watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Ladies Football

Started by COLMAN, November 10, 2023, 10:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COLMAN

The ladies are doing well, second in the league and still in the cups. Not sure what footballing tier they are in, obviously a long way from the WSL...does anyone watch them and, if so, is there a future for developing towards the WSL ?

Colton F.C.

The London and South East Women's Regional Football League. Tier 5 of women's football.  Some way to go to revisit the Yankey era.

Cumbrian White

Quote from: COLMAN on November 10, 2023, 10:03:12 PMThe ladies are doing well, second in the league and still in the cups. Not sure what footballing tier they are in, obviously a long way from the WSL...does anyone watch them and, if so, is there a future for developing towards the WSL ?
MAF poured £4m in to ladies football back around 2002/03, it's strange a PL team like us isn't seemingly supporting and investing more into ladies football. We should at least have a side in WSL or league below by now.

Hopefully we can be in WSL in a few years.

Shredhead

Quote from: COLMAN on November 10, 2023, 10:03:12 PM...does anyone watch them and, if so, is there a future for developing towards the WSL ?
I've seen them in some local Sussex games and they have some good players and sometimes play good football. However, they are playing against amateurs (inc 6th formers) and players who might be getting a small match fee. With a bit more investment, they should fly through this league.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

RaySmith

Quote from: Cumbrian White on November 11, 2023, 02:05:49 PM
Quote from: COLMAN on November 10, 2023, 10:03:12 PMThe ladies are doing well, second in the league and still in the cups. Not sure what footballing tier they are in, obviously a long way from the WSL...does anyone watch them and, if so, is there a future for developing towards the WSL ?
MAF poured £4m in to ladies football back around 2002/03, it's strange a PL team like us isn't seemingly supporting and investing more into ladies football. We should at least have a side in WSL or league below by now.

MAF invested heavily in FFC  women, making us the first women's pro team in this country, I believe.

But I think he became disillusioned with the lack of interest in promoting the women's game here, from the powers that be, and withdrew the financial support, and we then had no proper women's team for some time.

alfie

Quote from: RaySmith on November 12, 2023, 02:02:00 AM
Quote from: Cumbrian White on November 11, 2023, 02:05:49 PM

MAF invested heavily in FFC  women, making us the first women's pro team in this country, I believe.

But I think he became disillusioned with the lack of interest in promoting the women's game here, from the powers that be, and withdrew the financial support, and we then had no proper women's team for some time.
Absolutely spot on, the only team at that time that could compete with Fulham on a professional basis was Arsenal, unfortunately they were not interested or felt it necessary to go professional.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SP

I recall attending a few FA Cup finals so the ladies probably have more silverware in the trophy cabinet than the men's team?