more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff - 01/11/23...

Started by WhiteJC, October 31, 2023, 11:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Ipswich Town: Dom Ball on Blues' Carabao Cup aims ahead of Fulham tie
Dom Ball has stressed the importance of Ipswich Town's Carabao Cup tie against Fulham, with a place in the quarter-finals of the competition on the line at Portman Road.

The Blues last reached this stage in the 2010/11 campaign, where they were knocked out by Arsenal over two legs in the semi-finals.

There's no reason why the Blues can't replicate such a run this season, having already seen off Bristol Rovers, Reading and Wolves to reach the fourth round.

Ball is certainly confident going into the game against the Cottagers, knowing that his side can make history by continuing to defy the odds against some of the strongest sides in the country in order to reach the latter stages.

"We all know that it's a great opportunity to get into a quarter-final," he said.

"I'm not sure how many of the squad have got into a quarter-final in a cup before, but I haven't. That's definitely motivation for me.

"Even after that, if we can get through it, getting into a semi-final and playing at Wembley would be amazing."

The 3-2 win against Wolves showed that there's a significant gap in quality between sides in the Premier League and the teams that Ipswich face in the Championship every week.

Nonetheless, they were still able to come from 2-0 down to progress in the Carabao Cup, showing that they can match almost anyone at Portman Road.

Ball knows that they'll have to be at their best to do it against Fulham, however, given that the Cottagers boast a strong squad that has managed to consolidate at a higher level.

"For me, having watched it [the Championship] a lot and having played in it a bit, it's the quality, especially in terms of the attacking," the midfielder said about the difference between the Championship and the top flight.

"I think you saw it against Wolves with Hee-Chan Hwang. 15 minutes in and we're 2-0 down, you can see the quality. He does that every other week in the Prem.

"It's the same with Leeds, you look at the attacking options they have. I think we've realised that we've got to step up well, we've got to step up to that defensively. I think we've shown that.

"That's what I've seen as the level goes up, but that's the level we need to be at, so we've got to match that."

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23891945.ipswich-town-dom-ball-blues-carabao-cup-aims-ahead-fulham-tie/

WhiteJC

Ipswich Town man set to make debut in Fulham cup clash, coach says
Ipswich Town summer signing Axel Tuanzebe is set to make his debut in the EFL Cup clash against Fulham, assistant manager Martyn Pert has said.

Ipswich Town added centre-back Tuanzebe to their ranks in September, bringing him in on a free transfer. He left Manchester United in the summer and after plenty of speculation, he ended up reuniting with ex-Red Devils coach Kieran McKenna at Portman Road.

The 25-year-old is yet to make an appearance for Town as he's been working his way back to full fitness after a spell out of the game and a back injury. But now, he's set for a big step forward.

Speaking prior to the EFL Cup clash with Fulham on Wednesday night (as relayed by TWTD), McKenna's no.2 Pert stated that Tuanzebe is in line for a debut. Goalkeeper Christian Walton could make a return from injury as well, with the assistant boss saying:

"They've been training really well for the last month.

"Axel's obviously been in since the early part of September. Has trained really well, built that foundation there that he can get some minutes in the game."

A big moment
After a spell without a club and a stint on the sidelines with a back injury, a return to action for Tuanzebe makes for a big moment. It's the first time he'll be playing at a permanent home away from Manchester United too after such a long time on the books at Old Trafford, gaining experience out on loan while also being involved in their senior plans.

He's an exciting player to have available following his spell out and given just how highly he was touted at Manchester United, the hope will be that McKenna can get the best out of him and turn him into a real star player.

His return alongside Christian Walton makes for two big decisions for McKenna and co. They'll be hoping they pay off too as Ipswich Town eye up a spot in the EFL Cup quarter-finals.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/10/31/ipswich-town-man-set-to-make-debut-in-fulham-cup-clash-coach-says/

WhiteJC

Ipswich Town vs Fulham: 5 players who could dictate the game as Town look for EFL Cup shock
Ipswich Town vs Fulham takes place in the EFL Cup on Wednesday night.

Ipswich Town pulled off an upset against Premier League opposition in the last round of the EFL Cup and they'll be keen to do so again on Wednesday night. Fulham are coming to Portman Road after Wolves were beaten in East Anglia earlier this season.

The Tractor Boys are in flying form, setting 2nd in the Championship. Meanwhile, Fulham are 14th in the Premier League table with 12 points to their name from 10 games.

But just who could dictate Ipswich Town vs Fulham? We take a look at five players who could be key here...

Christian Walton
This selection may catch some off guard, but Martyn Pert suggested pre-game that fit-again goalkeeper Walton will be returning against Fulham. He'll have a tough task keeping a Premier League side quiet on his return but if he can do just that, it will go a long way to securing a place in the quarter-finals.

Andreas Pereira
When Fulham are on their game, Brazilian playmaker Pereira is usually central to their success.

He's a real creative force for Marco Silva's side and his dead-ball ability means that Ipswich will need to be careful with conceding unnecessary set-pieces, be it free-kicks or corners.

Leif Davis
Davis is one of the main creators for Ipswich Town and on the left-hand side, he often finds real joy. After the weekend win over Plymouth Argyle, the ex-Leeds United youngster now has a stunning eight assists to his name in 12 Championship games, from left-back.

Davis will create chances, it's just down to the starting striker to put them home.

Joao Palhinha
If Palhinha isn't rested, the battle between him and Sam Morsy and Massimo Luongo could be key to this game. The Portuguese star is fantastic at breaking down attacks before they can get started and he's a player on another level to the rest of the Fulham squad.

He started both EFL Cup games earlier in the season, so you would think he'll be involved in this stern task too.

Nathan Broadhead
Last but not least is Ipswich Town talisman Broadhead, who is developing really well at Portman Road. His ability to cut in means not only the full-backs but the centre-backs and defensive midfielders will have to be on their game when up against him.

Broadhead has six goals in 11 Championship games now.

https://the72.co.uk/2023/10/31/ipswich-town-vs-fulham-5-players-who-could-dictate-the-game-as-town-look-for-efl-cup-shock/

WhiteJC

Pert: Enjoyable Short Spell at Fulham
Martyn Pert will be facing one of his old clubs when Town take on Fulham in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday, the much-travelled Blues' assistant manager having spent time at Craven Cottage earlier in a career which has also taken him to the US and the NBA.

Pert, 45, says he worked with the Whites in the second half of the 2008/09 campaign.

"I'd been at Watford and left Watford and Mark Taylor, who'd worked with Sam Allardyce at Bolton [as head of sports science and medicine] when they were on that trajectory of doing really well.

"Just after Sam had gone to Newcastle, Mark had gone to Fulham [as head of sports medicine and exercise science] and he brought me in to look after players moving from injury to when they were just really ready for the manager [Roy Hodgson], so that gap in between. It was football conditioning, really.

"It was enjoyable six months, I think it was only five or six months, it was a good, good club I liked it."

Pert has also spent time working at West Brom, Watford, Cambridge, Coventry, Cardiff, with the Bahraini national team, the Vancouver Whitecaps and other clubs in addition to Manchester United from whom he joined the Blues, following manager Kieran McKenna from Old Trafford in December 2021.

He added: "All the clubs I've enjoyed every moment of it, so I've been very lucky.

"You hope to develop and grow every day. I still try and develop and grow in every session, even the session that I put on today, try and improve it, be better all the time. Try anyway."

How do you look at what other clubs are doing in general throughout the season or preparing for a game like Wednesday's?

"I think there are probably two separate answers," he reflected. "I think you're always looking to improve yourself as a coach. Certainly, we are here," he continued.

"We're always looking at different sports and obviously mainly focused on football and looking at different teams and best practice all the time to try and improve.

"But then I think when you actually get down to the week, you're then really planning based on your players and based on the opposition. So you don't necessarily use that transfer straight into the week.

"But you're definitely always looking to improve by looking outside of your sport and also looking inside of the best coaches around.

"So I don't think it really goes into your week for the Fulham game. But I suppose in the background it builds that sort of knowledge to really then go into the week in terms of preparing the drills and what you're going to go and face on Wednesday and then on Saturday as well."

Pert's travels haven't just taken him to football clubs. After a brief stint at West Brom, he spent time with NBA club the Miami Heat.

"It was a long time ago, so I'll try and remember a little bit about it," he said when quizzed on his time in the US.

"Basically, in 2004, I went to North America to look at different sports teams and how they were organised and to see different types of coaching and that type of thing.

"Part of that trip was I spent three months down in Miami with the Miami Heat, basically on an internship. Not even that really, it was just basically observing and helping. So I got to experience that, and obviously, I've still followed it.

"Pat Riley was a general manager, who is quite famous in the NBA, and it was quite interesting to see him in terms of how he ran the sports team at the time.

"And also they had Shaquille O'Neal and Dwayne Wade and people like that, so really talented players.

"One of the owners of [MLS side] the Vancouver Whitecaps is [former basketball player] Steve Nash, who I've ended up becoming quite good friends with, so I've still really followed it quite closely.

"I went and worked at Vancouver Whitecaps and that's how I got to know Steve Nash. I've some friends from different places that I've visited and still remain friends."

Reflecting further on how his time in the States came about, he added: "I was working at West Brom and then I lost my job because of a coaching change there, and I thought 'what am I going to do with my time in order to develop myself as a coach?'. So I just decided to go to North America.

"I flew into Montreal and then just visited different sports teams all the way down to Rio and then flew home from there. I didn't think it was a huge decision at the time and I just felt it was just something I wanted to do.

"It was a valuable experience and I've probably forgotten most of what I learned 20 years on. But it was a good experience at the time."

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/45912/pert-enjoyable-short-spell-at-fulham

WhiteJC

Pert: It'll Be a Challenge, But One We're Looking Forward To
Town host Premier League Fulham at Portman Road in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup on Wednesday night aiming to reach the quarter-finals for the first time since 2010/11.

The Blues, second in the Championship, have already beaten one Premier League team in the competition, Wolves, who they came from behind to defeat 3-2 in the previous round, and a second top flight scalp would add further gloss to what's already been a very impressive first few months of the season.

Reflecting on the run so far, in which Town have also knocked out League One pair Bristol Rovers and Reading, assistant manager Martyn Pert said: "I've enjoyed the games. I haven't really thought too much about the run until you actually get to the next game and you think, 'Oh yeah, we've won three games already'.

"It's been really good for the players that have played in those games because a lot of the league games have been similar types of teams.

"It's been really good for everyone to get minutes and they have also been minutes that have been successful on the pitch, so it's been really good in that respect.

"And, of course, you're looking forward to a Premier League team coming to Portman Road on a Wednesday night, which is exciting."

Asked whether the manner of the victory over Wolves, overturning a two-goal deficit to beat a Premier League side, gave the Blues confidence, he added: "Obviously, you don't plan to go 2-0 down in the game and they scored two quick goals, but actually we'd started the game OK.

"I think the confidence was from the fact that we'd actually started the game OK, but with the quality they have, they scored from a set piece and they scored another goal, and you're 2-0 down.

"But I think the lads still believed in themselves at that point and there was a long enough period to come back into the game, and then Omari [Hutchinson] gets the goal and then it took off from there.

"I felt like the second goal was definitely coming and the confidence was in the group. It was 2-2 going into half-time and then Jack Taylor scores a great goal to win it.

"It was a tight second half, to be fair. They put a lot of pressure on us, but we played well, and Jack scored a great goal."

Looking ahead to Wednesday's game, he added: "I'm really looking forward to Fulham. I worked there in 2009 for a short period of time, so it's always nice to play against teams that you haven't really faced that often recently.

"It's nice to play them and they've got a lot of good players coming to Portman Road. It'll be a challenge for us, but one we're looking forward to."

Fulham finished 10th in the Premier League last season, their first campaign in the top flight following their romp to the Championship title in 2021/22.

Quizzed on whether the Cottagers are an example to clubs at the top of the Championship that they won't necessarily struggle in the Premier League, Pert said: "I think they're slightly different in they had previously had a really good spell in the Premier League and they've sort of bounced up and down between the Championship and the Premier League over the last sort of 10 years.

"And then obviously they had the really successful season under [current manager] Marco Silva when they were the best team [in the Championship] by a good distance.

"They're slightly different to us, but going up they were strong in the Championship and I felt they were going to be alright last year, and they had a really good season. So they've got a strong group of players and a really good coach."

Town have made wholesale changes for all their Carabao Cup ties so far but without any discernible drop in quality or performance.

Pert says that's down to the team themselves: "I think it's the players. They're training really well every day.

"The standards that they set in terms of what they put out on a daily basis on the training pitch gives them the foundation to then go into a game even if they haven't played for two or three weeks.

"So I think it's obviously us putting the training plan in place, but the players' application is top drawer here and that's what gives them the chance to go and perform."

Pert says boss McKenna is yet to select his XI for Wednesday: "I don't think the manager's gone that far yet. He's just gone through the prep in terms of how he thinks Fulham will play in terms of their style of playing and then we'll get down to naming the team and picking the team at some point."

The Blues assistant boss says he's not thought about the potential meeting with bigger Premier League side should they defeat Fulham.

"I think this is a big game, so I'm just looking forward to this one," he said. "Fulham are a good-sized Premier League team with some really good players and I'm looking forward to playing them and not thinking too much about outcomes.

"Just thinking about delivering a performance and seeing what happens after the end of the game."

Similarly, he's not considered the prospect of the Blues being in the quarter-finals of the competition.

"That's probably the first time I've thought about it," he said. "But I just think we just take each game as it comes and then really get excited for the prep and the planning and going into the game, and take it head on and then you worry about the outcome once the game's over."

McKenna is all but certain to make the wholesale changes he has for previous games in the competition, particularly with three Championship games in eight days coming up, starting with the trip to Birmingham on Saturday.

Christian Walton looks set to make his first appearance of the season in goal having recovered from the plantar fascia tear he suffered in pre-season.

In front of him, Axel Tuanzebe is likely to make his Town debut at the centre of the defence, probably alongside Cameron Burgess, who was left out of Saturday's 3-2 victory over Plymouth.

Harry Clarke will probably be at right-back with Janoi Donacien perhaps starting on the left of the back four.

Dom Ball could partner Jack Taylor in the centre of the midfield with Kayden Jackson, Marcus Harness and Cameron Humphreys perhaps the three behind striker Freddie Ladapo. Town are likely to name a strong bench, as they have done in previous matches in the competition.

Fulham currently sit in 14th in the Premier League having taken 12 points from their first 10 games. On their travels, they have won one, drawn three and lost two.

In the Carabao Cup, they beat Tottenham 5-3 on penalties following a 1-1 draw at Craven Cottage in the second round, a game in which Blues loan striker Dane Scarlett came on as a half-time sub, meaning he is ineligible for Wednesday's tie.

