watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Terrible Reporting

Started by Ludlow Richard, March 10, 2024, 11:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

Today's Sunday Telegraph has a report on the Wolves-Fulham game, approximately 400 words long. There are the following "Fulham related" bits of the report: "Fulham"; "Tom Cairney"; and "Fulham, fresh from victory at Old Trafford and having swept aside Brighton last week, left with only Alex Iwobi's consolation strike". By my reckoning, that's 24 words on Fulham in a 400 word report.

There are almost three times as many words in the report on the extremely unlikely possibility of O'Neil becoming England manager.

Bill2

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on March 10, 2024, 11:46:06 AMToday's Sunday Telegraph has a report on the Wolves-Fulham game, approximately 400 words long. There are the following "Fulham related" bits of the report: "Fulham"; "Tom Cairney"; and "Fulham, fresh from victory at Old Trafford and having swept aside Brighton last week, left with only Alex Iwobi's consolation strike". By my reckoning, that's 24 words on Fulham in a 400 word report.

There are almost three times as many words in the report on the extremely unlikely possibility of O'Neil becoming England manager.

Quite often the case for a Fulham report, the Wolves keeper must be annoyed as nothing about the great saves he made and the many Fulham chances. O'Neill has only a slightly better chance of becoming the England manager than me so a waste of space.

H4usuallysitting

Dodgin

Sub-Editor was a Brentford fan.

filham

Nick Bateman

Fulham are poorly represented in the media. The co-commentator wanted Reid booked early on and Palhinha sent off for two strong but fair tackles!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Baszab

The co-commentator slagged Reid off continually
Kept going on and on about why Reid wasn't booked/should have been booked
Surely an ex-Wolves player ?
Couldn't work out who he was
Main commentator nearly cheered himself when Wolves got the first goal

sarnian

When we unexpectedly beat Spuds next week it will be all about their off day with no praise for Fulham.

Somerset Fulham

The media were all over us when he beat United, and to a lesser degree Brighton.

We got beaten, of course articles will be about the winning side.

davew

Quote from: Baszab on March 10, 2024, 04:07:41 PMThe co-commentator slagged Reid off continually
Kept going on and on about why Reid wasn't booked/should have been booked
Surely an ex-Wolves player ?
Couldn't work out who he was
Main commentator nearly cheered himself when Wolves got the first goal
Reed or Reid Baszab?  ::wink::
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Lighthouse

Newspapers hardly have much of a circulation now. So the great giants of reporting have long moved on or passed on. Now we are left with some very poor writing and reporting. The same can be said for tv and radio commentary. It is all very bland and boring nowadays. Gone are the clever phrases and insights.

I don't know what changed. Could just be the over reporting but personally I stopped reading newspapers some time ago. My interest in Weekly New Magazines is slowly dying as well. No longer turn on the tv for a sporting occasion. Not with the sound up anyway. Tennis was the last great sport to have proper commentators and reporting. But like cricket that too is on the way out.

Terrible reporting and terrible reporters. A great shame.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MickTheBeard

I think gary oneil would be good english manager kept bouremouth uo and wolves are higher than us with not alot money infact if silva left would do us a favour

Colton F.C.

No similat problem with GJ and Jamie

bog

On MOTD there was not one word spoken of Fulham's play other than a game between two good sides. Otherwise it was the Wolves and Gary O'Neil appreciation society general meeting. We weren't even mentioned in 'any other business'.     

Baszab

DaveW

Yes you are right  - I meant Reed
Poor BDR didn't get off the bench