https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 28/10/23...

Started by WhiteJC, October 28, 2023, 08:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Brighton & Hove Albion v Fulham

TEAM NEWS
Brighton left-back Pervis Estupinan is back in training but is not yet available for selection.

Tariq Lamptey is also a few weeks away from a return, with Julio Ensico, Solly March, Jakub Moder and Danny Welbeck also sidelined.

Fulham head coach Marco Silva has reported no fresh injury concerns after their defeat at Tottenham on Monday night.

Tosin Adarabioyo, Issa Diop, Kenny Tete and Adam Traore remain unavailable.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

Brighton have never beaten Fulham in the Premier League, drawing three and losing three of the six meetings.
    The Cottagers are vying to register three consecutive league victories over the Seagulls for the first time in 37 years.

Brighton & Hove Albion

Roberto de Zerbi's side are winless in three Premier League games, drawing one and losing two.
    The Seagulls have triumphed in just one of their previous 15 league matches in October, drawing eight and losing six.
    Brighton have found the net in 25 consecutive top-flight fixtures since a 1-0 home defeat by Fulham in February.
    They have both scored and conceded in all nine of their top-flight matches this season.
    Pascal Gross is set to make his 200th Premier League appearance for Brighton, becoming just the second player to reach that milestone after club captain Lewis Dunk.

Fulham

Fulham are without a win in their past four top-flight away matches, drawing two and losing two.
    Their record of three wins, two draws and four losses from their opening nine league games is identical to their start last season.
    The Cottagers have lost 17 of their previous 24 Premier League fixtures played on a Sunday (W3, D4), including the last five in a row.
    Willian has been involved in four goals in five top-flight starts against Brighton, with two goals and two assists.
    Raul Jimenez has failed to score in each of his last 31 Premier League appearances despite attempting 44 shots during those matches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67185670

WhiteJC

Tariq Lamptey, Pervis Estupinan, Julio Enciso – Brighton injury list in full and expected return dates ahead of Fulham
Brighton and Hove Albion return to Premier League action against Fulham at the Amex Stadium on Sunday, 3pm

Roberto De Zerbi's team will head into the game full confidence following their superb 2-0 Europa League victory against Ajax last Thursday.

It's was Brighton's first ever win in European competition and puts them well and truly in the mix of qualifying for the knockout stages of the continental competition.

But De Zerbi has stressed the importance of moving on from the victory and insists the full focus will on Fulham, who beat Brighton 1-0 at the Amex in the Premier League last term, thanks to a goal from Manor Solomon – a defeat that still irritates the Italian. "Solomon gave me a very bad day. We played very well and lost three points," De Zerbi said. "We have to go again with the same passion. The challenge is think about the next game. Every game we finish we have to change focus."

Brighton do though have injury concerns... and here's an update and expected return dates on the walking wounded ahead of Fulham.

1.Roberto De Zerbi, Manager of Brighton & Hove Albion, has injury issues to manage ahead of Fulham

2. Pervis Estupinan - Muscular
The left back was in light training this week away from the main group. Making good progress but Fulham could arrive too soon and Everton looks more likely

3. Tariq Lamptey - muscular
The flying full-back has not featured since Marseille. De Zerbi gave a more positive update today and hopes for a return soon. Fulham and Everton though could be too soon.

4. Jakub Moder - knee
Pictured training with the group this week and could see a return to competitive action in the coming weeks. A huge boost to have the midfielder back after more than a year

5. Adam Lallana - muscular
Trained away from the group with Estupinan this week. Was an unused sub at City and could make the matchday squad for Fulham. Has not featured since the Carabao Cup loss at Chelsea

6. Solly March - knee
A huge blow for player and club. Could be out for the season after twisting his knee at City

7. Danny Welbeck - hamstring
I doubt Welbeck will feature this side of Christmas. Injured his hamstring at City and De Zerbi said it's long term.

8. Julio Enciso - knee
The Paraguay playmaker injured his knee at Wolves. Posted this week that he hopes to be back in December

9. Adam Webster
Played the final minutes against Ajax - his first outing since the loss at Aston Villa. Could feature from the stat agains Fulham

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/tariq-lamptey-pervis-estupinan-julio-enciso-brighton-injury-list-in-full-and-expected-return-dates-ahead-of-fulham-4388332

WhiteJC

Fulham man urged to consider change as struggles continue – Not completely over for him yet
Fulham striker Raúl Jiménez has been urged to consider a change of position as he may no longer be good enough to play as a striker.

That's at least according to Record journalist David Medrano, who believes Jiménez may need to think about a change to prolong his career.

He explains that the Fulham man is now on a goal drought that goals all the way back to March 10th, 2022, which means almost 19 months, around 600 days, have passed since his last goal in the Premier League.

He moved to Fulham from Wolves in the summer in the hope that a fresh start could kickstart things again but despite being handed a starting role by Marco Silva, he's been unable to find the back of the net.

His performances have not been bad by any means but his inability to put the ball in the back of the net is an issue and he's now found himself benched.

Medrano then posits that 'perhaps it is time' for Jiménez to think about a change of position and adapting his game accordingly.

He argues that the forward still has abilities in his locker, such as 'reading the game and hitting the ball well' but if he cannot score goals, then, as a striker, it is difficult for him or Marco Silva to argue that he should be starting games.

He doesn't suggest what position Jiménez should move to, and it would be a major change for a player who has 290 appearances as a striker at club level but just 12 as an attacking midfielder on either wing.

It's an idea he thinks the Fulham man should consider, though, as his extending goal drought continues to raise questions.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-man-urged-consider-change-struggles-continue-not-completely-yet/

WhiteJC

'I want more' – Major contract decision emerges for Fulham ahead of Brighton clash
Brighton and Hove Albion welcome Fulham to the American Express Stadium on Sunday

Marco Silva said it was an "easy decision" to sign a new Fulham contract and insisted he is hungry for more success at Craven Cottage ahead of their Premier League showdown with Brighton.

Silva reportedly turned down an approach from Saudi Arabia in the summer and this week signed fresh terms to stay as Fulham boss until 2026.

The Portuguese manager, who guided the Cottagers to a top-half finish last season – including a 1-0 victory against Brighton at the Amex – highlighted his ambitions for the club going forward.

Speaking about his decision to sign a new contract ahead of Fulham's clash against Brighton on Sunday, Silva said: "It was an easy one.

"(It was) a decision me and the club were both happy to take and was something that we have been talking about for a long time. It was a simple decision and an easy decision.

"We feel really well at this football club. We are ambitious people, I want more, I want more for this football club, I want more from my career as well and I want to be more competitive. With ambition and being demanding we can achieve it."

Fulham's opponents Brighton are playing in the Europa League this term and claimed their first win in the competition with a 2-0 victory over Ajax on Thursday.

Silva lauded the Seagulls' "incredible" rise in recent seasons and talked up manager Roberto De Zerbi's influence since taking over in September 2022.

Silva said: "It has been an incredible journey with what they have been achieving behind the scenes.

"In everything they do they make really big decisions which is huge and of course their fans are proud, last night they achieved their first win in Europe and it's a really important step for them.

"They deserve it, not only because of last season where they were really good, when I was in Watford they came up and they have been growing as a club from that moment and I think they are a very good example and they deserve the credit.

"Roberto came in with a different style and achieved brilliant things and has been exceptional. He has a clear way to play and it is difficult to stop because of the quality players in the attack line who can make the difference in one versus one situations."

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/i-want-more-major-contract-decision-emerges-for-fulham-ahead-of-brighton-clash-4388617

WhiteJC

Silva: Signing new Fulham deal 'was simple decision'
Marco Silva said extending his contract with Fulham was 'a simple decision' because he feels so at home at Craven Cottage.

The Fulham head coach committed his future to the Cottagers by signing a new three-year deal on Tuesday and confirmed during this afternoon's press conference that he had received assurances that considering backing from chairman Shahid Khan would follow.

Silva said:

"It was the decision that myself and the club were happy to take. It was something we had been talking about for long time. It probably could have happened earlier, to be honest. It was a decision that was a simple one and an easy one.

The 46 year-old stressed how delighted he was to have established such a strong rapport with the Fulham fans.

Their support has been really important, not just for me, for the players, in the last two years and what we have achieved. It's really good to have the feeling that the fans are happy with everything we have been doing at this football club. I feel at home at all my clubs but it's true I'm feeling at home, I feel welcome. I have stayed here longer [than any other club so far]. We are ambitious people. I want more for this football club and for my career as well. The longer you are in a club you get more connections, stronger relations. We feel good in this club. We are ambitious people. I want more for this club, for my career, with ambitious and demanding high we can achieve it."

