watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff - 17/02/24...

Started by WhiteJC, February 16, 2024, 11:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Sao Paulo's Pablo Maia admires the Premier League, with the Brazilian midfielder tipped as a potential summer target for Arsenal, Fulham and West Ham

Sao Paulo's Pablo Maia has opened up on his admiration of the Premier League
    The midfielder is a potential summer target for Arsenal, Fulham and West Ham

Sao Paulo midfielder Pablo Maia, tipped as a possible summer transfer target for clubs including Arsenal, West Ham and Fulham, has told Mail Sport how he admires the Premier League.

'I heard about an offer from an English club to Sao Paulo FC, and then another club inquired about a loan deal two windows back,' said 22-year-old Maia.

'The Premier League is played at the highest technical and intense level in the world, with players accustomed to the Champions League and World Cup.

'It's a league that we dream of, set as a goal. Whenever I can, I watch the games and analyse how players in my position perform.'

Despite the interest from abroad, Maia insists he remains focused on Sao Paulo and his ambition to earn a call-up to Brazil's national team.

Sao Paulo's Pablo Maia has revealed his love of the Premier League ahead of a potential move

Maia wants to keep contributing to Sao Paulo's success, like the recent the Brazilian Super Cup

Maia has been tipped as a possible summer transfer target for Arsenal, West Ham and Fulham

He has a close relationship with new Brazil boss Dorival Junior, under whom he secured the Copa do Brasil title, who is preparing to select his first squad for the friendly against England at Wembley next month.

'I am working harder every day, always focused and aiming to be worthy of a call-up to the national team,' said Maia. 'If it happens, I will definitely be prepared. It's one of my goals for this year.'

Maia's immediate focus lies on contributing to Sao Paulo FC's success. Reflecting on their recent triumphs, including winning the Copa do Brasil in 2023 and the Brazilian Super Cup, he stressed the importance of starting the year strong and how collective achievements drive individual performance.

'My dreams are focused on my goals here at Sao Paulo. I'm sure that with our team's excellent collective performance, it will contribute to my individual performance. If offers come in the middle of the year and are good for the team and for me as a career project, that could happen.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13092683/Sao-Paulos-Pablo-Maia-admires-Premier-League-Brazilian-midfielder-tipped-potential-summer-target-Arsenal-Fulham-West-Ham.html

WhiteJC

Fulham vs Aston Villa: Preview and Prediction

Fulham host Aston Villa in the Premier League at the weekend and they will look to build on the win over Bournemouth in the last outing.
The London club are 12th in the league table and they will want to finish in the top half. However, they have picked up just two wins from the last six league matches and they will need to improve in order to finish the season in the top half of the table.

There is no doubt that they have an impressive squad and the players will need to step up and deliver.

Meanwhile, Aston Villa are going through a rough patch. After an exceptional start to the season, they have dropped quite a few points in recent weeks. They have picked up just two wins from six league matches and they have dropped to fifth in the league table. If they want to secure European qualification, they will have to buckle up and get their stuttering campaign back on track.

Both teams will be desperate for a win here and they have the quality to grind out all three points as well. It will be interesting to see who comes out on top eventually.

Team news and tactics
Fulham
The home team will be without Raul Jimenez and Kenny Tete because of injuries. They are likely to shape up in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Bernd Leno in goal.

Timothy Castagne and Antonee Robinson will start as the fullbacks. They will look to help out at both ends of the pitch.

Tosin Adarabioyo will start alongside Tim Ream in central defence. In the midfield pivot, Joao Palhinha will start alongside Tom Cairney. The two players will look to add defensive cover and control to the side from the deep.

Andreas Pereira will look to add creativity in the final third with his passing and vision.

Bobby De Cordova-Reid and Willian will be deployed in the wide areas. They will look to add flair and creativity from the flanks.

Armando Broja is likely to lead the line for Fulham.

Probable Lineup (4-2-3-1): Leno; Castagne, Adarabioyo, Ream, Robinson; Palhinha, Cairney; Reid, Pereira, Willian; Broja

Aston Villa
The visitors will be without Boubacar Kamara, Ezri Konsa, Tyrone Mings, Diego Carlos and Emiliano Buendia  due to injuries.

The Aston Villa defensive unit is depleted because of injuries and they will have to be compact at the back in order to grind out a positive result here.

They are likely to shape up in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Emiliano Martinez in goal.

Matty Cash and Alex Moreno will start as the full backs. They will look to help out defensively and provide width during counter attacking opportunities.

Pau Torres will start as the central defender along with Clement Lenglet. In the midfield pivot, Douglas Luiz will start alongside John McGinn. While the Brazilian will look to break up opposition attacks and win the ball back for his side, McGinn will look to add drive and creativity.

Leon Bailey and Jacob Ramsey will be deployed in the wide areas here. They will look to add flair and creativity from the flanks.

Ollie Watkins will lead the line for Aston Villa with Moussa Diaby behind him in the hole.

