watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marco Silva to Al- Ahli?

Started by Sammyffc, July 05, 2023, 11:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

USNA90

Quote from: Caedal on July 05, 2023, 06:45:56 PMPersonally I wouldn't be surprised if he's gone. There's been a lot of stories about him going to one of the clubs.

The bottom line here is that we shouldn't count on having him at the club for the long haul. He's either motivated by money, in which case he'll take a Saudi job; or, he's ambitious and will leave for a larger club when that opportunity arises. We should enjoy it while it lasts, pray that he stays long enough to solidify Fulham's place in the PL, and hope that Fulham's management team has a short list of replacements in the top drawer.  He's done more than his fair share for the club, and I won't have any hard feelings towards him if/when that day comes.

Somerset Fulham

I've said this before (possibly on this thread) but I just do not understand why they seem to be so interested in Marco. There are plenty of older, proven elite managers kicking about not doing much at the moment, and as much as I think Marco has been great, he absolutely is not at that level yet.

ElRay

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on July 05, 2023, 11:31:58 PMI've said this before (possibly on this thread) but I just do not understand why they seem to be so interested in Marco. There are plenty of older, proven elite managers kicking about not doing much at the moment, and as much as I think Marco has been great, he absolutely is not at that level yet.

Barring the 3 newly promoted clubs, I think Marco is the easiest target due to his contract situation. It would be a massive coup for them to lure away a manager from a Premier League club as they can spin it in so many ways. He's not just come for the money he has belief in the Saudi vision etc to make themselves look like viable contenders.

FFCBadger

ALl this delaying, contract jiggery pokery at some point has to be called out.
You cant complain about FFC not having signed players when you haven't signed your own effing contract?

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFCBadger on July 06, 2023, 07:48:58 AMALl this delaying, contract jiggery pokery at some point has to be called out.
You cant complain about FFC not having signed players when you haven't signed your own effing contract?

He is already under contract, so I don't really see the point of this argument. Nothing to call out.

Whitestone

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 06, 2023, 08:35:47 AM
Quote from: FFCBadger on July 06, 2023, 07:48:58 AMALl this delaying, contract jiggery pokery at some point has to be called out.

He is already under contract, so I don't really see the point of this argument. Nothing to call out.

It's entirely reasonable to question why Silva appears to be stalling on extending his contract. Players are more likely to sign in the knowledge that the manager is committed longer term.

Marcel_Gecov

Reports are now that they are speaking to Graham Potter. I think we've seen off any danger of MS leaving this summer - now for contract talks and strengthening the squad. WIllian first hopefully.

ElRay

Quote from: Whitestone on July 06, 2023, 08:41:16 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on July 06, 2023, 08:35:47 AM

It's entirely reasonable to question why Silva appears to be stalling on extending his contract. Players are more likely to sign in the knowledge that the manager is committed longer term.

If the club see Marco as the long term leader of this current Fulham project, the Khans were in London towards the end of the season. Surely that's the time to lock Marco & his agent in a room for heavy negotiations give him what he wants and start preparations for next season in May.

But if Marco's saying he likes things done early but isn't committing his future instead going away on holiday with a year left on his deal perhaps seeing what other offers come in, it doesn't give the club much confidence.

I can see both sides ands Ultimately don't know who to blame, but if there was a big offer on the table from Fulham The Athletic, Romano etc would've heard about and report on it. In my opinion it's not just the players who go on holiday over pre season and the Khans also put the running of the club on the back burner as they invest time into their other projects.

Sting of the North

Or maybe no one is "to blame", because there may not be an issue at all. That is often the case in reality.

For all we know they may already have an agreement in place in principle but have just not gotten around to finalizing. Or they agreed to wait until a certain time. Or they are miles apart and Silva will leave.

What I believe is very likely though is that the club has made it clear that they want him to stay, and that they will compensate him accordingly (at least in their opinion).