watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff - 08/10/23...

Started by WhiteJC, October 08, 2023, 09:23:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Calvin Bassey and Alex Iwobi seriously impressed with 'on fire' Fulham player yesterday
Bobby De Cordova-Reid found the back of the net for Fulham once again as they recorded an important win over Sheffield United yesterday.

The Jamaican international posted on social media after a 3-1 win for the Whites yesterday.

Fulham manager Marco Silva would have demanded a response from his team after a disappointing outing against rivals Chelsea on Monday.

They didn't look up for the game in the first half and by the time they started playing after the break, the game was all but lost.

Against Sheffield United, Fulham looked much stronger after Silva made three changes including introducing Bobby De Cordova-Red to the team.

The 30-year-old forward was playing on the right wing and teamed up well with Timothy Castagne.

He was one of several players who missed good chances before the break, but he capitalised at the start of the second half, latching onto a brilliant Andreas Pereira pass.

Tom Cairney and Willian made sure of Fulham's victory after Antonee Robinson's unfortunate own goal.

De Cordova-Reid has been one of Fulham's most consistent players over the past few seasons.

He arguably doesn't get the credit he deserves but proved yesterday why he's so important to Marco Silva.

De Cordova-Reid stars for Fulham vs. Sheffield United
Taking to Instagram after the match, De Cordova-Reid said: "Great reaction from everyone today. Enjoy your weekend."

Fulham's new signings were very impressed with the forward, as Alex Iwobi said: "My guy!" while Calvin Bassey replied: "Bobby on fire."

De Cordova-Reid's importance at Fulham has grown this season and his goal against Sheffield United only emphasizes that.

After Tim Ream's red card earlier in the season, he led the side out against Arsenal, wearing the captain's armband for the very first time.

His versatility has been a godsend at times for various Fulham managers, playing virtually every outfield position on the pitch.

He's a fan favourite because of his ability to pop up with a goal at all times and his immense work rate.

When De Cordova-Reid eventually moves on, he's going to be a very difficult player for Fulham to replace.

There are so few Premier League standard players who can do what the Jamaican does for Fulham.

I hope it's a long time until we have to consider De Cordova-Reid departing Craven Cottage.

https://www.fulham.news/2023/10/08/calvin-bassey-and-alex-iwobi-seriously-impressed-with-on-fire-fulham-player-yesterday/

WhiteJC

Cairney pleased with 'vital' victory
Fulham captain Tom Cairney was delighted to record what he described as a 'vital' victory over Sheffield United at Craven Cottage yesterday afternoon.

The Whites had wanted to deliver a response after being badly below-par in their local derby defeat by Chelsea on Monday night and Cairney told FFCTV after the final whistle that getting three points was important to restore the squad's belief:

"The result was vital today. We had to win going into the international break. It will be bring a feelgood factor around the training ground over the next couple of weeks going into the Tottenham game. You need that. You need to win. It breeds confidence, which is a nice way to build up to Tottenham."

Cairney played a key part in the win, sent on as a substitute shortly after Antonee Robinson's own goal had cancelled out a fine finish from Bobby Decordova-Reid, and his looping shot from long range cannoned off the crossbar and back into the net off former Fulham goalkeeper Wes Foderingham.

"I think we created a few chances. I don't think three goals flatters us but it was a tight game. I came on at 1-1, it was quite cagey and nervy at that point, and a lucky, flukey goal got us ahead. I received the ball, took a nice touch and thought I'd take a shot. It hit the inside of my right ankle and flew up in the air. The next thing I've seen [was the ball] come back off the crossbar and I thought, 'oh my God, it's my goal' but, looking back I think it might be an own goal.

The fans really lifted us at 1-1. I've said before that to be a successful Premier League team you need [to be strong] on your home ground, you need your fans. I knew we'd create chances but just putting them away has been a little bit hard this season. To get my goal the way we did was a bit fortunate but Wilian's goal topped off a good afternoon. He's brilliant. He's a wonderful player. I love playing with him, his enthusiasm, his touch, everything about him – the way he plays football is just amazing. We're very luck to have him."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/10/cairney-pleased-with-vital-victory/

WhiteJC

Marco Silva's classy Chris Basham message amid Sheffield United and Paul Heckingbottom verdict
The Fulham boss sent his wishes to the Blades defender as he delivered his verdict on United following his side's 3-1 win at Craven Cottage

Marco Silva took time out during his post-match press conference to send his best wishes and those of Fulham Football Club to Chris Basham following his horror leg break at Craven Cottage. The defender's injury overshadowed events on the day as the home side ran out comfortable winners.

It was a third win of the season for Silva's men, who were afforded a slice of fortune for the second goal before Willian put the game to bed in added-on time. For Sheffield United, though, it was a seventh defeat in eight and they remain at the foot of the table.

It looked at one point when Antonee Robinson put through his own net that the visitors were going to take a point into the international break and have something to cling on to but Tom Cairney's fortuitous strike saw to that.

Speaking after his side's 3-1 success, Silva sent a message to Basham. He said: "A sad moment for Chris Basham that he had in that situation. Myself, and we as a football club, wish him all the best and for a fast recovery from that bad injury that he had. We wish him all the best for the future, of course, he is going to have support from the most important people for him his family, friends and Sheffield United Football Club."

Silva has locked horns with Heckingbottom and Sheffield United before, with the Blades doing the double over yesterday's hosts in the season Silva guided them to promotion. He knew his side would have to be at their best to get a result.

He added: "It's been tough for them of course, I have to say. Paul did an amazing job, not just last season but even the season before. He did a very good job and did well for them. He got the promotion which is always very, very tough.

"They have been struggling in terms of results but we knew it would be tough if we didn't play against them the right way. We did from the first minute and we were almost perfect apart from one corner when McBurnie got in the header. Overall we did it well.

"They want to react and bounce back and get good results and of course, I wish Paul all the best because he is a very good manager."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/marco-silva-sheffield-united-basham-27865109

WhiteJC

Women's team against Fulham today at Motspur Park

Sutton's women's team begin a busy week this afternoon with an away game against Fulham at the Fulham Training Ground at Motspur Park (kick off 2.30pm)

There is the rarity of a midweek game this week, with U's facing Dorking Wanderers at Meadowbank on Tuesday, and a visit to league leaders Dartford, who have won all six games this season, next Sunday but before that U's, in fourth place in the table, take on second placed Fulham this afternoon and would go level on points with the hosts with a victory. Admission is £5 for adults and £1 for under 18s, and tickets can be bought on line here. We will have coverage throughout the afternoon on our social media sites and on Mixlr.

The reserves are at home to Leatherhead in Collingwood Rec, kick off 2pm, hoping to end the visitors' 100% league record a week after our first team win at Fetcham Grove in the FA Cup, and the development side, who are a point off the top of Surrey Division One in the South East Counties League, visit a Hersham side still looking for their first point and who Sutton have already beaten at home this season. That is a 1.30pm kick off at Hersham FC in Walton Lane, Weybridge.

https://www.suttonunited.net/news/2023/october/womens-team-against-fulham-today-at-motspur-park/