News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could Silva Turn Dele Alli’s Career Around?

Started by LC, June 08, 2023, 09:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Could Silva Turn Dele Alli's Career Around?

Yes
14 (14.6%)
No
82 (85.4%)

Total Members Voted: 95

RaySmith

Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 21, 2023, 11:27:12 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on June 12, 2023, 08:44:25 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on June 10, 2023, 12:22:55 PMMarco Silva won't turn Deli Ali's career around because he isn't that kind of coach; but Brian Clough would get Deli Ali playing well.

Not sure how you 'know' this, presume you mean that Cloughie, great manager as he undoubtedly was, would have had a right go at him. saying 'shape up or get out.'

Whereas  Silva would maybe try to empathise with the player, probably more in keeping with modern methods of player management.
And we have seen how he has resurrected careers.

Not sure myself if either method would work this player, but I thought that Silva and Fulham wouldn't sign him unless looking deep into the player's background and psychology, and feeling that something could be achieved with him.

Don't think it's likely he will come to us anyway.

I don't know what Marco Silva can do, but I do know what Marco Silva and Cloughie have done. Brian Clough has fixed many players with mentally and motivation issue.

Marco Silva appears to be best at improving players that are highly motivated like Reed, Ream, Palhinha and Robinson, especially finding how they best fit into the formation.

Marco Silva may have the skills required to fix Deli Ali, but he hasn't really shown it and if he does have such skills it is more likely in his mother tongue of Portuguese.

Let's face it, Deli Ali has probably had some help from some pretty good coaches, only the the best of the best mental coaches (like Cloughie) can fix him.

Well Cloughie wold gave insight into addiction, since he became an alcoholic.

RaySmith

Quote from: RAY Rock ???? on June 22, 2023, 12:16:26 AMGet him in preseason like we did with Willian Borges da Silva and run the rule over him. Cant hurt

Good post - the club wouldn't sign him unless they were positive he could do a job and had potential, working with Silva.

RAY Rock ????

Close this thread Marco is off to Saudi for the 💴 💴💴💴 💴 🐍