watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 18/07/23...

Started by WhiteJC, July 17, 2023, 11:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Now every chance West Ham sign 'special' £20m PL player this summer – journalist

Journalist Alex Crook has suggested that he has been told recently that there is every chance that West Ham get a deal done for Fulham star Joao Palhinha.

Crook was speaking on talkSPORT as the Hammers continue their pursuit of the Portuguese following the sale of Declan Rice to Arsenal.

Joao Palhinha appears to be a top target for David Moyes in this window. Of course, it is absolutely imperative that West Ham strengthen in their midfield after selling Rice.

West Ham in with a good chance of sealing Joao Palhinha deal
Unfortunately for the Irons, it is not going to be easy to land Palhinha. According to The Athletic, West Ham have already seen a £45 million bid for the Fulham star rejected.

Interestingly, The Athletic noted that the Irons are not optimistic about their chances of signing the 28-year-old. But Crook has told a different story, with one source suggesting that West Ham may be on course to get their man.

"This is a worry for Fulham if they do lose him. I think £40 million will very much be the starting point. Obviously, Fulham will work upwards. But I was told yesterday there is every chance this deal gets done," he told talkSPORT.

If Palhinha was able to replicate his form for Fulham with West Ham, there is absolutely no question that he would be an unbelievable signing for the Irons.

He was a revelation for Marco Silva's side last year. In fact, it is staggering that Fulham were able to secure his signature for just £20 million.

He has only just turned 28, so he has plenty of time left at his peak. And that should excite West Ham fans at such a crucial point in their recent history.

Obviously, selling Rice is a blow. But the money his departure has brought in gives West Ham the chance to move forward if they bring the right players in.

Palhinha has been labelled a 'special' player in the past. So he would certainly be an exciting addition.

https://tbrfootball.com/now-every-chance-west-ham-sign-special-20m-pl-player-this-summer-journalist/

WhiteJC

Joao Palhinha: West Ham's Big Money Target from Fulham
West Ham Eye Fulham Star Joao Palhinha Amid Search for Declan Rice Replacement

As the transfer season begins to heat up, West Ham have turned their eyes towards Fulham's prized asset Joao Palhinha, as they brace for a future without their mainstay Declan Rice.

David Moyes, the Hammers manager, has openly shown admiration for the 28-year-old Portuguese star. The London club are seeking to give their fans a taste of Palhinha's skill on a regular basis. However, their desire is met with a steep £60 million price tag that Fulham has reportedly set on their beloved talent.

It's a significant increase from the £20 million Fulham initially invested, but the West London outfit recognises they've nurtured a genuine gem.

Scanning the Transfer Market Amid Staffing Changes
With the ongoing changes in West Ham's recruitment department – including losing their head of recruitment analysis, Jordan Miles, to Aberdeen – the club are reviewing a catalogue of potential additions to their squad.

They've made a verbal bid for James Ward-Prowse of Southampton and have entered into negotiations around Juventus' Denis Zakaria, Edson Alvarez at Ajax, Leeds United's Tyler Adams. Manchester United's Scott McTominay is still in the frame as well.

Fulham's Resolve Amid Interest from West Ham
On the other side of the equation, Fulham are striving to retain their core players, including manager Marco Silva.

Despite having flirted with a move to Nottingham Forest last week, Willian looks set to stay at Craven Cottage following an enhanced contract offer, with an announcement expected on Monday. Despite facing two rejected bids, Aleksandar Mitrovic is still keen on a move to Saudi Arabia's Al Hilal. Also, the Cottagers have reignited their interest in Callum Hudson-Odoi after their initial approach was turned down.

In other news, West Ham's young striker Mipo Odubeko is preparing for a stint in Portugal. The 20-year-old Republic of Ireland U21 international, formerly of Manchester United's academy, is set to sign for Maritimo on a two-year deal after struggling to breakthrough at West Ham.

https://eplindex.com/92337/joao-palhinha-west-hams-big-money-target-from-fulham.html

WhiteJC

Fulham 'winning the race' to sign Andre
Fulham remain the frontrunners to sign Brazilian international Andre from Fluminese, according to the latest reports from South America.

