more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Warming to Muniz

Started by perry geyton, October 30, 2023, 04:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: blingo on October 31, 2023, 11:22:56 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 31, 2023, 08:09:29 AMIt is never too late to start believing in yourself.

Do you know
Vlad The Impaler did not even start impaling people until his mid 30s.

He hadn't realised what was at stake

A Mistake
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

@jolslover

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on October 31, 2023, 07:58:27 AMI still think Muniz may have the potential to be a huge success at FFC. His ability to control the ball in tight areas is impressive. He also has the ability to find openings for shots from almost "impossible" positions, when he'surrounded by defenders. In the Brighton game, when most of our players were poor, he was one of very few positives (Leno and Palhinha were superb too of course). Some of the things Muniz pulled off in that game looked at bit like the Flamengo-version of him. Of course this is a much tougher league and he has needed a long time to adapt but I still think there's hope. In fact, I think he is perhaps our most technically gifted player (maybe with the exception of Willian on a good day). Muniz also looks strong in the air. A rare combination. From what I've seen of Muniz his main weaknesses has seemed to be his tactical awereness and movement off the ball, as well as a general lack of confidence. His movement off the ball has improved a LOT since last season though. Last season he ran around like a headless chicken. This season he looks much better integrated into the team and gets into good positions. Hopefully he will soon get a couple of goals to boost his confidence too.

He definitely deserves to start against Ipswich. In my opinion he should also be given a run of games in the league to get him match fit. Jimenez looks past it and Vini isn't the right type of striker (or good enough) to be a regular starter for us. We've got nothing to lose, but if we can somehow get the Flamengo version of Muniz adapted to the Premier League we could have a REALLY spectacular striker on our hands. Don't forget, this is a relatively young player who has moved from the opposite side of the world, to a different culture, and been thrown (almost) straight into the toughest league in the world. Sometimes these things take time and I personally think we may have a future star player on our hands here. I might be wrong of course, but like I said, what have we got to lose at this point?

Good post. Agree
STH H3

perry geyton

Will we see him Wednesday night ?
I really hope so alongside one of our better players TC who barely gets a look in either

btffc

He is certainly much quicker than Vinicius and Jimenez which is a trait that sorely lacks in attack. Would like to see him get more game time.

JimOG

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 31, 2023, 10:23:49 AM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on October 31, 2023, 07:58:27 AMI still think Muniz may have the potential to be a huge success at FFC. His ability to control the ball in tight areas is impressive. He also has the ability to find openings for shots from almost "impossible" positions, when he'surrounded by defenders. In the Brighton game, when most of our players were poor, he was one of very few positives (Leno and Palhinha were superb too of course). Some of the things Muniz pulled off in that game looked at bit like the Flamengo-version of him. Of course this is a much tougher league and he has needed a long time to adapt but I still think there's hope. In fact, I think he is perhaps our most technically gifted player (maybe with the exception of Willian on a good day). Muniz also looks strong in the air. A rare combination. From what I've seen of Muniz his main weaknesses has seemed to be his tactical awereness and movement off the ball, as well as a general lack of confidence. His movement off the ball has improved a LOT since last season though. Last season he ran around like a headless chicken. This season he looks much better integrated into the team and gets into good positions. Hopefully he will soon get a couple of goals to boost his confidence too.

He definitely deserves to start against Ipswich. In my opinion he should also be given a run of games in the league to get him match fit. Jimenez looks past it and Vini isn't the right type of striker (or good enough) to be a regular starter for us. We've got nothing to lose, but if we can somehow get the Flamengo version of Muniz adapted to the Premier League we could have a REALLY spectacular striker on our hands. Don't forget, this is a relatively young player who has moved from the opposite side of the world, to a different culture, and been thrown (almost) straight into the toughest league in the world. Sometimes these things take time and I personally think we may have a future star player on our hands here. I might be wrong of course, but like I said, what have we got to lose at this point?

