watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic

Started by Ludlow Richard, September 30, 2023, 10:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

A Fulham striker who will be remembered as a powerful, well appreciated, high scoring over many seasons favourite.

A Fulham player who will be remembered as a hypocrite, a player who couldn't control his temper and a player who preferred to leave a top league to play in a poor level of football purely for money.

Most of all he should be a player we hopefully will stop talking about soon.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

filham

Oh for an Iwobi hat trick against Chelsea tonight, that would put Mitro to bed on this board.

demeant0r

Has Iwobi ever played as a striker? For some reason, he strikes me as a player who could play in a False 9 role.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Eton White on October 01, 2023, 11:15:13 PM
Quote from: roberto w6 on October 01, 2023, 08:35:24 AMhow numbers were inflated by penalties...

Are you serious? Mitro was a terrible penalty taker!

The mans argument is backward surely. He's a bad striker due to how many penalties he missed not that his numbers are inflated by penalties lol.

But yeah, mug for leaving us

Cambridge Away

Quote from: filham on October 02, 2023, 10:57:50 AMOh for an Iwobi hat trick against Chelsea tonight, that would put Mitro to bed on this board.
Not signing a direct replacement has made the whole thing seem much worse. Mitro f***ed off, slagging us off (about how we are a small club), when we could have a new £50m striker and be right up there with the best in the league (making him look more like the mercenary he is).

But at the end of the day we are Fulham supporters and no strangers to difficult times. Fortunately we have a great squad other than a goal scorer that should keep us at least in mid table to Jan. And perhaps we can go for a cup this year. Then pin Marco down to a new contract.

toshes mate

Mitro was and is irreplaceable and as much as some may try yo suggest otherwise  he is by far the best striker FFC have employed in the Khan era.

Finding strikers has acquainted us with Chris Martin of "we are not a railway station' vintage and so I guess we are just not very believable when strikers hear us approaching.  There is a reason for that but debating it isn't going to help. Perhaps some wisdom will dawn after a few seasons without a nominal striker pass by although it hasn't helped before.

If we cannot recruit a striker then perhaps we need to develop one ... someone who has never played as a striker but is suddenly discovered.  It is unlikely but it happens and I cannot see us ever solving the problem of recruitment without massive changes in structure and personnel.