The Whites have tracked the 22 year-old tenacious tackler, who is a favourite of Fulham head coach Marco Silva for the past two years, and are keen to try and close a deal for the highly-rated midfielder before they are gazumped by any of European's leading sides, who are closely monitoring the Ibiratai-born schemer's availability. Interest from Liverpool appears to have prompted the Cottagers to reopen talks over a deal.

Fulham stumbled over Fluminese's £20m asking price during the winter transfer window due to their tight FFP envelope that prohibited big money signings. There was a dispute over when the midfielder would move to London with Fluminese keen to hold onto their starlet until January 2024 when the Brazilian campaign concludes, which remains a sticking point during the present negotiations.

Tonight, leading Brazilian journalist Emmanuel Luiz has reported that the clubs are back in negotiations regarding a permanent transfer for the defensive midfielder. Fulham have made a new offer of around £25.8m which the Brazilian club are considering. Andre, who has been with Fluzão since the age of twelve, is keen to test himself in England under Silva having made more than a hundred first-team appearances for his boyhood club.

The talented midfielder, who won back-to-back Taça Guanabara and Campeonato Carioca titles in 2022 and 2023, made his international debut for Brazil in a 4-2 friendly win over Senegal last month.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/07/fulham-winning-the-race-to-sign-andre/

WhiteJC

Willian Rejoins Fulham

The Club is delighted to confirm that Willian has agreed a new deal that sees him return to Fulham.

Following his excellent maiden campaign at Craven Cottage, the winger has now signed a contract until 2024, with a Club option to extend by a further 12 months.

Fresh from extending his stay in SW6, Willian told FFCtv: "I'm completely happy. Happy to sign one more year with Fulham.

"Happy to continue the work that I did last season with all my teammates and the whole Club. I think it's a club that can do even better this season, so I'm happy to continue this amazing adventure."

Tony Khan added: "I'm thrilled that Willian will return to Fulham for at least one more season!

"He was a very important addition last summer and was a significant contributor during one of the most successful Premier League campaigns our club has ever had.

"We're all very excited that he'll return to Craven Cottage as we aim for another successful season in the Premier League together! Come on Fulham!"

Willian first arrived at Fulham on the final day of last summer's transfer window, making his debut as a substitute away to Tottenham Hotspur two days later.

The first of many assists arrived in our next match – a 3-2 win at Nottingham Forest – before opening his account for the Club with what proved to be the winner when we defeated Leeds United by the same scoreline the following month.

The 70-cap Brazil international ended the campaign with five goals – one of which won the Premier League's Goal of the Month, as well as the Club's Goal of the Season award – and six assists, in 27 top-flight starts.

Willian's consistent form put him in strong contention to win Player of the Season, eventually finishing fourth in the voting.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/july/17/willian-rejoins-fulham/

WhiteJC

Willian signs new Fulham deal
Veteran winger Willian has signed a new contract with Fulham, the club have confirmed this evening.

The Brazilian international sparkled on his surprise return to England after cancelling his Corinthians contract to join Fulham following a successful trial last September. The former Chelsea and Arsenal winger rolled back the years, scoring five goals and adding six assists in thirty appearances, as the Whites finished tenth and reached the FA Cup quarter-finals on their return to the top flight.

The 34 year-old had originally rejected Fulham's offer of a new deal with his short-term contract set to expire at the end of June but has agreed terms on a one-year contract with an option to extend that by a further twelve months. The winger is settled in London and rejected a more lucrative offer from Nottingham Forest to extend his stay with the Cottagers.

Willian told FFCTV tonight:

"I'm completely happy. Happy to sign one more year with Fulham. Happy to continue the work that I did last season with all my teammates and the whole Club. I think it's a club that can do even better this season, so I'm happy to continue this amazing adventure."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/07/willian-signs-new-fulham-deal/

WhiteJC

Fulham confirm Willian stay
Fulham have confirmed that Willian will stay at the club for the 2023-24 campaign.

The 34-year-old saw his initial one-year deal at Craven Cottage expire at the end of last month, meaning that he has been a free agent for the entirety of July so far.

Nottingham Forest are understood to have held talks with him during that time, while there was also interest from the Saudi Pro League.

However, reports emerged earlier this week that Willian had turned down those offers in favour of staying in West London, and the Cottagers have now confirmed the news.

