watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marco Silver

Started by StuinSalop, September 02, 2023, 10:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

No doubt if Silva gets an offer from one of the bigg six he would move on, hopefully our board are aware of that and keep their eye open for possible new managers at all times. It is a very good point that we should always have a transfer budget to offer a new manager together with a good squad of players.

HV71

I cannot for the life of me understand how people can be critical of him regarding his stance on signing a new contract.
The man has said he is committed to the club whilst he is under contract. His passion for the club and the players is so obvious ( if you care to look and understand anything about man management ) . He gets booked because he cares and he is obviously a motivator.

I have pointed out before that, at one level that the easy ( incredibly easy ) thing for him to do is sign - if he does that then he gets a huge pay off if he is dismissed. It's also unlikely that if any big offer for him came in that we would be able to stop him leaving ( we might get some financial compensation but that wouldn't be Marco's problem )

I don't think he is signing  because he wants to have some element of leverage ( no matter how small) to impact the way we conduct transfers and business.

Of course this is nothing but speculation on my part but those who suggest that he is not committed need to take a little time , listen to the man and reflect.

If you come to the same conclusion as before then I suggest you see a psychiatrist- who might well get you committed ( joke )

Lighthouse

Silva not signing an extension will obviously make owners ponder what and how much to spend. It makes sense that if a coach gives you a list and may be off to Saudi that would be hesitant. When Silva said he was staying it was quite late in the day. But I don't think blame is attached it is just what football is. Good luck to him. Unlike players I feel he will always give his best given the hand he is dealt.

I don't play the blame game. Fans will blame the owners and blame everything and everybody who isn't their favourite. We are what we are and left with the squad we have which I think is not a huge improvement on last year. There was never a replacement for a player like Mitro. So we get over it, stop getting hysterical with each other and carry on.

Sadly it didn't matter who we played against City. They are a great side and played really well and we had officials that each week manage to embarrass players, fans and the game. Now that really is something to get hysterical over. Silva was bo9oked again and didn't even know he had been. How stupid are our officials.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 02, 2023, 04:19:40 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 02, 2023, 03:12:14 PMWho is Marco Silver?

"Hi, Ho, Silver Lining"

Love that

You're everywhere & nowhere baby. That's where you're @

On the day we remember Al Fayed, all that he did to rescue our little club by the Thames, we were away against City, so what did we really expect?

So many chasing the money. I don't give a lady Godiva as I believe I support a genuine Football club, through all the ups & downs

Born in Parsons Green Maternity Hospital c. 1950

COYW!!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

That's actually IN FULHAM for the uninitiated!

Roberty

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 02, 2023, 04:10:18 PM
Quote from: I Ronic on September 02, 2023, 04:04:21 PMNot easy to negotiate transfers or new deals with existing players when, when your manager isn't signing a contract.

You cannot blame the situation on Marco Silva to cover for the incompetence, inefficiency and negligence of the clubs D of F and his shortcomings.
Silva is worth a dozen TKs.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz
MS has said that the club were trying to sign the players that he'd agreed.
It has been stated that the work is done by AM and that TK just signs things off at the end.

I very must doubt that TK sees prospective signing in real life or actually suggests players that the club should be signing because like you I do not believe he is knowledgeable enough and it is probably not in his brief as DOF.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Twig

Please, please change the OP and spell our manager's name correctly. This is embarrassing.

HV71

Roberty

"I very must doubt that TK sees prospective signing in real life or actually suggests players that the club should be signing because like you I do not believe he is knowledgeable enough and it is probably not in his brief as DOF."

In the first part If this is true why on earth does he have the title ?
Agree with the latter part which also begs the same question

Mickeyboro

Quote from: HV71 on September 02, 2023, 08:53:26 PMRoberty

"I very must doubt that TK sees prospective signing in real life or actually suggests players that the club should be signing because like you I do not believe he is knowledgeable enough and it is probably not in his brief as DOF."

Cos he's the owners son... I agree with this!

Roberty

In November 1972, Ted Heath announced a wage and price freeze, which was followed by a mandatory prices and incomes policy. During 1973, the government rolled out the policy in stages, careful to avoid confrontation with the unions.

I remember that I had a pay rise in 1973 as the company wanted to retain my services
So as to comply with the legislation - I was promoted from Assistant Manager to Senior Assistant Manager.

The title really doesn't mean anything, you need to look at the Job Description

HV71

Quote from: Roberty on September 02, 2023, 09:06:06 PM

In November 1972, Ted Heath announced a wage and price freeze, which was followed by a mandatory prices and incomes policy. During 1973, the government rolled out the policy in stages, careful to avoid confrontation with the unions.

I remember that I had a pay rise in 1973 as the company wanted to retain my services
So as to comply with the legislation - I was promoted from Assistant Manager to Senior Assistant Manager.

So who is responsible four our recruitment strategy ? (  may I empathise strategy ) as I do not wish to be vulgar and put it in caps - please tell

Lighthouse

Whenever a player is signed they always talk about talking to the manager who convinced them etc etc. Silva is not quite the feeble puppet that many on here love to advance. The owners won isa more of a puppet and just signs off when a deal is done by the real Director on the ground.

Silva has nothing to do with the finances of the deal.

So this continuous spreading of lies about who you hate or like is wide of the mark in many cases. So let's just stop the point scoring because none of it is very accurate.

Well how do you know what is accurate? Why aren't we allowed to criticise Daddy's Boy?

You are so carry on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HV71

I really don't hate anybody . I do ,however, believe that it is vital in a multi - million pound organisation to have clear accountability and
responsibility . What is wrong with that ? Strategy is as important as finance when making decisions - where does responsibility lie ? Simple Question no agenda required

Roberty

Quote from: HV71 on September 02, 2023, 09:11:55 PM

So who is responsible four our recruitment strategy ? (  may I empathise strategy ) as I do not wish to be vulgar and put it in caps - please tell
I would presume - that TK sits at the top of the table to discuss and agree to what the Minions put forward. The work is then delegated to them, as happens in a lot of companies.
Who are the Minions - I guess the Head of the scouting set up, AM and MS.
So it is TK's ultimate responsibility even though he is not playing a very active part.
It's the buck stop here scenario.

HV71

Quote from: Roberty on September 02, 2023, 09:37:14 PM

I would presume - that TK sits at the top of the table to discuss and agree to what the Minions put forward. The work is then delegated to them, as happens in a lot of companies.
So it is TK's ultimate responsibility even though he is not playing a very active part.

So if the outcome is poor - who suffers the consequences ? The minions ? Or the head ?

Roberty

Quote from: HV71 on September 02, 2023, 09:42:05 PM
Quote from: Roberty on September 02, 2023, 09:37:14 PM

So if the outcome is poor - who suffers the consequences ? The minions ? Or the head ?
The buck stops here - is on TK's desk - he has to back up his Minions and carry the can - of course he can fire any or all of them but if you do too much of that it destroys the morale
It's as well to remember that the only person who didn't make a mistake - never did anything

Matt10

Iwobi said he likes the club's ambitions after talking to Silva. Talking about Europe as well. That doesn't sound like someone on the outs. He also signed the players he wanted and discussed the project with them accordingly. I'd rather not worry about the manager's contract at this point - the players don't seem to care either.

Twig

I still think it's a fair question; who is actually responsible for defining the recruitment strategy and overseeing it's implementation? I think we all understand that our MD is responsible for the individual transfer deals and Marco sells the footballing vision to  prospective incomes, but who sets the strategy?

hovewhite

Not in our hands Marco signing a contract he looks as focused as ever and getting on with it 
Still as passionate about Fulham games quality the man.