watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 28/07/23...

Started by WhiteJC, July 28, 2023, 07:27:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham player ready to snub Tottenham for move elsewhere – Has reached agreement, club talks to follow
It appears that Tosin Adarabiyo is edging closer to an exit from Fulham, where he has just the one year left on his contract.

The young defender wants to leave Craven Cottage, and his preference is to move to another country, as AS Monaco are in the lead over Tottenham to acquire his services.

This comes courtesy of Foot Mercato, who reveal the latest information in the principality club's pursuit of the Fulham player.

They explain an agreement has 'been found' between the Ligue 1 club and the 25-year-old, and while he also has an offer from Tottenham, he favours the move to a new league.

As things stand, Monaco are yet to make Fulham an official offer for the player, but talks should start in the coming days, as they look to add both the Craven Cottage defender and Southampton's Mohamed Salisu.

Adarabiyo is reportedly 'seduced and excited' at the idea of playing for Monaco, who have offered him a project he is finding hard to say no to, especially as he is a priority for them.

This means Tottenham, Paris Saint-Germain and the other clubs who were after him will now need to either look elsewhere to bolster their squad or offer something even better to try and get him.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-player-ready-snub-tottenham-move-elsewhere-reached-agreement-club-talks-follow/

WhiteJC

Fulham are closing in on Ajax star Calvin Bassey for £18.2m.. with Nigerian defender set to undergo medical ahead of sealing switch

Fulham are confident of sealing signing of Ajax defender Calvin Bassey for £18m
    Cottagers agreed a £15m deal for Mohammed Salisu but the transfer is in doubt
    Marco Silva will also seek a new striker if Aleksandar Mitrovic decides to leave

Fulham are closing in on the signing of Ajax defender Calvin Bassey.

The highly rated defender is set to undergo a medical at Craven Cottage, with Marco Silva side closing in on an £18million deal.

Once confirmed, Bassey will be the Cottagers' second signing of the summer, following Raul Jimenez's transfer for £5.5 million from Wolves.

The 23-year-old Nigerian progressed through Leicester City's academy before joining Rangers. In 2022, he was sold to Ajax for a club record £20m.

Predominantly a centre back, Bassey is also capable of providing cover at left back, which will be required following the departures of Joe Bryan and Shane Duffy.

Fulham closing in on the signing of Ajax defender Calvin Bassey after agreeing £18.2m move

Bassey is set to undergo a medical at Craven cottage, with Fulham confident of striking a deal

After Raul Jimenez, Marco Silva will only seek a new striker should Aleksandar Mitrovic depart

He made 39 appearances for Ajax last season, featuring in all their Champions League fixtures.

Confirming a move was imminent, Ajax manager Maurice Steijn recently said: 'I told Calvin Bassey it would be better to leave Ajax. Also because of the money. When he leaves, we can strengthen the squad properly.

'I have told him this honestly. He had a really tough year last season. Everyone gets a second chance and if he does better than someone else, he will play.

'But the chances are, especially if we are going to get a new left-back or left-centre defender, that he will not play.'

Fulham finished 10th last season on their return to the Premier League. They will be hoping to avoid a relegation scrap and eye another top half finish.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12345503/Fulham-closing-Ajax-defender-Calvin-Bassey-18m-Nigerian-set-undergo-medical-Craven-Cottage.html

WhiteJC

Director appears to confirm £18m star is on verge of signing for Fulham
Ajax's technical director Sven Mislintat appears to have confirmed Calvin Bassey's impending £18 million move to Premier League outfit Fulham with the Arsenal-linked Josip Sutalo a potential replacement.

After one highly disappointing season at the Eredivisie giants, former Leicester City and Rangers youngster Calvin Bassey returns to Britain with a point to prove and a reputation to restore.

Fulham, according to the Evening Standard, have agreed an £18 million deal with Ajax. Bassey should join the Cottagers on a long-term deal, becoming Marco Silva's second signing of a difficult summer after Raul Jimenez. 

The third, if you count Willian's return.

Mislintat, the former Dortmund and Arsenal chief, is in charge of recruitment at Ajax these days. And with Bassey following Arsenal newbie Jurrien Timber out the door, Mislintat accepts that the Dutch giants may need not one new centre-half but a pair of them.

Fulham agree deal for Ajax's Calvin Bassey
"Since Calvin Bassey is also facing a departure, we may have to get two (defenders)," he tells Voetbal International.

Ajax have reportedly submitted a £15 million bid for Dinamo Zagreb's classy Croatian centre-half, Josip Sutalo. 

Sutalo, strangely enough, also been linked with both Arsenal and Fulham.

"I have not confirmed the interest in Josip Sutalo so far," Mislintat adds. "But it is a given that he is one of the candidates to strengthen us. So I can say that.

"Other than that, it remains to be seen. It would not be proper if I elaborated further on him, because he is currently a Dinamo Zagreb player."

Bassey, at Fulham, will give Silva options at left-back and for the left-sided centre-half spot. The Cottagers will be praying he can rediscover the form that made him one of the most promising young defenders around during Rangers' stirring run to the final of the UEFA Europa League in 2022.

