watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tomorrow’s Protest

Started by Peabody, November 03, 2023, 09:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

I've not reached the stage yet where I'm shocked by modern prices but £220 for the new Men's Lifestyle Padded Jacket seems crazy. Football is certainly an expensive activity.

Buffalo76

Quote from: SP on November 11, 2023, 08:44:23 AMI've not reached the stage yet where I'm shocked by modern prices but £220 for the new Men's Lifestyle Padded Jacket seems crazy. Football is certainly an expensive activity.

I used to buy quite a lot of merchandise. Not anymore. Rip off these days. I thought football was for the working class?🤔

Brawn

Quote from: Roberty on November 05, 2023, 12:08:45 PMI'm sure that everyone feels better for having vented their frustration but, and I'm probably in a minority of one, I can't see that increasing the profit that touts make on our tickets is going to increase the number of children growing up to support our club.

I'm also wondering how we can compete for the money that they often choose to spend on other things.

Parent to child; do you want to come to FFC this season - reply - no, I'd rather have a iPhone. How many young people have one?

I fear it's not the shortage of funds that's the problem but the attraction of other things.

Do I go to the over crowded Hammersmith End, sit in a hard cramped plastic seat with no leg room and no access to beverages. I guess cattle class would be an appropriate description.
Or do I sit at home on a comfy sofa, with a few beverages, a takeaway and enjoy watching my huge TV.

Sadly queueing for a pee at halftime is not winning.

This battle was played out by cavernous cinemas in the past. We didn't throw out the TV and sofa, cinemas changed.

Football will have to do the same.

Yes, you wonder how long the 3pm blackout will be survivable as even in the EFL, games are moved for TV without any effect on crowds.