News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic on a Serbian podcast that aired yesterday (filmed on 10.6.)

Started by SerbianLad, August 01, 2023, 04:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 01, 2023, 04:56:38 PMWow that is a very indepth summary. Somehting feels weird with the Mitro story. Seems almost like the guy in this interview and the one who has apparently said he will never play for us again are two diff people.

Possibly because who mitro is and how he thinks and speaks are like this, vs what came out in the press was very much pseudo journalism of a poor standard and driven by the Saudi money machine, our owners son calling the Saudis so rich they can get away with murder and journalists sensationlising a story because that what captures peoples interest and drivers viewing and purchasing figures.

It's not a difficult thing to grasp.

Southcoastffc

Thanks very much SL - really good of you to go to all that trouble and presenting it so clearly. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bill taylors apprentice

No reason to believe he gave a false account in his interview so I guess the offer of mind blowing money stopped him in his tracks.

Also, I bet his agent is telling him how the move will change his life etc etc.
And of course the agent will get a suitcase full of money when it goes through.

The recent talk of leaving regardless even if the Arab offer fails could be due to him thinking he's burnt his bridges with the fans and the owners?

Maybe we will never know but it looks like he's off now and maybe the political situation in eastern Europe is a factor.

FulhamKC

Will be interesting to see if he plays Saturday. I hope he does.

Al-Fayed

Many posts greatly overvalue Fulham players that they'd like to keep. That's understandable, but Mitro is not worth anywhere near £60m in the real world. Furthermore, after one poor or average season, I suspect that we'd be doing very well indeed to get £25m from a European club. Therefore, if the Saudis are prepared to pay £40m, I'd bite their hands off. Mehdi Taremi is valued at £18m, is in the last year of his contract and is a better striker than Mitro. Whether he'd come is another matter and that's the real problem: the better players aren't necessarily too expensive for us but they want to play Champions League football, while Mitro wants to build sandcastles in Saudi Arabia.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Jim© on August 01, 2023, 05:19:15 PMThanks Serbian, appreciate the time you've put into that

I feel that much of this has been blown out pf all proportion by the media. I'm also surprised by how many FFC fans seem to have turned on him.

Im personally surprised at how many haven't turned. In fact I'm quite disgusted with the continued pandering to him. But that is just my opinion and many will likely say the same about me

At the end of the day the guy has blatantly disrespected the club and doesn't want to play for us anymore. If that's what he wants he can get lost as far as I'm concerned. Same for anyone. Don't care what they've done or who they are

The only defence the panderers have is 'how do you know that the media reports are true'. That is an incredible level of denial. The truth is abundantly clear from his lack of involvement in pre season and Marco's interviews. If nobody buys him and he ends staying it doesn't change the above.

General

Quote from: ffcthereligion on August 01, 2023, 09:30:09 PM
Quote from: Jim© on August 01, 2023, 05:19:15 PMThanks Serbian, appreciate the time you've put into that

I feel that much of this has been blown out pf all proportion by the media. I'm also surprised by how many FFC fans seem to have turned on him.

Im personally surprised at how many haven't turned. In fact I'm quite disgusted with the continued pandering to him. But that is just my opinion and many will likely say the same about me

At the end of the day the guy has blatantly disrespected the club and doesn't want to play for us anymore. If that's what he wants he can get lost as far as I'm concerned. Same for anyone. Don't care what they've done or who they are

The only defence the panderers have is 'how do you know that the media reports are true'. That is an incredible level of denial. The truth is abundantly clear from his lack of involvement in pre season and Marco's interviews. If nobody buys him and he ends staying it doesn't change the above.

You don't know that he disrespected the club, you just feel he did and feel hurt that he may have. But you don't actually know.

A lot of people are holding on tightly to being hurt and disrespected by Mitro because they have grown attached to the guy and know how good he has been for us and thought he'd be with us forever, only for him to have his head apparently turned by money. Even though that may have been the case, noone from inside the club, or from what we have seen during the preseason friendlies, have suggested that Mitro did anything wrong or was hard to deal with or not polite or friendly with those in the club.

That was all fans getting irrationally irate without having any clue what was going on inside the club itself.

Marco has said mitro has never never been hard to deal with, we've seen mitro talk comfortably with Ream, Bassey, Marco and his coaches during preseason live on TV.

Mitro has now come out and said quite clearly that he's happy at fulham but just felt he should listen to the offer..

There is nothing wrong with that. And it looks like he's staying.

SerbianLad

Thanks eveeyone for nice comments! It was really no problem, I was just taking notes every time he said something regarding Fulham while listening.

This post surmised the situation well imo.
Quote from: Bal_13 on August 01, 2023, 05:20:08 PMThanks for posting this - a good read.

I personally think it's perfectly possible for Mitro to have a genuine affection for the club (as shown through a lot of these sound bites) but still have his head turned by life-changing money, causing him to go through all the tricks about trying to secure the move.

At the end of the day FFC are a club he expected to be at for 6 months and then realised what a great place to play at we are. He's not a FFC fan from birth like we are, so his relationship with the club will always be different - but doesn't make his affection for the club null and void.

(For me playing as part of a 6 billion pound exercise in sportswashing is much worse than him refusing to play... but that's a separate argument, off-topic and much bigger than Mitro and FFC)

I'd add to the last part that I'd be disappointed if he went anywhere solely because of money, because I never thought he was that kind of a player/person.

I don't think you're in denial if you're not 100% sure some of those reports are true. I'll say it again, do you honestly believe that Sky Sports have better sources within Mitro's family than Serbian media? Because they were the only ones that reported this "I never want to play for Fulham" story, which allegedly Mitro's family member said Mitro said.

StuinSalop

A few scenarios.

1. His agent will be pushing him and advising actions to suit his own greed
2. His wife and family may be begging him to take the money at all costs
3. He will be conflicted but Fulham whilst important to him are not the most important thing to him
4. If he is injured he may see this as a way towards early retirement from football should things get worse.
5. He may have never said what was reported.
6. Silver looks like he still wants him, he would not if he had behaved that badly, same for teammates.
7. He will eventually leave anyway.

I don't doubt for a second his fondness for Fulham football club or the fans, just that somethings are more important than others and that goes for all of us.  Let's see how it all plays out.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: General on August 01, 2023, 09:35:50 PM

You don't know that he disrespected the club, you just feel he did and feel hurt that he may have. But you don't actually know.

A lot of people are holding on tightly to being hurt and disrespected by Mitro because they have grown attached to the guy and know how good he has been for us and thought he'd be with us forever, only for him to have his head apparently turned by money. Even though that may have been the case, noone from inside the club, or from what we have seen during the preseason friendlies, have suggested that Mitro did anything wrong or was hard to deal with or not polite or friendly with those in the club.

That was all fans getting irrationally irate without having any clue what was going on inside the club itself.

Marco has said mitro has never never been hard to deal with, we've seen mitro talk comfortably with Ream, Bassey, Marco and his coaches during preseason live on TV.

Mitro has now come out and said quite clearly that he's happy at fulham but just felt he should listen to the offer..

You cannot have it both ways. On the one hand you are saying 'you don't know anything... fans are getting irate without having a clue what's going on inside club itself' then in the same breath you assert that that means you can conclude nothing has happened and in an earlier post suggest it's all just a media concoction and Saudi conspiracy. If we don't know anything and never can because we can't trust anything that comes out in the press ever and aren't flys on the wall, then your opinion, seemingly mildly paranoid, is equally as invalid as mine.

Forgive me, but I have not seen any statement from mitro saying he's happy here and just wanted to consider the offer. If that is true then please provide the evidence and I will adjust my opinion.

Or perhaps I should disbelieve it because you can't trust what you read and I'm not inside the club?

@jolslover

STH H3

General

Quote from: ffcthereligion on August 01, 2023, 09:49:24 PM

You cannot have it both ways. On the one hand you are saying 'you don't know anything... fans are getting irate without having a clue what's going on inside club itself' then in the same breath you assert that that means you can conclude nothing has happened and in an earlier post suggest it's all just a media concoction and Saudi conspiracy. If we don't know anything and never can because we can't trust anything that comes out in the press ever and aren't flys on the wall, then your opinion, seemingly mildly paranoid, is equally as invalid as mine.

Forgive me, but I have not seen any statement from mitro saying he's happy here and just wanted to consider the offer. If that is true then please provide the evidence and I will adjust my opinion.

Or perhaps I should disbelieve it because you can't trust what you read and I'm not inside the club?

The earlier post points to evidence that is available to everyone - e.g. Marco silva quotes, this interview with Mitrovic, the preseason friendlies showing him sharing laughs with Ream, Silva, Bassey.

That's far far much more to go on then the speculative beliefs others espouse based on news reports which can often be sensationalised or flat out wrong.

Sgt Fulham

Where has Mitro said this? I must have missed it because all I can see is articles about how he wants to leave Fulham regardless of whether or not it is to Saudi Arabia.

As far as I'm concerned, he's played his cards. I don't particularly blame him for playing them, but actions have consequences, and I think it's for the best that he goes now.

General

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 01, 2023, 11:22:00 PM

Where has Mitro said this? I must have missed it because all I can see is articles about how he wants to leave Fulham regardless of whether or not it is to Saudi Arabia.

As far as I'm concerned, he's played his cards. I don't particularly blame him for playing them, but actions have consequences, and I think it's for the best that he goes now.

See the OP of this thread..

Sting of the North

General, I can't see any such comment from Mitro regarding the offer. Which makes sense since the interview is to my understanding from before the offer.

He talked generally about playing for other clubs, but not in the context you seem to be implying.

Maybe I am just confused, but please feel free to clarify.

Barry@ENF

The General offers a very one-sided interpretation to my eyes. As others have said, I have seen no comment attributed to Mitro post Saudi offer saying he is happy at Fulham. Show me the link and I'd be happy to apologise. I have seen nowhere Mitro is quoted as denying he said he would never play for Fulham again. Again, show me the link and I'd be happy to apologise.

As to citing Silva's comments, what do you you expect him to say? I heard him say that it is not a good situation and "Mitro knows my feelings about it" If Mitro does not leave, Silva will have to use him, because he will not have been given the funds to buy a replacement.

....and loves the fans as some say? Really? I saw two lengthy interviews with him post ManU (in English). He said several times he made a mistake, he said there was a big cheer on his return after the ban; but not once did he apologise to the fans for letting us down on several levels - possibly because he thinks he owes the fans no such apology.

jayffc

Quote from: General on August 01, 2023, 11:32:14 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 01, 2023, 11:22:00 PM

See the OP of this thread..

Bud
You've completely missed that this interview is from months before the Saudi Offers came through.
Seems you may have jumped the gun in wanting this to support your viewpoints of people being irrational etc when in fact it predates the subsequent fallout for Mitro by quite some time. It adds little in the way of new evidence given it was an interview not far off around his Fulham podcast interview. We all know Mitro spoke fondly of the club during this time, the point is that since then the Saudi offers very quickly seemed to make these interviews count for little. Thats all.

Bassey the warrior

I think he's now more likely to stay than go simply because I don't see any club meeting our demands. He should be more annoyed with Al Hilal than Fulham as he knows they have the money to meet our demands, they tried to cynically bully us into submission and we didn't cave.

It's now a test of Silva's man management skills, can he reintegrate Mitro without upsetting team morale?

Pluto

hovewhite

I have never believed in the media about mitro,so called transfers and other news simply I don't trust any of them.