Fulham are also hoping to bring in Morato from Benfica, offering a fee of £22 million. BSC Young Boys schemer Fabian Rieder and Chelsea misfit Callum Hudson-Odoi are options to strengthen Silva's attack.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/07/27/director-appears-to-confirm-18m-star-is-on-verge-of-signing-for-fulham/

WhiteJC

Tottenham make offer to Premier League defender, he isn't convinced
Tottenham Hotspur want Tosin Adarabioyo but are now lagging behind Monaco in the race for his signature.

Fulham defender Tosin Adarabioyo allegedly prefers to join Monaco over Tottenham Hotspur this summer.

That is according to Foot Mercato, who claim that Monaco have 'almost reached an agreement' on personal terms with Adarabioyo.

It's stated that Tottenham want Adarabioyo and have 'gone on the attack' by making an offer to the Fulham centre back.

However, Adarabioyo isn't convinced and allegedly prefers a move to Monaco as he is 'thrilled' by the project on offer at the Stade Louis II.

The report claims that Napoli and Paris Saint-Germain were both keen on Adarabioyo but Monaco now lead the race.

Monaco are facing major interest in centre back Axel Disasi and may see Adarabioyo as a replacement.

Monaco still need to find an agreement with Fulham, who may be tempted to sell Adarabioyo this summer.

The giant centre back is out of contract in 2024 and this may be Fulham's last chance to land a decent fee.

Tottenham centre back chase in chaos amid Tosin Adarabioyo problem
Tottenham are desperate to add centre backs this summer with at least two new options needed for Ange Postecoglou.

The Adarabioyo rumour may not have been all that exciting on the face of it, but it did make some sense.

Homegrown, a good age at 25, a huge physical presence and inside the final year of his contract; Adarabioyo ticked some boxes.

Yet the former Manchester City man may now feel that Monaco actually give him the best route to regular first-team football.

Adarabioyo could be at risk of being a squad player at Tottenham, with Monaco offering a bigger role.

That's one explanation for this alleged Adarabioyo stance and it ultimately leaves Tottenham in a spot of bother.

Spurs have been eyeing Wolfsburg defender Micky van de Ven but The Athletic suggest that a deal may be off.

Tottenham have also been targeting Bayer Leverkusen defender Edmond Tapsoba but that deal isn't progressing either.

Adarabioyo to Monaco could be a dent too, leaving Tottenham scrambling for new centre backs.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/07/27/tottenham-make-offer-to-premier-league-defender-he-isnt-convinced/

WhiteJC

Fulham: Reporter issues worrying transfer claim on Mitrovic
Fulham find themselves in an awkward position with star striker Aleksandar Mitrovic this summer as his future hangs in the balance.

Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic leaving Craven Cottage this summer would be a 'frustrating' scenario for supporters to deal with as his future remains unclear at the club, according to Daily Express journalist Ryan Taylor.

Is Aleksandar Mitrovic leaving Fulham?
According to 90min, Saudi Pro League side Al Hilal are said to be close to reaching an agreement over a fee of £50 million to prize Mitrovic away from Craven Cottage.

The report states that personal terms are already agreed between the £80k-a-week ace and Al Hilal and Fulham have previously knocked back two bids for Mitrovic, including one in the region of £30 million.

In light of the uncertainty surrounding Mitrovic's future, Fulham have entered the market to bring in veteran striker Raul Jimenez from Wolverhampton Wanderers in a deal worth around £5.5 million, as cited by The Daily Mail.

Despite this, former Fulham player Stephen Kelly isn't convinced that Jimenez has what it takes to hit the ground running at Craven Cottage or replicate Mitrovic's exploits at the club, stating in an interview with BBC Sport: "I do think they would need someone else if Mitrovic was to go because I don't think it's a guarantee of him with 15-plus goals."

Last term, former Newcastle United striker Mitrovic was in fine form for Fulham and registered 15 goals and four assists in 28 matches across all competitions, as per Transfermarkt.

Speaking to GIVEMESPORT, Daily Express journalist Taylor also thinks that Jimenez wouldn't be able to be relied upon as a like-for-like replacement for Mitrovic.

Taylor stated: "No, I think Mitrovic is a huge player for Fulham. He's been integral to everything they've done in the past five years.

"I know it's frustrating to Fulham fans how this is all panning out where they've got a club legend demanding an exit and forcing the club's hand. But you look at the goalscoring output of Mitrovic. Even last season, he had a lot of injuries and an eight-game ban, he got 15 goals. I don't think Jimenez is going to be able to muster that. He's not been the same player since his head injury.

"So, I feel like they need another centre forward. There is Carlos Vinicius, but he won't get you ten-plus goals. I think he's only capable of six or seven throughout the season, even if he plays most games.

"So, I think they need something else, but they might look to invest in other areas of their squad, particularly at the back, with Calvin Bassey of interest. There have been links to Mohammed Salisu as well.

"So, I think they need more, but I'm unsure whether they will get it."

What next for Fulham?
Transfer expert Fabrizio Romano has confirmed that Fulham are closing in on a deal for Ajax defender Calvin Bassey on Twitter X, stating: "Calvin Bassey to Fulham, here we go! Nigerian CB, in US to undergo medical tests booked today. Deal agreed between clubs with Ajax around €21m fee, Marco Silva wants Bassey and... he's coming soon. Expectation to get it sealed on Saturday waiting for documents."

BILD via Sport Witness claim that Fulham and Brentford have both made 'concrete offers' to sign Young Boys midfielder Fabian Reider; however, the German outlet indicate that the playmaker would prefer a move to Bundesliga side Borussia Monchengladbach.

Football Insider have signalled that Everton would be willing to sell Demarai Gray this summer amid interest from Fulham and Crystal Palace in his services.

In the next few weeks, Marco Silva will be keen to add to his squad depth as he aims to build on his side's impressive campaign in the Premier League last term.

https://www.footballfancast.com/fulham-aleksandr-mitrovic-situation-is-frustrating/

WhiteJC

Tosin Adarabioyo to choose Monaco over Tottenham
Following L'Équipe's report earlier this afternoon of an offer from Monaco for Fulham centre-back Tosin Adarabioyo, Foot Mercato have confirmed that the Englishman is keen on a move to the Principality, and is prepared to choose them over Tottenham Hotspur.

The outlet adds that Monaco are yet to make an official bid – contrary to L'Équipe's indication that a €5m offer had been tabled. However, the Principality side have agreed personal terms with the defender, whose contract with the Cottagers expires at the end of next season.

The former Manchester City man has also caught the eye of both Napoli and Paris Saint-Germain, although it appears that Monaco – who are also looking to bring in Southampton's Mohammed Salisu – have won the race for his signing. Talks with the Premier League side are set to continue over the next few days. In three years in west London, the defender has madae just over a century of appearances with the club.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2023/tosin-adarabioyo-to-choose-monaco-over-tottenham/

WhiteJC

Wilson: 'I'm proud to call Fulham home'
In a fantastic interview with the Telegraph's Mike McGrath, Harry Wilson says he is proud to call Fulham home and is confident of producing his best football in the Premier League this season.

The Welsh winger started the pre-season in fine fettle with a stunning opening goal against Brentford in the Whites' first Premier League Summer Series fixture a 3-2 win over Brentford. Wilson, just like the oldest side in London, seems to revel in proving people wrong.

"You might have thought we would get bullied by teams but that wasn't the case. We weren't the biggest team but we more than stood up to teams. You look at our set-piece threat from when we were in the Championship, then we adapted really well last year and maybe played a bit longer and direct to Mitro and played off that."

Wilson gives most of the credit for Fulham's fantastic campaign to Marco Silva, who has recently rejected the Saudi Arabian millions to stay at Craven Cottage. The Corwen-born wide man says the Portuguese head coach convinced him to lay down roots in London after five loans out of Liverpool's first team squad.

From the first phone call we had, he told me the way he wants his teams to play and the way he sees me in that team. The aims and the goals of what he wants. We're lucky we've been able to achieve that. He's great for the way we train. Every day the intensity is high.Not just in the professional life, but in my personal life I wanted to be settled, I didn't want to be playing for a team for 12 months knowing I was going back to Liverpool. I wanted to settle down somewhere and really be part of a club. I had a few options but after the phone call I knew it was the right move and two years later I feel I definitely made the right decision."

Wilson also offers a fascinating insight into how Silva prepares his side meticulously for matches.

"We were Saturday-to-Saturday for most of the season. At least two days before we are looking at how to beat the opposition or counter their threats, trying to play on their weaknesses. "He is very detailed on every team we play, on the day before the game when we watch the clips you can see he has done his homework on everyone, but is also a big one on focusing on ourselves."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/07/wilson-im-proud-to-call-fulham-home/

WhiteJC

Fulham: Sky Sports reporter drops Salisu transfer update at Craven Cottage
Fulham: Sky Sports reporter drops Salisu transfer update at Craven Cottage

Fulham are now edging closer to securing a new signing this summer at Craven Cottage, according to Sky Sports reporter Dharmesh Sheth, speaking to GIVEMESPORT.

The London club will be desperate to build on an impressive first season back in the Premier League.

Fulham transfer news - Latest
So far in the summer transfer window, Fulham have secured a single signing in Raul Jimenez, joining the club from Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The Cottagers finished in the top half of the Premier League after only gaining promotion to England's top flight the campaign before - a monumental achievement for the club.

Fulham won't want to rest on their laurels and risk dropping down the table next term, so reinforcements and keeping hold of their key players will be necessary.

Arguably, one of the most important tasks for the capital club will be to keep hold of manager Marco Silva, who has done an excellent job at Craven Cottage.

The Premier League side have got what they want so far, with the Portuguese manager recently rejecting a £40m deal to join Saudi Arabian club Al-Ahli, as per the Telegraph.

Now, Fulham are turning their focus to bringing in further additions in the summer transfer window.

What has Sheth said about Fulham?
Sheth has now suggested that Fulham are getting closer to agreeing a deal to bring Southampton defender Mohammed Salisu to the club.

The Sky Sports reporter adds that it could cost around £15m to prise him away from the Saints.

Speaking to GIVEMESPORT, he said: "Another interesting one is Mohammed Salisu from Southampton. We're told that they're getting very close now to an agreement between the two clubs of around £15m.

"I remember when I tweeted that out that there were so many responses. '£15m, is that all for someone like Salisu?'.

I was thinking to myself, is it anything to do with Southampton being in the Championship and they're going to have to cut the cloth accordingly and sell players at a smaller price than they'd have to if they were in the Premier League, like we were talking about with James Ward-Prowse?

"But then, one look at his contract situation and you can understand why the price is what it is. That is because he's entered the final year of his contract and is unlikely to sign a new deal.

"So, this is the only time, really, that Southampton are able to get a substantial transfer fee for him. If you think £15m isn't a substantial transfer fee, you probably have a point, but given the contract situation, it's probably not a bad deal in the end."

What's next for Fulham?
Sheth previously told GIVEMESPORT that Fulham are also closing in on another defensive signing, with a deal agreed in principle to sign Ajax centre-back Calvin Bassey.

Jimenez has now been brought to Craven Cottage, and according to Football Insider, Aleksandar Mitrovic is close to joining Al-Hilal, possibly hinting that the Mexican forward could have been signed as his replacement.

The report adds that the offer from the Saudi club is worth around £50m, so although it's a blow losing Mitrovic, it's a fantastic offer to receive for a 28-year-old.

https://www.givemesport.com/fulham-transfer-news-mohammed-salisu-craven-cottage/

WhiteJC

Everton ready to sell Demarai Gray amid Crystal Palace, Fulham links
Everton are reportedly "ready to listen to offers" for Demarai Gray to raise funds amid interest from Premier League duo Fulham and Crystal Palace.

According to Football Insider, Everton are ready to sell Crystal Palace and Fulham target Demarai Gray, which will allow the club to offset their summer spending with his sale.

The winger arrived on Merseyside from Bayer Leverkusen back in 2021 and has since gone on to make a total of 75 appearances during his two years at Goodison Park. But there is a big possibility that the 27-year-old could secure an exit before the end of the ongoing transfer window.

The Jamaica international is in the final year of his contract, meaning this summer is Sean Dyche's last chance to cash in on his prized asset, having so far failed to progress in talks over a new contract.

If Everton were not under strict financial conditions due to FFP and able to afford carrying a bloated squad, there would be no reason not to have the ex-Leicester City man as an option, having been his side's third-best-performing forward last season and put on excellent performances at times when Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been injured.

However, with the club in a sell-to-buy situation, recouping a decent fee for a player who finished the previous campaign as the third-choice attacker is probably a sensible idea, especially considering rumoured target Wilfried Gnonto will be a huge upgrade and a more versatile replacement.

Likewise, the 27-year-old Premier League winner has reportedly grown frustrated after his minutes suffered during the second half of the season, with Dyche preferring Dwight McNeil on the left flank. The Jamaica international is now ready to leave the Toffees in search of regular football elsewhere and certainly won't be short of potential suitors should he depart.

The Toffees winger was the subject of interest from Saudi Pro League outfit Al-Hilal earlier this summer. But an extended Premier League stay appears to be his preference amid interest from Fulham and Crystal Palace.

Fulham, for one, are making moves in the market after being left in an awkward situation regarding Aleksandar Mitrovic, as he looks to push through a move to Saudi Arabia. The Saudi Pro League giants have had two bids rejected for the Serbian hitman but could make a third attempt worth around £50 million to sign him, with Fulham bracing themselves to reluctantly accept the imminent offer, indicated by the signing of striker Raul Jimenez from Wolves.

Marco Silva knows the Mexican may not score the goals that Mitrovic can provide at Craven Cottage. But he plans to use the money from Mitrovic's sale to sort out the lack of squad depth in wide areas, making Gray a viable target.

As for Crystal Palace, Gray could be the man to come in and replace Wilfried Zaha, who completed a move to Galatasaray over the weekend. Primarily a left winger, he can also be deployed as a right winger and attacking midfielder and is a tricky customer for defenders with his menacing pace, and clever thinking in tight spaces, albeit he can be a bit wasteful in front of goal.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/07/27/everton-ready-to-sell-demarai-gray-amid-crystal-palace-fulham-links/

WhiteJC

Tottenham: Postecoglou eyeing "immense" star in final year
Tottenham have been linked with a move for Fulham defender Tosin Adarabioyo in recent weeks.

Tottenham Hotspur target Tosin Adarabioyo is 'admired' by Ange Postecoglou and could become a 'priority' signing this window as the Lilywhites try to strengthen their backline, according to Daily Express journalist Ryan Taylor.

Is Tosin Adarabioyo heading to Tottenham Hotspur?
Football London journalist Alisdair Gold has delivered a promising update surrounding the potential destination of Fulham defender Adarabioyo on Twitter X, stating: "Also understand there is a growing expectation Spurs will make a bid for Fulham's Tosin Adarabioyo as one CB arrival. The 25-year-old is believed to be keen on the move and Spurs have shown a lot of interest in him. Again, they can't hang around though."

