more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marco Silva is off?

Started by IloveFFC, July 20, 2023, 03:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on July 21, 2023, 05:56:57 PM
Quote from: blingo on July 21, 2023, 03:35:17 PMA simple question. Why does anyone do the Euromillions?
I do it because 28% of every ticket sale goes to charity.... but that's just the sort of chap I am...
COYW  ::wine::

My reason is the last bit Millions but im not greedy just a Million would do

bill dando

Oh dear...were doomed...ok...ah improvement... slowly but surely Mr Khan...well done Marco...Wow mitro...wow Willian....so pleased... looking forward...B****y Saudi Arabia !
made in essex

General

For reference, Marco looks very comfortable and engaged with the players on the US tour snapshots videos the club is sharing. He's even taking part in the sessions. Doesn't look like someone who's on the move.

cmg

Taking part in the sessions?
Blimey - things are worse that I thought. Kenny Tete obviously on the way out.

WestSussexWhite

Thames Bank 1

Good to see you on here WSW

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on July 21, 2023, 03:27:49 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on July 21, 2023, 03:13:13 PM
Quote from: blingo on July 21, 2023, 08:32:53 AMDo any of you seriously think that Silva is going to give a monkeys about his "reputation" with £40+ million in the bank? I'm sure he'll be seriously worried about your comments and thoughts on his poor future predicament sipping cocktails in Quinta da Lago after a round of golf.
What world do you guys live in?????
Clearly not in the same world as you Bongo

I lived in Las Vegas for 6 months throughout the summer, it  was miserable and no amount of money would of made me happy,,,, I'd imagine Saudi is 5 X worse

Forty million would have made you very happy Piri and it would have changed the way you saw Vegas buddy ::thumb::
Sounds boring as F too me Bongo and soul destroying, money does not buy happiness

They made a tv show over here about people that won the lottery five years later and most of em it had ruined their lives

It's all an illusion

Chi_FFC

jayffc

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

copthornemike

Alternative take on Marco's situation.
No idea why he is of interest to Saudi, but all this interest is doing his negotiations with FFC no harm at all.
He is aware that his Hull / Watford / Everton did his reputation harm & his time at Fulham has repaired his reputation markedly.
Why not string along the Saudis as he has not signed anything. He has replaced his agents / advisors so everything is under his control, including FFC's owners.
An excellent position to be in, master of his own destiny for the foreseeable future!

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: copthornemike on July 21, 2023, 10:15:25 PMAlternative take on Marco's situation.
No idea why he is of interest to Saudi, but all this interest is doing his negotiations with FFC no harm at all.
He is aware that his Hull / Watford / Everton did his reputation harm & his time at Fulham has repaired his reputation markedly.
Why not string along the Saudis as he has not signed anything. He has replaced his agents / advisors so everything is under his control, including FFC's owners.
An excellent position to be in, master of his own destiny for the foreseeable future!

Totally agree with this assessment. 

Like (almost) everyone else in the game he's a mercenary, if he can work at a club that he feels comfortable at so much the better.

It's quite probable he knows discussions and negotiations are taking place all the time regards recruitment and we haven't lost a key recruit as of this moment.

As much as it winds us (the fans) up delaying signing a new contract he is using the Saudi situation to strengthen his position.

And a face to face meeting with the owner while on tour in the USA will be the occasion to maximise his worth!

Of course, if the situation is still unresolved or worse in a couple of weeks, then we could well be in trouble.

andrew G

Quote from: perry geyton on July 21, 2023, 08:39:57 PM
Quote from: blingo on July 21, 2023, 03:27:49 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on July 21, 2023, 03:13:13 PM
Quote from: blingo on July 21, 2023, 08:32:53 AMDo any of you seriously think that Silva is going to give a monkeys about his "reputation" with £40+ million in the bank? I'm sure he'll be seriously worried about your comments and thoughts on his poor future predicament sipping cocktails in Quinta da Lago after a round of golf.
What world do you guys live in?????
Clearly not in the same world as you Bongo

I lived in Las Vegas for 6 months throughout the summer, it  was miserable and no amount of money would of made me happy,,,, I'd imagine Saudi is 5 X worse

Forty million would have made you very happy Piri and it would have changed the way you saw Vegas buddy ::thumb::
Sounds boring as F too me Bongo and soul destroying, money does not buy happiness

They made a tv show over here about people that won the lottery five years later and most of em it had ruined their lives

It's all an illusion

I saw a properly reasearched survey regarding lottery winners...and there are enough of them now.... and the vast majority said they were happier and way more content because the weight of finanscial worry for them and their families was lifted. They said things had obviously changed and some of their friends couldn't deal with it but generally much happier.

A few, the ones the media like to show, couldn't handle it at all and were miserable. But I think that is what you would expect.

IloveFFC

Portuguese newspapper Abola saying that this afternoon Silva will meet with the owner Shahid Khan to take the decision about saudi offer.

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2023-07-22/inglaterra-esta-tarde-marco-silva-decide-futuro-com-o-dono-do-fulham/997427

Portuguese coach Marco Silva, who has been in charge of Fulham, from England, since 2021, will meet this Saturday afternoon, according to A BOLA, with the president and owner of the club, in order to decide whether to stay or leave for Saudi Arabia, where a contract proposal with Al Ahli in the order of many millions of euros awaits him.

Marco Silva, 46 years old, celebrated this July, has the possibility of going to train Al Ahli, one of the most powerful clubs in Saudi Arabia (and one of the four emblems that receive, directly, money from the Sovereign Fund of the country, along with Al Nassr, Al Hilal and Al Ittihad, all already with Portuguese coaches).

This Saturday's afternoon meeting, A BOLA found out, will in principle be decisive for the final decision on whether Marco Silva will remain at Fulham or whether he will be in a position to accept the (millionaire) Saudi challenge.

Shahid Khan is a businessman who owns the mega-company Flex-N-Gate, a manufacturer of car parts with 64 factories spread around the world, and created a sports empire, which also includes ownership of the American football team Jacksonville Jaguars, of the National Football League (NFL), of the United States.

Shahid Khan has an estimated net worth of around €12 billion, according to the prestigious Forbes magazine.

HV71

If true Shahid can hardly open with " Why do you want to follow the money?"

Arthur

Sky Sports News footage in which Silva confirms he has received an offer from Al-Ahli and says he has told the Club of his answer... but he doesn't reveal what this was.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12925792/fulham-boss-marco-silva-confirms-offer-from-al-ahli-and-says-aleksandar-mitrovic-will-not-play-against-brentford

If he'd declined the offer, wouldn't he say so? If he'd accepted the offer, would he still be taking a press conference as our manager? Is he still waiting to see how our summer transfer business pans out?

Drewry66

Quote from: Arthur on July 23, 2023, 12:28:51 AMSky Sports News channel footage in which Silva confirms he has received an offer from Al-Ahli and says he has told the Club of his answer... but he doesn't reveal what this was.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12925792/fulham-boss-marco-silva-confirms-offer-from-al-ahli-and-says-aleksandar-mitrovic-will-not-play-against-brentford

If he'd declined the offer, wouldn't he say so? If he'd accepted the offer, would he still be taking a press conference as our manager? Is he still waiting to see how our summer transfer business pans out?

If he'd accepted the offer absolutely no way he'd be taking the press conference or the team tomorrow unless the club was mad. I also haven't been overly worried re the 40 million as he turned down 35 million weeks ago so barely any difference. He also said continuously that he was committed to the club today (at least in the short term).

He is clearly very ambitious and wants to manage at the top of the prem one day and unlike some he's not interested in that tin pot league and clearly values ambition over money by the looks of it. Legend if correct and if so answers the question so many have posed of who could turn that kind of money down for their career...he could.

The position however hasn't changed so guessing why he is never 100% committing to us in anything he says to send a message to the Khans. Until he sees the players he wants in the dressing room he's not committing his long term future as he is ambitious and always wants to move forward.

Although incredibly frustrating I do get it and understand his position, especially when he is willing to turn down vast sums because of his desire to move forward in his career.

I'll be really pissed off however if we spend £80 to £100 million this summer pushing the FFP limits to get the players he wants and he doesn't then sign a 3 or 4 year deal with a huge buy out clause.

I'm not worried about the Saudis as all signs are that money isn't his motivation but if a top 6 side comes in I'm terrified. If we were to qualify for Europe next year we need him tied down in every way as inevitably if so a big club will lose a manager and they'll come sniffing.

I really don't see why we didn't just put some sort of spending commitment in the contract to make him happy if that would have got him to sign already? Does seem weird this lack of trust that the Khans won't give him what he wants and spend to FFP limits to continually improve as much as FFP will allow as he clearly seems to want to stay but this is the sticking point from everything he is intimating.

He said today re 7 players needing replacing. 3 potentially in from reports today so let's get another 4 the next few weeks and then we want to see this frigging contract signed please Marco as the club will also have shown you the commitment that you so crave.

Once again if correct so refreshing to see someone value achievement over money and if he does sign a long term deal we should all remember that as for me he has a tonne of credit in the bank as a result on top of the credit for what he has achieved the last few years. If we ever have a bad patch I'll always remember it. Praying it all works out as I really think if he commits long term he'll end up being the best manager in my lifetime we've had and could be an amazing few years.

Thames Bank 1

Going by reports it is not like we are actively looking at making signings