Probable Lineup (4-2-3-1): Martinez; Cash, Torres, Lenglet, Moreno; Luiz, McGinn; Bailey, Diaby, Ramsey; Watkins

Key Stats

Aston Villa have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 3 matches against Fulham in all competitions.
    Aston Villa have won 5 of their last 6 matches against Fulham in all competitions.
    17 goals have been scored in the last six meetings between these two teams.
    Aston Villa have failed to win four of the last six league matches.
    Fulham have failed to win four of the last six league matches.

Key Player
Ollie Watkins
The 28-year-old has been one of the best attackers in the Premier League this season with 11 goals and 10 assists in the league. Aston Villa will need him to be at his best if they want to grind out all three points with their injury issues.

The England international will look to create goal scoring opportunities for his teammates and get on the scoresheet himself. He is our key player to watch out for.

Prediction
Fulham 1-1 Aston Villa
Both teams will be desperate for a win here and neither side are in the best of form. This will be a close contest and the two teams could end up cancelling each other out.

It will be hard to separate the two teams on current form and they are likely to share the spoils.

https://thehardtackle.com/round-up/2024/02/16/fulham-vs-aston-villa-preview-and-prediction/

WhiteJC

Fulham tomorrow and match facts from the BBC
It's not been a great couple of weeks has it and I've been reading on Twitter that our former CEO created a Twitter account and posted an angry letter for everyone to see, moaning a lot about the new CEO or President of Operations, I'm not sure these days.

Okay, it might not be the former CEO, but it does feel like if someone really did love the Club, they wouldn't be sharing that on Twitter, it's not what we need. But, it's done now and I'll write what I wrote on Twitter and that's that I trust the owners and Chris Heck is new and new people want new things.

And should be seen as an unwanted distraction and hopefully quickly forgotten. You see, it's not been a great couple of weeks because of results. We were slow against Chelsea and off the pace, but against Manchester United, we were very unlucky to lose, but lose we did.

And it's not just the results, we're losing players on a consistent basis at the moment. Kamara is out for the season and Carlos is out for a few weeks after picking up a hamstring injury in training. In good news though, Torres and Digne are back and even though I like Moreno, Digne delivers.

And we're not the only side that has suffered with injuries, it's what we do with the players that we have that count and I think our squad is good enough to compete and I have faith that they'll create and give everything they can. A little luck going our way for once would be nice though.

All that written, it really is an important match. I don't need to spell it out we all know why and I think there will be a group of people tomorrow that know it as much, if not more, than we do. It's all about the 90 minutes tomorrow and maybe results in other places.

I'll be back then, with a bottle of red.

Match facts from the BBC
Head-to-head

Fulham have won six of their past seven home games against Aston Villa in all competitions, losing the other.
    However, Villa have won four of the five most recent Premier League meetings, with the exception being a 3-0 loss at Craven Cottage last season that resulted in Steven Gerrard being sacked as head coach.

Fulham

Fulham are on a three-match unbeaten run in the top flight, winning one and drawing two.
    The Cottagers have won five of their past seven home league matches (D1, L1), scoring 18 goals in those victories.
    Marco Silva's side have faced 46 shots in their past two home fixtures - 21 versus Everton and 25 against Bournemouth - which amounts to a third of the efforts they've faced at Craven Cottage this season.
    Rodrigo Muniz has three goals in his last two Premier League games after failing to score in his first 10 appearances.
    Armando Broja has scored just once in his last 21 Premier League appearances, with that goal coming in Chelsea's 2-0 victory at Craven Cottage in October.

Aston Villa

Aston Villa have lost three of their past four games in all competitions, winning the other.
    However, they are unbeaten in four away matches, winning two and drawing two.
    Villa could suffer consecutive Premier League defeats for the first time since May 2023.
    The Villans have won their last nine Premier League fixtures against London opposition, including their previous three trips to the capital this season.
    Unai Emery is set for his 50th league game in charge of Aston Villa - he's won 29, drawn eight and lost 12 of the previous 49.
    Ollie Watkins has scored in five of his last six top-flight appearances in London.
    Emiliano Martinez is set to make his 200th English league appearance.

https://www.thevillablog.co.uk/aston-villa-blog/avfc-opinion/fulham-tomorrow-and-match-facts-from-the-bbc

WhiteJC

Two late goals earn Under-21s draw against Fulham
Late goals from Pedro Lima and Joe Duffy earned Norwich City Under-21s a point in a 3-3 draw at home to Fulham.

The Canaries got off to the perfect start after only four minutes, as Ken Aboh finished wonderfully after Joe Duffy's through ball.

Finley Welch put in a teasing cross, hoping to find a teammate, but it was headed clear by a Fulham defender.

Fulham would have chances of their own, with Dan Barden being called into action to deny Lemar Gordon.

The away side would have their equaliser, as Callum Osmand was played through and lifted the ball over an onrushing Barden.

Adian Manning met a Welch corner on the volley, which forced Alfie McNally in the Fulham goal to collect.

Osmand, again, created a chance for Fulham, with Barden saving his acrobatic effort.

Dan Ogwuru had a chance to restore the lead for Norwich after being found by Waylon Renecke, but he was unable to guide it on target.

Welch and Aboh combined well in the final third for the Canaries, with the latter getting a shot away which was deflected wide.

Osmand struck seven minutes into the second half, as Fulham went in front for the first time.

Ellis Craven, who replaced Dan Barden in goal at half-time, then made a double save to deny the away side adding a third.

But just after the hour mark, they would a third, as a cross was diverted goalwards by a Norwich defender.

Welch saw a venomous effort tipped over the crossbar as the Canaries went in search of a route back into the game.

Pedro Lima pulled one back with one minute of regular time remaining, finishing well from close range.

And it would be late heroics from Duffy, who met Marcel McIntosh's ball at the back post to equalise in the fifth minute of stoppage time.

Norwich City Under-21s: Barden (Craven h-t), Riley, McIntosh, Wilson, Renecke, Manning (Lima 68), Djedje (Brooke 76), Welch, Duffy, Aboh (Mundle-Smith 68), Ogwuru (Eze 76).

Bookings: Wilson (83), Renecke (90+1), Craven (90+1)

Goals: Aboh (4), Lima (89), Duffy (90+5)

Fulham Under-21s: McNally, Tanton, Okkas, Araujo (McAvoy 60), De Fourgerbues (Avenell 80), McCoy-Splatt (Dibley-Dias 67), Gordon, King (Pajaziti 67), Osmand, Sekularac, Works.

Unused subs: Varney.

Bookings: Araujo (26), Tanton (37), Sekularac (83), Gordon (90+1)

Goals: Osmand (16, 52) OG (62)

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/two-late-goals-earn-under-21s-draw-against-fulham

WhiteJC

Tony Khan On How He Balances His Roles In & Out Of AEW
Tony Khan is a busy man these days running All Elite Wrestling, being the Sporting Director of Fulham FC, and the Chief Football Strategy Officer for the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars.

On a recent edition of the "Payne and Pendergast" podcast, the AEW President commented on how he balances his work load. He said,

"Every day's different. You're working in the different sports, you have to devote your attention differently throughout the season, but really there's no off-season in wrestling. Wrestling's year-round and there is off seasons to some extent in the NFL and the Premier League, but that's also scouting time, that's valuable player personnel time of course, particularly in my role at Fulham as the Sporting Director."

He continued, "There's really no time off in anything we do, and I just love working in football and wrestling, it's great."

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/aew/tony-khan-on-how-he-balances-his-roles-in-out-of-aew

WhiteJC

Canaries stage stoppage time comeback
Norwich City scored twice in stoppage time to come back from 3-1 down and deny Fulham under 21s a win on the road in the PL2 last night as Hayden Mullins' side threw away another winning position.

A brace from the in-form Callum Osmand and a second half strike from teenage midfielder Josh King gave the young Whites a commanding lead but they conceded twice in added twice to leave Norfolk with only a point. Pedro Lima and Joe Duffy grabbed the late goals to earn a share of the spoils for the Canaries, who were rewarded for a commendable never-say-die attitude.

Fulham's night got off to the worst possible start when the hosts went in front in the fourth minute. Winger Ken Aboh raced onto a through ball from Duffy and finished flawlessly to put Norwich a goal to the good. It might have been worse had Luc de Fougerolles not been in the right place to head away a dangerous cross from Finley Welch as Alan Neilson's side made a strong side against his old club.

The visitors gradually got into the game themselves with lively winger Lemar Gordon testing home goalkeeper Dan Barden after a strong run along the right wing. Mullins' men drew level on sixteen minutes when Osmand, a regular scorer for both the under 18s and the under 21s this term, latched onto a lovely ball from centre back Harvey Araujo and clipped a clever finish over the advancing Barden.

The remainder of the first half proved to be an exceptionally open affair. Aidan Manning saw his volley from Welch's corner well saved by Alfie McNally before an overhead kick from Osmand was well gathered by Barden in the Norwich goal. Dan Ogworu drove wide after being played in by Waylon Renecke before Welch saw his drive deflected wide having linked up well with Aboh.

Fulham remained a threat on the break and dominated possession early in the second half before Osmand's second of the evening put them in front eight minutes after the interval. The Welsh youth international kept his composure to calmly find the net after being teed up by Kristian S?ekularac and Norwich were indebted to an excellent double save from Ellis Craven, who had come on for Barden at half time, for keeping them in the contest.

The Cottagers did find a third just after the hour mark when the impressive King saw his cross deflected past the unfortunate Craven after Gordon had sent the teenager scampering into the penalty area and, despite strong late pressure from the home side, it looked as if Fulham would hold on comfortably for all three points when McNally tipped over a rising drive from Welch late on.

Substitute Lima's close-range finish in the first minute of added time appeared to be only a consolation but winger Duffy headed home an equaliser in the fifth minute of stoppage time to break Fulham's hearts as he climbed highest to meet a cross from Marcel McIntosh at the far post.

NORWICH CITY UNDER 21s (4-3-3): Barden (Craven 45); Riley, Renecke, Wilson, McIntosh; Djedje (Brooke 77), Manning (Lima 68), Welch; Aboh (E. Mundle-Smith 68), Duffy, Ogwuru (Eze 77).

BOOKED: Wilson, Renecke.

GOALS: Aboh (3), Lima (90+1), Duffy (90+5).

FULHAM UNDER 21s (4-3-3): McNally; Tanton, Okkas, Araujo, de Fougerolles (Avenall 81); King (Pajaziti 67), McCoy-Splatt (Dibley-Dias 67), S?ekularac; Gordon, Works, Osmand. Subs (not used): Varney.

BOOKED: Araujo, Tanton, Gordon.

GOALS: Osmand (15, 53), King (63).

REFEREE: Ruebyn Ricardo.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/02/canaries-stage-stoppage-time-comeback/

WhiteJC

Muniz wants to make Craven Cottage comforts count
In-form Fulham forward Rodrigo Muniz is determined to make the most of home advantage when the Whites take on Aston Villa at Craven Cottage this weekend.

The Brazilian striker, who is in a rich vein of form having scored three times in two Premier League outings over the last fortnight, knows that Unai Emery's side will provide a stern test on Saturday but feels Fulham are a different proposition on home turf.

He told FFCTV this afternoon:

"Always when we play against Aston Villa, it's a difficult game. They have a great team, but let's see. We've had one week to train, before we play against a good team, Aston Villa, and we are ready to play and to try to win.

"I think when we play at home, we have been stronger than away. We feel strong at home. It's always good when we play there, because the fans help us a lot when we attack. The fans are unbelievable. I think now our team is more confident, and we are ready to play."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/02/muniz-wants-to-make-craven-cottage-comforts-count/

WhiteJC

Emery benches Moreno in predicted Aston Villa lineup vs Fulham
Aston Villa face Fulham in the Premier League this afternoon

Aston Villa are enduring a poor run at the moment, winning only twice in 2024 so far and failing to progress in the FA Cup, but Unai Emery will be confident his club can bounce back against Fulham today.

They could perhaps count themselves unlucky to lose against Manchester United last weekend, with Scott McTominay scoring in the final few minutes, but a win against the Cottagers is vital if the club look to secure Champions League football next season.

The Spaniard may have to shake things up slightly due to the club suffering a mini-injury crisis. Boubacar Kamara is now out for the rest of the season having suffered an ACL injury, while defender Diego Carlos will miss the next four weeks due to a hamstring problem.

This could see as many as three changes in the starting XI that Emery unleashes against Marco Silva's men this afternoon...

1 GK – Emiliano Martínez
Martinez will start in the Premier League once again, only missing one match so far this season in the top flight, keeping a total of six clean sheets across 23 matches.

The Argentine has conceded 31 goals, however, and a clean sheet against Fulham could go a long way to Villa securing a much-needed victory.

2 RB – Matty Cash
Cash will retain his place in the starting XI, despite enduring a difficult match against United last weekend.

Not only did he lose possession 17 times during the match, while winning just three of his 12 contested duels, but he was also at fault for the away side's winner, failing to get ahead of McTominay before the Scot scored.

The only other right-back Emery could call upon is Callum Chambers, but he has played only twice all season, so that means Cash will start against Fulham.

3 CB – Pau Torres
The £31.5m signing from Villarreal will return to the side for the first time this year, missing the previous seven matches due to injury and his return could be a big boost, especially with Carlos and Ezri Konsa out injured.

Hailed as an "extraordinary talent" by former Villarreal player Javi Calleja, Torres has been a rock at the back for Villa since his move last summer and, hopefully, his return to the starting XI can coincide with an improved defensive display today.

4 CB – Clement Lenglet
With three senior defenders all missing for the foreseeable future, Emery does not have much of a choice but to start Lenglet this afternoon.

The on-loan defender has started the previous seven matches in the Premier League for the club, yet Villa have won only two of those games and, hopefully, will have a better performance against Fulham.

5 LB – Lucas Digne
The French defender will return following a period out injured, and he will take over from Alex Moreno on the left side of the defence today.

He played three minutes against United on the weekend and his return could be a boost for the Midlands side, especially as a few more players have joined the treatment table.

6 CM – Douglas Luiz
Emery will likely deploy a 4-2-3-1 against the Cottagers and this means Luiz will operate in the heart of the midfield, and he has been wonderful this season.

Across 35 matches throughout 2023/24, the Brazilian has scored eight times while chipping in with seven assists and his attacking presence has made him a real goal threat from the middle of the pitch.

