more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pickford vs Leno

Started by Nick Bateman, December 19, 2023, 09:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookieg

Quote from: hovewhite on December 20, 2023, 09:02:49 AM
Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 19, 2023, 10:13:52 PMWhen will goalies realise they have more chance saving a pen by waiting for it to be kicked?
one of life's mysteries as regular watchers can see it,why can't keeper coaches.

Maybe because goalkeeper coaches know how far a ball travels when kicked at 70 mph from 12 yards.

filham

Leno /Pickford was no contest, Pickford was by far the biggest clown and should have picked up a double yellow card.

Holders

Quote from: filham on December 20, 2023, 09:51:24 AMLeno /Pickford was no contest, Pickford was by far the biggest clown and should have picked up a double yellow card.

I agree. Pickford should have had some of those, how he didn't stop 2 or 3 I have no idea. Bobby just shot the wrong way once he'd got him to dive.

7 out of 8 is pretty good, better than a certain departed Serbian!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

EN1 FFC

That's why Pickford has the nickname 'Stumpy'  :cheesy:

WindyCity

Quote from: Holders on December 20, 2023, 05:58:08 AMWatching it again, I would be far more critical of Pickford than Leno. He was very close to so many that he really should have got some of them.

Agreed.  Watched the highlights, was not able to see the game live.  Looked to me like we were very fortunate to have scored many of our PK's.  Pickford guessed correctly for many of them, and the shots were not especially over powering, but were somewhat well placed, but looked like savable opportunities for the Everton keeper.  Anyway, all's well that ends well!  Great win, moving on!!

Nick Bateman

If a goalie doesn't move before the ball is kicked he saves 100% of penalties down the middle, any cheeky panenka's, and most pens either side of him within arms/leg reach. There's also a chance of saving slower delivered pens nearer the corners. Ones hit (drilled or blasted) in the corners would never be saved even if they dived early so what's the point (ref: Pickford on Cairney's & Palhinha's)?!?

Leno doesn't dive early on shots hence he is one of the best shot-stoppers in the league so why change what works just because it's a penalty?
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

cookieg

Quote from: Nick Bateman on December 20, 2023, 04:33:18 PMIf a goalie doesn't move before the ball is kicked he saves 100% of penalties down the middle, any cheeky panenka's, and most pens either side of him within arms/leg reach. There's also a chance of saving slower delivered pens nearer the corners. Ones hit (drilled or blasted) in the corners would never be saved even if they dived early so what's the point (ref: Pickford on Cairney's & Palhinha's)?!?

Leno doesn't dive early on shots hence he is one of the best shot-stoppers in the league so why change what works just because it's a penalty?

Could it be that a shot is taken from distance rather than 12 yards??? A keeper will have more time to see the ball and react rather than trying to guess which way the ball is going from a penalty.

Cobh Fulham Fan

So here we are in the semi's after our goalkeeper saved one more than his opponent keeper in a shoot-out. Yet, once again, what should be a celebration has turned into a moan fest.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: Cobh Fulham Fan on December 20, 2023, 05:03:48 PMSo here we are in the semi's after our goalkeeper saved one more than his opponent keeper in a shoot-out. Yet, once again, what should be a celebration has turned into a moan fest.

It's called constructive criticism Cobh. We are all over-the-moon about reaching the semis with an away victory against an in-form Everton. But as far as I know this forum is to discuss many other Fulham related topics and if somehow we could relay some ideas that might improve the team then surely that is a good thing.

As stated, Leno is great on shots but on penalties he needs to improve. Don't think that's moaning.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

love4ffc

I say God Bless Leno for being at Fulham.  I will take a great shot-stopper/average penality-saver over an average shot-stopper/great penality-saver. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

SP

Interesting that Pickford was booked tonight for coming off his line before a penalty?

SG

Quote from: SP on December 27, 2023, 09:39:20 PMInteresting that Pickford was booked tonight for coming off his line before a penalty?

I saw that. Watching his antics I shouted at the screen 'book the ****' and the ref did just that. He's turning into an arrogant tosser so I was delighted to see him gift City their third goal

Stevieboy

It's amazing the amount of people on here who can save penalties from their armchairs, can't be that hard then...can it ??!!  :slap: