watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic leaves Official.

Started by General, August 19, 2023, 09:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bal_13

Thanks for the memories and the goals Mitro. Hard to feel this way now, but he's going to be remembered as a club legend and we're lucky to have had him.

Have to say the club announcement is particularly cold for the only man who's scored over 100 goals for Fulham this century.

Mitro leaving has definitely seemed to have a left a bad taste with the hierarchy and the fans.

Bad day for us but we move - thanks again Mitro, looking forward to seeing how the club adapts and grows.

FFC1987

Quote from: Eton White on August 19, 2023, 09:38:52 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 19, 2023, 09:33:57 PMI know there's never a good time to announce this, but on the back of a dismal performance in a local Derby, being thumped, at home, 3 nil, doesn't feel like a good time especially if you aren;t announcing his replacement shortly after  ::cry::

Way to ruin the weekend Fulham.

It's happened. When else could they release it?

Ideally, by 10 tomorrow morning before announcing a flurry of new signings...... ::wine::

I'm not saying they shouldn't of announced it, or blaming the club, its just very typical of being a fulham fan that you get two gut punches rather than one!

Deuce

Im going to miss the big guy. Personally, I cant blame him. Hes not a cash grabber, hes just very much a human being.

I only feel sad that he never once went on social media, or any other platform, to clear a few things up with the supporters. I mean, judging by the way he interacted with Silva and his team mates, it didnt look like there was any harm done within the camp. So just clearing one or two things up with us would have been a nice touch

cookieg

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 19, 2023, 09:33:57 PMI know there's never a good time to announce this, but on the back of a dismal performance in a local Derby, being thumped, at home, 3 nil, doesn't feel like a good time especially if you aren;t announcing his replacement shortly after  ::cry::

We lost. The weekend is already ruined.

FFC1987

Quote from: cookieg on August 19, 2023, 09:43:17 PM

We lost. The weekend is already ruined.

Agreed, I was already down, now i'm just being stomped in the balls.

cookieg

Quote from: Deuce on August 19, 2023, 09:42:31 PMIm going to miss the big guy. Personally, I cant blame him. Hes not a cash grabber, hes just very much a human being.

I only feel sad that he never once went on social media, or any other platform, to clear a few things up with the supporters. I mean, judging by the way he interacted with Silva and his team mates, it didnt look like there was any harm done within the camp. So just clearing one or two things up with us would have been a nice touch

He's not a cash grabber? He's hardly going to Saudi to further his playing career.

alfie

Would you have rather read/hear it on sky sports, personally I like the fact they said it before the media claim credit.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

cmg

One of the few really top-class strikers we have had in over 60 years. Played a major role in one of the club's most interesting periods. Will be greatly missed.

Pity it had to end rather messilly, but we, by taking a firm stance have got the kind fee that would have been out of the question from any other source.

The final result will not be known until we have discovered how effectively the compensation has been spent.

Good luck to him, the  money, I guess, is irresistable and will compensate for a future in nowhere football.

Thanks to terryr for posting the AlHilal video (I won't repeat it). One of the most embarrassing and cringeworthy  pieces of flackery I've seen in a while. Only 11 sponsors too. I was going to say they probably hired Spielberg to produce it, but, on reflection, perhaps not.

FFC1987

Quote from: alfie on August 19, 2023, 09:46:57 PM

Would you have rather read/hear it on sky sports, personally I like the fact they said it before the media claim credit.

Read other comments perhaps before sending? Think it was clear it wasn't intended to mean the club did wrong in announcing this.

bobbo

I'm dissapointed with him leaving and a bit with him personally.
His poor behaviour at Man U last season speak much of what he is , meaning there's 3 people in his life - me - myself -and I. Plus the way he's gone about this move.

All that said it's an extremely difficult situation to turn down money that's going secure not only is life but his kids and so on for years to come.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Deuce

Quote from: cookieg on August 19, 2023, 09:45:13 PM
Quote from: Deuce on August 19, 2023, 09:42:31 PMIm going to miss the big guy. Personally, I cant blame him. Hes not a cash grabber, hes just very much a human being.

He's not a cash grabber? He's hardly going to Saudi to further his playing career.
Not in a derogatory sense, no.

If he kicked up a fuss about not getting to join West Ham just to get another 40k a week, then I would agree. But  Saudi money is something else and I can never blame someone for wanting life changing money

Eton White

Quote from: Bal_13 on August 19, 2023, 09:40:58 PMThanks for the memories and the goals Mitro. Hard to feel this way now, but he's going to be remembered as a club legend and we're lucky to have had him.

Have to say the club announcement is particularly cold for the only man who's scored over 100 goals for Fulham this century.

Mitro leaving has definitely seemed to have a left a bad taste with the hierarchy and the fans.

Bad day for us but we move - thanks again Mitro, looking forward to seeing how the club adapts and grows.

I'm not sure he will be seen as a club legend. Yes, he scored an incredible number of goals for us but the difference is, unlike other players, he's not moved on to further his career or even just to extend his career (as was the case with some of the MLS players back in the day).

He has simply chased the money, and that will always leave a bad taste in Fulham fans' mouths.

Or at least mine!

Brawn

Quote from: Fulham FC date=1692475598The Club had reluctantly accepted a revised offer as the player had consistently made his desire to leave known.

Didn't he have a long time left on his contract?

If so, that is weak and feeble from the club. Especially after how good he was at Goodison.

Weak. Weak. Weak.

Come on Tony, hand your notice in and then you can focus on your man-babies in nappies.

JimmyConway

Shame it ended sour. His desire to leave for money. He won't be the last. Leaves the club with legendary status no longer the case.
Let's hope he is blowing out his backside every game in that heat!
We await the arrival of the new king!

KJS

cookieg

Quote from: Brawn on August 19, 2023, 09:56:34 PM
Quote from: Fulham FC date=1692475598The Club had reluctantly accepted a revised offer as the player had consistently made his desire to leave known.

If so, that is weak and feeble from the club. Especially after how good he was at Goodison.

Weak. Weak. Weak.

Come on Tony, hand your notice in and then you can focus on your man-babies in nappies.

As Marco said Mitro didn't want to be here, as was said in the media he didn't want to play for Fulham again. Regardless of how long was on his contract we got what we supposedly wanted having knocked back previous bids. 

Eton White

Quote from: Brawn on August 19, 2023, 09:56:34 PM

Weak. Weak. Weak.

Why are you blaming the club? If a player wants to leave, you can't force him to stay (well you can, but an unhappy, bitter player is not going to be too helpful in the changing room or on the pitch).

Also, if we really have got £50million for him, it's pretty good business.

There is only one person to point the finger at here, and his name ends in vic.

cookieg

Quote from: Deuce on August 19, 2023, 09:55:05 PM

If he kicked up a fuss about not getting to join West Ham just to get another 40k a week, then I would agree. But  Saudi money is something else and I can never blame someone for wanting life changing money

I would have more respect for him if he did go to West Ham, he would have been playing European football and at least challenging himself to be a better footballer. This was greed nothing more nothing less.

Sammyffc

Quote from: cookieg on August 19, 2023, 10:03:11 PM
Quote from: Deuce on August 19, 2023, 09:55:05 PM

I would have more respect for him if he did go to West Ham, he would have been playing European football and at least challenging himself to be a better footballer. This was greed nothing more nothing less.

Respectfully i don't think he gives a S what people think, and whether he is in your head giving him a blessing or having no respect for him. He is banking 17m a year, whilst we just lost 3-0 to Brentford and moaning on a forum.