watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The 'There's Always Somone Worse Off Than You' Thread

Started by White Noise, January 18, 2011, 11:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Maybe worth having a thread to post stories about other clubs in this window who appear to be falling apart/losing the plot/shotting themselves in the foot etc.

Today 'sinking like a stone' selection kicks off with -

1) Randy Lerner doesn't know what he's doing. Got lucky inheriting a competent manager like Martin O'Neill but now doesn't know whether to stick or twist. go all in or sit the hand out or start cashing in his chips -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1348075/Aston-Villa-owner-Randy-Lerner-hands-Gerard-Houllier-war-chest-survival-mission.html

2) West Ham have gambled on getting O'Neil to manage them and now he has bottled it have come out with this fantastic statement -  'The club are committed to retaining Avram Grant as manager and have identified potential transfer targets to give us the best possible chance of retaining Premier League status.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1348181/West-Ham-confirm-Avram-Grant-stays-promise-new-arrivals-fight-survival.html

Oakeshott

Some in "the establishment" hate MAF, but when one judges just by what one sees, as a football club proprietor he is a class act. Imagine having the two sleazy old buggers at West Ham in charge instead - even the thought makes my stomach turn.

AlFayedsChequebook

I don't think that Villa will go down if they get Bent (he he). He will get them goals and has Heskey to play off with Downing and Albrighton firing in the crosses. They will be fine. It would be hilarious if he goes there and gets injured straight away.

As for West Ham. Hahahahahahaha. They get everything they deserve after cheating a few years ago. Horrible owners, horrible club.

The Doctor

Love that West Ham have been hoisted on their own petard due to the owners' populist blatherings to the media.

Also, Karren Brady hasn't exactly covered herself in glory with this revelation:

The worst and most ­extraordinary act of all saw Karren Brady texting a number of internationals in Grant's squad to effectively ask them to rise up against the Israeli.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/West-Ham-mayhem-deepens-after-revelations-Karren-Brady-sent-text-messages-to-senior-players-effectively-asking-for-an-uprising-against-manager-Avram-Grant-article675881.html

White Noise

Quote from: The Doctor on January 18, 2011, 11:25:54 AM
Love that West Ham have been hoisted on their own petard due to the owners' populist blatherings to the media.

Also, Karren Brady hasn't exactly covered herself in glory with this revelation:

The worst and most ­extraordinary act of all saw Karren Brady texting a number of internationals in Grant's squad to effectively ask them to rise up against the Israeli.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/West-Ham-mayhem-deepens-after-revelations-Karren-Brady-sent-text-messages-to-senior-players-effectively-asking-for-an-uprising-against-manager-Avram-Grant-article675881.html

Blimey! I read that as rise up against Israel!!!

'Fat TV Tart Starts Holy War Shock'

ron

...and I thought that EastEnders was grubby and sordid. The Beeb could save a fair few quid by selling up Albert Square and putting a few fly-on-the-wall cameras around that club.

Drink up Avram. You've got the poison chalice, and you've got to finish up every last drop.

Burt

I feel sorry for Avram.

Throughout all the crap swirling around him, he has behaved with class and dignity.

He deserves better.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Burt on January 18, 2011, 12:01:37 PM
I feel sorry for Avram.

Throughout all the crap swirling around him, he has behaved with class and dignity.

He deserves better.

I'd take the crap for the money he's getting and will get when sacked.

finnster01

We could indeed be worse off and have an Indian lady as chairman whose expertise is chicken nuggets and believes Ronaldinho would even consider signing for Blackburn  :doh:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

Nicklas Bendtner linked with £15 million move to West Ham

Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner is to be the target of a £15 million transfer bid from West Ham.

Beleaguered Hammers boss Avram Grant clearly feels that the Danish forward is the man who can drag his side off the bottom of the Premier League table.

Arsenal are believed to be willing to sell the target man should their valuation be met, as the player has never managed to secure a regular first team place and is far from a favourite with the fans.

Bendtner himself may also well be open to a move across the capital. Back in November, the 23-year-old told the Danish press that he would be moving on unless he got more first team starts at Arsenal.

He told reporters: 'If the situation doesn't change and I'm still on the bench at Arsenal, I'll look for a transfer. That's obvious.
.'I've had a lot of patience and I won't sit on the bench anymore.'

West Ham are still looking for three new players to bolster their playing squad, after missing out on the signing of Aston Villa's Steve Sidwell to London rivals Fulham.

However, Grant's tenuous grip on his position as West Ham boss has been further undermined this week by the club's pursuit of Martin O'Neill to replace him in the dugout.

West Ham owners David Gold and David Sullivan believed they had secured the Northern Irishman's commitment to take over from Grant, but O'Neill pulled out, claiming that the whole process had been too rushed.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/853079-nicklas-bendtner-linked-with-15-million-move-to-west-ham#ixzz1BUQNDSjQ

White Noise

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/49361/If_I_was_Ancelotti_or_a_Chelsea_fan_I_would_be_worried.aspx

"If I was Ancelotti, or a Chelsea fan, I would be worried"

Author:  Ben Moss

Posted on:19 January 2011 - 13:53

Jamie Redknapp is fearful Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is losing interest in the current Premier League champions because of his inactivity in the January transfer window.

The aforementioned Sky Sports pundit believes the current Chelsea squad is crying out for reinvestment, yet having failed to secure Steven Pienaar from Everton, with the South African instead choosing Tottenham Hotspur, Redknapp suggests there could be worrying times ahead for Carlo Ancelotti.

Redknapp told skysports.com: "I am surprised Chelsea didn't pull out all the stops to sign Pienaar.

"Chelsea strikes me as a club, or squad, that is crying out for some new blood, a bit of freshening up - and that's just what new signings can do.

"I did say a while back this window might tell us about the level of Roman Abramovich's commitment to the club right now and if I was Carlo Ancelotti, or a Chelsea fan, I would be a little bit worried that they have missed out on an absolute snip in Pienaar."

White Noise

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/01/19/manual_131521.html

BLACKBURN STILL IN FOR 'BIG NAME'

Blackburn co-owner Balaji Rao has told the club's supporters to stick with him as he searches for a big-name signing.

Rovers were ridiculed by opposition fans when proposed moves for David Beckham and Ronaldinho failed to materialise.

Boss Steve Kean has since recruited Jermaine Jones from Schalke, but Rao will not be satisfied until he lands a higher-profile target.

He said: "Yes we were trying to get Beckham, then we went lax on it as we were pursuing Ronaldinho. Nevertheless, I assure you we'll get a big name playing for us pretty soon.

"The first time we came as owners, the Rovers fans welcomed us so well. The feeling is overwhelming. It's something great."

Rao, whose company Venky's took over at Ewood Park last year, has another dream of finding the first Indian Premier League star.

He said: "Officials from Blackburn's academy will be coming to India to talent hunt soon. Four to five youngsters will train at the academy in England for two years. Hopefully, one will play for the main team two years from now."