The Whites then defeated Norwich City 2-1 at home in round three to set up their visit to Portman Road.

Fulham boss Marco Silva has been hugely impressed by the job his Town counterpart McKenna has done with the Blues.

"All the credits for them for what they have been doing," he told the Cottagers' club site. "A team that was promoted to the Championship, and the way they have been playing, not just the results they've been achieving which have been great for their football club, but the way they have been doing it is really impressive.

"All credit for the players, for the staff, for Kieran as well, because it's not easy. I know the competition and I know really well what it means to be so consistent in a competition like the Championship, and they have been showing that.

"Even in the Carabao Cup, the way they have beaten a Premier League club in the last round showed their quality, showed how they have been playing.

"Their confidence is probably as high as possible, and it's going to be tough for us, but our run in the Carabao has been really good. We have been a really serious and ambitious team.

"We had two different games against Tottenham at home, where we did it really well, and against Norwich [it was] a proper Carabao Cup game, a tough game to play against Norwich where we did well.

"We want to keep in the competition. It's going to be tough and we have to do our best to go through."

Having drawn 1-1 at Brighton on Sunday and with a home game against Manchester United on Saturday, Silva admits he will have to utilise his squad for the trip to Suffolk.

"It probably can happen," he continued. "It's not something new for us, if you look at the last two games that we played in the Carabao Cup, we did it.

"We look at the competition as a really good competition for us to always do our best to go through.

"It's a slightly different scenario this week because we played last Sunday, we're going to play on Wednesday and [then have an] early kick-off on Saturday. It's slightly different, and we are going to prepare the team as best we can.

"We have to look at some players that have some risk of injury or something like that, because the time between games is really, really short.

"In some positions we can rotate because we have the solutions. Unfortunately, in the other [positions], because of some injured players we don't have so many solutions and we need to be careful about some players."

Centre-halves Issa Diop (foot) and Tosin Adarabioyo (groin) are currently sidelined, while winger Adama Traore is back in training but not ready to be involved at Portman Road.

Right-back Kenny Tete and forward Carlos Vinicius could be among those to come into the team as Garcia makes changes.

If the match is level at 90 minutes, as at Reading earlier in the competition, it will go straight to a penalty shootout.

The draw for the quarter-finals, which the Blues last reached in 2010/11 when they eventually made it to the semi-finals before losing 3-1 to Arsenal over two legs, will take place live on Sky Sports following the round four tie between Manchester United and Newcastle United on Wednesday evening. Quarter-final ties will be played in the week commencing 18th December.

Historically, the Blues have been victorious on nine occasions in games between the teams (six in the league), Fulham on 13 (11) and with eight (six) games ending in draws.

The Blues and the Cottagers last met in the Carabao Cup at the second-round stage in September 2020 when Aleksandar Mitrovic's 38th-minute goal was enough to see Premier League side to a 1-0 win.

The Serbian headed home his 50th goal for the Cottagers from Kenny Tete's excellent cross from the right and their victory was never under any serious threat.

The teams also met in the League Cup in the 1996/97 season when the first leg at Craven Cottage ended 1-1 with the locally-born Simon Milton netting a stunner for Town.

At Portman Road, the Blues ran out 4-2 victors with Alex Mathie scoring twice and Danny Sonner and Steve Sedgley (pen), who also conceded an own goal, once each.

The teams also faced one another in the competition in 1973/74 when initial tie in London ended 2-2 - Trevor Whymark and Clive Woods the Town scorers - and the replay at Portman Road 2-1 to Bobby Robson's side with Colin Harper and Colin Viljoen on target.

Blues forward Sone Aluko was with Fulham between 2016 and 2017, making 53 starts and one sub appearance, scoring nine times.

Central defender Cameron Burgess joined the Fulham academy in 2011 and went on to make his senior debut for the Whites on the opening day of the 2014/15 season against Town at Portman Road in a game the Blues won 2-1.

Assistant boss Pert spent six months working as a conditioning coach with Fulham in 2009.

Head of analysis Charlie Turnbull was with the Whites until he moved to Portman Road in December 2021. Turnbull was U23s assistant coach and analyst with the Cottagers having joined them from Spurs in 2016 and having progressed through from working with the U13s and U14s.

Former Town midfielder Brian Talbot is the assistant director of football at Craven Cottage, where he briefly played late on in his career.

Tuesday's referee is Lewis Smith from Wigan, who has shown 68 yellow cards and three red in 16 games so far this season.

Smith's only previous Town match was the second-round Carabao Cup tie at Reading, which the Blues won 3-1 on penalties after a 2-2 draw. Smith booked Edmundson, Lee Evans, Cameron Humphreys and two home players. Wednesday's game will be the first time he has refereed a Premier League club.

Squad from: Walton, Hladky, Clarke, Donacien, Williams, Davis, Tuanzebe, Burgess, Woolfenden, Edmundson, Baggott, Morsy, Ball, Taylor, Luongo, Humphreys, Jackson, Chaplin, Broadhead, Harness, Aluko, Hutchinson, Ladapo, Hirst.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/45914/pert-itll-be-a-challenge-but-one-were-looking-forward-to

WhiteJC

Fulham 'keeping tabs on Gent striker Gift Orban'
Fulham are reportedly interested in signing Gent forward Gift Orban.

The Cottagers are still searching for Aleksandar Mitrovic's replacement following the Serbian's summer move to Saudi Arabian club Al-Hilal.

Raul Jimenez, who arrived from Wolverhampton Wanderers in the summer, has been unable to fill the void left by Mitrovic, having failed to score in 10 competitive matches.

Carlos Vinicius and Rodrigo Muniz have also featured this season, but neither of the pair are regarded as starters by Fulham boss Marco Silva.

Fulham's failure to replace Mitrovic has seen them struggle in the final third, having mustered nine goals in 10 league games - only four teams have scored fewer.

With the Cottagers on the lookout for a new striker, TEAMtalk are reporting that Orban has been identified as a potential target.

Orban scored 19 goals in 24 competitive games for Norwegian side Stabaek, before completing a move to Gent in January.

Since joining the Belgian club, the 21-year-old has gone on to score 27 goals in 38 matches across all competitions.

The Gent forward was previously been linked with a move to fellow London side Tottenham Hotspur during the summer transfer window.

With the forward under contract until June 2027, Genk are in a strong position when it comes to negotiating a potential sale.

In addition to Orban, Fulham were recently linked with a move for Stuttgart striker Serhou Guirassy, who has begun the campaign in scintillating form.

The Guinea international is currently leading the Bundesliga scoring charts ahead of Bayern Munich's Harry Kane after racking up 14 goals in eight league matches.

Fulham, meanwhile, are currently preparing to face Championship side Ipswich Town in the fourth round of the EFL Cup on Wednesday.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/spurs/transfer-talk/news/fulham-keeping-tabs-on-gent-striker-gift-orban_527868.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Ball: Wolves Was a Great Result, Now We Want Another Against Fulham
Town's Dom Ball is relishing the chance to help Town advance to the last eight of the Carabao Cup if, as expected, he is included in manager Kieran McKenna's starting line-up for the fourth-round clash with Fulham tomorrow night at Portman Road.

Ball said: "The Carabao Cup run has been brilliant and a night like tomorrow against Fulham is something to relish. We need massive games like this as a squad if we're going to progress because we need to perform and play against the bigger teams.

