watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saudi Pro league attendances

Started by Oakeshott, January 18, 2024, 09:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakeshott

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/saudi-professional-league/besucherzahlen/wettbewerb/SA1

Apart from the money (not of course a factor to minimise and obviously the driver for most), decent European players in Saudi must feel that they are back in the UK equivalent of the Championship or lower. Henderson will enjoy playing for Ajax much more - indeed the crowd would probably be bigger and more enthusiastic if he were going back to Sunderland compared with what he was playing in front of at his former Saudi club.

Cumbrian White

It's a new sport for them, in a world of entertainment at the touch of a finger, like ladies football, it'll take time to grow, not sure what  the answer is, whether it;ll be success for the national team or their teams being allowed in the European Champions League and getting top clubs going over there, but the games Ive watched (usually AL Hilal) have been entertaining.

Unlike some, I have no hatred, distrust or will for them to fail. If it works it'll be good for football (my opinion) if it fails then it has no impact on my life.

I believe that if football had just started in 2024 in this country, then the crowds would be low and not hos it was back in the day, just because there are way more options out there now to distract people.

F(f)CUK

I disagree. If a world sport started up in this country we would go for it in a big way. However we may lose interest. Take for example the London Monarchs US football team. Wembley was filled out every week during the first season. Second season and everyone was in the stand opposite the main camera.

Twig

Quote from: F(f)CUK on January 19, 2024, 07:30:26 AMI disagree. If a world sport started up in this country we would go for it in a big way. However we may lose interest. Take for example the London Monarchs US football team. Wembley was filled out every week during the first season. Second season and everyone was in the stand opposite the main camera.

Hmmm American football isn't really a world sport though.

King_Crud

Quote from: Cumbrian White on January 19, 2024, 05:27:40 AMIt's a new sport for them, in a world of entertainment at the touch of a finger, like ladies football, it'll take time to grow, not sure what  the answer is, whether it;ll be success for the national team or their teams being allowed in the European Champions League and getting top clubs going over there, but the games Ive watched (usually AL Hilal) have been entertaining.

Unlike some, I have no hatred, distrust or will for them to fail. If it works it'll be good for football (my opinion) if it fails then it has no impact on my life.

I believe that if football had just started in 2024 in this country, then the crowds would be low and not hos it was back in the day, just because there are way more options out there now to distract people.

football is not a new sport to Saudi Arabia

Cumbrian White

Quote from: F(f)CUK on January 19, 2024, 07:30:26 AMI disagree. If a world sport started up in this country we would go for it in a big way. However we may lose interest. Take for example the London Monarchs US football team. Wembley was filled out every week during the first season. Second season and everyone was in the stand opposite the main camera.
So you agree then? A few Monarch games selling out isn't interest, it's failure, there are sports that are huge in Europe, Americas and other parts of the world and yet whilst we play then, it's very much low amateur level. NFL will only work here if there are competitive games with both USA and the other teams here. Having NFL London as rumoured is pointless, rules out everyone north of Watford, if we had a strong North, East, South and West UK based teams then you'll have a chance of success, however, having a support base for all those is extremely unlikely.

WindyCity

Watched one of the Super Cup games the other day (Italy or Spain, can't recall) and the attendance looked very sparse.

S.A. must be giving these two leagues a boat load of money to host these Super Cup competitions.  Why on earth Spain and Italy going abroad for these competitions is beyond me.  But, of course, money talks.......

btffc

Quote from: WindyCity on January 19, 2024, 03:36:26 PMWatched one of the Super Cup games the other day (Italy or Spain, can't recall) and the attendance looked very sparse.

S.A. must be giving these two leagues a boat load of money to host these Super Cup competitions.  Why on earth Spain and Italy going abroad for these competitions is beyond me.  But, of course, money talks.......

I think Spain gets around 40m and Italy gets around 30m for playing their Super Cups in Saudi