Started by Nick Bateman, March 01, 2024, 04:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Nick Bateman

[/url]

sarnian

Agree with a Ten Hag assessment about Fernandes pain threshold. He is the biggest pain that the premier league has seen even beating Ronaldo.  :slap:  :slap:

Sgt Fulham

Must have a high embarrassment threshold too.

On another note, why does Ten Hag answer questions like a 10 year old child? He must be an intelligent man to get into the position he is in, so perhaps it's just the language barrier.

Nick Bateman

[/url]

Was this why Fulham showed the feigning injury clip??

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 01, 2024, 05:40:11 PM[/url]

Was this why Fulham showed the feigning injury clip??

Good spot.

Willham

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on March 01, 2024, 05:36:28 PMMust have a high embarrassment threshold too.

On another note, why does Ten Hag answer questions like a 10 year old child? He must be an intelligent man to get into the position he is in, so perhaps it's just the language barrier.

My theory on this comes from dutch, the small Dutch I know, I've found it has much less "inbetween" words,

For a quick example
'Ik ga naar fulham'
'I go to fulham'

Notice there's no 'am' in the sentence directly translated, and this happens quite often, so when listening to ten hag I feel he more so then many other dutchies I've heard speak English (but they all do it a little) is miss these extra "inbetween" words.

FulhamKC

Quote from: Willham on March 01, 2024, 07:56:28 PM
Quote from: Sgt Fulham on March 01, 2024, 05:36:28 PMMust have a high embarrassment threshold too.

My theory on this comes from dutch, the small Dutch I know, I've found it has much less "inbetween" words,

For a quick example
'Ik ga naar fulham'
'I go to fulham'

Notice there's no 'am' in the sentence directly translated, and this happens quite often, so when listening to ten hag I feel he more so then many other dutchies I've heard speak English (but they all do it a little) is miss these extra "inbetween" words.

That's interesting. I didn't know that.

Holders

Notwithstanding that Dutch is closely related to English it, like German, seems to use fewer tenses. So there is no "ongoing" present tense (I can't remember the correct term) and the present is also used for the future far more than in English. Perhaps this comes from English having adopted the subtlety of French tenses post-Norman, whilst having (thankfully) anglicised them.

I'm quite familiar with German so hadn't picked this up but it's an interesting observation, Mr Willham.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Baszab

I think there is a hang over from the cup game last year - still a bit of needle from us to United

Jem

If Fernandes has such a high pain threshold why does he roll around in agony at the slightest touch? It doesn't add up.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

bog

I think Ten Hag lost something in translation. He meant to say Bruno has a low brain threshold. 

filham

Saying he has a Very high pain threshold could be taken to mean he is thick skinned.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on March 02, 2024, 09:58:03 AMSaying he has a Very high pain threshold could be taken to mean he is thick skinned.

Not sure about the skinned, but he is definitely thick.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

peachcobbler

Quote from: Nick Bateman on March 01, 2024, 04:52:49 PM[/url]

This has to be one of my favorites. He's moaning while players on both sides are shaking hands and moving on. I am falling over right now.

Woolly Mammoth

Both Ten Hag and Fernandes make enormous ends of a bell of themselves of Biblical Proportions.

Fernandes is a nailed on shameless cheat that doesn't know what real pain is, and has a mouth the size of a letter box.
When he was born the midwife slapped his mother.

Ten Hag is completely deluded and comes across as a Simpleton, and every village has one.
He thinks because he is currently hanging around Old Trafford like a spare dictaphone at a wedding.
He and his players are entitled because they are Manchester United.

Well when they have the misfortune to play us again there is plenty more where that came from.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Buffalo76

Just seems like a bit of harmless mickey taking. Don't know why Ten Hag got so annoyed by it 🤷.

cookieg

If he's got a high pain threshold it must have been a hefty pick from Lukic for him to go down in such agony.

OdecaMynoT

He's an extremely high pain in the arse.

D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

Willham

Quote from: Holders on March 02, 2024, 07:41:52 AMNotwithstanding that Dutch is closely related to English it, like German, seems to use fewer tenses. So there is no "ongoing" present tense (I can't remember the correct term) and the present is also used for the future far more than in English. Perhaps this comes from English having adopted the subtlety of French tenses post-Norman, whilst having (thankfully) anglicised them.

I'm quite familiar with German so hadn't picked this up but it's an interesting observation, Mr Willham.

I havent picked up on the tenses, or while I may have but more sub consciously, I've actually been wondering if I've been getting a few wrong on occasions as I did observe what felt a bias towards one, your response has most probably answered that question, thank you 😊

P.S. I have a better example of my earlier comment,

'Ga ja hier bliven'
Directly translated
'Go you here stay'

But we can't say that and need extra 'in-between words
'Are you going to stay here'

Other then the last two parts, the here and stay everything's in the same order but with extras, 'are' and 'to'