watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Palace 0-0 Fulham - 23 September

Started by WhiteJC, June 15, 2023, 08:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: St Eve on September 23, 2023, 03:32:25 PMThe ref has lost control. How long before there is a red?

He's been awful.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

akf

great contribution from andreas & raul! so close

St Eve

Nearly Raul. Just a matter of time

ChesterTheTabby

Pereira...  that's awfully embarrassing

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

akf

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on September 23, 2023, 03:38:51 PMPereira...  that's awfully embarrassing
or he was making commentary on the soft foul given just before...

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: akf on September 23, 2023, 03:39:35 PM
Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on September 23, 2023, 03:38:51 PMPereira...  that's awfully embarrassing

That's an optimistic view

St Eve

Are you kidding. He almost broke his back with that slap!

MisfitKid

what happens when there is an actual "yellow" foul?  it's a Red?

akf

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on September 23, 2023, 03:41:05 PM
Quote from: akf on September 23, 2023, 03:39:35 PM

That's an optimistic view

suspending my disbelief

btffc

Quote from: St Eve on September 23, 2023, 03:42:01 PM
Are you kidding. He almost broke his back with that slap!

He could've been killed!

MisfitKid

I am tired of bumble & stumble in the final third...

ChesterTheTabby

Very even game - fun to watch beating the period of flopping and referee losing control a bit

SerbianLad

Referee was completely sh*t.

Regarding Andreas' "incident", it was absolutely ridiculous, but I didn't mind it that much considering the terrible diving Palace did throughout the match.

I thought we played really well, our finishing could have been a bit better, but credit to Johnson as well, he made some fine saves. More of the same please.

I'd might swap Ream at half time, he's played really well overall in my opinion, but I worry about another Brentford situation, where he gets an early second yellow. Iwobi to come on for BDR at some point in time too, to freshen things up.

jayffc

Why not just launch that one into their box at the end of time there??
dilly-dallying sideways and back when ya might as well just go for one last shot on goal before the break.

BDR off for Wilson or Iwobi for me. Been pretty anonymous, again I can't really blame Raul when he's getting very litle service from the 3 behind him. When he did get a chance he had a nice shot on goal but otherwise another quiet performance from our attack in general. We're better generally but not clicking really.

Jerome robinson probably should have done better when he burst through their midfield and found himself outside their box in no mans land and fumbled completely to work out what do with the ball. Sums us up a bit so far this season, pretty toothless but not exactly poor.

What time is Vini time this week?

Rj Fulham

Had better chances than this time last week which is a positive, just need a chance or two in the net.

Hopefully Iwobi and Vini can provide the same spark they did last week!

akf

Quote from: SerbianLad on September 23, 2023, 03:55:29 PMReferee was completely sh*t.

Regarding Andreas' "incident", it was absolutely ridiculous, but I didn't mind it that much considering the terrible diving Palace did throughout the match.

I thought we played really well, our finishing could have been a bit better, but credit to Johnson as well, he made some fine saves. More of the same please.

I'd might swap Ream at half time, he's played really well overall in my opinion, but I worry about another Brentford situation, where he gets an early second yellow. Iwobi to come on for BDR at some point in time too, to freshen things up.

Agree - but i think he'll put Iwobi in for Reed, Wilson on as a supersub for BDR or Willian

SerbianLad

Quote from: akf on September 23, 2023, 04:00:39 PM
Quote from: SerbianLad on September 23, 2023, 03:55:29 PMReferee was completely sh*t.

Agree - but i think he'll put Iwobi in for Reed, Wilson on as a supersub for BDR or Willian
I hope not. Iwobi isn't good enough defensively to play Reed's role in a game like this, in my opinion. Against teams like Luton, Everton, Sheffield United I'd consider playing him there, in a match like this I think it's way too risky.

akf

Must commend Diop's motivation to send the searching ball forward, but his accuracy leaves much to be desired

St Eve

BDR, Andre and Willian have been very quiet