Sunday 14/01
Everton   
0-0
   Villa
Man Utd   
2-2
   Spurs

WhiteJC

Eddie Howe provides four-word Newcastle United fitness update with 'brilliant' star set to return v Fulham
Newcastle United injuries: Eddie Howe provided a brief update on Tino Livramento after the defender missed the defeat to Manchester City.

Tino Livramento missed Newcastle United's 3-2 defeat against Manchester City on Saturday evening due to illness.

The 21-year-old made his Premier League debut for Newcastle against Man City back in August while also making his first start for the club against Pep Guardiola's side in the Carabao Cup the following month. Despite a lack of starts under Eddie Howe, Livramento has proven to be a useful member of the squad since his £31million summer arrival from Southampton.

Livramento even filled in at left-back while Dan Burn was out injured. Burn even admitted the youngster had been 'brilliant' in his absence.

"I have said this before I thought Tino was a great acquisition," Burn said previously. "Every time I saw him play at Southampton I thought he was brilliant, certainly one for the future."

But the full-back was left out of the matchday squad at St James' Park due to illness, something which was confirmed by the club and then reiterated by Howe after the match.

"That was illness today," Howe said when asked about Livramento's unavailability.

Newcastle now have a two-week break before they return to action at Fulham in the FA Cup fourth round. Livramento is expected to be back available for that match. Howe will be hoping to welcome back at least one more player from injury in that match with the likes of Jacob Murphy returning to light training following shoulder surgery and Callum Wilson recovering from a calf issue.

Joelinton has recently been ruled out for six weeks due to a thigh injury picked up against Sunderland.

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/eddie-howe-provides-four-word-newcastle-united-fitness-update-with-brilliant-star-set-to-return-v-fulham-4477471

WhiteJC

7 duels won, 8 clearances... 26-year-old Fulham man went under the radar with top display vs Chelsea
Fulham once again fell to an agonising defeat to local rivals Chelsea, but centre-back Tosin Adarabioyo had a very good game at the back.

Marco Silva was rightly furious at full-time after Malo Gusto avoided a red card for an awful challenge on Willian in the first half.

While Tosin had a great game in defence, it was his partner Issa Diop who made the crucial error that ended up handing the hosts all three points yesterday.

Fulham came into the match at Stamford Bridge knowing they hadn't won at their local rivals ground for more than 40 years.

Both teams played in the Carabao Cup in midweek and suffered away defeats.

However, the Whites had 24 hours less to recover and Silva chose to make just three changes to the starting line-up.

With a big break on the horizon, it's not a surprise that the Portuguese pushed his players to put in one last performance before taking some time off.

Unfortunately, Fulham weren't at their best and failed to carve out many decent opportunities, Harry Wilson's effort from a tight angle was the only time Djordje Petrovic was really tested.

Fulham's defence had to work hard to keep Chelsea's forwards at bay and Tosin did a great job in that respect.

Armando Broja couldn't add to his goal tally against the Whites this season, while he and Diop repelled any cross that arrived in the box.

Sadly, it wasn't enough for the Whites to come away from their biggest rivals with any points.

Tosin stars for Fulham in Chelsea defeat
While Fulham's away support left Stamford Bridge frustrated yesterday, they would have appreciated Tosin's performance in front of Bernd Leno.

The 26-year-old made eight clearances, three interceptions and blocked two shots.

He was only forced to make a single tackle but that's because he defended brilliantly on the front foot.

Against Liverpool, Tosin was caught on the ball several times but made a point against Chelsea to find his Fulham teammates slightly faster.

He completed 35 of his 49 attempted passes and only misplaced one of his five attempted long balls, a highly-rated feature of his game.

All in all, Tosin will be pleased with his performance but annoyed Fulham have once again failed to score a point during an away game.

It's the one aspect of Silva's record that needs to improve at Fulham but all eyes are now on the visit of Liverpool in the Carabao Cup.

The best way to put a derby defeat behind them is to secure a famous day at Wembley for the Whites.

https://www.fulham.news/2024/01/14/7-duels-won-8-clearances-26-year-old-fulham-man-went-under-the-radar-with-top-display-vs-chelsea/

WhiteJC

Newcastle Tickets (FA Cup)
Tickets for Fulham's Emirates FA Cup Fourth Round tie against Newcastle will go on sale from 10am on Tuesday 16th January.