Silva is targeting further improvement following a return to the top flight in his season in SW6 – and a mid-table finish last term.

"On the pitch, it's clear what I want to see. To see our team improve game by game. To make them better players, and us as a collective. We're not talking about [our league] position. We know what we did last season and that it's difficult to improve. But we are ambitious. The main thing for us is to get the recognition as a Premier League club. To sustain this club as a Premier League club. From that moment, to improve every season. We will work hard on and off the pitch to keeping improving many things.

It's going to be hard work to get this club recognition. Everyone recognises this club as a Premier League club but after that we have to take the step and achieve different things. Off the pitch we have to improve and keep improving many things to keep meeting everything the Premier League demands to you."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/10/silva-signing-new-fulham-deal-was-simple-decision/

WhiteJC

Fulham leapfrog Tottenham in race for Bundesliga goal machine who could transform their season
Premier League clubs are reportedly on 'high alert' after it was revealed that prolific Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy has £15m release clause in his contract.

Guirassy signed for Stuttgart in the summer of 2022 and this season, he has set the Bundesliga alight. He has scored 14 goals in just eight league games so far.

The 27-year-old striker's incredible form and bargain price tag has caught the attention of some of the biggest clubs in Europe. As previously reported by Football365, Tottenham are big fans of Guirassy, while other Premier League teams are also interested.

It's no secret that Ange Postecoglou is keen to add a quality centre-forward to his squad in the January window, and Guirassy, along with Feyenoord star Santiago Gimenez, is thought to be at the top of his shortlist.

However, as revealed by our friends at TEAMtalk, it seems another London club are currently leading the race for the Stuttgart goal machine.

TEAMtalk's report states that Fulham have been the 'most proactive club' in their attempts to 'bring in the Guinea international.'

It's claimed that 'conversations have already taken place' between Fulham and Guirassy's representatives, with the Cottagers 'extremely keen' to sign him in January.

The report does note, however, that Guirassy has a 'multitude of opportunities' and will 'take his time to decide his next move.' There have also been suggestions that he would be willing to wait until the summer to leave Stuttgart.

Aston Villa boss Unai Emery has also 'taken notice' of the striker's recent performances and would like to bring in support for on fire forward Ollie Watkins.

Clubs in Spain and Portugal have also registered an interest in Guirassy, but it's thought that he would prefer to move to England.

That opportunity is now in sight, and it will be interesting to see if Fulham are successful in their attempts to lure Guirassy to Craven Cottage in January.

https://www.football365.com/news/fulham-leapfrog-tottenham-in-race-for-bundesliga-goal-machine-who-could-transform-their-season

WhiteJC

Marco Silva believes new Fulham contract 'could have happened earlier' as he explains decision
Silva signed a new three-year contract extension at Craven Cottage this week

Marco Silva has admitted he feels his Fulham contract extension could have been completed sooner.

The Fulham head coach this week signed an extension that sees his deal expire in the summer of 2026 rather than next July.

Fulham chairman Shahid Khan first approached Silva to try and extend his deal last October. A year later, the club have finally agreed a deal to keep him on as head coach.

Silva regards the Premier League as the best league in the world and turned down a lucrative £35million two-year deal to manage Saudi side Al-Ahli this summer.

"It was the decision that myself and the club were happy to take," he said about extending his stay in west London.

"It was something we had been talking about for long time. It probably could have happened earlier, to be honest. It was a decision that was a simple one and an easy one."

Speaking about Fulham's supporters, he said: "Their support has been really important, not just for me, for the players, in the last two years and what we have achieved. It's really good to have the feeling that the fans are happy with everything we have been doing at this football club.

"It's going to be hard work to get this club recognition. Everyone recognises this club as a Premier League club but after that we have to take the step and achieve different things. Off the pitch we have to improve and keep improving many things to keep meeting everything the Premier League demands to you."

Silva added: "We are ambitious people. I want more for this football club and for my career as well."

On Sunday, Fulham visit Brighton, who on Thursday won their first-ever European match by beating Ajax in the Europa Conference League but haven't beaten Fulham in any of their six Premier League meetings.

