watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Lauren James

Started by Andy S, August 08, 2023, 12:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on August 09, 2023, 09:23:20 AMWatched the game on the TV.Ms James got sent off which was correct. However, the opponent didn't get booked for pulling her down and impeding her getting back up. She was also clearly happy when contact was made as she knew her opponent had to be sent off, contact was made and a redcard finally and rightly issued. Whilst I cannot defend Ms James I do feel she was "set up" and considering some of the stamps we have seen over the years to call what she did a stamp is an over reaction in my opinion.

If she was impeded getting up that could count in her favour in resisting a longer ban. Didn't notice it myself.

I heard it described as a "stamp" on TV last night and I agree that's over the top. She stepped on her as she got up but it was still studs to back and that's a no-no.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Stevieboy

Well there's a lot more understanding and sympathy for her on here than Mitro got and all he did was try to argue his case with an arrogant referee!!

Rupert

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 08, 2023, 01:43:46 PMlet's not over react, it's not a hanging offence.

And here, in a simple sentence, is the whole problem. Spare the rod, spoil the child. We are going to the dogs, I tell you, the dogs.

By all means make a stand, now, and hang her by the neck until she is dead, dead, dead. Then we will wait and see if anyone else does a similar stamp in the near future. I bet they don't.

But no, the lily livered FIFA people will smack her wrists and let the violence continue unabated. No wonder the world is in a state.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

junior white

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 08, 2023, 01:59:14 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 08, 2023, 01:43:46 PMShe has let herself and her team mates down but it's not the first time a player has done something inexplicable & stupid.

She probably couldn't explain why she did it if she was asked and hopefully will learn a big lesson so let's not over react, it's not a hanging offence.
Got to agree... stupid thing to do... she's very young, who amongst us did do something stupid at 21?
Hopefully she will learn and everyone can move on.  If  Michelle Alozie can forgive her then that's it done.
Good luck England on Saturday...  ::scarf::
Agree re who didnt make mistakes that young, a certain high profile lad called Beckham did similar. Wonder if we will see similar scenes upon LJ's return at at games

Southcoastffc

Whatever went before, whether provocation, pulling down etc,  she did not stamp, but she did tread on her opponent. In the men's game red card and 3 game ban.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.