The Whites host Newcastle United at Craven Cottage on Saturday 27th January, kick-off 7pm.

Ticket prices for the FA Cup tie start from just £5 for Juniors and £10 for Young Adults, while Adult tickets are priced from £40.

Season Ticket Holders can purchase from 10am on Tuesday 16th January, with Members able to buy from 10am on Thursday 18th January and supporters with a previous booking history from 10am on Friday 19th January.

Owing to the short turnaround time, Season Ticket Holder's seats will not be reserved at this fixture.

More information regarding on sale dates and pricing for this game can be found here.

Seats will be available to purchase from Tuesday online at tickets.fulhamfc.com, in person from the Fulham FC Ticket Office or by phone on 0203 871 0810 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm).

Supporters can secure up to six tickets each, so be sure to bring your friends and family to SW6 for an FA Cup night under the Cottage lights!

BUY TICKETS FROM 10AM ON TUESDAY

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2024/january/14/newcastle-tickets-fa-cup/

WhiteJC

Newcastle United fans gutted with size of away allocation – Fulham v Newcastle tickets
An announcement on Sunday morning with regards to Fulham v Newcastle tickets.

Newcastle United's statement (see below) saying they will be on sale from Monday, priced £40 for adults and less for concessions.

However, it is the number of Fulham v Newcastle tickets for away fans that is the big talking point.

NUFC say that in lines with the rules of the competition, Newcastle fans have been allocated 3,800 tickets.

Clubs are obliged to give at least 15% of the capacity to the away fans in the FA Cup and with Craven Cottage holding just under 25,000 fans at the moment, then 3,800 is in that 15% of capacity ballpark.

Their third round FA Cup match saw Fulham only attracting a crowd of 15,083 and that included 690 Rotherham fans.

Last season though, Fulham were at home to Leeds in the FA Cup fifth round and the home side won 2-0, for that match, Leeds fans were allocated 6,165 tickets for Craven Cottage.

Whilst earlier this season in the Carabao / League Cup second round in August, Spurs fans were given 5,500 tickets. In that competition, away clubs are only entitled to 10% of capacity as a right (unless the police / safety advisory group decide otherwise), so Spurs fans could have been given less than 2,500 tickets, yet got 3,000 more than that.

Yes, Newcastle fans have been given the bare minimum of tickets they were entitled to BUT gutted that we aren't getting the 6,000+ that Leeds got last season.

I wonder if there will be any explanation as to why this is the case?

NUFC official club announcement on Fulham v Newcastle tickets – 14 January 2024:
Tickets for Newcastle United's FA Cup tie at Fulham will go on sale on Monday.

Eddie Howe's side travel to Craven Cottage for a 19:00 GMT kick-off in the fourth round on Saturday, 27th January and United have been allocated 3,800 tickets in line with competition rules.

Sales will open from 10am on Monday, 15th January to season ticket holders with 90 and above away points. Points will be reduced twice daily at 10am and 4pm, excluding weekends, subject to availability.

Following supporter consultation there will be a limited allocation open to season ticket holder ballot for those who do not meet the away points threshold. This ballot will go live after the final points drop and will be open for entry for 24 hours.

Supporters will be asked to input card details. If they are successful in the ballot, payment will be taken and the season ticket holder will be notified by email. Those that are unsuccessful in the ballot will not be contacted and will not be charged.

Tickets will be in the form of paper.

Prices

Adults (22-64): £40
Seniors (over-65): £20
Youths (18-22): £10
Juniors (17 and under): £5
Disabled: Half price in your age category and registered as such on Newcastle United's ticketing system

There are just over 300 restricted view seats in the Magpies' allocation; the restriction is described as supporting pillars in view and these will be £2 less than the standard price above.

Children under 14 are not permitted to attend unless accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over.

Fulham FC turnstile staff may challenge anyone considered not to be a genuine concession and request proof of age. Please select the correct concession at the point of purchase and carry the appropriate ID on the day.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2024/01/newcastle-united-fans-gutted-with-size-of-away-allocation-fulham-v-newcastle-tickets/

WhiteJC

Alex Iwobi: One of my dreams is to lift AFCON trophy
Super Eagles and Fulham creative midfielder Alex Iwobi has said he was inspired to play for Nigeria and in the middle of the pack by his superstar uncle Austin Jay Jay Okocha.  Okocha help sway in Nigeria's midfield throughout the glorious Super Eagles of the 90s when Nigeria was rated number five in the world.

He was a wonder to behold helping winning the 1994 AFCON trophy, and 1996 Olympic football gold, qualified Nigeria for its first World Cup in 1994, and attending the one more in 1998.     

As the Super Eagles kicks off the 2023 AFCON campaign this afternoon, 3pm local time, against Equatorial Guinea, Iwobi's sight is set on winning the trophy for Nigeria and his uncle.         

"It has been one of my dreams to lift the trophy like my uncle did in 1994. That is the reason I also decided to play for my fatherland. I want to make my uncle, family and Nigerians happy. I want to brag to him (Okocha),"added Iwobi.

The former Arsenal player said he's set to use AFCON trophy to level playing field with Uncle Jay-Jay Okocha.

Iwobi was part of Nigeria's squad to the last Africa Nations Cup in Cameroon under coach Austin Eguavoen where Super Eagles were knocked out by Tunisia. The match would be remembered for Iwobi's red carded incidence five minutes after coming in as a substitute.   

His absence affected the team playing with 10 men and allowing Tunisia to run away with a goal victory. 

Iwobi also believed teammate Calvin Bassey will also play a pivotal part in Nigeria's campaign in Cote d'Ivoire.

Marco Silva secured the signature of two Nigerian players last summer as Calvin joined Fulham from Ajax, while Iwobi joined from Everton.

The pair joined The Cottagers last summer and have been regular starters for the club, forming a great bond as close friends.

Speaking in an interview with BeIN Sports, the duo shared how their friendship started with Iwobi teaching Bassey how to sing the Nigerian national anthem.

"We spent a lot of time together, and we connected, and I had to teach him how to sing the national anthem, which he can just about sing now," Iwobi said.

Bassey, 24, in response to Iwobi's comments, praised the on and off-field actions of the former Arsenal midfielder.

"He's just a good guy. He made me feel welcome and made me feel at home. It's why I'm glad he's here, not just the quality on the pitch, but how he is as a person, and it's just so good to have a friend like him," the former Ajax defender said.

Both players were selected to be a part of Jose Peseiro's 25-man squad list that will be travelling to represent Nigeria, and they couldn't hold back their thrill talking about what it feels like to play for the giants of Africa.

"It's home, you're not just representing your family, you're representing the whole nation. It means a lot especially the culture that we grew up in. We could have chosen to go elsewhere, but we went home. It's always an honour when you get called up and everyone sings the national anthem with so much pride, conviction and vim, and it's a proud moment every time you get called up," Iwobi said.

Calvin Bassey made his debut for Nigeria in the team's goalless draw against Ghana in 2022 and is set to fill big shoes as he plays his first tournament for the Super Eagles, and for the defender, it's a dream come true.

"For me it's big, it's a blessing you know. These are things you used to dream of when you were a kid. Big international tournaments, playing in the Premier League and living in it is just a blessing, and I just thank God, really," the versatile defender added.

Super Eagles coach, Jose Peseiro has been a big fan of both players in the past, and without a doubt, the duo will be pivotal players in the tactical system of the Portuguese tactician.

https://thenationonlineng.net/alex-iwobi-one-of-my-dreams-is-to-lift-afcon-trophy/

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney: I don't know whether Carabao Cup semi-final is more important than play-off showpieces
Scotsman Cairney scored the promotion-winning goal for Fulham over Aston Villa in the play-off final at Wembley back in 2018.

And he also played a central role as the Cottagers bounced straight back following relegation by seeing off west London neighbours Brentford 2-1 two years later in what is dubbed the 'richest game in football'.

Hence when asked whether the return leg of the Carabao Cup semifinal against Liverpool in less than a fortnight represents the greatest showpiece of his career, he said: " Is it more important than the play-off final? I don't know. The club needed that at that time. But it's definitely up there. The chance to take Fulham to a League Cup final would be incredibile. We've got to give everything. We're 2-1 down.. it's gonna be a big event for us. A 1-0 deficit is not the end of the world. It will be an exciting game...."

Despite ending up on the losing side against Chelsea Cairney, who turns 33 next week, showed that he can hold his own against €100 million players Enzo Fernandez and Moises Caicedo as his ferocious display helped keep Marco Silva's men in it until the last kick of the game.

He said: "I love it, I enjoy it! It showcased what I've got, what we've got. Enzo and Moises are top, top players [who have] on and off moments at the minute as Chelsea are going through a transition period.

"But listen, when they click they are a top team so it just shows how far we've come. We were in the Championship 18 months ago. We should be proud but we can definitely improve..."

https://www.capitalfootball.co.uk/single-post/tom-cairney-i-don-t-know-whether-carabao-cup-semi-final-is-more-important-than-play-off-showpieces

WhiteJC

Cairney: 'We'll give everything in League Cup second leg'
Fulham's play-off hero Tom Cairney doesn't think the League Cup semi-final second leg against Liverpool is a bigger clash that the Wembley Championship play-off final that he famously settled against Aston Villa.

The Cottagers' captain scored the only goal of the game to send Slavisa Jokanovic's side to the top flight in 2018 – but ranks Fulham's forthcoming second leg against the Reds as one of the biggest games of his career.

Speaking after Fulham's narrow defeat at Stamford Bridge yesterday, the Scottish international said:

"Is it more important than the play-off final? I don't know. The club needed that at that time. But it's definitely up there. The chance to take Fulham to a League Cup final would be incredibile. We've got to give everything. We're 2-1 down.. it's gonna be a big event for us. A one goal deficit is not the end of the world. It will be an exciting game.

Cairney enjoyed every moment of a competitive SW6 derby – and continuing to prove that he can make a contribution in the Premier League.

I love it, I enjoy it! It showcased what I've got, what we've got. Enzo and Moises are top, top players [who have] on and off moments at the minute as Chelsea are going through a transition period. But listen, when they click they are a top team so it just shows how far we've come. We were in the Championship 18 months ago. We should be proud but we can definitely improve."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/cairney-well-give-everything-in-league-cup-second-leg/

WhiteJC

Silva pledges Fulham's away form will improve
Marco Silva has insisted Fulham's away form will improve in the second half of the season after the Whites slipped to a narrow derby defeat at Chelsea yesterday afternoon.

The result – secured by a penalty in first half stoppage-time by Cole Palmer – means that the Cottagers have won only once away from Craven Cottage in the league all season: when they beat Everton on the opening weekend through Bobby De Cordova-Reid's second half strike.

Silva told his post-match press conference at Stamford Bridge:

"It's been tough for us. Of course we did start really well the season away from home at Goodison Park. After that we didn't achieve the results that we wanted or deserved. It was a difficult schedule for us away from home for us in the first half [of the season]...I'm sure that we are going to turn it around for us second hal and we are going to start getting better results away from home.

Normally we are a really brave team that we don't change really almost anything in our approach [to home games]. But the Premier League's the Premier League and it's always really difficult to play away from home. Of course we want to make Craven Cottage our fortress, where we are really strong at home, but I really believe and I'm confident that we are going to improve our away performances as well."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/01/silva-pledges-fulhams-away-form-will-improve/

WhiteJC

A wheely good way to travel! Fulham defender Kenny Tete is spotted heading home on a lime bike after his side's defeat by Chelsea - as he snubs luxury car for pay-as-you-go ride outside Stamford Bridge

Fulham full-back Kenny Tete used a bike to head home after the loss at Chelsea
    Tete was spotted wheeling the lime bike outside Stamford Bridge in a TikTok clip

Fulham defender Kenny Tete swapped a luxury supercar for a lime bike to head home after his side's defeat by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

The full-back was spotted wheeling the pay-as-you-go bike after Saturday's match by supporters, one of whom recorded the moment and posted it on TikTok.

In the short clip, Tete could be seen circling around on the road, seemingly waiting for directions. He then prepared to pedal away after being directed by a steward.

Tete was seen also carrying a large box in the basket and appeared in good spirits despite the result, with Cole Palmer's first-half penalty having settled the derby.

The 28-year-old had started the showdown and played 64 minutes.

Fulham defender Kenny Tete used a lime bike to head home after his side's defeat by Chelsea

The full-back played just over an hour of the derby before snubbing a supercar for the bike

He was helpless to prevent his side from slipping to a hard-fought 1-0 loss, however, with Palmer stepping up from 12 yards after Issa Diop fouled Raheem Sterling.

The result leaves the Cottagers 13th in the table, eight points above the drop zone.

Tete arrived at the club from Lyon in 2020 and has become a regular at Craven Cottage, having made 92 appearances to date and scored four goals.