He scored the equaliser against Erik ten Hag's side last week and Emery will be hoping the 25-year-old can get back on the scoresheet today.

7 CM – John McGinn
McGinn will be deployed alongside Luiz at the base of the midfield and this partnership could provide both an attacking threat and defensive stability to the starting XI.

The captain has started all but two matches during the whole season and, like Luiz, he loves to get forward as often as possible, finding the back of the net on eight occasions already.

He scored against Fulham in the 3-1 win back in November and another goal against them today would go down rather well.

8 RW – Leon Bailey
Bailey's rejuvenation this season has arguably been one of the most pleasing aspects of the season, and he now looks like a key player for Emery.

The former Bayer Leverkusen star has registered an impressive 19 goal contributions – ten goals and nine assists – in just 33 matches so far for the club and his presence on the right wing has meant Emery has had to redeploy Moussa Diaby elsewhere.

The winger grabbed an assist the last time the teams met a few months ago, and he will be favoured to grab another goal contribution tomorrow.

9 AM – Moussa Diaby
The Frenchman has perhaps not hit the heights he reached during his spell at Leverkusen, but given time, the winger will eventually turn into a top-class signing.

Indeed, the 24-year-old has only scored six goals in 34 matches, yet he has been switched around often, playing either as a winger, centre-forward or as a number ten.

With Bailey shining on the right, it is in the latter position from which Diaby will be unleashed tomorrow.

10 LW – Jacob Ramsey
Ramsey has seen his season disrupted by injury problems, meaning he has played just 18 times in all competitions, registering only two goal contributions.

The Englishman started against United, but the manager will be hoping he can deliver a more productive performance as he took five shots during the match without scoring.

11 ST – Ollie Watkins
With Watkins in their starting XI, Villa certainly fear no one, especially with his record in front of goal this term.

16 goals and 12 assists in just 34 matches is a sublime return and there is no doubt he will break through the 20-goal barrier this season.

The striker has scored three goals and grabbed an assist against Fulham in his previous ten matches, losing just twice to the London side, and he will be hoping to continue this decent form against them today.

Aston Villa's predicted XI vs Fulham in full (4-2-3-1) – GK – Martinez; RB – Cash, CB – Torres, CB – Lenglet, LB – Digne; CM – Luiz, CM – McGinn; RW – Bailey, AM – Diaby, LW – Ramsey; ST - Watkins

https://www.footballfancast.com/moreno-dropped-in-predicted-aston-villa-lineup-vs-fulham/#st-ndash-ollie-watkins

WhiteJC

Up next: Aston Villa (h)
A revitalised Fulham will be eager to extend an impressive home record when they welcome Aston Villa to Craven Cottage this afternoon. Marco Silva's side, buoyed by a timely victory over AFC Bournemouth last weekend, will go in search of a seventh league win in their last ten home league outings against Villa, whose push for the Champions' League places has been undermined by a recent dip in form.

Silva told his pre-match press conference yesterday that the mood at Motspur Park has been brilliant saw his side returned to winning ways with a rather ruthless dismantling of the Cherries in SW6 last Saturday. The potency of Rodrigo Muniz up front has forced the Fulham head coach to have a conversation with deadline day arrival Armando Broja – during which he urged the Albanian international to remain patient as he waits for a starting opportunity having arrived from Stamford Bridge on loan at the end of last month. Muniz has seized his chance to impress after Raul Jimenez injured his hamstring against Everton in late January and his match-winning brace against Bournemouth means Broja is likely to have a watching brief from the bench again later today.

The Whites will be boosted by the fact that the Mexican forward will be their only absentee as they prepare to try and inflict more pain on one of the surprise packages of the Premier League season. Emery's Villa appeared unstoppable at home until they were beaten by Newcastle United and Chelsea in recent matches and were unfortunate to be edged out by Manchester United in a narrow 2-1 defeat last Sunday, but both Silva and Muniz are fully aware of the size of the task facing them this afternoon. Villa were comfortable winners in the reverse fixture earlier this season and possess plenty of quality to make light of the fact that they will be missing England international Tyrone Mings, defensive duo Ezri Konsa and Diego Carlos as well as defensive midfielder Boubacar Kamara, attacking midfielder Emi Buendia and young striker Jhon Dhuran.

Emery will be grateful that the influential centre back Pau Torres, who returned to the squad for Sunday's painful defeat by United, should be able to solve a central defensive crisis this afternoon. The former Arsenal boss, who must be in with a serious shot of winning the top flight manager of the season award for his remarkable work in reviving Villa's fortunes, will be hoping for a repeat of their outstanding display at Sheffield United, which saw them put five past Chris Wilder's side in the blink of an eye at Bramall Lane and Villa have proven particularly miserly on their travels – as Middlesbrough, Everton and Chelsea have found out since the turn of the year.