"We've shown that this season against teams that have come down and against Wolves in the previous round, so we will go out and try to do the same thing against Fulham.

"You saw it against Wolves, when we were 2-0 down, that there was no lack of belief, and I'm talking about the supporters as well as the players.

"They gave us great backing that night and even at 2-0 we didn't change the way we play. We still created chances and the belief and the confidence, because we've done it for a while, made it happen. It was a great result for us and now we want another one against Fulham."

Ball has started Town's previous three games in the EFL competition, against Bristol Rovers, Reading and Wolves, and it would be a major shock if he was not included to face Fulham, as the Blues boss is expected to make a number of changes following Saturday's 3-2 home league win over Plymouth Argyle, a game in which the former QPR player was an unused substitute.

McKenna's tendency to ring the changes for the Carabao Cup ties has paid off so far and Town's success is a tribute to those involved, most of whom – Ball included – have had to make do with appearances from the bench in the club's 12 league games, which have yielded 10 wins, one draw and one defeat, an amazing record for a newly-promoted side.

Asked about the difference since Town stepped up from League One last season, Ball said: "Having watched a lot of football this season, and also played in a few games, I think it's the quality of the attacking.

"You saw that in the Wolves game, when we were two goals down in the first 15 minutes. Hee-Chan Hwang scored the first and I've seen him score in the Prem as well every other week.

"The same with, maybe, Leeds and the attacking options they have, and I think we've just realised that we need to step up as well defensively, which I think we've shown.

"I think that's definitely what I've seen as the level goes up and that's the level we need to be at, so we've got to match that.

"The squad has definitely stepped up a level in training. Individually and as a group, we are always looking to improve, and if we are not doing that it will be made clear to us by the manager.

"Every day we are striving to reach the highest level we can and that's how we can compete with the top teams.

"When you get promoted, you're probably looking at it statistically in terms of how other promoted teams have done. It's not normally the case that teams have done as well as we have done in terms of results, which is probably why we haven't looked at the results that much.

"We don't focus on it and we don't look at the league table that much. We're more about our performances and we have carried them on from last year, with little areas where we've stepped up, but we're still running hard, we're still tackling hard and we're defensively organised. It's just that we've added a bit more from last year.

"We're really enjoying it. We're staying really humble and working really hard, even during the international breaks. They actually provide us with an opportunity to work even harder and every time we go onto the pitch the main thing is to do that, putting all the good work done on the training ground into good use in the games.

"The results have been coming as a result of all the good work that is done on the training ground, so we need to continue to do that. After Plymouth took an early lead against us on Saturday the fans stayed patient and continued to back us, which I think comes from our belief and our never-say-die attitude.

"It is engrained into us, even in training. We never give up, either individually or as a team. We're probably more performance-based anyway and we can control that to a certain extent.

"If we start looking at results, and even the league table, it could become very difficult for us. We focus on our performances, individually and collectively, and that has been part of the process since the manager came in."

Reflecting more on Saturday's success, which he watched from the dugout area, Ball added: "Plymouth have always made it quite comfortable – they're just one of those teams, you know – and last year we didn't get a win over them in League One. So, it was definitely very sweet the other day because we had that extra motivation to get a result.

"It was incredible last season, the promotion race, and I didn't doubt that we would both perform the way we have done this season. Every single game in the Championship is tough and they all offer different challenges. I think that's where we've been quite good.

"We know there is very little margin for error at this level. We have enough boys in the squad who have experienced it earlier in their careers and know how relentless it can be.

"All we can do is prepare as well as we can, which we do, and it's really showing this season. We all know we have to continue in the same way right through to the end."

While Ball has played at right-back in all three of Town's previous Carabao Cup successes this season, when asked what he considers to be his best position these days, he admitted: "I'd say central midfield, although there was a period when I didn't know where I was going to be on the training ground.

"You haven't seen me as a striker yet, so you never know, maybe! But seriously, I'd say central midfield but I've also played centre-half and right-back throughout my career.

"I think the versatility can help you as a player in a squad like this, but at this point I'm focused on central midfield and when the time comes to play, I'll be ready."

Ball recalled his time as a youngster at Tottenham when he first came across McKenna, himself a former Spurs youngster whose own playing career was cut short due to injury and saw him instead turn to coaching.

He remembered: "It was when I was 17 that I worked with him in the youth team and as a young player then I thought he was a really good coach.

"When I went to Spurs they were all top coaches and he was one of the last ones I worked with before I moved on.

"I can see how I have developed as a player over the last 10 years or so but as a coach he's also developed and there's no better place for him to be. He's worked at first-team level with Manchester United and I was really happy when he came here.

"I've seen from close quarters the quality and intensity of his training, which he has engrained in everyone here, while the performances and the results speak for themselves."

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/45915/ball-wolves-was-a-great-result-now-we-want-another-against-fulham

WhiteJC

£8.8m man returns, Silva to make six changes: Fulham predicted XI to face Ipswich Town tomorrow
Fulham manager Marco Silva has some big decisions to make when it comes to his team selection for their clash against Ipswich Town in the Carabao Cup tomorrow evening.

Silva spoke to the press this morning and provided more details on who might be available for the trip to Portman Road.

More details were shared by journalist Peter Rutzler who posted on social media and said: "Team news. Silva said that Carlos Vinicius is available, Kenny Tete could be in the squad while Adama Traore is back in training but not available.

"Tosin/Diop out, the latter more likely to return post international break."

This does somewhat limit Silva's options in some areas and there are some key decisions that need to be made.

The 1-1 draw with Brighton at the Amex on Sunday was a decent result, especially considering how poor Fulham were in the first half.

Striker Raul Jimenez once again failed to find the back of the net and wasn't pleased when he was withdrawn before the hour mark.

Silva's triple substitution at that stage of the match might give Fulham fans an idea of the team he could pick to face Ipswich.

There are also some key players who may be rested for Saturday's early kick-off against Manchester United.

However, a chance to reach the quarter-finals of another cup competition shouldn't be taken lightly against one of the most in-form teams in the country.

Predicted Fulham team to face Ipswich
Bernd Leno has been sensational in the league but he will likely drop out for Marek Rodak who has been Marco Silva's designated cup goalkeeper as Steven Benda continues to wait for his debut.

There are not many changes Silva can make to his defence due to the current injuries in the squad.

Luc de Fougerolles and Devan Tanton were both on the bench against Brighton but the only change is likely to be Fode Ballo-Toure coming in for Antonee Robinson.

Joao Palhinha is so essential to Fulham's fortunes that he may drop out of the side with £8.8m midfielder Sasa Lukic deployed in a deeper role.

Harrison Reed and Andreas Pereira could play ahead of the Serbian with the Brazilian looking to build on a strong performance at the Amex off the bench.

In attack, Willian started against Norwich in the last round and should get the nod against Ipswich with Harry Wilson the other wide forward in the Fulham team.

Raul Jimenez did nothing to retain his place in the side and with Carlos Vinicius only just returning to full fitness, a second cup start of the season for Rodrigo Muniz is on the cards.

His energy against The Seagulls helped change the game and that much-needed goal can't be too far away.

Silva might name the likes of Luke Harris on the bench but will also want the Palhinha and Alex Iwobi available to change the game if necessary.

https://www.fulham.news/2023/10/31/8-8m-man-returns-silva-to-make-six-changes-fulham-predicted-xi-to-face-ipswich-town-tomorrow/

WhiteJC

Ipswich Town vs Fulham Preview: Probable Lineups, Prediction, Tactics, Team News & Key Stats
Ipswich Town will hope to catch Premier League side Fulham off guard in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday night.

Premier League side Fulham will travel to Portman Road Stadium on Wednesday night to face Ipswich Town, knowing full well that a spot in the quarter finals of the Carabao Cup is theirs to lose.

Marco Silva's side are the only side to get the better of Tottenham Hotspur this season. While technically, Spurs are yet unbeaten in a game lasting 90 minutes, the Cottagers' win over them in the previous round on penalties is the only blemish on Ange Postecoglou's Spurs CV so far.

Ipswich Town, on the other hand, are also enjoying a fine campaign in the second tier of English football. Kieran McKenna's men are in second spot in the EFL Championship, five points off leaders Leicester City with a game in hand.

The Tractor Boys will be keen to keep up their efforts to secure promotion to the Premier League. But the EFL Cup presents with itself a fine distraction. This is the first time since the 2010/11 season that Ipswich have gotten to the fourth round and will fancy their chances with home support in boot.

Having beaten Premier League side Wolverhampton Wanderers last time around, Ipswich will go into the clash with confidence. Fulham will be a far more formidable side than the Molineux outfit. But the home side could make use of momentum to their benefit. The Hard Tackle looks at how both sides could line up on Sunday and what tactics they might employ.

Team News & Tactics
Ipswich Town
The Championship side have never won the competition in their history, falling at the semifinal hurdle four times. The most recent of them came in 2010/11 when they fell to Arsenal 3-1 on aggregate.

Kieran McKenna will be wary of losing momentum should Ipswich Town succumb to defeat on the night. With a spot in the last eight up for grabs, Portman Road will be buzzing. The Championship side is a happy place to be at right now, and it shows.

The Tractor Boys have won 14 of their 16 games in all competitions this season. Having only come up from League One, they are unfazed by the challenge and should once again take the game to their illustrious opponents.

Lee Evans is out injured for the home side. He picked up a booking against Wolves and would have sat the game out owing to suspension, even if he had been fit. He could be joined by Elkan Baggott who is nursing a back issue.

It is not all bad news as McKenna will welcome back Freddie Ladapo and Axel Tuanzebe, both of who made the bench against Plymouth Argyle. They were unused substitutes on the night and it remains to be seen if they will get minutes this time around.

The 4-2-3-1 formation is likely to be retained with Vaclav Hladky in goal. He should be protected by the back four of Harry Clarke, George Edmundson, Luke Woolfenden and Brandon Williams.

Jack Taylor and Sam Morsy should form the double picot, providing the trio of Marcus Harness, Omari Hutchinson and Freddie Ladapo the freedom to push forward. George Hirst found the back of the net at the weekend and should retain his spot upfront.

Probable Lineup (4-2-3-1): Hladky; Clarke, Edmundson, Woolfenden, Williams; Morsy, Taylor; Harness, Hutchinson, Ladapo; Hirst

Fulham
The Cottagers will be upbeat after getting the better of Tottenham in the last round. A trip to Ipswich is unlikely to be easy, and Marco Silva will hope that his side won't take their foot off the gas like Wolverhampton Wanderers in the third round.

Fulham will be aiming to secure qualification to the last eight of the competition for the first time since 2004/05. The West Londoners have never progressed beyond the quarter-finals of the competition and now have the opportunity to match it on the night.

While Fulham go into the clash on the back of two winless games, they will have cause for optimism given the well earned point at the Amex last weekend. The Premier League side go into the match as favourites and know the onus will be on them to get the job done.

Vinicius was unavailable at the weekend and is far from certain to feature against Ipswich. Adama Traore and Kenny Tete are also out injured, while Issa Diop and Tosin Adarabioyo also remain on the sidelines.

Silva is likely to retain his 4-3-3 formation, with Bernd Leno in goal. He will be protected by the defensive quartet of Timothy Castagne, Calvin Bassey, Tim Ream and Fode Ballo-Toure.

Palhinha will once again be expected to mop up in midfield, giving Tom Cairney and Andreas Pereira the freedom to push forward. Willian and Alex Iwobi should provide the width while Raul Jimenez starting upfront.

Probable Lineup (4-3-3): Rodak; Castagne, Bassey, Ream, Ballo-Toure; Cairney, Palhinha, Pereira; Willian, Jimenez, Iwobi

Key Stats

Ipswich Town have lost just one game across all competitions so far this season.
    Fulham are winless in their last two matches across all competitions.
    Neither Ipswich Town nor Fulham have won the League Cup in their history.
    Neither Ipswich Town nor Fulham have made it to the last eight of the League Cup or beyond since 2010/11. Ipswich made it to the last four that season, losing to Arsenal 3-1 on aggregate.

Player to Watch
Joao Palhinha

The Portuguese ace is Fulham's go-to man and continues to earn plaudits with some sensational performances in the middle of the park. He scored at the weekend and will be buzzing ahead of the January transfer window in 2024.

An energetic presence in midfield, Palhinha will be the player holding the side together for the visitors. Strong in both attack and defence, the 28-year-old is arguably the biggest difference maker on the field from both sides' rosters.

Prediction
Ipswich Town 1-2 Fulham
It promises to be an exciting clash between two teams aiming for a win. Ipswich have the home support but Fulham's experience and now how should balance the deficit out. In the end, the visitors' strength in depth should see them over the line. The Hard Tackle predicts a 2-1 win for Marco Silva and his charges.

https://thehardtackle.com/round-up/2023/11/01/ipswich-town-vs-fulham-carabao-cup-match-preview/

WhiteJC

What's happening this week at United?
Manchester United have another busy seven days ahead, following an emotional week of tributes in honour of club legend Sir Bobby Charlton.

The Reds will make it three consecutive home games when we welcome Newcastle United to Old Trafford in midweek, before both our men's and women's teams head on their travels at the weekend.

We will discover our Players of the Month for October while the visit of the Magpies marks the start of an action-packed November for the Reds, in a week where we'll also commemorate other anniversaries and notable moments from across the club.

Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about the week ahead for United...

MONDAY
Reaction to and action from the 191st Manchester derby is available on ManUtd.com and in the official Man United app.

Get the verdicts of Erik ten Hag and Jonny Evans, and watch the key moments from the game.

TUESDAY
Our attention will turn away from the Manchester derby and towards our continued defence of the Carabao Cup, as the Reds look to overcome Newcastle in Wednesday night's fourth-round tie at the Theatre of Dreams.

The manager will host his pre-match press conference on Tuesday, which fans will be able to watch on our website and in the app, and read all the key quotes and takeaways from his media briefing.

Our first match of the week, though – and final outing of October – will see our Under-21s make the short journey to Salford City in the Papa John's Trophy (19:30 GMT).

Supporters can follow live coverage in our app and website, with a match summary and video highlights also to follow in the aftermath of the game. Reds will also be able to find out all the details on how to vote for your men's and women's players of the month for October on Tuesday.

WEDNESDAY
Our men's team will welcome Eddie Howe's Newcastle to M16 in the Carabao Cup for a repeat of last season's showpiece final, when the Reds ran out 2-0 winners.

ManUtd.com and our official app will house all the pre-match content you need, including exclusive interviews with the first-team squad, Ten Hag and much more.

During the game, fans can follow live in-game radio and text commentary in our app, as well as reaction after the contest. In a 20:15 GMT kick-off, this game will also be shown live on Sky Sports in the United Kingdom, and the fifth-round draw will be broadcast live after the game too – when the winner of the tie will discover their next Carabao Cup opponents.

