watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Palhinha

Started by H4usuallysitting, January 06, 2024, 11:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hovewhite

Quote from: Milo on January 06, 2024, 09:05:12 PMHe will go in January. Let's not kid ourselves.

This Andre bloke could be a decent replacement? The world keeps spinning round etc.
still be here come end of season.

Angus Telford

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 08, 2024, 09:23:34 AMThe fact remains he has signed a new contract which doesnt have a release clause so the ball is in our court.

I also get the feeling that Palhinha is with us until at least the summer now, if not longer, but how do you know there isn't a release clause?

filham

Quote from: perry geyton on January 06, 2024, 05:31:48 PM
Quote from: filham on January 06, 2024, 04:47:59 PMRumours have been bouncing around all season of different big clubs interested in Palhinha but now the window is open all is quiet. Seems like a cat and mouse game to me. If one of these club comes in with a late offer can we again say sorry we havn't had time to find a replacement.
The window just opened, give it time as there's a whole month  of misery to Look forward too
One of four weeks now passed and no word of bids from any club yet.

Kimbleman

Quote from: filham on January 08, 2024, 11:54:59 AM
Quote from: filham on January 06, 2024, 04:47:59 PMRumours have been bouncing around all season of different big clubs interested in Palhinha but now the window is open all is quiet. Seems like a cat and mouse game to me. If one of these club comes in with a late offer can we again say sorry we havn't had time to find a replacement.
The window just opened, give it time as there's a whole month  of misery to Look forward too
Still twenty-three days left though!

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Kimbleman on January 08, 2024, 12:14:06 PM
Quote from: filham on January 08, 2024, 11:54:59 AM
Still twenty-three days left though!

I think the club are perfectly within their rights to reject all bids for Paulinha this window. I'm sure it is also very fresh in the player's mind that both he and the club were put in a very difficult position right at the end of summer window, so if Bayern really wanted to get that deal done they would have made a bid last week. There is nothing to suggest that they are going to up their offer, so unless someone else offers £80-100m nothing is going to happen.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Angus Telford on January 08, 2024, 10:24:03 AM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on January 08, 2024, 09:23:34 AMThe fact remains he has signed a new contract which doesnt have a release clause so the ball is in our court.

I also get the feeling that Palhinha is with us until at least the summer now, if not longer, but how do you know there isn't a release clause?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12961389/joao-palhinha-no-release-clause-in-midfielders-new-fulham-deal#:~:text=Joao%20Palhinha%3A%20No%20release%20clause%20in%20midfielder's%20new%20Fulham%20deal,-Joao%20Palhinha%20has&text=Joao%20Palhinha's%20new%20Fulham%20contract,65m%20deal%20on%20deadline%20day.

It was also reported by Talkpoo and numerous others at the time.