He has made just nine league appearances this campaign due to a groin injury.

According to the Evening Standard, Fulham are ready to extend his contract by a further year to protect his value should clubs look to swoop in this month.

His current deal is set to expire in the summer but taking up the option to tie him down until July 2025 would effectively guarantee them a larger transfer fee.

They are expected to trigger the clause if Tete opens talks over a pre-contract with an overseas club, which he is permitted to do with his deal in its final six months.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12961803/Fulham-Kenny-Tete-lime-bike-Chelsea-car-Stamford-Bridge.html

WhiteJC

Defender's Next Move: Fulham or Porto?

Transfer Saga: The Pursuit of Çaglar Söyüncü
In the ever-turbulent football transfer market, the race for Atletico Madrid's Çaglar Söyüncü's signature heats up, as reported by A Bola.

Porto in Pole Position
While Fulham are keen to reinforce their backline with Söyüncü's prowess, FC Porto is currently leading the chase. A Bola's insights suggest that Porto's proactive approach could pave the way for a potential loan deal, marking an impressive coup for the Portuguese giants.

London Calling
Despite the lure of the Premier League, Fulham must intensify their campaign to secure Söyüncü. The London club's prospects hinge on their ability to present an attractive project, as the defender's ambitions surpass a mere return to England.

Turkish Director's Madrid Mission
Selahattin Baki's recent venture to Madrid underscores the seriousness of Fenerbahce's interest. However, Söyüncü's reluctance to revert to Turkish football highlights his appetite for a more challenging environment.

Ambitious Defender, Open Horizons
Söyüncü's stint at Wanda Metropolitano hasn't anchored his aspirations. With Fulham, Roma, and FC Porto all vying for his services, it's a testament to the defender's calibre and the value he brings to the table.

Credit to A Bola for shedding light on this intriguing narrative. Their coverage underscores the complexity and dynamism of the transfer dealings. The suitors are diverse, the player's ambition is clear, and the outcome remains poised on a knife-edge. As the football world watches, one can only speculate where Söyüncü's next chapter will unfold.

https://eplindex.com/102330/defenders-next-move-fulham-or-porto.html

WhiteJC

Fulham's João Palhinha 'dreaming' of Barcelona switch
Fulham star João Palhinha would jump at the chance to join Barcelona, either this month, or in the summer.

That's according to Diario Sport, who have today provided a fresh insight into the future of the highly-regarded Portuguese international.

Palhinha's name, of course, found itself front and centre in the headlines throughout last summer's transfer window.

This came as German giants Bayern Munich went as far as to fly the 28-year-old to Bavaria for a medical, only for the transfer to collapse at the last minute owing to Fulham's failure to source a replacement.

Palhinha, in turn, stayed put in west London, even putting pen to paper on a new contract.

And yet, media speculation has nevertheless continued to swirl, pointing towards a likely incoming exit for a player widely considered to be one of the Premier League's finest in his role.

One potential landing spot pushed by the aforementioned Sport today, meanwhile, comes in the form of Barcelona.

It is of course common knowledge that the powers that be in Catalunya are on the lookout for reinforcements at the base of the club's midfield, amid the ongoing struggles of summer addition Oriol Romeu.

In turn, it is suggested that Barca are highly appreciative of Palhinha's talents.

Not only that, but, significantly, the Portuguese himself is said to 'dream' of donning the Blaugrana's colours, something of a life-long ambition.

And yet, in reality, such a transfer coming to fruition is highly unlikely.

Barca remain in financial turmoil, meaning Fulham's asking price of around €60 million looks well out of the reach of Joan Laporta and co. at present.

https://getfootballnewsspain.com/fulhams-joao-palhinha-dreaming-of-barcelona-switch/

WhiteJC

Romano excites Arsenal with Bayern Munich update on Premier League midfielder
Fabrizio Romano has provided an update on Bayern Munich's pursuit of Fulham midfielder Joao Palhinha, and it brings good news for Arsenal.

The Portuguese midfielder has been among the best players in his role in the Premier League. Although he was close to joining Bayern Munich in the summer and even visited Munich on deadline day while Fulham searched for a replacement, the transfer fell through, compelling him to return to England.

Palhinha was hopeful that Bayern Munich would make another attempt to sign him this month, despite interest from Arsenal as a potential replacement for Thomas Partey.

In a positive turn for Arsenal, Romano suggests that Palhinha is now deemed too expensive for Bayern Munich. This development boosts Arsenal's chances of securing his signature.

Speaking to Caught Offside, Romano said

"Joao Palhinha will not join Bayern Munich in the January transfer window. We know he was almost a Bayern player on deadline day in the summer before the deal collapsed – Bayern decided to keep following the player because they still like and appreciate Palhinha. However, now the deal will not happen because he is considered too expensive.

Just Arsenal Opinion
Palhinha is a fine midfielder, and he did well when we faced them in the league recently, so we should consider a move for him in the summer.

https://www.justarsenal.com/romano-excites-arsenal-with-bayern-munich-update-on-premier-league-midfielder/357934

WhiteJC

Bayern Munich won't be approaching João Palhinha for a transfer
Well, on to the next one.

According to a report from Sky Sport journalist Kerry Hau, Bayern Munich informed Fulham FC midfielder João Palhinha that the club is not interested in bringing him to Germany this month:

The decision has been made: João Palhinha and his family have been informed that a transfer to FC Bayern in January is no longer an issue. The player is very disappointed; he was convinced of a move to Munich until the end of December.

Bayern Munich sporting director Christoph Freund addressed that matter during Eric Dier's introductory press conference.

"We looked at him last summer, but the priority now was to strengthen ourselves at the back. In addition, Aleksandar Pavlović has already filled a good role. That's why we believe we have a good alternative internally," Freund said (as captured by @iMiaSanMia).

The emergence of Pavlović could very well have given Bayern Munich the assurance it needed to forgo an expensive transfer during this window. With Leon Goretzka's improved performance in the first half of the season and steady showings from Joshua Kimmich and Raphaël Guerreiro, the Bavarians have four very solid midfield options — plus the ability to use players like Dier and Jamal Musiala in the central midfield if needed.

https://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2024/1/14/24037410/bayern-munich-rumors-joao-palhinha-for-a-transfer-pvlovic-kimmich-goretzka-tuchel-kane-guerreiro

WhiteJC

Birmingham City Hoping To See Off Interest To Keep Hold Of Star
Birmingham City are hoping they can see off interest from Ipswich Town to keep hold of Jay Stansfield, according to journalist Alan Nixon.

Stansfield is on loan at Blues from Premier League side Fulham and started in Birmingham's 2-2 draw with Swansea City in the Championship on Saturday afternoon.

The Fulham man has come onto the radar of promotion challengers Ipswich, who have made adding firepower during this month's transfer window a priority.

Kieran McKenna's men are hopeful they will be able to convince Fulham and Stansfield to switch loans to Portman Road.

Birmingham are keen to keep hold of Stansfield though.

Blues have even brought Stansfield's brother on board to work as part of their backroom staff.

There is a date in the January transfer window by which time Fulham would have to recall Stansfield from his Birmingham loan.

It is unclear what the date is, but Birmingham are claimed to be relaxed about the situation regarding a recall trigger.

https://insidefutbol.com/2024/01/14/birmingham-city-hoping-to-see-off-interest-to-keep-hold-of-star/633072/

WhiteJC

Arsenal, Tottenham, Fulham plot summer move for Santiago Gimenez

Arsenal and Tottenham are among those keen on Feyenoord hitman Santiago Gimenez, but the Mexican might only move in the summer.
According to Football Insider, Santiago Gimenez has some important suitors from the Premier League, with Arsenal and Tottenham interested. The Mexican might not move out of Feyenoord in mid-season, as the Dutch champions prefer a summer sale.

Arsenal and Tottenham chase Santiago Gimenez
There are quite a few forwards in world football with a prolific profile as Santiago Gimenez over the last 18 months. The Mexican has once again had a brilliant start to the campaign with Feyenoord, with 21 goals scored across all competition for the Dutch side.

The 20-goal star's stellar start to the season has already seen some of the biggest clubs showing an interest. The Mexican has had consistent suitors since the start of the current campaign, with Arsenal and Tottenham among those who are keen.

The North London duo have been looking for a new striker for some time. The Gunners, in particular, are looking for a prolific goalscorer to lead their line and might end up experimenting with the signing of Gimenez. Any move will depend on Feyenoord's asking price, with previous reports suggesting they will =demand at least £60 million.

