watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Clint Dempsey

Started by Fulham_Adam, January 23, 2011, 02:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham_Adam

It's a shame that more wasn't made of his brilliant touch to bring down the ball and turn to win the penalty. What he did was absolute class and reminded me of something Bergkamp would have done!

MOTD didn't really mention it and a lot of the match reports failed to give him the credit he deserves. If it was Rooney can you imagine how the media would've reacted!?
The past is told by those who win.

LordNelson

This was the description in the original Guardian article before being modified:

Pointless from two meetings with these opponents, Pulis will be relieved to see the back of all things Fulham.

His side had been reduced to 10 before the hour-mark, the captain Ryan Shawcross dismissed – for the second time this season – for a professional foul after hauling the excellent Clint Dempsey to the turf in conceding a second-half penalty. The American's collection of Murphy's pass was sublime, his turn between Robert Huth and Shawcross too slick for the dawdling defenders. The centre-half was panicked into his foul and a two-match suspension awaits, with Dempsey's penalty emphatic.

I personally like the dawdling defenders bit of Gentleman Jim alliteration!!   :005:
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

finnster01

Quote from: Fulham_Adam on January 23, 2011, 02:34:51 PM
It's a shame that more wasn't made of his brilliant touch to bring down the ball and turn to win the penalty. What he did was absolute class and reminded me of something Bergkamp would have done!

MOTD didn't really mention it and a lot of the match reports failed to give him the credit he deserves. If it was Rooney can you imagine how the media would've reacted!?
It wouldn't have mattered if he had circled him three times and made him lose his shorts in the process, it still wouldn't be talked about on MOTD because he wears a Fulham shirt
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Whiteroom

I am a huge Clint fan. Am I right in thinking that he is also our longest serving current player? I am just getting a little scared that if he scores many more, which I hope he does, that he will be stolen from us.

Fulham_Adam

Quote from: Whiteroom on January 23, 2011, 02:46:31 PM
I am a huge Clint fan. Am I right in thinking that he is also our longest serving current player? I am just getting a little scared that if he scores many more, which I hope he does, that he will be stolen from us.

I'm a big fan as well, got his name on the back of my shirt. There's been rumours of Liverpool sniffing around.  :red:
I believe Clint was bought in the same window as Davies, can't remember who we got first.
The past is told by those who win.

leonffc

Come on be fair. The BBC have a difficult time deciding what to squeeze into a program.
Obviously it is of much more importance to show David Beckham in the Arsenal crowd feeding his kid than to give a few seconds talking about a good peice of football. After all, most people tune in to see what celebrity has made it to a football match rather than actual football!!

HatterDon

I think the Welsh Wizard beat the Tremendous Texan into our team.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Matt

Quote from: HatterDon on January 23, 2011, 03:48:52 PM

But the Tremendous Texan made his debut before the Welsh Wizard. 20th January against Spurs vs. 30th against Sheffield United.
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

cebu

Quote from: HatterDon on January 23, 2011, 03:48:52 PM

Both came in Jan 2007. Clint played his 1st match on the 20th. Simon didn't sign till the 24th.

SmithyFFC

I've been on of Clints harshest critics this season, but yesterday he shut me up, he was brillant.
FTID

BarryP

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on January 23, 2011, 06:33:50 PM
I've been on of Clints harshest critics this season, but yesterday he shut me up, he was brillant.

Yesterday he was brilliant.  It may have been his best all-around match in a Fulham shirt.  Clint has had his brilliant moments like Juventes  but I thought he was the whole package for 90 full minutes yesterday.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."