Silva confirmed that centre-back Issa Diop will not be fit for the Brighton match due to a foot injury which kept him out of Monday's 2-0 defeat at Tottenham. Diop is expected back in the next three-to-four weeks.

The match will also come too soon for Kenny Tete, Adama Traore and Tosin Adarabioyo, Fulham's other injury absentees.

"Good to see him back on the grass," Silva said about Adarabioyo.

"Not truly involved with the team. It's just individual stuff he's doing. Nice to see Kenny as well. Adama is coming back as well. I cannot say it's going to be one or two weeks' time, but it's not going to be too [much] longer than that [before Adama returns]."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/marco-silva-fulham-manager-new-contract-b1116461.html

WhiteJC

We need to be 'almost perfect' at Brighton, says Silva
Marco Silva has admitted that his Fulham side will need to be 'almost perfect' to beat Brighton on Sunday afternoon.

The Whites did the double over the Seagulls last season but the Portuguese head coach has been impressed with the work Roberto de Zerbi has undertaken since replacing Graham Potter on the south coast.

He told his pre-match press conference at Motspur Park this afternoon:

Last season we did well against them, versus two different managers. Now we have another game. It's a tough place for any team to and go and play From a tactical point of view, we will have to be almost perfect. This is a good moment for us, if we improve what we should from the last game, we can be competitive.

Brighton have their way. Each club should create their own way to do the right things. We don't know what they do behind the scenes, but they have made good decisions."

Silva confirmed that he will still be without Kenny Tete, Issa Diop, Tosin Adarabioyo and Adama Traore at the AMEX this weekend. Adarabioyo is still two to three weeks away from contention, but Silva said it was 'good to see him back on the grass' alongside Tete and Traore who have also returned to individual training. Diop is likely to be out for around three to four weeks, according to the Fulham boss.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/10/we-need-to-be-almost-perfect-at-brighton-says-silva/

WhiteJC

Silva reflects on 'easy decision' to sign a new contract at Fulham as he's 'ambitious' for success
Marco Silva said it was an "easy decision" to sign a new Fulham contract and insisted he is hungry for more success at Craven Cottage.

Silva reportedly turned down an approach from Saudi Arabia in the summer and this week signed fresh terms to stay as Fulham boss until 2026.

The Portuguese manager, who guided the Cottagers to a top-half finish in the Premier League last season, highlighted his ambitions for the club going forward.

Speaking about his decision to sign a new contract ahead of Fulham's clash against Brighton on Sunday, Silva said: "It was an easy one.

"(It was) a decision me and the club were both happy to take and was something that we have been talking about for a long time. It was a simple decision and an easy decision.

"We feel really well at this football club. We are ambitious people, I want more, I want more for this football club, I want more from my career as well and I want to be more competitive. With ambition and being demanding we can achieve it."

Fulham's opponents Brighton are playing in the Europa League this term and claimed their first win in the competition with a 2-0 victory over Ajax on Thursday.

Silva lauded the Seagulls' "incredible" rise in recent seasons and talked up manager Roberto De Zerbi's influence since taking over in September 2022.

Silva said: "It has been an incredible journey with what they have been achieving behind the scenes.

"In everything they do they make really big decisions which is huge and of course their fans are proud, last night they achieved their first win in Europe and it's a really important step for them.

"They deserve it, not only because of last season where they were really good, when I was in Watford they came up and they have been growing as a club from that moment and I think they are a very good example and they deserve the credit.

"Roberto came in with a different style and achieved brilliant things and has been exceptional.

"He has a clear way to play and it is difficult to stop because of the quality players in the attack line who can make the difference in one versus one situations."

https://www.football365.com/news/fulham-silva-reflects-decision-new-contract-ambiitous-success

WhiteJC

Bayern Munich are not keen on paying big fee for Joao Palhinha
The need for a defensive midfielder for Bayern Munich was highlighted against Galatasaray on Tuesday. The Bavarian club had to be on the receiving end of an attacking onslaught from the Turkish club. Die Roten needed someone in the midfield who would provide steel and a calming presence on the ball.

Nevertheless, Bayern still managed to get through the difficult game in Turkey with a victory. The unbeaten start to the campaign continues for Thomas Tuchel and Die Roten. The German coach has been very vocal about transfers and what the squad needs in the media. He will definitely push for a defensive midfielder and versatile defender in January.

Bayern came very close to fulfilling Tuchel's midfield wish in the summer when they agreed a fee with Fulham for Joao Palhinha. The Portuguese midfielder was spotted at Sabner Strasse to complete the formalities of the transfer. However, Fulham had to abandon the transfer due to a lack of viable replacement on the deadline day.

Palhinha was distraught after the transfer collapsed in the final hours of the transfer window. Bayern appreciated the midfielder's willingness to seal the transfer. Few reports after the transfer window suggested that Die Roten would revisit the deal in January, but things are not as straightforward as they seem for this move to happen.

According to SportBild's Christian Falk and Tobi Altschaffl (via iMiaSanMia), Bayern have no plans to bid close to the €65 million fee that they had agreed with Fulham in the summer. The Bavarian club agreed to pay such a big fee since the move was taking place late in the transfer window.

Thomas Tuchel remains determined to add a new number six to the squad. Christoph Freund also agrees with Tuchel's assessment of the midfield, but the club chiefs are reluctant to spend big in January. Uli Hoeness has previously insisted that Die Roten will not spend heavily in the winter transfer window.

Palhinha is reportedly interested in a move to Bavaria midway through the season. Fulham will have more leverage to ask for a big fee since the Portuguese midfielder signed a new deal a few weeks ago. Since Palhinha will be 29 next season, Bayern being hesitant to pay a big fee makes sense.

The Bavarian club should explore other defensive midfield options in the market. A younger midfielder will be better suited for their long-term plans. Along with finding the right profile, the onus will be on Freund to make sure that the deal is financially viable for Die Roten. Since Bayern need at least two signings in January, it will be intriguing to see who they sign to solve the midfield conundrum.

https://bayernstrikes.com/2023/10/27/bayern-munich-not-keen-paying-big-fee-joao-palhinha/

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham now ready to bid for Manchester City player as a replacement for £20m man
Fulham are now ready to make an offer for Manchester City No.4 Kalvin Phillips – as a replacement for Joao Palhinha.

That is according to talkSPORT.

So, what is the latest on Kalvin Phillips at Manchester City? Let's take a look...

What's the story?
Well – according to ESPN – the England international is considering his future at the Etihad Stadium due to a lack of playing time.

Phillips – who recently said "I want minutes" – has only made two Premier League starts since arriving from Leeds in a £45m deal back in July 2022.

Now – according to talkSPORT – Fulham are ready to offer him a fresh start.

It is said that the Cottagers have earmarked Phillips as a replacement for Palhinha, with Bayern Munich expected to make another move for the £20m Portugal international in January.

The Fulham No.26 signed a new contract at Craven Cottage after missing out on a move to the Allianz Arena in September, but talkSPORT believe he remains keen on joining the German giants.

If Palhinha did depart west London, it sounds as if Marco Silva would immediately make a bid for Phillips.

Kalvin Phillips can do better than Fulham if he leaves Manchester City
With all due respect to Fulham, Phillips can do better.

A story from the Northern Echo claims that Newcastle will bid for the 27-year-old if he becomes available in January.

According to Graeme Bailey of 90min, Manchester City are willing to sell – or loan – Phillips in January, so a move to St James' Park, where UEFA Champions League football is on the table, could happen.

Furthermore, a story from Sky Germany claimed that Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Juventus are all looking at the Leeds-born maestro.

Therefore, it would feel a little underwhelming if Phillips ended up at Fulham, when a number of European giants are supposedly keen on his signature.

https://www.manchestercity.news/fulham-now-ready-to-bid-for-manchester-city-player-as-a-replacement-for-20m-man/

WhiteJC

Fulham defender close to full fitness, says Silva
Fulham boss Marco Silva is hopeful defender Tosin Adarabioyo will be back in contention for a place in the team early next month.

The former Manchester City centre-back, who almost signed for Monaco in the summer transfer window, has made just one substitute appearance this season but has been a staple of the Fulham defence ever since he arrived at the club three years ago.

The 25-year-old underwent groin surgery in August but returned to light training this week and Silva said he hopes to have him back with the rest of the first team squad next week but admitted he could still depart in January with the his contract expiring at the end of the season.

"It is good to see him back on the grass but he is not fully involved with the rest of the team, but in one or two weeks he will be," Silva said.

"I don't know what is going to happen in January but I am sure he will be ready to play in our shirt but who knows what can happen in the market.

"I am not focusing on that but as a club we have to be ready.

"But when Tosin is ready he is going to be another player at this football club who can be part of the squad to help us win football matches."

Silva also said signing a new contract with the club earlier this week was an easy decision to make, despite him taking his time to fully commit to the Whites.

"It is something we have been talking about for a long time," he said.

"It probably could have happened earlier to be honest but it was a decision that a simple and easy one.

"I feel at home and have always been welcomed at the football club and the more time you are at the football club you extend those relationships.

"I have that at all my clubs, I have to be honest, but football is about results and when you are looking for a long-term project sometimes you don't get that chance because of results.

"But the people at the club believe in what we are doing and trust us. But I am ambitious and not just happy to say content at this football club, I want more and be as competitive as I can and I believe we can achieve it."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/fulham-defender-edging-towards-return-says-silva

WhiteJC

Liverpool delight as Euro giants urged against signing of Klopp target, with new price tag suggested
Liverpool could move into pole position for the signing of Fulham star Joao Palhinha, as Bayern have been warned that taking him to the Allianz Arena might be a mistake.

Palhinha joined Fulham in the summer of 2022, as they paid Sporting £20million for him. The defensive midfielder went on to make 40 appearances last season and scored four goals. He established himself as one of the best midfielders in the Premier League, as he regularly bossed the middle of the park for Fulham.

Palhinha's top displays for the Cottagers resulted in rumours he might leave the club over the summer. With Thomas Tuchel on the hunt for a new player to fill the No 6 role, Bayern entered discussions with Fulham over a potential transfer.

The two clubs went on to agree a deal worth €65m (£57m). But Fulham told Bayern that the Portugal international would only move to Germany if they managed to secure a replacement first.

As Fulham did not sign a replacement in time, Palhinha ended up staying in London. On September 3, Palhinha's brother Goncalo claimed that the move to Bayern had only been 'postponed', rather than 'killed', with Tuchel's side expected to re-enter talks in the winter window.

But Bayern are not alone in chasing Palhinha. Earlier this month, it emerged that long-term admirers Liverpool are back in the race for him.

And Jurgen Klopp could finally get his man next year, as former Reds star Didi Hamann has told Bayern they 'can't' pay the potential €80-90m (£70-78m) fee now required to land Palhinha.

"Bayern have been playing the same football for six months, with little control and stability, and nothing has changed," he said in an interview with Sky Germany.

Bayern warned against capture of Liverpool-linked star
"When I recognise the problem, I have to try to fix it with the players I have available. Tuchel wanted to bring in Palhinha in the summer, that didn't work out, and he probably doesn't cost 60 million now, but 80 or 90.

"You can't pay that for a player like that and it's uncertain whether the Munich team will find another defensive midfielder in the winter, which gives them the necessary defensive stability.

"I don't know whether Tuchel wants to survive without a six, but if you don't pay attention, keep playing football like this, lose important games and have self-doubts, you can get into huge problems in the league in the winter."

Of course, Klopp has already had his midfield strengthened by the recent arrivals of Ryan Gravenberch, Dominik Szoboszlai, Alexis Mac Allister and Wataru Endo.

But Mac Allister has looked uncomfortable when he has been selected in the defensive midfield role. As such, if Palhinha moved to Liverpool, then he could compete with Endo for that position, and this would in turn allow Klopp to unleash Mac Allister further forward.

https://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/delight-euro-giants-urged-against-signing-liverpool-target-new-price-tag-suggested

WhiteJC

Fulham ahead of Tottenham and Aston Villa in the race for Serhou Guirassy
Fulham is leading the race for the signatures of Serhou Guirassy amidst interest from Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa.

According to a report by TEAMtalk, Fulham are keen on having Serhou Guirassy in their ranks. The 27-year-old VfB Stuttgart striker is in the form of his life and the Cottagers want to acquire his services in the winter. But, they are not the only ones interested, even Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa are interested in his services.

Guirassy is currently the most deadly striker in Europe. The 27-year-old has featured in a total of nine matches in all competitions and he has found the back of the net on 15 occasions. He even has two assists to his name.

The Stuttgart forward is the highest goal scorer in Europe's top five leagues with 14 strikes in eight outings. His incredible form has attracted a lot of attention and he could be on his way to a bigger club during the winter transfer window that opens on January 1.

