https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ream

Started by sarnian, December 12, 2023, 03:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

Only takes an injury and Tim is back

Fulham 442

Quote from: Dodgin on December 13, 2023, 10:50:18 AMOnly takes an injury and Tim is back
Yes as it stands at the moment but surely we will be looking to strengthen in that position if Diop is out long term and we still don't know what will happen with Tosin next month.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Fulham 442 on December 13, 2023, 11:02:35 AM
Quote from: Dodgin on December 13, 2023, 10:50:18 AMOnly takes an injury and Tim is back
Yes as it stands at the moment but surely we will be looking to strengthen in that position if Diop is out long term and we still don't know what will happen with Tosin next month.

I think MS has said Diop is close to returning. What a nice headcahe that will be - Diop, Tosin and Bassey.

sarnian

Ream is still an integral part of the squad but I believe Bassey will now be first choice on the left side of central defence.

What is worrying is that if Diop and Ream are out injured for a period of time, the upcoming ANC and Tosin's contract problems it leaves us very very exposed in central defence.  Our recent return to form and confidence could easily be wiped out if these issues are not addressed quickly.

Jim©

Quote from: sarnian on December 13, 2023, 11:33:07 AMReam is still an integral part of the squad but I believe Bassey will now be first choice on the left side of central defence.

What is worrying is that if Diop and Ream are out injured for a period of time, the upcoming ANC and Tosin's contract problems it leaves us very very exposed in central defence.  Our recent return to form and confidence could easily be wiped out if these issues are not addressed quickly.

No one has praised and fought for Ream as much as I have over the last 4 or 5 seasons when he (IMO) seemed to be the subject of a lot of criticism. However I do think you're right in saying he's now a squad player rather than first teamer as such.  ANC doesn't expose us too badly- with only 2 Prem fixtures in Jan, I'm not even sure how good Nigeria are, so they could be home early.
I genuinely think that with Tete/Castagne, Diop/Tosin, Bassey/Ream, Robinson/Toure, that there's not many better groups of defenders outside of the top 6. I'd like B Toure to sign permanently too.

Twig

I certainly wouldn't write off Tim. He can still be a starter in cup comps to rest our first choice CBs and is a more than capable sub. Let's also not forget his leadership qualities both on and off the field.

St Eve

We have 4 very capable CB's and we will need them all. I don't think all 4 have been available at all this season so this is a great problem. Also, don't forget we have the Canadien lad, profiterole (spelling).
Also, I hope that we get BLT permanently.

NogoodBoyo

Quote from: St Eve on December 13, 2023, 02:00:08 PMWe have 4 very capable CB's and we will need them all. I don't think all 4 have been available at all this season so this is a great problem. Also, don't forget we have the Canadien lad, profiterole (spelling).

Nogood "Profiterole and BLT - food for thought there, isit" Boyo

Woolly Mammoth

and that is the cause for concern.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on December 13, 2023, 03:03:39 PM
Quote from: St Eve on December 13, 2023, 02:00:08 PMWe have 4 very capable CB's and we will need them all. I don't think all 4 have been available at all this season so this is a great problem. Also, don't forget we have the Canadien lad, profiterole (spelling).

Nogood "Profiterole and BLT - food for thought there, isit" Boyo

Would certainly take some topping Sir.

WindyCity

We may still yet be relying on Ream for game time.  Injuries can happen, and we have players leaving for country play, so his services will likely be needed.

Having said that, I do think Tim has lost just a step or two from his form of last season.  I would also add the same of Willian.  And Willian is one of my favorite players.  But I think he has lost a step from last season.  The thing that keeps Willian with game time, I think, can be attributed to his football 'smarts'.  Knows what to do with the football, and even if he is not as quick as before in his career, knows where to be, how to position himself, get an advantage through his cunning. 

In sum, just shows that FFC needs to get 'younger' at several positions, we might have the oldest team in the league, or at least one of the oldest.  Ream, Willian, Jimenez aren't getting any younger.

We Are Premier League

Nigeria might call up Tosin for AFCON if he forms a solid partnership with Bassey...

TC's Sporran

ive asked before but got no replies, how many will we lose to AFCON?

btffc

Quote from: TC's Sporran on December 13, 2023, 08:53:08 PMive asked before but got no replies, how many will we lose to AFCON?

Bassey and Iwobi for sure. Ballo-Toure probably. Very slim chance of Tosin.

Won't definitively know until squads are announced.

Somerset Fulham

Quote from: TC's Sporran on December 13, 2023, 08:53:08 PMive asked before but got no replies, how many will we lose to AFCON?

Don't know exactly but I did see it on the much maligned and woke BBC that we are one of the least affected squads. Forest lose about half of their playing staff, for instance with Walham Green not far behind.

Carborundum

Quote from: St Eve on December 13, 2023, 02:00:08 PMwe have the Canadien lad, profiterole (spelling).
Big choux's to fill for the cream of our youngsters.

sarnian

Ream out to the new year at least. With no Ream or Diop who is left as backup. Tete?

btffc

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on December 13, 2023, 09:50:08 PM

Don't know exactly but I did see it on the much maligned and woke BBC that we are one of the least affected squads. Forest lose about half of their playing staff, for instance with Walham Green not far behind.

I don't think this is right unless the article was from before the season and transfers. We stand to lose at least two and Chelsea will only lose Nicolas Jackson whereas before transfers we would have lost 0 and Chelsea would have lost 3-4.

demeant0r

According to Marco today, Tim injured himself in the Forest game and said might not be back until after Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BnFVrH3uPY&ab_channel=BeanymanSports2

sarnian

Quote from: demeant0r on December 14, 2023, 05:17:37 PMAccording to Marco today, Tim injured himself in the Forest game and said might not be back until after Christmas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BnFVrH3uPY&ab_channel=BeanymanSports2

Strange as Ream took no part in the Forest game not even as substitute.