Tottenham also had a look at Gimenez earlier and might still retain an interest as they continue to search for a long-term replacement for Harry Kane. They did sign Tmo Werner this month on loan, and that might see them shut shop on the attacking side of their squad.

If Gimenez becomes available in the summer, then the two north London sides will scramble for his signature alongside a host of other top clubs.

Santiago Gimenez is in high demand.
Gimenez has already scored 21 goals this season and harbours big ambitions for the future. There was speculation that some of the big sides might have looked to sign him this month, but Feyenoord is not keen on a mid-season sale.

Feyenoord are still fighting on multiple fronts, especially in the Eredivisie, and considers Gimenez as one of their best players. While they are not keen on a sale now, some of the interested clubs might make a generous offer in the summer.

Arsenal and Tottenham are clearly in the mix for the 20-goal star either this month or the summer, but some others, including Real Madrid, might consider signing the Mexican.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2024/01/15/arsenal-tottenham-fulham-plot-summer-move-for-santiago-gimenez/

WhiteJC

Fulham's Tom Cairney insists he was 'bamboozled' by inconsistent decisions during defeat to Chelsea... after Malo Gusto escaped a red card for studs-up challenge on Willian

Tom Cairney insisted he was left 'bamboozled' by the officiating on Saturday
    Malo Gusto was lucky to avoid a red card after a high challenge on Willian

Fulham captain Tom Cairney said he was 'bamboozled' by the inconsistency in refereeing decisions after Chelsea defender Malo Gusto escaped a red card during their 1-0 win on Saturday.

Gusto was only booked by Anthony Taylor in the first half at Stamford Bridge after catching Willian with the follow-through of a studs-first challenge.

Fulham manager Marco Silva called VAR Michael Salisbury's decision not to upgrade Gusto's punishment a 'mistake', and Cairney added: 'When you think Dominic Calvert-Lewin got sent off for not touching anyone (for Everton at Crystal Palace in the FA Cup, a decision that was overturned on appeal) and then that one was just a yellow card... I am just bamboozled.

'He has hit him clean. He has got shin pads but he has hit him high and in modern football you can't do that.

'We saw it on the laptop at half-time and all six studs are on his leg.

Tom Cairney said he was 'bamboozled' by the inconsistency in refereeing decisions at Chelsea

Malo Gusto escaped a red card despite a high challenge on Fulham winger Willian

'We asked the ref at the time and he said it had gone to VAR to be checked, so we are so confused. I am just really confused, that's normally a straight red.

'Maybe you don't get these things away from home. It is strange.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12962853/Fulhams-Tom-Cairney-insists-bamboozled-inconsistent-decisions-defeat-Chelsea-Malo-Gusto-escaped-red-card-studs-challenge-Willian.html

WhiteJC

Burnley, Fulham interested in Strasbourg defender Gerzino Nyamsi?
Burnley and Fulham are reportedly interested in signing Strasbourg defender Gerzino Nyamsi this month.

The 26-year-old has featured in 13 Ligue 1 matches for the French club this season, recently recovering from an injury which has kept him out of action since early December.

Nyasmi joined from Rennes in the summer of 2021 and has gone on to make 69 appearances for the BlueCo-owned club, scoring one goal over that period.

The centre-back represented France at Under-20 level between 2018 and 2019, but he yet to earn a call-up for the two-time World Cup winners on the senior stage.

According to Football Insider, Premier League duo Burnley and Fulham have registered their interest in Nyamsi this month.

The report claims that the English duo are not alone in their fondness of the player, though, with Belgian Pro League outfit Anderlecht also impressed by the defender.

Strasbourg are said to be weighing up whether they would be willing to let Nyamsi depart in January or not, with Patrick Vieira's side chasing down a top-six place in the Ligue 1 standings.

The Frenchman's contract at Stade de la Meinau expires in the summer of 2025, so Strasbourg are in no immediate rush to part ways with the player.

Burnley head coach Vincent Kompany has signalled his intentions to bring in reinforcements during the winter transfer window as they attempt to avoid an immediate return to the Championship.

The Clarets are currently 19th in the Premier League table, five points behind 17th-placed Everton after drawing against Luton Town on Friday night at Turf Moor.

Dara O'Shea and Hjalmar Ekdal were the centre-back pairing for Burnley last time out, with the latter making a surprise return from injury to feature.

As for the West Londoners, Marco Silva's Fulham are looking for defensive signings with Tosin Adarabioyo's future at Craven Cottage in doubt.

The former West Bromwich Albion loanee has under six months left on his contract with the Cottagers, meaning he could leave on a free transfer at the conclusion of the campaign.

Owing to their FA Cup at the hands of Tottenham Hotspur, Burnley have over two weeks to prepare for a trip to current champions Manchester City on January 31.

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/burnley/transfer-talk/news/burnley-fulham-interested-in-gerzino-nyamsi_533819.html?newsnow

WhiteJC

Nigeria: Afcon 2023 - Iwobi Refuses to Blame Injury Woes for Super Eagles' Shaky Start
Injuries and withdrawals forced Coach Peseiro into three changes to his final squad before the tournament began in Cote d'Ivoire.

Despite the 1-1 result in their opening AFCON 2023 game against Equatorial Guinea, Super Eagles midfielder Alex Iwobi refused to blame the draw on the team's recent injury woes.

Nigeria, the three-time African champions, could only manage a 1-1 stalemate, leaving Iwobi frustrated but undeterred. "It's one of those days," he explained. "We had chances, but it just wasn't meant to be."

He revealed that coach Jose Peseiro urged the team to push for more at halftime, and although the Eagles stepped up their game, the winning goal remained out of reach.

When asked about the impact of player injuries, Iwobi maintained a firm stance: "Not at all, because for Nigeria, we have a lot of players who can play, but of course, we are disappointed losing some players to injury, but as a nation, we have a lot of players, so that shouldn't affect us.

Before the tournament began in Cote d'Ivoire, Coach Peseiro had to make three changes to his final squad because of injuries that led to withdrawals.

The team drafted Alhassan Yussuf as a replacement for Wilfred Ndidi; Terem Moffi replaced Victor Boniface; and Paul Onuachu joined in for the injured Sadiq Umar.

However, for Iwobi and the Super Eagles, the focus remains on moving forward. With two more group matches ahead, the Fulham midfielder believes the Eagles have ample opportunity to find their rhythm and secure a place in the knockout stages and beyond.

https://allafrica.com/stories/202401150015.html

WhiteJC

'Unsung' £3m Fulham star who is a real 'fan favourite' praised after Chelsea display
Fulham suffered another agonising derby day defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, but the return of Kenny Tete to the starting line-up was welcomed by the travelling support.

After starring for so much of last season under Marco Silva, Tete has found himself in competition with Timothy Castagne for a starting spot this year after picking up an injury at the beginning of the campaign.

Speaking on The 2 Robbies Podcast, Robbie Mustoe hailed the impact of the Dutch defender even if he couldn't prevent Fulham's loss at the weekend.

Considering how emphatically Fulham won the Championship 18 months ago, the team seem to really struggle when forced to play three matches in a week.

They couldn't have been handed a shorter turnaround, heading home from Anfield after a Wednesday night Carabao Cup tie before walking about at Stamford Bridge for the early kick-off on Saturday.

The Whites didn't produce their best performance but almost didn't need to as Chelsea's mediocre campaign continues.

A late first-half penalty from Cole Palmer ended up deciding the tie after a poor challenge from Issa Diop.

Silva only made three changes to his Fulham team against Chelsea and Kenny Tete was one of them.

The £3m full-back earned praise for his performance but will need to really stand out when selected to cement his position as Fulham's first-choice right-back.

Tete earns praise despite Fulham's loss to Chelsea
Speaking about the 28-year-old, Mustoe said: "I just love the way they defend as well. Kenny Tete I think is often another one who is underappreciated.

"He doesn't half do a good job, he's a good defender, steady on the ball, I think he's a fan favourite and he was missed last year, I think it was last year that he was out for a while.

"I just made a quick note about him, he was one of those unsung guys at a club that is really important to the way they defend."

Tete has been fantastic since arriving at Craven Cottage but has struggled to stay fit for an entire campaign.

He started 29 games last season, nearly double the number he managed during the Championship-winning season.

The Dutchman is an unbelievable one-on-one defender and pops up with plenty of assists too, although, he's not developed the same understanding with Raul Jimenez as he had with Aleksandar Mitrovic just yet.

https://www.fulham.news/2024/01/15/unsung-3m-fulham-star-who-is-a-real-fan-favourite-praised-after-chelsea-display/