment the ball is crossed. Could Taylor have anticipated the Roma player's movement and shifted his own position slightly? Maybe. What it is not, however, is either a 'mind-boggling' or deliberately provocative decision.

And you really are clutching at straws when you accuse Taylor of lacking common sense when correctly ordering the retake of the last penalty of the shoot out. There are situations in which the referee can apply his 'common sense' (i.e. a subjective view); that wasn't one of them.

In my opinion, your argument relies too heavily on rhetoric and is short on substance. Those instances you do document, moreover, do nothing, nothing whatsoever, in my opinion, to mark Taylor as a referee who 'upsets a team he has decided, pre-match, to pick on'.

Your argument Arthur is made of a lot of assumptions that Taylor did or did not see an occurance on the pitch of which he made the wrong call both in favour of Seville. He did the same thing in 2 FA Cup Finals in which he favoured Arsenal sending off 2 Chelsea players which even the media called harsh.

Taylor as with many modern refs give decisions on things they did not see. He did not see the contact for the penalty he gave to Seville, but because his is Anthony Taylor he gave a pen. They have VAR there to inform him if there was contact so there was no need for him to grandstand in favour of Seville, and he was rightly corrected by a 'junior' official.

Remember when Callum Wilson blatantly dived against Fulham this season. Many on this forum were irate about Wilson, but the referee escaped any complaint. I say, many of these officials give fouls where no contact is made. It's "lazy refereeing" and it encourages cheats in football to dive and spoil the game.

In the recent World Cup, FIFA made sure the officials respect the tournament, and not give dives, which made the Qatar WC one of the best. As soon as we go back to how UEFA handle football all the diving and cheating is rewarded by lazy and career referees.

You also assume Taylor's vision was blocked but he illustrated the player had his arms by his sides, which is saying he did see the handball but his hands were in a natural position. VAR should have been braver and brought Taylor to the monitor as there was a small movement towards the ball which as soon as the Sevilla defender deflected it, he swiftly moved his hand behind his back, pretending he was trying to get it out of the way.

If referees are that easily fooled they have no right to officiate at the highest level.

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 04, 2023, 05:33:22 PM

Because if you were working for the Ministry of Transport you would be talking utter Bollards, if you were working for the Ministry of Agriculture you would be talking utter Bullocks, if you were working for the Ministry of Defence you would be talking utter Barracks, if you were working for the Ministry of Sport you would be talking utter Billiards and if you were working for the Ministry of Health you would be talking utter Bellends.
So that makes it another 5 Red Cards 🟥🟥🟥🟥 🟥  to be added to your current total of Dismissals.

I remember once defending you Mammoth on your 'banter' when others were saying you were going too far. With the mindless swearing you spout with no intelligence applied to it, I'm thinking I should not have defended you before.

Nick Bateman

Also Mammoth, you stated on this forum that the Premier League is corrupt based on the bad decisions Fulham were getting this season past. Are you back-tracking on your own words now??

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 04, 2023, 06:51:20 PM
Quote from: Arthur on June 03, 2023, 04:51:14 PM

Your argument Arthur is made of a lot of assumptions that Taylor did or did not see an occurance on the pitch of which he made the wrong call both in favour of Seville. He did the same thing in 2 FA Cup Finals in which he favoured Arsenal sending off 2 Chelsea players which even the media called harsh.

Taylor as with many modern refs give decisions on things they did not see. He did not see the contact for the penalty he gave to Seville, but because his is Anthony Taylor he gave a pen. They have VAR there to inform him if there was contact so there was no need for him to grandstand in favour of Seville, and he was rightly corrected by a 'junior' official.

Remember when Callum Wilson blatantly dived against Fulham this season. Many on this forum were irate about Wilson, but the referee escaped any complaint. I say, many of these officials give fouls where no contact is made. It's "lazy refereeing" and it encourages cheats in football to dive and spoil the game.

In the recent World Cup, FIFA made sure the officials respect the tournament, and not give dives, which made the Qatar WC one of the best. As soon as we go back to how UEFA handle football all the diving and cheating is rewarded by lazy and career referees.

You also assume Taylor's vision was blocked but he illustrated the player had his arms by his sides, which is saying he did see the handball but his hands were in a natural position. VAR should have been braver and brought Taylor to the monitor as there was a small movement towards the ball which as soon as the Sevilla defender deflected it, he swiftly moved his hand behind his back, pretending he was trying to get it out of the way.

If referees are that easily fooled they have no right to officiate at the highest level.

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 04, 2023, 05:33:22 PM

I remember once defending you Mammoth on your 'banter' when others were saying you were going too far. With the mindless swearing you spout with no intelligence applied to it, I'm thinking I should not have defended you before.

By the Beard of Zeus,
Batesy my old sparring partner, forgive me.
I also remember that one lonely solo single once in a lifetime moment that you did defend me and i salute you and i appreciate it, and that is one more than many people have done, so you are ahead on credit and i thank you.

Nevertheless i must put the record straight, i have never produced a swear word on this forum with the exception of the word Chelsea.
Although i do admit that i did swear on another occasion when i swore my allegiance to Fulham.
Apart from that i have been a pillar of the community, and squeaky clean.

So i shall defend myself on the false allegations of mindless swearing, clearly a mistaken identity, which is understandable when i look very much like 99% of the population and just blend in with the crowd.
 However, i do agree with you about me having no intelligence, i have to blame my Woodwork Teacher and the local vicar, and the fact that i was born in a cave and dragged up.
I did not have the same opportunities as you being brought up in Eton, or were you eaten and brought up.

Look it's just a bit of banter, and i have to say you must not be so sensitive.
If you worked in the Fire Brigade and did a 15 hour shift with a Fire Crew and called yourself one and were as condescending and pompous as you are on here, you would get slaughtered and left by the Pump Escape Crew of Red Watch hanging upside down from a hook ladder on the 6th floor of a training tower in the backyard of a station in the middle of your night shift, probably K22.

Or if you were in a Specialist Fighting Unit 10 miles behind enemy lines and had such a thin skin, they would leave you there for the enemy to chew over.

If it makes you feel better i shall even rescind the 5 Red Cards if it pleases you.

Always remember that an open enemy is better than a false friend.

Never forget your Roots.

Arthur

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 04, 2023, 06:51:20 PMYour argument Arthur is made of a lot of assumptions...

Indeed. Just as yours is. It's why were voicing our opinions rather than stating facts. This, for instance, is an assumption on your part:

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 04, 2023, 06:51:20 PMHe did not see the contact for the penalty he gave to Seville...
Assuming you mean the contact with the player, of course. It makes no sense to say he should have known he hadn't seen the contact with the ball.

Having watched a replay of this incident, however, I agree with you...

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 04, 2023, 06:51:20 PMYou also assume Taylor's vision was blocked but he illustrated the player had his arms by his sides, which is saying he did see the handball but his hands were in a natural position.
...Taylor does, indeed, indicate with his arm when he next stops play. In which case, I don't see a problem with his informed decision not to award a penalty. Unlike the penalty Taylor gave that wasn't, about which there seems to be a more-or-less unanimous view, I don't think there's a consensus of opinion that this was the incorrect call. From the oblique angle that Taylor saw it in that split-second, I don't see how he can go by anything other than that the defender's arm was not raised.

As for this lot...

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 04, 2023, 06:51:20 PMHe did the same thing in 2 FA Cup Finals in which he favoured Arsenal sending off 2 Chelsea players which even the media called harsh...

Remember when Callum Wilson blatantly dived against Fulham this season. Many on this forum were irate about Wilson, but the referee escaped any complaint. I say, many of these officials give fouls where no contact is made. It's "lazy refereeing" and it encourages cheats in football to dive and spoil the game...

In the recent World Cup, FIFA made sure the officials respect the tournament, and not give dives, which made the Qatar WC one of the best. As soon as we go back to how UEFA handle football all the diving and cheating is rewarded by lazy and career referees...
We are supposed to be discussing Taylor's handling of the Europa League Final - not dissecting every incorrect refereeing decision that may ever have been made. You're all over the place.

I shall wind up this post. As your only counter-argument has been that I had to make some assumptions, my last words will go back to the big assumption you haven't been able to justify at all:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Nick Bateman on June 04, 2023, 06:57:57 PMAlso Mammoth, you stated on this forum that the Premier League is corrupt based on the bad decisions Fulham were getting this season past. Are you back-tracking on your own words now??

No Batesy i am not backtracking on anything i may have said, i am just well balanced in my opinions.
Which shows that my rational views are a lesson for you to learn from after you have had a lie down.

Never forget your Roots.

Nick Bateman

Problem I have is refs constantly giving what their eyes didn't see! Taylor is one of the worst, but I detect a "I'm one of the elite refs so I can do anything" superiority in his style over the years. During Howard Webb's reffing days it was said , a ref can be seen looking straight at an infringement but one cannot prove he saw it, like when Kavanagh saw Luke Shaw push Mitrovic in the back in that FA Cup match.

I remember when he was simply the one referee who would upset fans and his opposition for the day more extremely than any other referee. That advanced him up the ranks as the teams he helped were the ones Sky & the FA wanted to help. As Mammoth called it corruption.

As to Mammoth, one accepts it was a banter beyond reproach and one is pleased the 5 red cards have been rescinded as I would not like to feel as persecuted as Mitrovic is. I do wonder sometimes, if Woolly Mammoth in reality is a bald-headed clean shaven 5' 2" halfling is his stockinged feet!