more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jozy to Gjion

Started by AmericanJames, January 21, 2011, 07:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

...on loan possibly.
What"s your take?? Personally I wanna see him do something that gets him 1st team football, but with a good coach who will help his developement.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

duffbeer

Yeah, Josy at Villarreal has been a strange one.  He actually gets enough playing time for such a young yank at such a good club, and I think it's nice he's with Rossi who is a friend of his and a good football influence.   My issue is that when he does get time, he does nothing, looks stagnant, no movement off the ball (I'm generalizing).  He's a more threatening player when he plays for the US or even Hull.  Remember when Hull played Fulham, Jozy totally worked over Smalling.  Anyway, the Villarreal situation is not what I expected at all.  I think we all expected him to grow as a player at Villarreal. 

Good call James, I'd like to see a loan to a club that wants to do something with him.  Especially now that it appears Rossi wont be leaving.

AmericanJames

Mo do you like the move Mike Grella Made going on loan from Leeds to Motherwell?

duffbeer

Ives reported that it was denied by the Scotts due to the cant play for three teams in one season rule.  Leeds thought it would go through 'cause his previous loan (forget the team Coventry or something) was an emergency loan, but Scotts said no.  I did like the idea although I wish he could get time with Leeds.  Word is he is trying to get a loan with an English side which would likely be approved by the FA.  Do you think he would have been better starting in MLS?

AmericanJames

I dont know for some players it has helped (Dempsey, Holden, Edu and Lichaj) But others like our own EJ, Adu and Cooper could have benefited from being in a position like Grella has and being involved in a team fighting for promotion at such a young age and being in a culture that forces you to work hard everyday at a top level. I think he has a shot o be a good player and just needs some pt.

I met some guys from Leeds when I was in Cancun last Spring Break and got to talking about their impression of him and they really seem to like him over there and the way he plays and see a bright future for him if he continues, they mentioned him being sort of a super sub for them coming in with a lot of energy when he gets his time to play.

Personally I would like to see more of our younger players go over around 17-19 and really getting playing time even if it is in the lower leagues in the UK or in Scandinavia because there are only certain colleges (Akron, UNC, Indiana and couple others) that can offer that type of experience, playing level, and coaching know how.

Tom

If it happens, great move for Jozy. He just needs to be able to play with the first team and get playing time.
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

Quote from: duffbeer on January 21, 2011, 05:35:16 PM
Ives reported that it was denied by the Scotts due to the cant play for three teams in one season rule.  Leeds thought it would go through 'cause his previous loan (forget the team Coventry or something) was an emergency loan, but Scotts said no.  I did like the idea although I wish he could get time with Leeds.  Word is he is trying to get a loan with an English side which would likely be approved by the FA.  Do you think he would have been better starting in MLS?

It was Carlisle United, Ms. Mo. He played alongside fellow Yank Frank Simek there.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel