watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Time to look forward and be positive!

Started by bill taylors apprentice, September 02, 2023, 12:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Can't convince player(s) to join the club.....sounds like someone's not doing a good enough job to me.........

WindyCity

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 04, 2023, 03:19:29 PMCan't convince player(s) to join the club.....sounds like someone's not doing a good enough job to me.........

Bingo

filham

Quote from: blingo on September 04, 2023, 12:35:45 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 03, 2023, 10:29:39 PMPositive should be left to Batteries.

Don't be so Negative Mr Woolly
Isuspect Woolly's negatives are tucked away in his old photograph albums.

McBrideOfFrankenstein

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 04, 2023, 03:19:29 PMCan't convince player(s) to join the club.....sounds like someone's not doing a good enough job to me.........

You can't "convince" craven cottage to suddenly become tottenham hotspur stadium, or fulham to be a big six club, and apparently you can't convince fans as sour as you to develop something like positive support for the club. Fair criticism is one thing, but your petulant owner-bashing on every page of the forum is getting very old.

FFC1987

Quote from: McBrideOfFrankenstein on September 04, 2023, 03:31:42 PM

You can't "convince" craven cottage to suddenly become tottenham hotspur stadium, or fulham to be a big six club, and apparently you can't convince fans as sour as you to develop something like positive support for the club. Fair criticism is one thing, but your petulant owner-bashing on every page of the forum is getting very old.

Bore off ya mug. I barely give our owners, TK, or Ali Mac criticism unless its after such a glaringly bad window in some aspects.

Lighthouse

I believe we did out best to get more players here. But the Saudi money and the unreality of players ambitions really did blow a hole in any plans we were making at the end of last season. The blame game is easy and we tend to it in all walks of life while ignoring the fact that the system itself is weighed against clubs like ours and ordinary people outside of football.

Like blaming us for being beaten 5-1 by City yet ignoring two of the goals would not have been given the other way. Well yes the system is bent but hey we would have lost anyway. Hardly the point.

There is a lot to look forward to. After all we wont play City and Arsenal every week. Our hopes and ambitions of improving from last season may need to be slightly altered. Right now not going down looks good. But there is enough here to make me think Fulham will be ok.

Sadly I am not sure about the game itself.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

It's common place on here now to blame every little thing on the club without knowing full facts. It has now become a forum that I am beginning to dislike.

Years ago we had discussions, sometimes little disagreements, but it was never nasty, and most people always tried to respect others view. How that is changing now.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

McBrideOfFrankenstein

On the upside, FOF is still a much nicer place than the Everton forum. Took a look there to see their thoughts on Iwobi and wow was the tone grim.

Deuce

The recruitment departments, along with the manager, DoF, TD and so on in whatever capacity they are involved, job is to identify suitable targets. Then, you approach that players agent. Nothing illegal, just reasonable to check if the players is interested at all. Thats just a very basic part of the recruitment.

If we have bid for 3 players accepted, with however much work that involves (im guessing its not just faxing), and they never had any interest anyway then obviously we are not doing it right. One player who perhaps was on the fence, I can forgive us for missing out on, or perhaps us coming back in later on to see if said player now realising that his first option (whoever they were) arent in for him so he'll have to go for us. Thats fine.

But 3 players just not wanting to come is a clear sign of a broken system. Wheres our aim? Who makes these deals happen? Oh, its the DOFs job. Humm, seems like a pretty important position to me? Oh, to others as well? Is that why clubs go hard for recruiting the best? Is that why Spurs directly signed Paratici, is that why Newcastle went all in to recruit Brightons Dan Ashworth? Is that why Aston Villa first tried to sign Barcelonas Matheu Alamy and Sevillas Monchi? Oh well, our DoF must be really good considering hes doing it part-time.  But hey, nothing a zoom call cant fix right?

And even if so: you've identified a couple of targets, you place a bid and the players tell you they dont fancy a move. Times 3. Is it perhas not time to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself if we are perhaps aiming too high? Or not necessarily too high, just not at the right time for that player. These issues are supposed to be sorted out beforehand. Thats why clubs make sure, absolutley sure, that players want to come to them so that they dont place a massive bid, exposes how much money they have, and then the players doesnt want to come. That puts the club in an awkward position.

Whats even funnier is that people on here accepts this and accepts that our recruitment side pitched players who rejected us and then the recruitment guys just shrugged and said "well whatchagonnado, right? My work here is done"

Lighthouse

The idea that somehow the only one doing the ringing up and negating is TK in between his other interests. Is actually becoming slightly ridiculous and just a little hysterical. He really isn't phoning up people and asking if they are able to fight in the ring, then apologising to some centre forward and saying 'Sorry thought you were a wrestler. How about signing for FUL HAM. No ok bye'.

But by all means keep on with this idea. It at least is funny to read.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 04, 2023, 07:03:43 PMThe idea that somehow the only one doing the ringing up and negating is TK in between his other interests. Is actually becoming slightly ridiculous and just a little hysterical. He really isn't phoning up people and asking if they are able to fight in the ring, then apologising to some centre forward and saying 'Sorry thought you were a wrestler. How about signing for FUL HAM. No ok bye'.

But by all means keep on with this idea. It at least is funny to read.

He is probably the only one that doesn't do the ringing, I know it's hard for some to grasp it but he has a team that deal with things.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: ianthailand on September 04, 2023, 01:35:33 AMI'm getting very uncomfortable with situations like Gray and CHO where we agree terms with the player and then go below asking price keeping all concerned on tenterhooks. we then try to get a better player Ocampos, who said he doesn't want to come, wait a few weeks and go back in for him knowing he won't sign and surprise, surprise CHO goes to Forest. Surely this gets into the market and some players will not want to be involved with a club that acts like that.
It's a fair point, but looking at it from another perspective CHO hasn't been pulling up any trees in the past couple of years and all value for him is based on a slight purple patch when he first appeared for Walham Green.

It's also been suggested that he was on £150k per week there (and the way Forest splash the cash without seemingly thinking long term I bet they've given him something close to that) plus the Blue Filth were also wanting a 50% sell on clause.

Leaving aside what giving him £150k a week would do to our finances, the morale of other members of our squad contributing more and our negotiating position when it comes to renewing other players' contracts, if one thing is clear it's that our recruitment team are still monumentally scarred by the spending in the Seri/Anguissa summer - and the enduring effect of it on our FFP position for many seasons - and are quite rightly not going to go down that sort of route again, particularly not for a player who is as big a gamble as CHO would have been. So, all in all, having spent a long time looking at how to make the deal work in a sensible financial way for us, they decided to give it a swerve and I'm comfortable with that.

And if I was a Forest fan, I'd be looking at that deal and thinking 'Did you learn nothing from Jesse Lingard?' 🤷