We paid enough money for Muniz and in the absence of any other solution, he deserves a prolonged run because at the very least he has a certain amount of potential that needs to be released.
As well as the fact is, what currently is the alternative when we are starved of the one thing more than any other to win matches and save matches is goals.

So would you give Jimenez the start in the hope he starts scoring or play him at 10 with Muniz at 9 or go for a speedier attack and play Iwobi + Muniz + Willian?

sarnian

If Muniz is the answer then what the hells the question because he is nowhere near the answer of a premier league centre forward.

blingo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 31, 2023, 12:26:56 PM
Quote from: blingo on October 31, 2023, 11:22:56 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 31, 2023, 08:09:29 AMIt is never too late to start believing in yourself.

Do you know
Vlad The Impaler did not even start impaling people until his mid 30s.

He hadn't realised what was at stake

A Mistake

That went straight to my heart

@jolslover

Quote from: sarnian on October 31, 2023, 04:09:25 PMIf Muniz is the answer then what the hells the question because he is nowhere near the answer of a premier league centre forward.

He has looked good in all his cameos this season against prem clubs .. Are you judging him off his spell with us in the Champ 2 years ago, where even so he was a decent backup to Mitro when called upon
STH H3

blingo

Quote from: sarnian on October 31, 2023, 04:09:25 PMIf Muniz is the answer then what the hells the question because he is nowhere near the answer of a premier league centre forward.

I think theres a very good player in there waiting to break out and we will end up being very sorry if we let him go

FFC1987

Quote from: @jolslover on October 31, 2023, 05:16:21 PM

He has looked good in all his cameos this season against prem clubs .. Are you judging him off his spell with us in the Champ 2 years ago, where even so he was a decent backup to Mitro when called upon

For what its worth, I like Muniz, seems like a good lad and want it to work out BUT, I'm not totally convinced he's the answer. He looked ok in a side that dominated teams severely with us in championship, then struggled last year in a loan. Has had glimpses of a player but really nothing we can realistically draw on.

the verdict is still, very much out on him and he has it all to prove and I wish him well with that but a failed loan can't happen again, so there's massive pressure on the lad.

S.F.Sorrow

Quote from: blingo on October 31, 2023, 05:16:33 PM

I think theres a very good player in there waiting to break out and we will end up being very sorry if we let him go

I agree.

But we won't know for certain unless he is given a run of games in the league. This needs to happen NOW, before the club panics in January and spend a lot of money on a new striker (which they will then have to use to avoid looking incompetent). At this point, when considering our other options, starting Muniz is a no-brainer IMO. It can't get much worse and the potential gain is huge.

I honestly don't understand the negative remarks about Muniz. He has hardly been given a chance and on the few occasions when he has played more than a couple of minutes he has shown glimpes of pure football magic!

Last season he looked a bit lost. His runs always seemed to go in the opposite direction to where the ball ended up. This season he has gotten into much better positions and has been VERY close to scoring goals that would have been spectacular ones. There are clear signs of improvement.

H4usuallysitting

Muniz, Traore, Wilson and Pereira running at any defence must produce goals

blingo

Remember he's only 22 and for a guy that measures 1.78 he has some spring in his jump. He needs game time. He scored 5 goals in the championship, he can do it in the prem. We lose nothing in giving him a run of a few games as our CF.

perry geyton

Quote from: blingo on November 01, 2023, 10:55:23 AMRemember he's only 22 and for a guy that measures 1.78 he has some spring in his jump. He needs game time. He scored 5 goals in the championship, he can do it in the prem. We lose nothing in giving him a run of a few games as our CF.
Go post on your own Muniz thread Bongo, leave my one alone it's far more interesting

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on November 01, 2023, 01:46:45 PM
Quote from: blingo on November 01, 2023, 10:55:23 AMRemember he's only 22 and for a guy that measures 1.78 he has some spring in his jump. He needs game time. He scored 5 goals in the championship, he can do it in the prem. We lose nothing in giving him a run of a few games as our CF.
Go post on your own Muniz thread Bongo, leave my one alone it's far more interesting

It would be if you didn't post on it  :slap: