more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff - 9/01/24...

Started by WhiteJC, January 08, 2024, 11:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

"I've heard" - Everton chiefs "really like" Fulham midfielder Harrison Reed
A journalist has delivered the latest on the Toffees' interest in the Englishman.

Everton "really like" a Premier League player who has been hailed as "outstanding" for his current club, as journalist Paul Brown delivers the latest on their January plans.

Everton transfer news
The Blues have been linked with lots of players to possibly come in during the January transfer window, giving Sean Dyche the opportunity to bring in the right individuals if he can stay within a rather tight budget, due to Financial Fair Play restrictions. Talleres winger Ramon Sosa is one player who has been linked with a move to Goodison Park, for example, with the 24-year-old seen as an affordable reinforcement to the attacking ranks.

Meanwhile, Manchester United midfielder Hannibal Mejbri has emerged as a loan option for Everton, who could swoop in from under the noses of La Liga side Sevilla, snapping him up for the remainder of the season. It looks as though the Merseysiders are keeping an eye on another current Premier League player, however, according to a fresh claim that has emerged.

Toffees "really like" Harrison Reed
Speaking to Give Me Sport, Brown admitted that Fulham midfielder Harrison Reed is a player Everton admire, with a January move potentially difficult however due to Marco Silva's affection for the player.

I've heard links between Everton and Reed before. I do think he is a player that they really like. I can remember, not so long ago, Marco Silva talking him up as a potential England international. He was saying that he was very surprised he hadn't been called up.

"I actually think that it is a strange one right now, in terms of timing, because Everton have got their midfield sorted out at the moment. I think the balance is quite good there, but someone like Reed would come in expecting to start every week. He might not get that opportunity in the way that Dyche likes to set up."

Reed may not be the world's most physically formidable midfielder, but he is an effective footballer who could prove to be a really intelligent addition by Everton this month, with the Blues already boasting plenty of muscle in the likes of Amadou Onana and

Abdoulaye Doucoure.

The 28-year-old has made 17 appearances in the league for Fulham so far this season, but only nine of those have been starts, meaning he could be keen to earn more regular playing time elsewhere. While there is no guarantee that Dyche would find a definite spot for him in his starting lineup, he could be an exciting new option who provides a combination of industry and quality in the middle of the park.

Former Cottagers manager Scott Parker once spoke highly of him, saying: "I was really impressed with him. I thought he was outstanding. We brought him in against Cardiff last week – a tough team and it was difficult for him, and I thought against WBA he was immense really."

Reed has now appeared 102 times in the Premier League, highlighting his experience in the division, and he is also a 14-cap England Under-20 international from earlier in his career, showing that he has real pedigree and could make a difference at Goodison.

https://www.footballfancast.com/everton-transfer-news-really-like-fulham-harrison-reed-january/

WhiteJC

Fulham face Newcastle in FA Cup fourth round
Fulham have been drawn at home to Newcastle United in the FA Cup fourth round.

The Whites were beaten 3-0 at St. James' Park earlier this season after striker Raul Jimenez was sent off midway through the first half. Marco Silva's side will take on United on the weekend of Saturday 27 January.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/fulham-face-newcastle-in-fa-cup-fourth-round/

WhiteJC

Aston Villa eye bossman deal for Brazilian winger
As Felipe Anderson's contract approaches its expiration at the end of the season, several clubs, including Aston Villa and Fulham, are reportedly considering the player as a potential target.

According to Calciomercato.it, Aston Villa and Fulham are identified as the 'toughest competition' among the clubs expressing interest in Felipe Anderson in the Premier League.

Aston Villa and Fulham are closely monitoring Felipe Anderson's situation, while Lazio is making efforts to secure a contract extension for the forward. Given his previous experience at West Ham, the winger would likely adapt quickly to life at Villa Park or Craven Cottage, having a solid understanding of the expectations in Premier League football.

Both Aston Villa and Fulham should be mindful of Juventus, as the Serie A giants have reportedly initiated more than 'one direct contact' with Felipe Anderson's entourage in recent times.

Felipe Anderson's future will hinge on his personal vision, given his current significance in Lazio's plans under Maurizio Sarri. While he remains an integral part of the squad, the allure of a significant move for the 30-year-old might be tempting, especially if Aston Villa or Fulham present an appealing contract offer.

The Brazilian would be a decent addition to the Villans squad as he would add Premier League experience, and he loves front foot football.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2024/01/08/aston-villa-eye-bossman-deal-for-brazilian-winger/

Bill2

Quote from: WhiteJC on January 09, 2024, 12:02:11 AMNewcastle draw Fulham in FA Cup as Spurs, Man City, Chelsea & Villa face tough ties
Newcastle United will face Fulham at Craven Cottage in the fourth round of the FA Cup later this month following our third round win over Sunderland a few days ago.

The game is set to take place over the weekend of the 27th/28th January, coming just a few days before our trip to Aston Villa on Tuesday 30th January.

Elsewhere, Tottenham will face Man City, Chelsea drew Aston Villa, Liverpool face Norwich or Bristol Rovers at Anfield and Man Utd will face a trip to Newport County or Eastleigh if they get past Wigan tonight.

It's another tricky draw and one of several all-Premier League ties that came out of the hat, but a game we are more than capable of winning after we beat the Cottagers 3-0 on Tyneside last month.

It's actually the first time we've progressed to this stage of the FA Cup under Eddie Howe and comes after Saturday's brilliant win at Sunderland, where we battered the Mackems 3-0 following a second half brace from Alexander Isak

FA Cup 4th round draw:
Tottenham vs Manchester City
Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Liverpool vs Norwich City/Bristol Rovers
Fulham vs Newcastle
Newport County/Eastleigh vs Wigan/Manchester United
Watford vs. Southampton
Blackburn vs. Wrexham
Bournemouth vs. Swansea
West Brom vs. Brentford or Wolves
West Ham or Bristol City vs. Nottingham Forest or Blackpool
Leicester vs. Hull City or Birmingham
Sheffield Wednesday vs. Coventry
Ipswich vs. Maidstone United
Leeds vs. Plymouth
Crystal Palace or Everton vs. Luton or Bolton
Sheffield United vs. Brighton

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2024/01/08/newcastle-draw-fulham-in-fa-cup-as-spurs-man-city-chelsea-villa-face-tough-ties/?utm_content=cmp-true
Interesting to see, so we have Liverpool on the Wednesday, Newcastle on the Saturday and then Everton on the Tuesday. Three tough games. Not sure our best 11 are up to this and due to squad depth, quality and age think we will struggle to put out on our best side for al 3 games.