more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff - 30/07/23...

Started by WhiteJC, July 30, 2023, 07:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Chelsea v Fulham – where to watch live stream
All eyes will be on the FedEx Field in Maryland as Chelsea face Fulham in a Premier League Summer Series match on Sunday evening.

You can read our Chelsea v Fulham TV streaming guide in our article below.

Chelsea will be champions of the Summer Series if they can beat their West London rivals.

This likelihood raises the stakes in this encounter, even as bragging rights and a chance at lifting the inaugural title is at stake.

Chelsea are 3rd on 4 points, while Fulham are 5th on 3 points in the Premier League Summer Series ahead of this clash.

How Chelsea and Fulham fans in the UK can watch the match
Chelsea vs Fulham Premier League Summer Series match will be available for broadcast on Sky Sports Ultra HD, Sky Sports Main Event, and Sky Sports Premier League for fans across the United Kingdom.

Chelsea last two games coming in to today's game
Mauricio Pochettino's side were held to a 1-1 draw by Newcastle United during their most recent encounter, having come out with a 4-3 victory over Brighton last week.

Both matches are part of the Premier League Summer Series.

Fulham FC last two games
Meanwhile the Cottagers were sunk 2-0 by Aston Villa in their most recent game. Although before that, Fulham edged out a 3-2 win over Brentford last week.

Chelsea FC recent friendly form
The Blues have been in fine form in three games played so far in the pre-season.

The London outfit have remained unbeaten, picking up two wins and a draw in their last three games.

Form: WWD

Fulham FC looking to build for new season
Marco Silva's team have only played two pre-season games, and have gotten mixed results so far.

With a loss and a win, the Cottagers will love to have a good outing against their neighbours just before they resume Premier League action against Everton in two weeks time.

Form: WL

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/chelsea-v-fulham-where-to-watch-live-stream/

WhiteJC

Mitrovic makes Fulham training return as Silva targets more incoming deals after Bassey makes west London switch
Fulham manager Marco Silva has confirmed that Aleksandar Mitrovic is back in training – after initially not being involved as the Serbian striker looked to force through a transfer to Saudi Arabia.

Al-Hilal have been keen on signing Mitrovic but despite agreeing terms with the centre-forward they have been unable to meet the west London club's asking price, believed to be around £50million.

Fulham have started to make signings, adding centre-back Calvin Bassey on a four-year deal from Ajax and also Wolves' frontman Raul Jimenez.

The Whites play their final match in the USA this evening against Chelsea.

Asked about their talismanic number nine, Silva said: "Yes, Mitrovic is back. It is a process and it is not an easy situation. I am not here to talk about the negotiations and clubs that are linked with him. He is with the group since two days ago. Let's hope we get him as fit as we can in the next few days.

"For me, Mitrovic never was hard to manage. Never, never, never. A lot of people say he has an aura around him but people who know him know he was never a problem or difficult to manage.

"He was so easy to manage in the beginning of the pre-season and he will be if he stays. Mitro knows me, I know him very well – he knows the group we are working with. Everything I said to him and everything he said to me will be between me and him."

Silva has also had interest from Saudi but up until now has rejected those overtures.

But the Portuguese boss, who has done a sterling job since succeeding Scott Parker, feels the transfer activity has been too subdued.

"Unfortunately, we need many still," he said. "We have some important players injured.

"I hope they can come sooner. We have just two full-backs, we need a midfielder too and we have just two wingers so we need another two wingers. We have completed our central defenders. I needed these players 15 days or 20 days ago, not now.

"All the players who come now are already coming late unfortunately for us. It is the reality and we tried to do something in a different way this season and unfortunately we weren't able to do it. The sooner they can come the better."

Midfielder Joao Palhinha damaged his shoulder against Brentford in the club's opening match in the States.

Silva said: "It will be difficult for him to be available for the first Premier League match. We have to see week by week how he is going. He is getting better every day. He is not working on the pitch. He is doing some gym and we will see if we can get him on the pitch next week and then we can update you better."

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/mitrovic-makes-fulham-training-return-as-silva-targets-more-incoming-deals-after-bassey-makes-west-london-switch/

WhiteJC

What to look out for in Sunday's Summer Series matches
Adrian Clarke picks out a player from Brentford, Villa, Chelsea and Fulham who can be decisive in Maryland

Adrian Clarke highlights players who have caught the eye during the Premier League Summer Series so far and can have a key part to play in Sunday's final two matches.

Chelsea v Fulham
Malo Gusto is a name to look out for in the coming months. 

The France Under-21 international right-back signed for Chelsea in January but was immediately loaned straight back to Lyon for the rest of the 2022/23 season. 

The 20-year-old will initially act as cover for Reece James, but in the Summer Series we have seen glimpses of why the Blues were happy to offer him a seven-year contract.

Naturally attack-minded, Gusto has shown a penchant for driving forward inside the final third, and from those positions he looks composed and technically excellent in possession. 

If Gusto features against Fulham – and he could do given that James started last time out against Newcastle – it will be interesting to see how many crosses he puts into the box. 

This was his forte with Lyon in Ligue 1, where according to Fbref he delivered more accurate crosses into the penalty area than any other player last season. 

With head coach Mauricio Pochettino a fan of using inverted wide forwards, there will be a responsibility for players like Gusto and James to supply ammunition from the flanks.

Most accurate crosses into penalty area*
Player          Total
Malo Gusto (Lyon)         
Przemysław Frankowski (Lens)         
Franck Honorat (Brest)         
Jonathan Clauss (Marseille)         
Junya Ito (Reims)         
*2022/23 Ligue 1 stats

At some stage Gusto may have to mark Willian in Sunday's west London derby in Maryland. 

The Brazilian is 14 years older than his prospective opponent, and on the back of two bright substitute appearances, could be handed a start against his former club by Fulham head coach Marco Silva. 

Willian was consistently Fulham's most creative player in 2022/23, so a potentially stern examination is in store for Gusto.

If he can contain the 34-year-old, it will be a feather in his cap. 

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3609891

davew

Quote from: filham on July 30, 2023, 10:26:04 AMDo I sense that Mitro could play for us this season.
Would the team need time to accept that or would they hit the ground running and be big threat at Everton.
He will be with us next season , hopefully internal politics won't play a part amongst the senior squad and after all we don't even a full PL squad to vote on his or the club decision on him staying! Breixt revisited he should remain!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

WhiteJC

Aleksandar Mitrovic returns to Fulham training amid Al-Hilal links
Fulham boss Marco Silva has revealed that Aleksandar Mitrovic has returned to training amid interest from Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal.

Mitrovic has not been training with the rest of the Fulham squad as he looks to push through a move to the Saudi Pro League.

The Serbia international reportedly insisted that he would never play for the club again after Fulham rejected two offers from Al-Hilal.

Silva has confirmed that Mitrovic has now returned to training, but has conceded that the situation is a challenging one.

Speaking ahead of Fulham's pre-season friendly against Chelsea, Silva said: "Yes, Mitrovic is back. It is a process and it is not an easy situation.

"I am not here to talk about the negotiations and clubs that are linked with him. I am here to talk about my players. Yes, he is with the group. Let's hope we get him as fit as we can in the next few days.

"For me, Mitrovic never was hard to manage. Never, never, never. A lot of people say he has an aura around him but people who know him know he was never a problem or difficult to manage.

"We have to be honest with him. He was so easy to manage in the beginning of the pre-season and he will be if he stays.

"'Mitro knows me, I know him very well. He knows the group we are working with. Everything I said to him and everything he said to me will be between me and him."

Mitrovic, who has three years left on his contract, has been a pivotal player for Fulham during his six-year stay with the club.

The 28-year-old has helped the club win promotion to the Premier League on two occasions, and he made a significant contribution last term as Fulham achieved a top-half finish.

Mitrovic made 24 Premier League appearances during the 2022-23 campaign, scoring 14 goals and providing two assists.

The striker is not expected to be involved when Fulham face Chelsea in the Premier League summer series this evening.

After playing their West London neighbours, the Cottagers will round off their pre-season schedule with a home game against Hoffenheim next weekend.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/transfer-talk/news/aleksandar-mitrovic-returns-to-fulham-training-amid-al-hilal-links_519890.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Chelsea vs. Fulham, Premier League Summer Series Friendly: Confirmed lineups; how to watch
...as it happened: live blog, updates, highlights, lineups, comments, etc.

Preseason match number four is here, featuring a DMV-edition of the West London Derby against friendly neighbors Fulham. It's the last of our "Premier League Summer Series" of friendlies in the States, with a game against Borussia Dortmund to come on Wednesday and then back home to get ready for the start of the season in two weeks.

The primary goal is still fitness for this one however, with Maurico Pochettino opting to give starts to the likes of Mason Burstow up top and Gaga Slonina in goal.

Here we go!

Chelsea starting lineup (4-2-3-1):
Slonina | Chilwell, Humphreys, Silva (c), Gusto | Santos, Enzo | Nkunku, Chukwuemeka, Sterling | Burstow

Substitutes from: Kepa, Bergström, Chalobah, Colwill, Gilchrist, Hall, Maatsen, James, Cucurella, Casadei, Gallagher, Mudryk, Ângelo, Moreira, Jackson

Fulham starting XI:
Leno | Tete, Diop, De Fougerolles, Robinson, Reed, Lukic, Cairney (c), Wilson, Vinicius, Willian

Substitutes from: Rodák, Borto, Bassey, Mbabu, Parkes, Odutayo, Amissah, McCoy-Splatt, Dibley-Dias, Raul, De Cordova-Reid, Harris, Gogo, Stansfield

Date / Time: Sunday, July 30, 2023, 2:45pm EDT; 19:45 BST; 12:15am IST (next day)
Venue: FedExField, Landover, MD

On TV: Sky Sports Main Event (UK); NBC (USA); Star Sports Select HD2 (India); SuperSport Premier League (NGA); elsewhere
Streaming: Sky Go (UK); Peacock (USA); Hotstar (India); DStv Now (NGA)

Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2023/7/30/23813221/chelsea-fulham-live-stream-time-tv-how-to-watch-preseason-friendly-online-live-blog-highlights