watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

In Today's 'News Of The Screws'

Started by White Noise, January 16, 2011, 04:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ag

I'd take a healthy Salcido over Konchesky every day of the week.  Now if one of them can play the right and we can get Paintsil out of the starting XI, then by all means.

aFFCn_Fan

Please can someone explain why the tide of opinion turned so drastically against Salcido. Watching the goal highlights of the first game this season against Wigan I remember at the time thinking "this guy is a good find, fast, takes players on, decent crosses and tracks back to win some tackles. Better than Konch".

I remember he was out of position a couple of time on return from injury, but obviously I missed something major along the way. I don't know where or when but can someone explain why and in which games it went so wrong and fans and Sparky alike seem to prefer Baird, or even Briggs at LB?
@hincharoo

TonyGilroy

Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on January 17, 2011, 07:15:02 AM
Please can someone explain why the tide of opinion turned so drastically against Salcido. Watching the goal highlights of the first game this season against Wigan I remember at the time thinking "this guy is a good find, fast, takes players on, decent crosses and tracks back to win some tackles. Better than Konch".

I remember he was out of position a couple of time on return from injury, but obviously I missed something major along the way. I don't know where or when but can someone explain why and in which games it went so wrong and fans and Sparky alike seem to prefer Baird, or even Briggs at LB?

When it comes to football message boards think "hysterical lynch mob" rather than "informed football analysts".

BalDrick

He was badly out of position for a few goals we conceded - has the potential to be a good left-sided midfielder (winger I think they used to be called) but isn't as good defensively, is I think the general consensus. Can't remember which games, Citeh may have been one.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

ImperialWhite

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 17, 2011, 10:42:51 AM

When it comes to football message boards think "hysterical lynch mob" rather than "informed football analysts".

Nonsense.

Right, where was I? Oh yes:
PANTSIL OUT!
YEAAAH SALCIDO IS BETTER THAN CASHLEY
BOOOO SALCIDO IS SHITE
HUGHES OUT
HUGHES IN
MOURHINO OUT
BOOOO GET BAIRD IN
BOOOO HUGHES WE NEED PANTSIL BACK

Burt

I actually quite liked Konch and was sorry to see him go.

He was part of one of the most formidable defences last season, and was for the most part reliable and dependable.

Of course he had the odd lapse in concentration, but most players do.

Burt

Oh, and I hope that if he does come back, that Delle Valle does not go back the other way!