watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sasa

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 24, 2023, 03:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on October 24, 2023, 04:12:09 PMReed gets in the box, scores goals, assists and a general nuisance for the opposition all over the pitch. I'd agree that he can sometimes get himself out of position and technically isn't the best, but offers way more than Lukic. Lukic has already played a bunch of minutes for us, but hasn't tangibly contributed anything. I don't care how smooth he looks if it doesn't lead to goals or results.

Reed has 3 goals and 11 assists in 155 games for Fulham (many of which were in the Championship). admittedly he's not played all of the games in a more advanced position (the 8) but it's not a great return IMO.
In a similar role (8) for Torino, in 160 games (all Serie A- top division), Lukic scored 14 with 6 assists.

For me there's no comparison in ability, Lukic technically is a good player and Reed is lacking. Reed loses the ball way too often and that's where Lukic makes a difference, recycling, little deft turns, one touch passes, things Reed just can't.
Sounds like I hate Reed, I really don't, but he's genuinely the one player that I feel could do with an upgrade (ok, CF too).

filham

Have yet to see a performance from Lukic that shows he deserves to replace Reed, a goal or two may help to change my mind.

bencher

Reed at his best is a handy player, committed and full of energy and endeavour. But he doesn't have the top-level quality in terms of attacking. He mostly plays safe passes, very few creative/inventive passes, isn't a capable carrier of the ball, and when in goalscoring positions, has missed countless gilt-edged chances. He did finally break his duck for us last season, but I think of e.g. a huge chance at home v Spurs last season when he should have scored.

Lukic has a much higher ceiling, and my hope for him is that he is a sort of PL quality version of how SJ used to play for us. He needs to take off the handbrakes a bit, but there's definitely some real quality there. Some great bits of skill and awareness. A bit of confidence from a run of games and he could be great for us.

SerbianLad

I think Sasa could do much much more than he has done so far, but I do think some people are being rather harsh on him. I love Reed and he was one of our better players last season, but he's been quite poor in most matches this season, and I can't think of a game in which both of them played where Lukic wasn't the better player. I still think both will play a big part this season and depending on form and/or fitness they should swap places between starting spot and bench.

P.S. A bit off topic, but didn't want to start a new thread and it is somewhat linked to Sasa. His replacement at Torino, and a fellow Serbian international, Ivan Ilic has been linked with a winter move to Fulham by some Italian and Serbian media. Interesting player, but a bit too raw still, in my opinion at least.