watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

African Cup of Nations

Started by Ludlow Richard, January 12, 2024, 07:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickTheBeard

Quote from: LC on January 14, 2024, 04:50:29 PMCan't believe a Championship centre back is ahead of Bassey. No disrespect to the guy ahead of him, but Bassey is a top 10 PL centre back. And we also need him
He plays left back for Nigeria I allways wondered if we sold our left back for loads of money he could move over and another c/b could be brought in like our youth player bowat doing well in Austria.]

bencher

Wasn't Bassey a barnstorming left back for Rangers in their Europa League run to the final?

Somerset Fulham

Whoops!

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on January 15, 2024, 05:17:18 PMWhoops!

I know almost all footballers have terrible dress sense (Fulham players included), but WTF is he wearing there?!   :slap:

btffc

Nigeria won 1-0 over Ivory Coast. Both Iwobi and Bassey went 90. Bassey played LCB in a back 3.

This pretty much guarantees them through to the round of 16 with 4/6 3rd place teams going through so any dreams of them coming home early are likely dashed.

Chi_FFC

Quote from: btffc on January 18, 2024, 07:19:21 PMNigeria won 1-0 over Ivory Coast. Both Iwobi and Bassey went 90. Bassey played LCB in a back 3.

This pretty much guarantees them through to the round of 16 with 4/6 3rd place teams going through so any dreams of them coming home early are likely dashed.

Even worse it makes them big favorites to win the group and the winner of that group has a relatively easy path to the semifinals.

jayffc

Quote from: btffc on January 18, 2024, 07:19:21 PMNigeria won 1-0 over Ivory Coast. Both Iwobi and Bassey went 90. Bassey played LCB in a back 3.

Damn!

Happy for them, Gutted for us, they've been huge for us recently.

hovewhite

Quote from: jayffc on January 18, 2024, 07:21:41 PM

Damn!

Happy for them, Gutted for us, they've been huge for us recently.
my thoughts also.

mrmicawbers

Colton F.C.

It will be down to 'Wembley Hero' Marcelo Djaló to lead the men of Guinea-Bissau to victory against Nigeria in the last group match.  Send the boys home Marcelo!

General

Quote from: Lordedmundo on January 15, 2024, 05:24:41 PM

I know almost all footballers have terrible dress sense (Fulham players included), but WTF is he wearing there?!   :slap:

This isn't bad dress sense for most of the African continent.. its par for the course for many. Its patterned/colourful.. similar to traditional clothing, or at least inspired by it.

He's a plank though if he wasn't with his national team (unless serious personal issued were in way and signed off by international manager etc).. and he misses a game because he left it last minute because he thought he should have better treatment, especially given his form at UTD.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Mullers OG on January 14, 2024, 09:48:00 PMThe legend that is Denis Odoi starts tonight for Ghana in the AFCON

He's having a good game!

filham

My only interest in this tournament is that Bassy and Iwobi get back in a fit state and as soon as possible.

Thailand Mick

They will miss the Everton game what ever happens and then they will miss the Burnley and Bournemouth games if they win their quarter final because even if they lose in the semi final there is still a third/fourth place game.Personally I wish them all the best and hope they win it.

Grassy Noel

Quote from: General on January 18, 2024, 08:52:59 PM
Quote from: Lordedmundo on January 15, 2024, 05:24:41 PM

I know almost all footballers have terrible dress sense (Fulham players included), but WTF is he wearing there?!   :slap:

This isn't bad dress sense for most of the African continent.. its par for the course for many. Its patterned/colourful.. similar to traditional clothing, or at least inspired by it.

He's a plank though if he wasn't with his national team (unless serious personal issued were in way and signed off by international manager etc).. and he misses a game because he left it last minute because he thought he should have better treatment, especially given his form at UTD.

He is an onanist.

Chi_FFC

Bit of a surprise right now at AFCON with Equatorial Guinea beating Ivory Coast 3-0. Nigeria are winning as well, but if these results hold up EG wins the group and Nigeria finishes second (which means a tougher road to the semis). 

Chi_FFC

And there it is. Nigeria wins 1-0 while Equatorial Guinea thumps the hosts 4-0. Nigeria finishes second in the group and will play the second place team from Group C (most likely Guinea, but could also be Cameroon or Senegal) on Saturday the 27th (day one of the round of 16). If you're a Fulham fan and want our boys back asap, this certainly looks to be a tougher draw than had they won the group.

I Ronic

Oi oi Denis Odoi about to start with Ghana against Mozambique.
Managed by Chris Hughton.

FulhamKC

Ghana gave up two stoppage time goals to be pegged back 2-2 so will not advance

filham

Quote from: Thailand Mick on January 20, 2024, 01:21:29 PM

They will miss the Everton game what ever happens and then they will miss the Burnley and Bournemouth games if they win their quarter final because even if they lose in the semi final there is still a third/fourth place game.Personally I wish them all the best and hope they win it.
[/quote
Quote from: Thailand Mick on January 20, 2024, 01:21:29 PMIt really hadn't registered with me how many Fulham games Iwobi and and Bassy were going to miss. Everton, Burnley and Bournmouth are vitual six pointers and defeats could put us in the relegation mix while the cup ties they will miss in the next four days could see us out of two cups.