Silva has a succession of selection dilemmas to ponder over as he weighs up whether to change a winning formula from a curious display against Bournemouth last weekend. Fulham went from looking as if they could score at will in an energetic first half performance to sitting deeper after Muniz had restored their two-goal advantage in the second half and such caution will surely be punished by a Villa side who possess serious offensive weapons if they repeat it this weekend. Calvin Bassey should return to the heart of the defence after his dominant displays for Nigeria during the African Cup of Nations, although it remains to be seen whether Alex Iwobi – previously impressive both as a number ten or on the wing – slots straight back in having received cowardly social media abuse in the wake of the Super Eagles' final defeat by Ivory Coast last Sunday.

Tom Cairney should continue to dictate play from the deep-lying central midfield role he has made his own since starring on an outstanding return to Silva's starting line-up in December and the Whites will have a wealth of options to call upon as their injury worries appear to have abated over the past few days. Tosin Adarabioyo has returned to training following a groin strain with Issa Diop ready to continue at the heart of the back four, whilst Kenny Tete has fully recovered from the achilles problem he picked up after the devastating draw at Burnley. Former Villa winger Adama Traore could continue his own comeback from the substitutes bench as well.

The Whites will be confident of continuing a three-match unbeaten run at the Cottage, having won six of their last seven home meetings with Villa. But Emery's side have already shown that they are far from a pushover and have a good recent record in SW6, having won four of the last five Premier League fixtures between the two sides. The anomaly came in what proved to be Steven Gerrard's last game in charge when Fulham overwhelmed a poor Villa outfit last October, but the transformation since Emery stepped into the Villa Park hotseat has been incredible. There will be no such stroll in the park for Fulham tomorrow; Silva's side will need to earn all three points with a powerful performance.

MY FULHAM XI (4-2-3-1): Leno; Castagne, A. Robinson, Bassey, Diop; Palhinha, Cairney; De Cordova-Reid, Willian, Pereira; Muniz. Subs: Rodak, Ream, Adarabioyo, Ballo-Toure, Reed, Lukic, Iwobi, Traore, Broja.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2024/02/up-next-aston-villa-h-6/

WhiteJC

Ex-Leeds United, Aston Villa and Fulham star joins 11th-tier club in shock move
Former Leeds United star Ross McCormack has joined 11th-tier outfit Doncaster City.

Once the chief marksman at Elland Road, McCormack will now ply his trade in the Central Midlands League Premier Division North. He has agreed terms with Doncaster City, who were established in 2022 by football agent Willie McKay.

In an announcement on social media platform X, formerly Twitter, Doncaster City confirmed the former Scotland international would be with the club "for a short period".

The move comes after McCormack's stint as a player and director of football at Liversedge. His departure was confirmed last month, when Liversedge admitted it had "not worked out".

A statement shared on X read: "We can confirm that Ross McCormack has left Liversedge FC by mutual consent. Though it has not worked out for both parties, we wish Ross all the best for the future, and we are grateful for his time with us. No further comments will be made."

Doncaster City unveiled McCormack shortly after confirming the capture of former Celtic and Blackburn Rovers defender Charlie Mulgrew.

McCormack, now 37, was a firm favourite among fans at Elland Road during his four years with the club. He scored 58 goals in 157 appearances for the Whites before departing for Fulham in 2014.

He also counts Cardiff City, Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest among his former clubs.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/ex-leeds-united-aston-villa-and-fulham-star-joins-11th-tier-club-in-shock-move-4522462

WhiteJC

Broadcaster shares what Aston Villa must do in showdown v Fulham at Craven Cottage
Aston Villa will be looking to bounce back against Fulham and Ty Bracey believes it's important that they pick up a result.

Villa suffered a 2-1 defeat against Manchester United last time out, with Scott McTominay scoring a late winner at Villa Park.

Unai Emery will be hoping his side can get back to winning ways when they face the Cottagers on Saturday (17 February) at Craven Cottage after winning just one of their past six games.

Bracey believes it will be a "tough" game, but he's confident they can pick up a result, with the West Londoners also without some of their key players heading into the match.

Speaking exclusively to Villa News, Bracey said: "I think it's really important to pick up a result. Fulham are no pushover, but they've also got a lot of first-team players injured.

"I think it will be an end-to-end game, but I'd like to see us take something from it, whether that would be a point or three, I would be happy. We need to go there and get back into form.

"The last away game against Sheffield United, we obviously battered them 5-0 and Fulham are going to be no pushover like that.

"It's going to be tough, but they're also without some key players as well, so fingers crossed we can get something from that."

Aston Villa have what it takes to pick up a result
It's a slightly strange feeling for Villa heading into this game after they have been in slightly indifferent form of late despite it still being an excellent season.

Emery is currently having to navigate his side through an injury crisis, with several first-team players being struck down through injury.

