watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Iwobi

Started by Willham, August 31, 2023, 11:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deeping_white

Iwobi created more chances than any Fulham player last season and he doesn't even take set pieces. If anyone genuinely thinks he doesn't improve the overall squad then they're just talking nonsense

OZ-WHITE

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 01, 2023, 11:49:30 AMIwobi created more chances than any Fulham player last season and he doesn't even take set pieces. If anyone genuinely thinks he doesn't improve the overall squad then they're just talking nonsense
And if we play devils advocate - Lukic replaces Palhinha and Iwobi replaces Reed ( Deep-Lying Playmaker role )
Solid enough pairing in front of defence 
If it wasn't for the medication I,d be chewing on your skin

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Sammyffc on August 31, 2023, 03:06:19 PMvery good squad player, type that would flourish under silva imo

We're not rich enough to justify £22M on a squad player !! Iwobi please prove me wrong if you come but I think you're a spent force and a Jack of all trades but master of none !! Sorry 😞

blingo

Iwobi is a good player

hovewhite

Quote from: blingo on September 01, 2023, 02:24:37 PMIwobi is a good player
overlooking it's not even on the offal.

LC

I probably would have gone up to £15m for him but I don't think £22m is out of the question. He created 7 assists last year in a Everton team that were the second lowest goal scorers in the league and he played well against us recently. I think he would be a good signing.

blingo

Quote from: hovewhite on September 01, 2023, 02:43:16 PM

What has that got to do with I think he is a good player?

bog

My mate is a massive Everton fan, his Dad use to play in goal for them, and he is sorry to see Iwobi go.  A good honest team player.

LC

Quote from: blingo on September 01, 2023, 02:55:00 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on September 01, 2023, 02:43:16 PM

What has that got to do with I think he is a good player?

I believe made more assists than any of our players last year.

He created 7 assists last year in a Everton team that were the second lowest goal scorers in the league and he played well against us recently.

Do I think he's expensive at £22m, yes I do, but I wouldn't say he's a bad player

copthornemike

Expensive at the reported £22 million, but we are increasingly looking desperate and disorganised & it is costing us financially!
Forest & Brighton in contrast?
The only bright point today is Liverpool under the Saudi gaze, even after today! Even their Gravenchirch deal looks dependent on Palhinha going so fingers crossed for a transfer cock up this afternoon. Maybe a Fulham executive has forgot to bring along a working pen to sign the deal off 🤞

H4usuallysitting

£22m if true.....good buy, he's got prem experience & goals....no negatives here

Ashington White

Quote from: copthornemike on September 01, 2023, 03:45:07 PMExpensive at the reported £22 million, but we are increasingly looking desperate and disorganised & it is costing us financially!
Forest & Brighton in contrast?
The only bright point today is Liverpool under the Saudi gaze, even after today! Even their Gravenchirch deal looks dependent on Palhinha going so fingers crossed for a transfer cock up this afternoon. Maybe a Fulham executive has forgot to bring along a working pen to sign the deal off 🤞

Which would be so Fulhamish...but would work in our favour!

The Rock

Good player. Looking forward to see who we get to replace Mitro though.

Everton

Quote from: Willham on August 31, 2023, 05:21:49 PM
Quote from: Everton on August 31, 2023, 01:50:37 PM
Quote from: Willham on August 31, 2023, 11:26:22 AMMost over rated player I've ever seen Grace the premier league, loses the ball more often than anything else, seems to wear blinkers when on a football pitch, yes his close control and dribbling seems decent but he runs blindly, dribbling towards his own goal or towards to corner flag meaning even when successful he's left in no man's land without a way out.

The absolute most stupid interest I've heard, I am absolutely praying were not about to waste a lot of money on this guy. I have a lot of everton family and I've been rinsing them for 2 years that they best hope is two of the worst players ever. Iwobi and grey, two players we're interested in 😫.

Iwobi miss hits the ball more than anyone I've ever seen, can never strike a ball cleanly. I've never been more into the idea of not getting a player, I'd rather absolutely anyone else!

Was interested in seeing what Fulham fans thought of the Iwobi link so visited this forum.

Made an account just to tell you how wrong you are.

You seem pretty happy to let him go considering he's so amazing? Stats are one thing but seeing is the truth and what I've seen from iwobi (as I watch everton a lot) he's a total hype man.

Relying some stats from a very poor everton season as he's the one and only standout is not going to change my opinion, I'd love to be eating my own words. Like I did when we signed aluko from hull city (another team I watch a lot)

Player I'd love to get the most from everton is Patterson, think he's a quality full back.

Like to add, I'm actually astonished at how many people I feel have wool over their eyes.

- You seem pretty happy to let him go considering he's so amazing?

He was in the last 12 months of his contract and rejected our new offer. We tried to keep him but ended up with no choice but to sell him.

- Stats are one thing but seeing is the truth

You have this the wrong way around. Data is objective. What you see is subjective. You're objectively wrong.

- I've seen from iwobi (as I watch everton a lot) he's a total hype man.

If you're happy to give value to how often people watch Everton I've had a season ticket for over two decades and go away 4-5 times per season. You haven't watched Everton/Iwobi as much as me.

- Relying some stats from a very poor everton season as he's the one and only standout is not going to change my opinion

We don't have 'good season' data for Iwobi because we have been poor for so long. But feel free to go back and analyse his seasons prior.

Also, you're inferring good players can't exist in poor teams. I'll go ahead and reassess my opinion on João Palhinha then.

- Like to add, I'm actually astonished at how many people I feel have wool over their eyes.

Crazy, isn't it, that so many people have a completely different opinion to you on Iwobi.

[Insert Principal Skinner 'no, it's the children who are wrong' gif]

Chi_FFC

He was injured against Villa a few weeks ago. Anyone have any idea whether we should expect him to be ready for Luton?

hovewhite

Every game I've seen him in he has looked quality for Everton and I'm sure under Silva he will be of a really good standard.

btffc

Quote from: Chi_FFC on September 03, 2023, 04:33:47 PMHe was injured against Villa a few weeks ago. Anyone have any idea whether we should expect him to be ready for Luton?

He is supposed to be back after the international break.

alfie

Quote from: btffc on September 03, 2023, 07:44:54 PM
Quote from: Chi_FFC on September 03, 2023, 04:33:47 PMHe was injured against Villa a few weeks ago. Anyone have any idea whether we should expect him to be ready for Luton?

He is supposed to be back after the international break.
Did he just tweak a hamstring?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

simplyfulham

Quote from: Everton on September 03, 2023, 02:41:19 PM
Quote from: Willham on August 31, 2023, 11:26:22 AMMost over rated player I've ever seen Grace the premier league, loses the ball more often than anything else, seems to wear blinkers when on a football pitch, yes his close control and dribbling seems decent but he runs blindly, dribbling towards his own goal or towards to corner flag meaning even when successful he's left in no man's land without a way out.

The absolute most stupid interest I've heard, I am absolutely praying were not about to waste a lot of money on this guy. I have a lot of everton family and I've been rinsing them for 2 years that they best hope is two of the worst players ever. Iwobi and grey, two players we're interested in 😫.

Iwobi miss hits the ball more than anyone I've ever seen, can never strike a ball cleanly. I've never been more into the idea of not getting a player, I'd rather absolutely anyone else!

Was interested in seeing what Fulham fans thought of the Iwobi link so visited this forum.

You seem pretty happy to let him go considering he's so amazing? Stats are one thing but seeing is the truth and what I've seen from iwobi (as I watch everton a lot) he's a total hype man.

Relying some stats from a very poor everton season as he's the one and only standout is not going to change my opinion, I'd love to be eating my own words. Like I did when we signed aluko from hull city (another team I watch a lot)

Player I'd love to get the most from everton is Patterson, think he's a quality full back.

Like to add, I'm actually astonished at how many people I feel have wool over their eyes.

He was in the last 12 months of his contract and rejected our new offer. We tried to keep him but ended up with no choice but to sell him.

You have this the wrong way around. Data is objective. What you see is subjective. You're objectively wrong.

If you're happy to give value to how often people watch Everton I've had a season ticket for over two decades and go away 4-5 times per season. You haven't watched Everton/Iwobi as much as me.

- Relying some stats from a very poor everton season as he's the one and only standout is not going to change my opinion

We don't have 'good season' data for Iwobi because we have been poor for so long. But feel free to go back and analyse his seasons prior.

Also, you're inferring good players can't exist in poor teams. I'll go ahead and reassess my opinion on João Palhinha then.

- Like to add, I'm actually astonished at how many people I feel have wool over their eyes.

Crazy, isn't it, that so many people have a completely different opinion to you on Iwobi.

Hahahaha

I enjoyed this, cheers.

Willham

Quote from: Everton on September 03, 2023, 02:41:19 PM

I had a look on your everton forum on transfer dealing day, it looks as if your in the minority, the majority of your board were very happy he's gone.

I'm not about to argue with another fan of another club over a player that now is in my team, good luck to iwobi, I hope he massively proves me wrong.

Good luck to everton too, I think your business was good overall, offload some dead weight, pick out players who'll work hard and sign a forward (which was massively your missing piece)