The Brazilian has put pen to paper on another season-long deal at Craven Cottage, although this time the club have the option to extend that by a further 12 months.

"I'm completely happy. Happy to sign one more year with Fulham," he told the club's official website.

"Happy to continue the work that I did last season with all my teammates and the whole club. I think it's a club that can do even better this season, so I'm happy to continue this amazing adventure."

Vice-chairman Tony Khan added: "I'm thrilled that Willian will return to Fulham for at least one more season.

"He was a very important addition last summer and was a significant contributor during one of the most successful Premier League campaigns our club has ever had.

"We're all very excited that he'll return to Craven Cottage as we aim for another successful season in the Premier League together."

Willian initially joined Fulham last summer after leaving Brazilian side Corinthians, securing a return to the Premier League following previous stints with London rivals Chelsea and Arsenal.

The winger went on to make 30 appearances across all competitions in 2022-23, scoring five goals to help Fulham secure a top-half finish in the Premier League.

MArco Silva's side will open their 2023-24 league campaign away to Everton on August 12.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/transfer-talk/news/fulham-confirm-willian-stay_518810.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Willian: Brazilian winger rejoins Fulham on one-year deal

Willian has 43 goals and 43 assists in 286 Premier League appearances for Chelsea, Arsenal and Fulham

Brazilian winger Willian has rejoined Fulham and signed a new one-year contract with the London club.

The 34-year-old's previous deal with the Cottagers had expired earlier this summer and he appeared to be close to a move to Nottingham Forest.

Instead, he has gone back to Fulham on a deal that has the option to be extended by 12 months.

"I'm completely happy," said Willian, who helped Fulham finish 10th in the Premier League last season.

"Happy to continue the work I did last season with all my team-mates and the whole club.

"I think it's a club that can do even better this season, so I'm happy to continue this amazing adventure."

Former Chelsea and Arsenal forward Willian initially joined Fulham on a free transfer after leaving Corinthians in August 2022.

He made 27 appearances in the Premier League last season, scoring five goals and registering six assists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66227650

WhiteJC

Willian signs Fulham deal after rejecting Forest
Willian has signed a one-year contract with Fulham after rejecting an offer from Nottingham Forest.

The former Chelsea winger joined the Whites last summer on a free transfer after returning to London after a difficult spell with hometown club Corinthians in Brazil.

He enjoyed a superb Premier League campaign, with five goals in 27 appearances.

Manager Marco Silva said at the end of last season that keeping the 34-year-old at Craven Cottage was a priority.

"I'm completely happy. Happy to continue the work I did last season with all my team-mates and the whole club," Willian said.

"I think it's a club that can do even better this season, so I'm happy to continue this amazing adventure."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-willian-signs-fulham-deal

WhiteJC

Willian re-signs for Fulham on a one-year deal after the veteran Brazilian winger snubbed interest from Premier League rivals Nottingham Forest

Willian had been a key player in helping Fulham finish in the top half last season
    Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan said he was 'thrilled' Willian agreed to return
    Willian snubbed interest from Nottingham Forest and Saudi Arabia to re-sign

Willian has re-signed for Fulham on a one-year deal with an option for a further 12 months.

The 34-year-old former Chelsea and Arsenal winger, holder of 70 Brazil caps, scored five goals and provided six assists in 27 Premier League appearances for the Cottagers last season as Marco Silva's men finished 10th.

Having reached the end of his contract, Willian was understood to have been in talks with Nottingham Forest about a possible move and visited their training ground last week.

But he will again be with Fulham next season, saying in quotes on their official website: 'I'm completely happy.

'Happy to sign one more year with Fulham. Happy to continue the work that I did last season with all my teammates and the whole club. I think it's a club that can do even better this season, so I'm happy to continue this amazing adventure.'

Fulham vice-chairman Tony Khan said: 'I'm thrilled that Willian will return to Fulham for at least one more season.

'He was a very important addition last summer and was a significant contributor during one of the most successful Premier League campaigns our club has ever had.

'We're all very excited that he'll return to Craven Cottage as we aim for another successful season in the Premier League together.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12308651/Willian-signs-Fulham-one-year-deal-veteran-Brazilian-winger-snubbed-Premier-League-rivals-Nottingham-Forest.html