We will also launch our Goal of the Month poll with details of how fans can vote for their favourite Reds strike from October.

THURSDAY
We will continue to look back on our Carabao Cup tie with plenty of post-match content to keep you engaged on ManUtd.com and in our app, including interviews, highlights and more.

But fans will also be able to start looking ahead to our next game, away to Fulham on Saturday, as we report the latest news from the United camp before making the trip to the capital at the weekend.

FRIDAY
The build-up to the weekend intensifies as our men's and women's team bosses host pre-match conferences ahead of trips to Fulham and Brighton, respectively.

You can get the latest from both Ten Hag and Marc Skinner's media briefings on ManUtd.com and in our app, and updates and pre-match training content from both camps.

On Friday, we will also reveal our Player of the Month and Goal of the Month winners from both our men's and women's teams.

While the weekend's action is set to be away from Old Trafford, more than 100 supporters will spend the night sleeping rough inside our famous home on Friday evening in aid of Manchester United Foundation and local charity Centrepoint, to show solidarity with young people facing hardship this winter. Find out more, and how to donate.

SATURDAY
Our men's team contest the early kick-off in the Premier League, facing Fulham at Craven Cottage (12:30 GMT) – not far short of a year on from Alejandro Garnacho scoring the winning goal in this fixture last season.

The game is being shown live on TNT Sports in the UK, while radio commentary and in-game text updates will be available throughout on ManUtd.com and in our app. We will also have all the reaction from central London, including interviews and highlights.

Meanwhile, our Under-21s host Everton at Carrington (12:00 GMT kick-off).

SUNDAY
Attentions turn to our women's team, who return to WSL action following the international break. Skinner takes his side to Broadfield Stadium in Crawley to face Brighton & Hove Albion (18:45 GMT).

The game is being shown live on Sky Sports in the UK, while more coverage will be available on ManUtd.com and in our app during the contest, too – and fans can stay tuned to analysis following the game across our official channels.

We will also provide reaction to Ten Hag's team facing Fulham, with comprehensive and short highlights, a full-match replay, and manager and player interviews just some of what you can expect following our latest trip to the capital.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/this-week-at-man-utd-from-week-commencing-30-october-2023

WhiteJC

Fulham U21s finish off Feyenoord
George Okkas, Ollie O'Neill and Aaron Loupalo-Bi scored the goals as a youthful Fulham under 21s side beat Feyenoord 3-1 to get their Premier League International Cup campaign off to a winning start at a wet Motspur Park last night.

Hayden Mullins gave some of the promising under-18 talent a chance to step up an age-group level against continental opposition as he rotated his squad in the midst of a busy schedule. Brad de Jesus made his first start at under-21 level alongside Callum Osmand, who was rewarded for a number of quality cameos off the bench. Promising winger Lemar Gordon also started an under-21 game for the first time after some superb showings for Ali Melloul's under-18 outfit and perhaps predictably it was the visitors who settled first.

Teenage centre forward Nesto Groen had the Dutch giants' first effort at the goal, swerving a shot over Alex Borto's bar after darting dangerously inside. But the Whites replied in the perfect manner, taking the lead from their first serious attack in the second minute. Feyenoord goalkeeper Mannou Berger pushed away captain O'Neill's drive, but Cypriot international George Okkas was quickest to the rebound and somehow squeezed his shot in from an acute angle.

Imani Lanquedoc, in a rich vein of form after opening the scoring against Manchester United in the PL2 on Friday night, almost made it two after spinning in the area but saw his well-struck shot blocked by Milan Hokke. Feyenoord were a real threat on the counter with Delano van Der Heijden driving into space before shooting over and Sem Valk heading powerfully wide at the far post just before half-time.

The hosts were on the front foot after the interval and O'Neill perhaps should have doubled their lead instead firing wide having been teed up by Lanquedoc after a surging run from the midfielder. The Irish under-21 international didn't take long to make amends, however, sending substitute goalkeeper Matéo Husselin the wrong way from the penalty spot after referee Stephen Parkinson penalised a cynical trip in the box.

The second goal ushered in some of the most fluent football of the evening from Fulham. After Gordon had frightened the Feyenoord defence with his blistering pace, O'Neill almost scored a sensational long-range strike but his audacious effort flew fractionally wide. The away side still put together moments of quality and could have got a foothold in the contest when Amadou-David Sanyang surged into the area and pulled the trigger from a tight angle but his finish ruffled the side netting.

England under-19 international Loupalo-Bi wrapped up all three points twelve minutes after replacing Osmand. He turned his man magnificently inside the area and lashed in a left-footed finish from seven yards out. Borto was denied a clean sheet by a fantastic free-kick from wing-back van Der Heijden with seven minutes to play, which at least gave a plucky Feyenoord side a consolation to take home with them.

FULHAM UNDER 21s (4-2-3-1): Borto; de Jesus, Esenga, Williams, Araujo (Slade 81); Okkas, Donnell; Gordon, O'Neill (Šekularac 67), Lanquedoc (Gofford 81); Osmand (Loupalo-Bi 67). Subs (not used): Allen, Tabares, Ali Wahid.

BOOKED: Šekularac, Donnell.

GOALS: Okkas (2), O'Neill (pen 50), Loupalo-Bi (79).

FEYENOORD UNDER 23s (3-4-2-1): Berger (Husselin 45); Breinberg, Valk, Hokke (Candelaria 62); van der Heijden, Essanoussi, Pusic (van der Sluijs 62), Zaal; Sanyang (Schens 71), Arnaud; Groen (Rais 62).

GOAL: van der Heijden (87).

REFEREE: Stephen Parkinson.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2023/11/fulham-u21s-finish-off-feyenoord/

WhiteJC

Board election – nominations open
We are pleased to confirm that the nomination period for the 2023 Fulham Supporters' Trust Board Election is open from today, Wednesday 1 November, until Wednesday 15 November.
Please see below for a reminder of the process and how to submit nominations.

ELECTION PROCESS AND RULES
The election will be held in accordance with the election rules and the process will be overseen by an Independent Scrutineer, Marisa Cardoni, who is a Trust member but is neither a candidate nor nominating or seconding a candidate.

To be eligible to stand for election, the only requirements are that

you are a paid-up Trust member as at 1 October 2023
    you remain a Trust member throughout the process
    you are nominated and seconded by paid-up Trust members as at 1 October 2023.

Information required

You will need to supply contact information for yourself and those nominating and seconding you and a 200 word election statement that will be sent out with the electronic voting forms if there are more nominations than places available for election. The election statements of all successful candidates will be made available at the conclusion of the process.

Please supply the following information by email to the Independent Scrutineer by Wednesday 15 November 2023 using the following email address

[email protected]

Candidate

Name
    email address
    Telephone
    Social media

Proposed by

Member name
    email address
    Telephone

Seconded by

Member name
    email address
    Telephone

Statement

A maximum of 200 words to support your candidacy. Any additional words will be truncated.

