more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MOTD - Jonathon Pierce

Started by cookieg, August 27, 2023, 12:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

Quote from: Twig on August 27, 2023, 09:42:35 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 27, 2023, 09:06:47 AMThey also said that Perreira fluffed his shot and was jammy

I've watched it a few times and don't see that

I agree on this point. I don't think any observer can be absolutely certain whether he fluffed it or meant it, so their immediate conclusion that it was a shank was very disrespectful in my opinion.

The way ramsdale was running back on the half turn, it was the obvious side to put it

Grassy Noel

Quote from: Nero on August 27, 2023, 10:05:23 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 27, 2023, 09:06:47 AMThey also said that Perreira fluffed his shot and was jammy

I agree on this point. I don't think any observer can be absolutely certain whether he fluffed it or meant it, so their immediate conclusion that it was a shank was very disrespectful in my opinion.

The way ramsdale was running back on the half turn, it was the obvious side to put it

And yet nothing is obvious in a split second.

Beamer

If we are going to talk about inconsistency and/or bias why was Zinchenko not booked for a cynical foul in the build up to the corner we scored from in the 86th minute - even Pearce said that the ref was playing advantage but should be booking him afterwards.
A bundle of yellow cards for us and none for Arsenal, really?

Tabby

Quote from: Beamer on August 27, 2023, 10:16:49 AMIf we are going to talk about inconsistency and/or bias why was Zinchenko not booked for a cynical foul in the build up to the corner we scored from in the 86th minute - even Pearce said that the ref was playing advantage but should be booking him afterwards.

Current rule is that a cynical foul is only carded if it succeeds. It is pretty weird.

QuoteAdvantage

If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play. However, if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour; if the offence was interfering with or stopping a promising attack, the player is not cautioned.

Matchman

Yeah, he shot on goal and it went in. Nuff said.

bill taylors apprentice

I believe that Pierce spent a lot of his early years commentating on radio, maybe this is why he talks as he does trying to "paint a picture" despite now being on TV?

Having said that, I've never liked his work.

perry geyton

Quote from: Twig on August 27, 2023, 09:38:27 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 27, 2023, 07:55:28 AMMurphy & Lineker going on about how good Jao is and there's still a week left for the transfer window, basically saying he's too good for us

So the pundits can't win; if they don't give us recognition - we moan & if they do give us recognition - we moan.
I didn't say it like that Twig
They were pretty much saying that he's too good for us, Murphy being ex Fulham should show us a bit more respect IMO

cmg

Yes. On the kind of leisurely observation not available to Andreas, it seems that Ramsdale was committed to moving towards the far post and had left a Joe Bryan-style gap at the near post. Andreas was cute enough to forgo the textbook for the right-footer 'curl it in at the far post' and go for the less orthodox option.
Whatever the actuality, I believe it counts as 1 Goal (for).

KJS

Quote from: perry geyton on August 27, 2023, 07:55:28 AMMurphy & Lineker going on about how good Jao is and there's still a week left for the transfer window, basically saying he's too good for us
2 total tools in the same studio

Stevieboy

Quote from: Grassy Noel on August 27, 2023, 10:08:56 AM

And yet nothing is obvious in a split second.

Nothing seems obvious to some of the morons providing the commentaries !!

Beamer

Quote from: Tabby on August 27, 2023, 10:21:05 AM
Quote from: Beamer on August 27, 2023, 10:16:49 AMIf we are going to talk about inconsistency and/or bias why was Zinchenko not booked for a cynical foul in the build up to the corner we scored from in the 86th minute - even Pearce said that the ref was playing advantage but should be booking him afterwards.

Current rule is that a cynical foul is only carded if it succeeds. It is pretty weird.

QuoteAdvantage

If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution/sending-off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution/sending-off must be issued when the ball is next out of play. However, if the offence was denying the opposing team an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour; if the offence was interfering with or stopping a promising attack, the player is not cautioned.

My point is that it was clearly the former of the two circumstances and the player should have been booked when the ball went out for the corner.

Tabby

Quote from: Beamer on August 27, 2023, 01:34:40 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 27, 2023, 10:21:05 AM

QuoteAdvantage

My point is that it was clearly the former of the two circumstances and the player should have been booked when the ball went out for the corner.

I'd be gobsmacked if Zinchenko got a red for that challenge if he didn't play advantage.