EFL Cup Quarter Round draw

Started by St Eve, November 01, 2023, 09:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

Everton v Fulham;
Chelsea v Newcastle;
Port Vale v Middlesbrough;
Liverpool v West Ham

What a very good draw overall  Great that one of the 2 non PL teams will get through. Arguably Liverpool have the easiest of the other games, the rest look more balanced.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SerbianLad

Ideally, Fulham, Chelsea, Port Vale and West Ham will go through. Then, I'd really fancy our chances. (I still do, but this would double our chances at least imo)

KJS

Quote from: Litrecola_ on November 02, 2023, 12:37:57 AMWe have to run out the regulars for that one, keep Muniz in for sure. Bassey looked far better with Fig ROlls than Ream.
What side of the central defence did Bassey play on?

Barrett487

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on November 01, 2023, 11:13:12 PMPlayed Everton just the once in the League Cup, in 2014 and we won 2-1. Our team that day included one Scott Parker:

David Stockdale, Brede Hangeland, John Arne Riise, Philippe Senderos, Elsad Zverotić, Alex Kačaniklić, Giorgios Karagounis, Pajtim Kasami, Scott Parker, Adel Taarabt, Dimitar Berbatov

Ah! Zverotic.... always remember Danny Boi's high opinion of him  :slap: 

Dr Know

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on November 01, 2023, 11:13:12 PMPlayed Everton just the once in the League Cup, in 2014 and we won 2-1. Our team that day included one Scott Parker:

David Stockdale, Brede Hangeland, John Arne Riise, Philippe Senderos, Elsad Zverotić, Alex Kačaniklić, Giorgios Karagounis, Pajtim Kasami, Scott Parker, Adel Taarabt, Dimitar Berbatov
I think it was 2013 !

Southcoastffc

Quote from: KJS on November 02, 2023, 10:20:42 AM
Quote from: Litrecola_ on November 02, 2023, 12:37:57 AMWe have to run out the regulars for that one, keep Muniz in for sure. Bassey looked far better with Fig ROlls than Ream.
What side of the central defence did Bassey play on?
Left
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

hovewhite

Hopefully Everton will be resting a couple but even if not feel a semifinal coming on.

Fulham1959

Lots of homegrown talent  ::wink:: .

btffc

This was the 6th best possibility out of 14 total so that's pretty good. A trip to the semifinals is there for the taking.

Carborundum

I can remember the sight of Senderos simply bouncing off a running at full tilt and entirely unaffected Lukaku as if it were last season.  Deulofeu was highly impressive that night.  Wasn't entirely sure how we beat them.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Apparently, the delay in the draw was caused by a couple of illiterate and confused Gnu's who wandered into the News room by mistake.
They should of course, have been directed to the Wildebeests Room
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES