NFR - Trevor Francis has died

Started by Somerset Fulham, July 24, 2023, 01:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

Sad, very sad.

HV71

Very, very sad indeed -  RIP and condolences to his family

Thailand Mick

very sad always came across as one of the nice guys in the game. He couldn't have been that old, rest in peace and condolences to his family.

Slaphead in Qatar

oh dear - his wife died of cancer a few years ago and he was obviously crestfallen.

the first £1m man. 

Information

This is NOT on BBC site so hold off for now .......

Andy S

Trevor Francis dies aged 69. Condolences to his family and friends

sunburywhite

Quote from: Information on July 24, 2023, 02:04:34 PMThis is NOT on BBC site so hold off for now .......

On BBC now, age 69

RIP Trevor
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

RIP Trevor Francis. A very nice player for Birmingham as I remember, they paid a record £1m for him.

dgnffc

Brilliant player. I remember him and Woodcock up front for England.

RIP.

Jules

Quite a shock this one. Great player in his day and very well known as a manager and pundit too. RIP.

Lighthouse

Seems weird to think of that young man who was the first million pound player passing with a heart attack. Thanks for the memories young man because to many of us you always will be.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Information

Seems strange that the first million pound player dies on the day where a club bids 259m for a player !!

Andy S

In a world where players look after themselves for at least the first 40 years of their lives and more as good habits last a lifetime. How can ex players die in this way,this young? And somebody else not in as good health live a lot longer.

Fulham Tup North

::candle::  Very sad... I remember him playing and all the fuss about him being worth £1m... that looks so cheap now! RIP Trevor.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fulham33

Played against us in the semi final 75

HV71

Will always remember the header that won the European Cup in Munich against Malmo  - RIP

bobbo

Oh dear a shaker to me for sure . Very sad too , deep sympathy to his survivors.
1975 just leaving home full of hope