Nevertheless, journalist Simon Phillips has claimed on his Substack that Chelsea are considering a surprise move for the £40k-a-week ace this summer, with Mauricio Pochettino looking to solidify his own defence at Stamford Bridge. Monaco star Axel Disasi and Cobham youth product Marc Guehi of Crystal Palace are two alternative names under consideration for the Blues.

Last term, Adarabioyo, who was hailed as "immense", was a solid presence for Fulham and made 29 appearances across all competitions, registering a solitary goal, as per Transfermarkt. Interestingly, he is the biggest player in his agency (Closeview), according to Transfermarkt, with his price value sitting at around £13.5 million on there.

CaughtOffside have revealed that Spurs' negotiations with regard to further defensive targets Micky van de Ven and Edmond Tapsoba, who play in the Bundesliga for Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen, respectively, have stalled over differences in valuation.

Former loanee Clement Lenglet remains a possible recruit this window while Tottenham have also 'asked for information' on Adarabioyo's situation at Craven Cottage.

Speaking to GIVEMESPORT, Daily Express journalist Taylor has confirmed that Adarabioyo is definitely someone who Spurs are keen on this summer.

Taylor stated: "There's strong interest in Tosin, the Fulham centre-back who was left out of the squad to face Brentford in Philadelphia.

"I think he's a player that ticks the homegrown quota, he's admired by Spurs and it looks like he can leave Fulham this summer, as he's only got one year left on his deal. So I think they're the two that will probably be the priority, Micky van de Ven and Adarabioyo."

Who else could join Tottenham Hotspur this summer?
Spurs boss Postecoglou will be keen to build on his promising transfer window in north London so far that has seen James Maddison, Guglielmo Vicario and Manor Solomon arrive on Hotspur Way. Dejan Kulusevski and Pedro Porro have also joined the Lilywhites permanently following initial loan spells, as per Transfermarkt.

Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher has emerged as a candidate to join the cavalry of new additions at Tottenham; however, it is said that West Ham United hold confidence that they can fend off interest from elsewhere to land the England international, according to The Evening Standard.

Journalist Sacha Tavolieri has claimed that Eintracht Frankfurt striker Randal Kolo Muani could crop up on Postecoglou's radar this window if Harry Kane is sold to Bayern Munich and it is believed that the Frenchman would be keen to join Tottenham.

Tottenham are also considering a move for Flamengo striker Pedro as Kane's future at the club hangs in the balance with a year left to run on his contract, as per The Independent.

https://www.footballfancast.com/tottenham-tosin-adarabioyo-transfer-rumours-news-hotspur-way/

WhiteJC

Fulham take new Chelsea option out of David Moyes' hands after late night Callum Hudson-Odoi twist following alleged offer
Fulham have taken a new Chelsea option out of David Moyes' hands after a late night Callum Hudson-Odoi twist following an alleged offer.

Less than a week ago Fulham and West Ham were the only clubs in the Premier League who had not made a signing for their first team in the summer transfer window.

Fulham then left the Hammers in a league of their own by bringing in striker Raul Jimenez.

The Cottagers are set to add to that with Calvin Bassey on the verge of signing from Ajax and talks ongoing for Mohammed Salisu.

It was reported this morning that West Ham were out of the running for Chelsea's Conor Gallagher.

Fulham take new Chelsea option out of David Moyes' hands after late night Callum Hudson-Odoi twist following alleged offer
But while West Ham were holding talks with Chelsea, the Blues reportedly offered David Moyes the chance to sign winger Callum Hudson-Odoi.

Even if the Hammers were interested in exploring that deal, it already looks off the table.

Because Fulham have taken the new Chelsea option out of Moyes' hands after a late night Hudson-Odoi twist following that alleged offer.

Sky Sports News are reporting this evening that no sooner had Hudson-Odoi been offered to West Ham than Fulham have swooped.

West Ham's Hudson-Odoi snub makes sense if Borges is on his way
And the breaking report on Thursday night states Fulham are in advanced talks with west London rivals Chelsea to sign the attacker.

Hudson-Odoi is in the final year of his Chelsea contract and the report states that 'personal terms will not be a problem'.

It makes sense if West Ham snubbed the chance to bring the winger to the London Stadium.

Because West Ham are already well stocked on the left with Said Benrahma, Pablo Fornals and Maxwel Cornet. And the one signing the Hammers are said to be close to making is that of Man City's wide left star Carlos Borges.

The 22-year-old Hudson-Odoi had also been linked with Champions League Lazio.

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/fulham-take-new-chelsea-option-out-of-david-moyes-hands-after-late-night-callum-hudson-odoi-twist-following-alleged-offer/

WhiteJC

Fred in talks with Fulham, agrees personal terms with Galatasaray
Fulham reportedly remain in talks with Manchester United fringe midfielder Fred, who is set to hold an "important meeting" with Turkish giants Galatasaray in the next 48 hours.

