watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fred for 20m?

Started by Sammyffc, June 20, 2023, 05:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Quote from: jarv on June 21, 2023, 10:56:46 AMI would prefer McTominay.  Decent, honest footballer. You know what you are going to get from him. Can play different positions, midfield, centre back. Seems to me, he gets short change from their dutch manager.

What does 'honest' mean - seems people use it to describe any player that is from the UK and technically limited.
He can only play CM. He has played 1 games at CB in the last 3 seasons according to transfermarkt and that was in a 5ATB (I definitely don't count that as being able to play CB) - also no idea why 'Dutch' is mentioned haha

I actually think Mctominay is decent though although Fred is the better player .. Mctominays age means there would be more resale value but doubt they would be available for the same price
STH H3

FFC1987

Quote from: @jolslover on June 21, 2023, 11:40:32 AM
Quote from: jarv on June 21, 2023, 10:56:46 AMI would prefer McTominay.  Decent, honest footballer. You know what you are going to get from him. Can play different positions, midfield, centre back. Seems to me, he gets short change from their dutch manager.

What does 'honest' mean - seems people use it to describe any player that is from the UK and technically limited.
He can only play CM. He has played 1 games at CB in the last 3 seasons according to transfermarkt and that was in a 5ATB (I definitely don't count that as being able to play CB) - also no idea why 'Dutch' is mentioned haha

I actually think Mctominay is decent though although Fred is the better player .. Mctominays age means there would be more resale value but doubt they would be available for the same price

Honest, generally speaking means, a fairly straight shooter. Works hard, isn't the most creative but will graft to work box to box, never shy's from a tackle and tends to keep the ball albeit, more sideways and backwards passing than forward thinking. I think there's probably plenty of examples of this of foreign players but its generally an English term so I guess that's probably why you hear it more.

LC

£10-15m maximum for me

FishaPrice

Quote from: jarv on June 21, 2023, 10:56:46 AMI would orefer McTominay.  Decent, honest footballer. You know what you are going to get from him. Can play different positions, midfield, centre back. Seems to me, he gets short change from their dutch manager.

McTominay is a thug. I would hate to see him at Fulham.

vancouver

This 100% depends on the finances. If we can get him for a 20M or less, and he picked up salary on par with our other high earners it's worth it. If he's coming for 20M and breaking our wage structure(creating squad problems) then it's not worth it.

perry geyton

Quote from: roberto w6 on June 20, 2023, 05:51:23 PMHe's been despised by their fans until after the world cup, since when he's had his only strong run of form at ManU. Really not sure on this one
He'd play next to Jao instead of Harrison as he's not a no.10. Personally, I'd prefer to stick with HR and have Lukic as cover if Fred is the other alternative

No way I'd drop the Duracell for him...could be a tidy little addition to our bench tho...

filham

Quote from: Sting of the North on June 21, 2023, 09:35:43 AM
Quote from: filham on June 21, 2023, 09:27:16 AMMedia suggests we are asking £90m for Palhinha, if we could replace him with Fred for say £10m then I guess that would be attractive to TK.
But that also explains why we will probably finish in the bottom half of the table and Man.u. are certs for a top six finish.

Care to provide any examples of TK selling our top players and replacing them with cheaper ones? You may complain about a lot, but basically accusing our owners of penny pinching seems wildly inaccurate. I can´t see how on earth you arrive at your conclusion here...
I wasn't particularly being critical of our owners but simply stating the difference between Fulham and any of the big six clubs.
We have not produced players wanted by the top clubs for a long while  but we now find ourselves with Palhinha, Tete and Robinson who have been linked with big clubs , interesting to see what happens.
It is a fact of modern football life that the big six are capable of taking any player they want from the smaller clubs.
Remember how Spurs snatched Dempsey from us.. and in more recent times good youngsters have gone to Liverpool and City.

hovewhite

Clubs sniffing round Jedi,man city.palhinia,tosin.if 2 of those are fact and with Jedi and tosin refusing to sign I can understand how we may lose Silva.

Deeping_white

Quote from: hovewhite on June 23, 2023, 09:45:59 PMClubs sniffing round Jedi,man city.palhinia,tosin.if 2 of those are fact and with Jedi and tosin refusing to sign I can understand how we may lose Silva.

Why? If you listen to the paper rumours we'd get 50m for Tosin and Robinson, which in real terms means Silva would have about 100m to replace them from a FFP perspective on top of whatever budget we've already got, which he might like because he gets to buy at least two good players of his choice and have extra money to buy further players

hovewhite

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 23, 2023, 10:12:27 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on June 23, 2023, 09:45:59 PMClubs sniffing round Jedi,man city.palhinia,tosin.if 2 of those are fact and with Jedi and tosin refusing to sign I can understand how we may lose Silva.

Why? If you listen to the paper rumours we'd get 50m for Tosin and Robinson, which in real terms means Silva would have about 100m to replace them from a FFP perspective on top of whatever budget we've already got, which he might like because he gets to buy at least two good players of his choice and have extra money to buy further players
this time of year I dislike because we always seem to move late re signings.

LC

Quote from: Deeping_white on June 23, 2023, 10:12:27 PM

I'd be shocked if we got £50m for Tosin and Robinson. If we get offered anything near that for the pair we should take it