Election timetable

Nominations

Wednesday 1 November 2023 – Nominations open
    Wednesday 15 November 2023 – Nominations close

If no ballot required (five or fewer candidates)

Thursday 16 November 2023 – Announcement of new board at AGM

If ballot required (more than five candidates)

Thursday 16 November 2023 – Announcement of ballot at AGM
    Saturday 18 November 2023 – Electronic ballot and candidate statements circulated to Trust members
    Saturday 2 December 2023 – Close of voting
    Monday 4 December 2023 – Announcement of election results
    w/c 4 December 2023 – December board meeting (subject to Nottingham Forest game)

https://www.fulhamsupporterstrust.com/news/2023/11/board-election-nominations-open/

WhiteJC

Ipswich Matchday Preview

Ipswich Town v Fulham | Wednesday 1st November | 7.45pm | Portman Road | #IPSFUL

The opposition

Kieran McKenna's first full season in charge at Portman Road could not have gone much better, with the club finishing second in League One last term, accruing 98 points and boasting the best attack (101 scored) and defence (35 conceded) in the division.
    It's form that they've maintained in the Championship, with a 4-3 defeat by Leeds United and 1-1 draw with Huddersfield Town the only points they've dropped, meaning they currently sit second in the standings, nine points clear of third place Leeds, having played a game less.
    Town find themselves in Round Four of the Carabao Cup courtesy of a 2-0 win over Bristol Rovers, a penalty shoot-out victory against Reading, and a thrilling 3-2 with Wolves, in which they recovered from a two-goal deficit to progress.

Ipswich team news

Wes Burns is Ipswich's only injury absentee, while on-loan striker Dane Scarlett is ineligible having featured for parent club Tottenham Hotspur against Fulham in Round Two. Former Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe is expected to make his debut having recovered from a back injury.

Fulham team news

Carlos Vinicius will return to the matchday squad, where he may be joined by Kenny Tete. There's been a return to training for Adama Traoré, though Wednesday will come too soon for him, but Issa Diop and Tosin remain sidelined.

Tickets

Fans can still buy tickets over the phone and in person from the Fulham Ticket Office until midday on matchday. No tickets will be available to buy on the gate at Portman Road.

Weather

It should be a dry evening in Ipswich, with temperatures around nine degrees at kick-off.

Travel

Fans taking the train will be able to get back to London the same night, with departures from Ipswich train station at 22.07, 22.23 and 22.43.

Penalties

If the score is level after 90 minutes, the tie will be decided by a penalty shoot-out.

Bag policy

Nothing larger than a standard carrier bag or handbag will be permitted into the ground. Ipswich do not offer a left luggage facility.

Fan guide

Ipswich have provided a matchday guide for Fulham supporters, which can be viewed here.

Coverage

FFCtv subscribers will be able to listen to live commentary from Gentleman Jim and Jamie Reid.

Top scorers

Ipswich: Nathan Broadhead (6)

Fulham: Bobby De Cordova-Reid, João Palhinha, Carlos Vinicius (2)

Form

Ipswich: DWWWW

Fulham: WLWLD

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2023/october/31/ipswich-matchday-preview/

WhiteJC

Player has 'received an offer' from Fulham – Silva's side propose €50m for impressive signing in January
Fulham have emerged as a candidate to sign Feyenoord's Santiago Giménez in January, according to W Deportes.

The striker played a key role in helping Arne Slot's side win the title last season and has extended his fine form into this season, by scoring 15 goals and registering three assists from 12 games.

His fine displays have seen various clubs take notice and Fulham are included in this list.

Marco Silva's side are keen on securing the 22-year-old's services in January as the report states he's 'received an offer' to join them.

It's said Fulham's proposal is around €50m and the outlet doesn't make it clear whether this is including or excluding bonuses.

W Deportes have made it clear this is their own information and also suggest it would be a surprise if the Mexico international were to join Fulham, who are 'not entirely big' in Europe.

They add the Feyenoord star is yet to make a decision on whether he wants to join the Premier League side or make a switch to a bigger club. If Giménez were to join Fulham, he'll meet his compatriot Raúl Jiménez.

Feyenoord's decision on the possibility of parting ways in January is not mentioned in the report.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-has-received-an-offer-from-fulham-silvas-side-propose-e50m-for-impressive-signing-in-january/

WhiteJC

Fulham eye club-record £43m Mitrovic replacement but Tottenham 'closest'
Fulham are reportedly prepared to make a club-record £43 million bid to bring Feyenoord's Eredivisie-winning striker Santiago Gimenez to the Premier League in 2024.

The absence of Aleksandr Mitrovic was always likely to hit Fulham hard. And the sight of Raul Jimenez stumbling through another top-flight fixture while barely threatening a goal will have done little to quell the concerns over the make-up of Marco Silva's frontline without their talismanic Serbian.

Jimenez, still yet to rediscover his pre-injury form after that horrific collision against Arsenal back in 2022, has not scored in nine Premier League games for the Cottagers. In fact, Marco Silva's strikers have only one between them so far this term.

Fortunately, the struggles of newly-promoted trio Luton Town, Sheffield United and Burnley have quelled the concerns over a post-Mitrovic relegation battle but, should the opportunity arise, Silva is likely to seize the chance to add a guaranteed goalscorer to a squad crying out for one.

Fulham could break transfer record for Santiago Gimenez
Enter Santiago Gimenez.

According to Mexican publication W Deportes, Fulham are 'offering' a club-record fee to bring in a man who could yet replace Jimenez for both club and country. A 50 million euro deal – or £43 million, if you like – would see Fulham reinvest much of the fee earned via Mitrovic's sale to Al-Hilal, and Gimenez's performances since moving to the Netherlands suggest that he could be worth every penny.

The 22-year-old has 15 goals in 12 games so far this season for the reigning Dutch champions.

Fulham will not be short of competition, however, a representative speaking on behalf of Gimenez confirming last week that some of the world's biggest footballing institutions also have the striker blinking on their radar.

"We have already discussed (Gimenez) with Atletico Madrid," Morris Pagniello tells Tuttomercatoweb. "We talked about him with Inter, Milan, Lazio and Napoli. But, for me, he could be perfect for both Inter and Juventus. They would be the best options for him.

"I've been telling him for more than a year. Various clubs to believe in him. His value went from £10 million to £40 million in just under 12 months.

"Now, the teams closest to him are Real Madrid and Tottenham."

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/11/01/fulham-eye-club-record-43m-mitrovic-replacement-but-tottenham-closest/

WhiteJC

Fulham reportedly make 'strong offer' for 22-year-old forward with 13 league goals
Fulham have reportedly made an offer for Feyenoord striker Santiago Gimenez ahead of the January transfer window.

It's no secret that Marco Silva's team are struggling in front of goal right now.

They've scored just nine league goals this season, with Joao Palhinha and Bobby De Cordova-Reid their top scorers with two goals.

However, the three senior centre-forwards in the squad have just one league goal between them, courtesy of Carlos Vinicius's tap-in against Luton Town.

The absence of Aleksandar Mitrovic is really being felt and even the likes of Andreas Pereira who linked up so well with him last season are struggling.

Fulham are reportedly moving quickly to fix this issue and have made an offer to sign Santiago Gimenez.

Gimenez is one of the most in-form strikers in Europe right now.

He's already scored 13 goals in the Eredivisie and bagged a brace on his Champions League debut this season.

Feyenoord want a league-record fee for the striker, which would mean trumping the £86m Manchester United paid for Antony.

That is obviously well above Fulham's transfer budget, although Fabrizio Romano has said that around £39m might be enough to convince Feyenoord to sell.

Fulham reportedly make offer for Gimenez
Posting on X, formerly Twitter, W Deportes journalist Memo Navarro said: "Exclusive information from Santiago Giménez.

"I have been able to find out, and have confirmed, that Fulham has sent Feyenoord a strong offer for Santi.

"The English team wants to anticipate, but club and player are going calmly. At the moment, what is seductive (and a lot) is the interest in [Spain]."

Fulham should be willing to break their transfer record with their offer to sign Santiago Gimenez.

An out-an-out striker who knows how to find the back of the net is the club's biggest priority now.

He's been absolutely exceptional this season, but Fulham are likely to face plenty of competition for his signature.

Tottenham are interested in Gimenez as well and although it doesn't look like it right now, they'll want to eventually replace Harry Kane.

Fulham haven't always acted quickly in the transfer market, just look at how much business gets done on deadline day every summer.

But if they can usurp some of the biggest clubs in Europe to sign Gimenez, it would be one of the best bits of business they've done since signing Joao Palhinha.

https://www.fulham.news/2023/11/01/fulham-reportedly-make-strong-offer-for-22-year-old-forward-with-13-league-goals/

WhiteJC

Ipswich Town assistant Martyn Pert fully focused on Fulham cup tie
Ipswich Town assistant manager Martyn Pert is fully focused on tonight's game against Fulham, rather than the fact that his side are competing for a place in the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup.

The Blues have already seen off Bristol Rovers, Reading and Wolves to reach the fourth round of the competition, doing so for the first time since 2010/11.

With Marco Silva's Cottagers travelling to Portman Road this evening, Town have a genuine chance to progress deep into the competition, although Pert has stressed that they're taking each game at a time rather than looking too far ahead.

"I've enjoyed the games, but I don't think about the run until you get to the next game and think, 'oh yeah, we've won three games already', he said ahead of the match.

"It's been really good for the players who've played in those games because a lot of the league games have had similar teams, so it's been really good for everyone to get minutes.

"They've also been minutes that have been successful on the pitch, so it's been really good in that respect.

"Of course, we're looking forward to a Premier League side coming to Portman Road on Wednesday night, which is exciting.

"I think we take each game as it comes, then get excited for the prep, the planning and going into the game to take it head on.

"We'll worry about the outcome once the game is over."

While Ipswich are confident, they aren't the favourites going into tonight's game. Fulham boast a number of top-end Premier League players and have already seen off Tottenham Hotspur and Norwich City in the earlier rounds.

Regardless of what happens, Pert sees the game as a good chance for the players to test themselves against Premier League opposition, which is the level Town want to reach sooner rather than later.

"I'm really looking forward to facing Fulham," he stated. "I worked there in 2009 for a short time, so it's always nice to play against teams that you haven't faced that often recently.

"It'll be nice to play them, and obviously they've got a lot of good players coming to Portman Road.

"It'll be a challenge for us, but one we're looking forward to."

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/23893030.ipswich-town-assistant-martyn-pert-fully-focused-fulham-cup-tie/

WhiteJC

Town or Fulham Ball Number Six in Draw
Town will be ball number six in this evening's draw for the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup if they beat Premier League Fulham in tonight's fourth-round tie at Portman Road.

The draw will take place live on Sky Sports following the tie between Manchester United and Newcastle United.

Quarter-final ties will be played in the week commencing 18th December.

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final Draw
1 - Middlesbrough
2 - Port Vale
3 - AFC Bournemouth or Liverpool
4 - Chelsea or Blackburn Rovers
5 - Everton or Burnley
6 - Ipswich Town or Fulham
7 - Manchester United or Newcastle United
8 - West Ham or Arsenal

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/45918/town-or-fulham-ball-number-six-in-draw

WhiteJC

Fulham fans prepare for ticket price protest this weekend
Fulham fans will protest ahead of Saturday's home game against Manchester United over fears that the club's 'completely misguided' ticketing policy will price loyal supporters out of the game.

The action, organised by the Fulham Supporters' Trust, supported by female fans' group the Fulham Lillies and endorsed by a coalition of supporters' websites and podcasts, aims to draw attention to the prohibitive cost of watching matches at Craven Cottage.

General admittance adult tickets for Saturday lunchtime's televised fixture against Manchester United ranged from £67 to £160 – whilst season tickets have typically increased by 18% on last year. Craven Cottage is now home to the most expensive non-corporate season ticket in the country, at £3,000.

A statement issued by the trust said: "The problem is a completely misguided ticket pricing policy that fundamentally misunderstands what it means to be a fan.

"It's a policy which, piece by piece, is alienating a large part of our core fan base to the extent that increasing numbers just can't afford to come to a game or bring their friends and family to help create that next generation."

Fulham fans will walk from Bishops Park to Craven Cottage from 11.30am on Saturday and hold yellow cards – echoing past successful supporter protests – aloft after eighteen minutes of the match asking for a more affordable ticket-pricing policy.

The protests are being supported by the Manchester United Supporters' Trust, who said: "We offer our full support to the Fulham fans making their voices heard.

"We also note the support Fulham fans have shown us in the past when they displayed green and gold scarves in the away section at Old Trafford in 2012 backing our protest against the Glazers' ownership; a gesture of solidarity which was much appreciated at the time, and we are happy to reciprocate."

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/fulham-fans-prepare-for-ticket-price-protest-this-weekend/

WhiteJC

Ollie O'Neill now says Fulham have a 16-year-old player who's already 'unbelievable'
Fulham youngster Ollie O'Neill has been raving about youngster Jonathan Esenga after the under-21s defeated Feyenoord last night.

O'Neill was speaking to the club's official website after a 3-1 win in the Premier League International Cup.

It was another impressive outing from Hayden Mullins's side at Motspur Park yesterday.

Fulham have one of the strongest academies in England right now and several players are pushing to be included at first-team level, especially ahead of tonight's Carabao Cup tie.

Cypriot under-21 international midfielder Giorgos Okkas opened the scoring in the opening minutes before Ollie O'Neill doubled the host's advantage from the penalty spot.

Young forward Aaron Loupalo-Bi scored off the bench before the wonderfully named Delano van der Heijden scored a late consolation goal for the Dutch team.

Mullins was forced to call up several players from the under-18s for the fixture who all did very well.

However, O'Neill was quick to highlight the impact Jonathan Esenga has had on Fulham's under-21 side this season.

He's already played six times at that level in Premier League 2 despite being just 16 years old.

Fulham have a history of bringing through young left-backs and Esenga can take inspiration from Ryan Sessegnon's rise through the ranks in his bid to play for the first team.

O'Neill hails Fulham youngster Esenga
O'Neill was asked about the young players brought in by Hayden Mullins to face Feyenoord last night and said: "Yeah, they're such good players.

"There's obviously some of them playing the whole season, like John Esenga has been unbelievable for quite a while now to be honest.

"It's not anything out of the ordinary for him. But then it's really nice, like I enjoy it because as you start to get a little bit older, it's actually quite nice when you have younger players come in with real energy and something to prove at this level.

"Really good players, like all of them coming from the [under] 18s, it's a nice bit of a change up at times."

Esenga like O'Neill is one of several Fulham academy players who have already been recognised at international level.

O'Neill is already an Irish under-21 international, while Esenga is working his way through the Young Lions set-up with England.

Already an England under-17 player, he will have his eye on this month's World Cup at that level.

The likes of Phil Foden, Morgan Gibbs-White and Fulham's own Steven Sessegnon announced themselves at that level six years ago by winning the tournament.

Esenga will be hoping to follow in their footsteps if he earns a call-up in the coming weeks.

https://www.fulham.news/2023/11/01/ollie-oneill-now-says-fulham-have-a-16-year-old-player-whos-already-unbelievable/