Guirassy joined the German club from Stade Rennais back in the summer of 2022. It was an initial loan deal that was made permanent ahead of the 2023-24 season. Stuttgart paid £8 million to land him at the club. He penned down a three-year deal with the German club and also ensured to have a release clause in place because he didn't want to miss out on the opportunity of joining a bigger club.

Guirassy's current form and his release clause of just £15 million make him a bargain option for the big clubs from across Europe. While there is interest from across Europe, the player is keen on making the move to England.

Fulham, Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa are all interested in the 27-year-old. Villa already have a world-class striker in Ollie Watkins. But, Unai Emery still wants to add someone who can add more goals and make them an even more competitive team. The Guinea international could be a great option to have in their ranks.

Tottenham Hotspur parted ways with Harry Kane in the summer and they haven't signed a replacement. While they are doing wonders even without a prolific striker, Spurs do want to sign one in the winter and Guirassy could be a great cost-effective option for them.

Meanwhile, Fulham are also interested in the 27-year-old and according to the report, the Cottagers are leading the race for his signatures. They are very serious about their pursuit of the Guinea international and have already established contacts with the player's representatives about a potential deal.

Fulham will push for his signatures in the winter and if they manage to convince the player about their project signing him won't be that big problem because the Cottagers can surely afford to trigger his release clause.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/10/28/fulham-ahead-of-tottenham-and-aston-villa-in-the-race-for-serhou-guirassy/

WhiteJC

Academy Match Report: Fulham u21s 1-1 Manchester United u21s
Nearly a month since their last fixture, Manchester United u21s were finally back in Premier League 2 action on Friday night as they headed south to take on Fulham at Motspur Park.

The early stages saw Fulham take control of the match with their frontline deploying a high energy press that United struggled to get to grips with, sending a number of passes at the back out of play.

Imani Lanquedoc was one of the brightest for the home side and had a huge chance in the 16th minute when a low cross into the box found him open 10 yards out but the winger put his effort over the bar.

The speedy right winger made no mistake on the next one though when he raced in behind the United backline before poking the ball under Elyh Harrison to give the home side the lead.

While United were failing to match Fulham's intensity, Rhys Bennett was putting himself about across the pitch with a number of strong challenges. Pushing one Fulham midfielder off the ball, Bennett made a charge up field before trying his luck from 25 yards out to test the Fulham keeper for the first time of the match.

Fulham threatened to add another before the break with some dangerous crosses that were too often cleared straight back to Fulham but a series of good blocks and poor finishing saw the match remain 1-0 into the break.

Travis Binnion looked to the bench at the break and introduced Ethan Ennis, who returned after a lengthy injury to replace Sam Mather, who in turn has been battling injury troubles recently as well.

You never would have known it was Ennis' first competitive match in over a year though as he instantly injected life into the United side with direct running on the left wing and winning a corner.

With Ennis offering an outlet on the left wing, it relieved the pressure on the back and United began to gain some momentum in possession.

Shola Shoretire came alive in the second half with a number of good deliveries, the first to Sam Murray on the left wing who then cut back to Shoretire following up on the edge of the box but the midfielder's shot was blocked for a corner.

Fulham were still in it though and a chance from Jonathan Esenga looked destined for the top left corner but for a top save from Harrison.

In the 87th minute, United came close to equalising when Bennett towered above to head from Ethan Williams' corner but directed it just wide of the left post.

Williams was peppering his deliveries into the box from his left and right boot and they came close again as Tom Huddlestone headed onto the roof of the net.

Into injury time and Williams collected the ball at the edge of the box and blasted into the bottom left corner to give United a dramatic late equaliser.

It wasn't over there though, Joe Hugill's headed effort was then pushed onto the post and then collected by the keeper off the line to deny United the late win.

The match finished 1-1 and point brings United into 14th place, just inside the play-off spots.

United: Harrison, Kambwala (Nolan 61), Aljofree (Huddlestone 83), Bennett, Murray, Collyer, Shoretire, Mejia (Williams 78), Hansen-Aaroen, Mather (Ennis 46), Hugill

Unused subs: Plumley

https://thepeoplesperson.com/2023/10/28/academy-match-report-fulham-u21s-1-1-manchester-united-u21s-271138/