watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A big concern

Started by FulhamKC, September 02, 2023, 02:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamKC

It really concerns me how many potential transfer targets turned us down because they did not want to play for FFC. I get it that we are a small club but so are Bournemouth and Brighton. And Forest????

Lazybones

Quote from: FulhamKC on September 02, 2023, 02:25:31 AMIt really concerns me how many potential transfer targets turned us down because they did not want to play for FFC. I get it that we are a small club but so are Bournemouth and Brighton. And Forest????
Perhaps the uncertainty around how long Silva will be here and/or uncertainty around players like Palhinha's future, and the age profile of our established players, all gave them pause for thought. 

And other clubs might be throwing more cash around, as well, I suppose.

SerbKnight

Quote from: FulhamKC on September 02, 2023, 02:25:31 AMIt really concerns me how many potential transfer targets turned us down because they did not want to play for FFC. I get it that we are a small club but so are Bournemouth and Brighton. And Forest????

Something seriously wrong when we lose out to clubs that are worse off then us. I honestly believe Ali Mac needs to go. If he is in charge of negotiating, then he has failed miserably.

demeant0r

Quote from: SerbKnight on September 02, 2023, 03:09:23 AM

Especially CHO who I rate highly. He was available for 8m but we kept haggling for a couple million in a month long saga and lost him anyway.

Something seriously wrong when we lose out to clubs that are worse off then us. I honestly believe Ali Mac needs to go. If he is in charge of negotiating, then he has failed miserably.

The Rock

It's simple maths. We got 3 players and lost Mitro. We finish 13 instead of 10 I think :Khan_you_fix_it:  thinks

Rupert

Maybe they all had a browse of this message board to do a little basic research, and decided they needed to be somewhere less paranoid?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Cobh Fulham Fan

Quote from: Rupert on September 02, 2023, 06:19:46 AMMaybe they all had a browse of this message board to do a little basic research, and decided they needed to be somewhere less paranoid?

You nailed it in one there Rupert. Since this window opened we had attack after attack on Mitro and the Saudis, to the extent that if he wasnt sure whether to go or not, we certainly helped him on his way with that decision. and of course the last couple of days we had a few people on here with their knives sharpened for Silva, twas all hes fault for not signing a new contract while he was already in contract. Then over the last two days we had thread after thread of blame on the Khans for all our woes.

Everyone but the people who paint the blackest picture possible of this club.  I dont know if players or their agents from other clubs read these pages, but if they do I can well imagine why they would give this club the biggest No -No!

All that said - I'm wondering and very curious to see how all the doom and gloom merchants on here are going to spin Pahinha's staying into a negative!

hovewhite

Quote from: The Rock on September 02, 2023, 03:59:51 AMIt's simple maths. We got 3 players and lost Mitro. We finish 13 instead of 10 I think :Khan_you_fix_it:  thinks
I went to bed early and there was nothing on the offal and woke up to another L B and Iwobbi joined .we kept the king pin
Plus Bassey,Raul,adama reasonable window overall got rid of some that wouldn't have plàyed.

ianthailand

Quote from: hovewhite on September 02, 2023, 07:08:12 AM
Quote from: The Rock on September 02, 2023, 03:59:51 AMIt's simple maths. We got 3 players and lost Mitro. We finish 13 instead of 10 I think :Khan_you_fix_it:  thinks
I went to bed early and there was nothing on the offal and woke up to another L B and Iwobbi joined .we kept the king pin
Plus Bassey,Raul,adama reasonable window overall got rid of some that wouldn't have plàyed.
Still not addressed the goals problem. Need the midfield to step up massively.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: demeant0r on September 02, 2023, 03:24:03 AM

Especially CHO who I rate highly. He was available for 8m but we kept haggling for a couple million in a month long saga and lost him anyway.

In the end Sky reported that CHO went for £3m + £2m !! How was that not worth a punt ??

Al-Fayed

We were in the hot seat but lost out on CHO because we were driving too hard a bargain for a player who was anyway going to cost peanuts. The midfield players we failed to attract were too ambitious to go for either us or Forest and we should arguably have been more realistic and looked at players like Sangarre, as Forest did. We didn't sell Tosin because we played chicken and lost with Monaco and stuck to our €15m demand even on the final day, so he'll now go for pennies in January or nothing next summer. We've chucked £8m or so down the toilet (or nearly 20% of Mitro's fee). The one outlier is Brighton and Ansu Fati, which is a loan, but a combination of Zerbi and Brighton's upward trend and attractive football may help explain that. We overplayed out hand on several occasions and it didn't work out. I always strive to see the positive with Fulham, so let's just say this wasn't our finest hour.

Mickeyboro

The buck stops with Teflon Ali!

The Old Count

As I said on another thread. We are not very good at negotiating. We lack the psychological skills to present an attractive proposition to prospective players. We play hardball at the wrong time and appear immature in our approach. Ali Mac and our DOF carry that responsibility.

S.F.Sorrow

It's probably our so-called DoF and his men in tights. He makes us look like a joke.

demeant0r

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on September 02, 2023, 07:23:07 AM
Quote from: demeant0r on September 02, 2023, 03:24:03 AM

In the end Sky reported that CHO went for £3m + £2m !! How was that not worth a punt ??

So he went for about what we offered 🤦�♂️ I think this is probably up as one of the biggest screw ups by our DoF

KJS

Quote from: Mickeyboro on September 02, 2023, 08:13:18 AM

The buck stops with Teflon Ali!
[/quot

Ali Mac is not involved in transfers and hasn't been for a few years 🙄

Holders

Or maybe we were looking at higher level targets who rate themselves more highly or didn't want to leave teams with Euro football. One went to Man U, I see.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Nero

Cho may have gone for 3m+2m but what % of future sell on price we know Chelsea wanted 50% at 8M. So at that fee 80-100%

As for Tosin saying we should have sold at 5m with the Sell on clause club would have come out with about 4M is it worth losing a home grown player in the squad for that amount

If we had spent 20m+ on adams and sold joao people would be up in arms why we brought an injured player to replace him and we're only buying him because he's American

SimonDaviesEnjoyer

Quote from: The Old Count on September 02, 2023, 08:22:14 AM
As I said on another thread. We are not very good at negotiating. We lack the psychological skills to present an attractive proposition to prospective players. We play hardball at the wrong time and appear immature in our approach. Ali Mac and our DOF carry that responsibility.

But last summer we made four quality signings from bigger clubs.

Carborundum

Doesn't matter how big the club, there's almost certainly a player out there whose mental assessment of personal standing is such that he genuinely feels he would be doing the club a favour by joining.  The golden rule in recruitment is that if you sniff this out, never sign them.  Only trouble lies ahead.

Reflect on the curious case of Mr Hojbjerg, who, if reports are to be believed, considers that he should be a starter for a major team in European competition.  The reality is that he appears to be squad flotsam under a new gaffer whose plans and preferences are beginning to become apparent.  Yesterday's reports signalled that he believes he would be doing Fulham a huge favour by joining us, one which he doesn't feel inclined to do.

Someone's got a problem, but I'm doubtful that it's Fulham.