watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

VAR

Started by graham, September 06, 2023, 03:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuffolkWhite

Stick with just the Ref and get rid of VAR, if you cast your mind back to the Utd game last year, the ref didn't see the willian handball and I don't think the lino did either, but var did.

The point I'm trying to make is , it's bad enough with the dodgy/incompetent refs without the var idiots sat in a box helping the bigger teams.

We know smaller clubs get worse decisions.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Grassy Noel

Quote from: perry geyton on September 07, 2023, 05:47:05 PMOnly thing it's good for is the offside rule

Slow motion is BS
You have hit the nail on the head. It should be good for covering offside which possibly makes up one quarter of all infringements and they cannot even get that right. As for the remaining three quarters there is no machinery on the planet
which can measure the intensity of bodily contact.It will have to wait until a new generation of nuclear physicists invent something and even then the parameters of contact will have to be defined by humans or AI. And that does not even cover the conscious intentions of the players! Until then all VAR equipment should be rounded up and destroyed but leave one in a museum at Lancaster House. Then as per The Who,we won't be fooled again.

Nick Bateman

Still no apology from Webb!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

WindyCity

Well, FFC got a break on a VAR ruling in the Luton game.  It was reviewed.  I don't know if anyone saw it, but in the build up to our loan goal scored, Iwobi could have been called for a handball as he controlled the ball and ended up moving it forward for the goal.  It could have been called, but thankfully it wasn't.  Score one for FFC + VAR.  Haha!

Edit....I guess there was also a penalty shout being registered by Luton coach, on that collision Reed had with a Luton player in the box.  It was reviewed by VAR and nothing given.  I guess the VAR angels were flying around for FFC, or maybe making up for that terrible City call?  Hahaha