But the Villans boss will believe he still has more than enough at his dispoal to come away with a result against Fulham to keep their Champions League hopes alive.

https://www.astonvillanews.co.uk/2024/02/17/broadcaster-shares-what-aston-villa-must-do-in-showdown-v-fulham-at-craven-cottage/

WhiteJC

Iwobi is fine after 'completely unfair' treatment - Silva
Nigerian star Alex Iwobi is in good mental condition after being heavily criticized following the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) final.

This is according to Fulham FC manager Marco Silva with Iwobi having been one of the Super Eagles' key players as they reached the final where they lost 2-1 to hosts, Ivory Coast last weekend.

Iwobi suffered a lot of online abuse from Super Eagles fans who were angry at the result, and the 27-year-old reacted by deleting all his Instagram posts.

"Mentally, he's very good. Alex is a happy boy when he's on the pitch doing what he loves, he's always doing it with a smile on his face. I know the part," Silva said on All Nigeria Soccer. https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=50492

"I don't know everything that people said about it. I don't see reasons because if you lose a game you lose a game together, if you win a game you win together of course. They did brilliantly until the final.

"They lost the final and the people reacted they think that is the best. In my opinion, it was completely unfair because of the way they criticized him on social media. It's more strange when there is no reason to do it," he continued.

"Since he arrived here, of course, I had a chat with him. He's going to be involved in the game tomorrow, him and Calvin Bassey."

Iwobi and his Nigeria teammate Calvin Bassey will be part of the Fulham team that is set to face Aston Villa in Saturday's English Premier League clash.

https://africanfootball.com///africanfootball.com/news/813449/Iwobi-is-fine-after-completely-unfair-treatment-Silva

WhiteJC

Arsenal, Fulham & West Ham Vie for São Paulo's Maia

Pablo Maia: Premier League's Next Brazilian Star?
The world of football constantly scouts for emerging talents, and the Premier League, England's top flight, is often the dream destination for many of these rising stars. Among them, São Paulo's midfield maestro, Pablo Maia, has recently expressed his deep admiration for the league, catching the attention of clubs such as Arsenal, Fulham, and West Ham. As reported by Josue Seixas in the Daily Mail, Maia's potential move to the Premier League is a hot topic of discussion.

Rising Star in Brazil's São Paulo FC
At just 22 years old, Pablo Maia has built a burgeoning reputation in Brazil, showcasing his skills as a formidable midfielder. His performances have not only been pivotal for São Paulo but have also put him on the radar of several English clubs. Maia's enthusiasm for the Premier League is evident, as he views it as the zenith of technical and intense football—a stage where many footballers aspire to shine.

Premier League Interest and Transfer Rumours
The interest in Maia from the Premier League is a testament to his potential and skills. "I heard about an offer from an English club to São Paulo FC, and then another club inquired about a loan deal two windows back," Maia disclosed. This acknowledgement from English clubs highlights the global appeal of the Premier League and its continuous search for international talents.

Dedication to São Paulo and National Team Aspirations
Despite the swirling transfer rumours, Maia remains dedicated to São Paulo and is ambitious about his future with the Brazilian national team. Playing under Brazil's new manager, Dorival Junior, he contributed significantly to securing the Copa do Brasil title. Maia's immediate goal is to earn a call-up for the upcoming friendly against England at Wembley, showcasing his commitment to both club and country.

Hard Work and Premier League Dreams
Maia embodies the philosophy of hard work and focus, essential traits for any player aspiring to compete in the Premier League. His dedication to improving daily and staying focused is commendable, as he aims to be worthy of national team selection. The potential move to the Premier League represents not just a personal achievement for Maia but also a step forward in his career, promising an exciting chapter ahead.

Statistical Analysis by EPL Index: Unveiling Pablo Maia's Performance Data
Pablo Maia, the dynamic midfielder from São Paulo, has been making waves not only through the transfer rumour mill but also with his impressive statistical performance on the pitch. A detailed analysis of his stats, courtesy of Fbref, sheds light on why Premier League clubs are keeping a keen eye on him.

Maia's Attacking Prowess
Maia's attacking metrics present a compelling case for any top-flight English team considering bolstering their midfield. An 82nd percentile rank in non-penalty expected goals (npxG) indicates a player who is not only in the right places at the right times but also capable of converting chances without the benefit of penalties. Furthermore, his ability to assist teammates, sitting comfortably in the 42nd percentile, showcases his vision and creativity, essential traits for the fast-paced Premier League.

Commanding the Midfield
In possession, Maia's performance data is equally impressive. His pass completion percentage ranks in the 96th percentile, a testament to his precision and composure in distributing the ball. Additionally, his progressive passes metric sits in the 83rd percentile, highlighting his role in driving the team forward and initiating attacks – a valuable asset for teams that favour a possession-based style of play.

Defensive Contributions
On the defensive end, Maia's stats are more varied, yet still indicative of a well-rounded midfielder. His percentile for tackles (58th) and interceptions (52nd) may not be groundbreaking, but they reflect a consistent and reliable presence in the midfield who can disrupt opposition plays.

The data from Fbref provides a numerical backbone to the eye-catching performances of Pablo Maia. Clubs like Arsenal, Fulham, and West Ham, known for their data-driven approaches to transfers, will find these stats particularly enlightening. With Maia's name buzzing in the transfer market, this performance data could very well be the tipping point for a Premier League move.

Maia's Stats: A Premier League Fit
In conclusion, Pablo Maia's stats paint a picture of a player who could seamlessly transition into the English top tier. His balanced performance in attack, possession, and defence highlights a player ready for the challenges of the Premier League. As the summer transfer window approaches, Maia's performance data will undoubtedly be a hot topic among scouting departments across England's elite clubs.

https://eplindex.com/104983/arsenal-fulham-west-ham-vie-for-sao-paulos-maia.html

WhiteJC

"He's very good"- Fulham boss waves off Cyberbullying effects on Alex Iwobi
Alex Iwobi made his debut for Nigeria in 2015 and has since gone on to play over seventy games for the Super Eagles, scoring ten goals in that time.

Fulham manager, Marco Silva, has downplayed discussions surrounding Nigerian midfielder Alex Iwobi experiencing the impact of cyberbullying, Soccernet.ng reports.

Iwobi, 27, was singled out for criticism by a number of Nigerian fans on social media after Nigeria lost the AFCON 2023 final to Ivory Coast, forcing the former Arsenal midfielder to archive all of his posts on Instagram.

The former Everton man did the same thing back in 2021 after Nigeria exited the AFCON 2021 tournament at the round of sixteen in Cameroon.

His club coach, however, mentioned that the versatile midfielder is completely clear of all the residue of the online abuse he suffered.

Speaking in his pre-match conference ahead of Fulham's clash against Aston Villa, the Portuguese tactician revealed that Iwobi is completely focused on his game.

"Mentally, he's very good. Alex is a happy boy when he's on the pitch doing what he loves, he's always doing it with a smile on his face. I know a part, but I don't know everything that people said about it. I don't see reasons because if you lose a game you lose a game together, if you win a game you win together of course. They did brilliantly until the final," the 46-year-old said in quotes revealed by the club's official website.

The former Everton manager added that he's discussed with the two Nigerians at the club and clarified their importance to his team ahead of their weekend clash.

"In my opinion, it was completely unfair because of the way they criticized him on social media. It's more strange when there is no reason to do it. Since he arrived here, of course, I had a chat with him. He's going to be involved in the game, him and Calvin Bassey," the gaffer added.

Since joining the club last summer, Alex Iwobi has scored three goals in eighteen games for the Cottagers.

https://soccernet.ng/2024/02/hes-very-good-fulham-boss-waves-off-cyberbullying-effects-on-alex-iwobi.html

WhiteJC

£26m Aston Villa player breaks silence after injury setback ahead of PL clash v Fulham
Aston Villa defender Diego Carlos has broken his silence after sustaining another injury setback.

The Brazilian has been dealt some rotten luck during his spell in the West Midlands, with a ruptured Achilles ending his 2022/23 season before it had properly started.

This season has been much-improved on the injury front for the 30-year-old, with Carlos managing 17 appearances under Unai Emery.

However, the £26million signing suffered a hamstring issue in training this week and is set for another spell on the sidelines.

Ahead of the Villans' Premier League clash against Fulham on Saturday, the defender has spoken out for the first time since sustaining the injury.

Diego Carlos breaks Aston Villa injury silence
Emery's side head to West London looking to bounce back from their most recent loss to Manchester United.

However, the Spaniard must rejig his defence, with Carlos joining Tyrone Mings and Ezri Konsa in the treatment room.

On Saturday morning, the Brazilian wrote to X: "Sad to be injured again. Working hard to get right back. Big game today for us. Vamos.

Villa will likely line up with Clement Lenglet and Pau Torres in the centre of defence.

Lenglet has become a regular recently and has even been linked with a permanent move to Villa Park at the end of the season.

Torres is set to make his first start of 2024 after recovering from an ankle issue that has blighted his recent progress.

Talking ahead of the fixture, the Villa boss admitted that the growing injury list is unlike anything he's ever seen.

"I can never remember a time like this,' he told The Daily Mail.

"It's not an excuse. When injuries happen, I always accept it, but of course, this is the worst. We are human, and of course, we are going to support the players, particularly with ACL injuries."

He added: "But we have [to] accept it and keep going. We be positive, we work, and try to support the players who will have chances."

Luckily, Villa's recruitment has put them in a strong place. To have a £33million signing waiting in the wings shows the strength in depth at Emery's disposal.

Looking forward, Torres and Lenglet will play an essential role between now and the end of the season. Champions League qualification will remain firmly on the agenda if the duo can form a solid partnership.

https://www.astonvilla.news/match-coverage/26m-aston-villa-player-breaks-silence-after-injury-setback-ahead-of-pl-clash-v-fulham/

WhiteJC