Galatasaray are reportedly in the lead to sign Manchester United midfielder Fred ahead of Fulham before the end of the summer transfer window. Turkish journalist Rudy Galetti has stated that a crucial meeting is set to take place in the next 48 hours between the player and Gala in a bid to push through the transfer to Istanbul.

Recent reports claim that the midfielder has already agreed personal terms with the Turkish club.

Fred joined United from Shakhtar Donetsk for £47 million in the summer of 2018, but he has never really lived up to the lofty expectations. The Brazilian has shown plenty of heart and desire, which endeared themselves to the United faithful, but barring the exception of a string of consistent, solid displays under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, his tenure at Old Trafford has largely been underwhelming.

His work rate has always been impressive, but his distribution has been bang-average at best, albeit he has showcased the ability to pop up with goals from midfield every now and then. Manager Erik ten Hag wants midfielders who are comfortable with the ball at their feet, and Fred does not fall into that category for him.

The recent arrival of Mason Mount from Chelsea and strong interest in Fiorentina playmaker Sofyan Amrabat have cast major doubt over Fred's future at the club. Youngster Kobbie Mainoo is also expected to be fairly involved for the first team in the new season, which would, in theory, make it even harder for Fred to secure regular starts if he stayed at Old Trafford.

United are planning to offload at least two surplus midfielders in this window as they need to generate some extra cash through sales in order to continue their summer spending. In turn, the 30-year-old combative has been linked with moves to both Galatasaray and Fulham.

The reigning Super Lig champions, for one, have put the Brazilian at the top of their summer wishlist after they wrapped up the high-profile captures of Wilfried Zaha and Mauro Icardi.

United have already rebuffed an opening offer worth €10 million from Galatasaray just over two weeks ago. The bid is believed to have fallen way short of United's asking price, but now they are ready to try again, and face-to-face discussions with the player's reps to sell the project are imminent.

Fulham also held initial talks earlier in the transfer window, but they have so far been reluctant to meet United's asking price, which is considered steep for a player in the final year of his contract.

Fred was spotted have a long conversation with Cottagers boss Marco Silva after their clash at Old Trafford last season, adding fuel to speculation that he could move to Craven Cottage this summer. It remains to be seen whether Fred will make the move to Turkey or extend his Premier League stay with Fulham in the coming days.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/07/28/fred-in-talks-with-fulham-agrees-personal-terms-with-galatasaray/

WhiteJC

Fulham: Sky Sports reporter drops update on Mitrovic's future at Craven Cottage
Fulham star Aleksandar Mitrovic is being targeted by Saudi Arabian big-spenders Al-Hilal

Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is still insisting that he will 'never' play for the Craven Cottage outfit again for a key reason, Sky Sports reporter Dharmesh Sheth has told GIVEMESPORT.

Cottagers boss Marco Silva, who snubbed a £40million contract offer to take charge of Saudi Arabian side Al Ahli earlier this month, has been dealt a major blow with the fast-approaching 2023/24 campaign just a matter of weeks away.

Fulham transfer news - Aleksandar Mitrovic
According to Football Insider, Fulham are becoming increasingly resigned to losing Mitrovic as Al-Hilal are preparing to return with a third bid.

The report suggests the Cottagers have rejected two previous offers for the striker, who has scored 111 goals since arriving in west London, but the Saudi Arabian big-spenders are refusing to give up in their pursuit and are readying a proposal worth £50million.

It is understood that Mitrovic has told relatives he is refusing to feature in a Fulham shirt again after believing his current employers have priced him out of a move to Al-Hilal by setting a £52million price tag.

Although the Serbia international has joined his teammates in heading to the United States for a pre-season tour, he has not been training with the rest of the squad.

Transfer insider Dean Jones recently told GIVEMESPORT that Mitrovic is effectively on strike and there is belief that agent Pini Zahavi has been the driving force behind the stance.

Fulham have been desperate to hold onto the 28-year-old after he found the back of the net 15 times last season, playing a key role in the capital club sealing a top 10 finish in the Premier League.

What has Dharmesh Sheth said about Mitrovic?
Sheth understands that Mitrovic is not backing down and is still refusing to play for Fulham after he has been the subject of bids from Al-Hilal.

The Sky Sports reporter is aware that the former Newcastle United man feels the Cottagers have put a lucrative price tag on him to deter suitors from luring him away.

When asked whether Mitrovic has remained adamant over not being available for selection, Sheth told GIVEMESPORT: "It's still the case. Marco Silva has also said that Mitrovic is not training with the squad and it is not an ideal situation.

"As for Mitrovic, he's told relatives - we're told - that he's never going to play for Fulham again. He feels that Fulham are pricing him out of a move to Saudi Arabia. I think they're asking for around £52million for him."

What's next for Fulham?
According to the Evening Standard, Callum Hudson-Odoi is keen to seal a swift exit from Chelsea after agreeing personal terms with Fulham.

The report suggests the 22-year-old has been training with his current employers' under-21 squad for a number of weeks and given the Cottagers the green light to complete the deal, but additional interest from Serie A giants Lazio is complicating matters.

It emerged earlier this month that Hudson-Odoi has decided to leave Chelsea and his boyhood club are willing to listen to offers.

The winger made 21 appearances during a loan spell with Bayer Leverkusen last term, but he was only able to muster one goal.

Although Hudson-Odoi returned from Germany at the end of the agreement, there is uncertainty over where his long-term future lies as he has entered the final 12 months of his £120,000-per-week contract at Stamford Bridge.

https://www.givemesport.com/fulham-transfer-news-sky-sports-reporter-update-mitrovic-future-craven-cottage/

WhiteJC

FUL ACCESS: Raúl Unveiling

See what happened in Orlando as Raúl Jiménez was unveiled as as Fulham player before the lads took on Villa in the Premier League Summer Series.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/july/27/ful-access-raul-unveiling/

WhiteJC

Fulham make their move for Fabian Rieder
Fulham are interested in acquiring the services of 21-year-old BSC Young Boys attacking midfielder Fabian Rieder.

According to a report by the BILD, Fulham are keen on having Fabian Rieder in their ranks ahead of next season. The 21-year-old Switzerland youth international has gone from strength to strength over the past 12 months and he is on the radar of multiple top clubs from across Europe.

Rieder joined BSC Young Boys' youth academy back in the summer of 2017 from Solothurn. He has since gone up the ranks at the club and was promoted to their first team back in the winter of 2021.

The 21-year-old has been putting in some impressive performances since getting promoted to their first team. He has featured in a total of 117 matches for the Swiss club and has been involved in a total of 38 goals. He has found the back of the net on 14 occasions and has also bagged 24 assists.

As far as last season is concerned, the Switzerland Under-21 star was involved in a total of 43 matches. He managed to rack up over 3400 minutes and was involved in a total of 20 goals.

With the 2023-24 Super League underway, the 21-year-old already has an assist to his name in the very first game of the season. He was on fire last season and has backed it up with another impressive performance in the first outing of the new season.

Meanwhile, Fulham are one of the club keen on having him in their ranks. The Cottagers had a decent season last time out but are now looking to bolster their squad and take the next step. Their manager Marco Silva wants more creativity in the centre of the park and he is keen on adding an attacking midfielder to the fix.

He is a big admirer of Rieder and wants him at the club. The 21-year-old has already proved his mettle in the Swiss league and the Portuguese manager believes he could do wonders for them in the Premier League.

The Cottagers have been in contact with BSC Young Boys and according to the report, they have already submitted a concrete offer for his services. While there is no mention of an exact figure, the report suggests it is a substantial offer.

However, they are not the only ones interested in his services. Even Brentford has made moves for the signatures of the 21-year-old. Meanwhile, Borussia Monchengladbach are also keen on having him in their ranks and even the player wants to make the move to Germany. But, the German club cannot afford to sign the €15 million rated midfielder at this point in time.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/07/28/fulham-make-their-move-for-fabian-rieder/

WhiteJC

Fulham offer a bit of spare change for Callum Hudson-Odoi — report
Lol

Callum Hudson-Odoi has been slowly inching towards the exit door at Chelsea for a while, so his expected departure this summer isn't all that surprising. He's been left back at Cobham for the preseason tour, even, training with the rest of the undesirables like Romelu Lukaku and Hakim Ziyech.

However, that doesn't mean he's absolutely valueless, which seems to be the impression that Fulham are operating under, evidenced by their insultingly low offer of £4m, as reported by Fabrizio Romano today.

His report claims that Chelsea are holding out for the gynormously impossible sum of £8m, which still would be laughable, even at twice the size of Fulham's offer.

Hudson-Odoi, who's also been linked with Lazio and Nottingham Forest, does only have one year left on his contract, but he's still just 22 and with plenty of untapped potential. Whoever can bring that out of him will have found themselves a very good deal indeed.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2023/7/27/23810417/fulham-offer-a-bit-of-spare-change-for-callum-hudson-odoi-report

WhiteJC

Blow For Tottenham As Target Has Monaco Preference And Agreement
Fulham defender Tosin Adarabioyo prefers a move to Monaco over Tottenham Hotspur, with both sides having sent him offers, it has been claimed in France.

The 25-year-old defender, whose contract was initially set to expire this summer, is still a Fulham player thanks to an extension that was triggered by the club in January.

However, he has suitors from both England as well as from Ligue 1 following an impressive spell with Marco Silva's side last term.

According to French outlet Foot Mercato, Tottenham have put an offer forward to Adarabioyo, as have Ligue 1 side Monaco.

Monaco have now reached an agreement with Adarabioyo, who is claimed to be impressed with their project, and is now prioritising a move to the Stade Louis II.

No agreement over a fee with Fulham is in place though and talks between the two clubs will kick off in the coming days.

Whether Tottenham will increase their efforts to land Adarabioyo after Monaco's progress remains to be seen.

Monaco are also keen on signing Ghana defender Mohammed Salisu from Southampton.

Tottenham want to bring in centre-backs this summer, but have so far not delivered any to Ange Postecoglou.

https://insidefutbol.com/2023/07/27/blow-for-tottenham-as-target-has-monaco-preference-and-agreement/612812/

WhiteJC

Monaco 'make £4.3m Tosin bid'
Fulham have rejected a £4.3m offer from Monaco for their centre back Tosin Adarabioyo.

The Ligue 1 outfit have been heavily linked with a summer move for the 25 year-old defender, who has entered the last year of current contract at Craven Cottage, but Fulham swiftly rebuffed the offer – which is believed to be at least £10m short of their valuation. The former Manchester City trainee, who resumed training with the first-team squad when they touched down in America at the start of their pre-season tour, is understood to be keener on a move to France rather than joining Tottenham.

Tosin, who has made more than a hundred senior appearances for the Whites since signing from City in September 2020, is also attracting interest from Paris Saint-Germain and Napoli, according to reports in France. Monaco are expected to return with an improved offer in the coming days.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/07/monaco-make-4-3m-tosin-bid/

WhiteJC

Fulham make £4.5m offer for Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi... with the player looking to leave Stamford Bridge this summer to get regular first-team football

Callum Hudson-Odoi wants to leave his boyhood club to get regular football
    Fulham are interested in Hudson-Odoi who spent last year at Bayer Leverkusen
    Regular football might not be a prospect under new boss Mauricio Pochettino

Fulham have made an offer worth around £4.5m for Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi.

The 22-year-old has one year remaining on his deal at Stamford Bridge and is seeking a fresh challenge this summer.

He spent season loan at Bayer Leverkusen but struggled to make the impact he would have liked with just one goal in 21 appearances across all competitions.

Hudson-Odoi has been with Chelsea since the age of eight, but as reported by Mail Sport earlier this summer, he is now set to leave his boyhood club. 

Fulham's bid though does fall under Chelsea's £8m valuation of the player.

Fulham have made a £4.5m bid to sign Callum Hudson-Odoi from west London rivals Chelsea

Hudson-Odoi is keen to get regular minutes after spending last season at Bayer Leverkusen

Fulham's bid for the England winger falls under Chelsea's £8m valuation of the player

However, there is an acknowledgement that Hudson-Odoi needs to be playing consistent senior football, a prospect that may not be forthcoming under Mauricio Pochettino next season.

Chelsea are open to listening to offers for their academy graduate during the summer transfer window. 

Hudson-Odoi first broke into the Chelsea first-team in January 2018, and has since gone on to make 126 appearances for the Blues - netting 16 goals.

At Bayer Leverkusen, he did get regular minutes in the first-half of the season and started all six of their Champions League outings. 

However, in Leverkusen's final 13 games of the Bundesliga season, Hudson-Odoi played just seven minutes - with seven matches where he was left as an used substitute, while he also suffered with injuries.

The 22-year-old struggled to make an impact at Bayer Leverkusen with one goal in 21 games

Fulham finished ahead of Chelsea in the 2022-23 Premier League season, with the Cottagers placing tenth on 52 points - eight ahead of 12th placed Chelsea who endured a miserable season.

The Blues will be hoping for a much better season under former Spurs boss Pochettino, and there has been a big turnaround in players this campaign already.

Kai Havertz, Mason Mount, Mateo Kovacic, N'Golo Kante and Christian Pulisic are among those to leave the club, while Christopher Nkunku and Nicolas Jackson are the big-name additions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12346871/Fulham-make-4-5m-offer-Chelsea-winger-Callum-Hudson-Odoi-player-looking-leave-Stamford-Bridge-summer-regular-team-football.html

WhiteJC

Fulham 'make verbal offer for Chelsea's Callum Hudson-Odoi'
 Fulham have reportedly made a verbal offer for Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi.

The 22-year-old has returned to Stamford Bridge after experiencing a difficult loan spell with Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen last term.

Hudson-Odoi started just 13 of his 21 competitive appearances for the German club, registering one goal and one assist.

After failing to make an impression in Germany, Hudson-Odoi is looking to find a club where he can enjoy a regular run of games.

With the player's contract set to expire in 12 months, Chelsea are prepared to part ways with their academy graduate this summer.

Nottingham Forest and Lazio have both been linked with a move, but it appears that Fulham are leading the race to secure his signature.

A recent report suggested that the attacker has already agreed personal terms with Chelsea's West London neighbours.

With Hudson-Odoi seemingly keen to complete a move to Craven Cottage, discussions are now taking place between the two clubs over a potential deal.

According to journalist Fabrizio Romano, Fulham have made a verbal proposal of £4m, which falls below Chelsea's £8m valuation.

Despite the difference in asking price, the Cottagers are confident of getting a deal over the line with negotiations believed to be at an advanced stage.

Fulham are determined to bolster their wide options following the departures of Neeskens Kebano and Manor Solomon this summer.

Hudson-Odoi, who has earned three caps for England, has made 126 appearances as a Chelsea player, scoring 16 goals and providing 22 assists.

The Cottagers have recently stepped up their transfer business, signing Mexico international Raul Jimenez from Wolverhampton Wanderers.

They are also on the verge of unveiling Calvin Bassey as their latest addition after agreeing a €21m (£18m) fee with Ajax.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/chelsea/transfer-talk/news/fulham-make-verbal-offer-for-chelseas-callum-hudson-odoi_519674.html?newsnow