watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Think it's well and truly time to lay down my england shirt

Started by Willham, March 13, 2024, 05:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

He hasn't been good enough to get close as far as I can see.

mrmicawbers

Quote from: demeant0r on March 14, 2024, 04:11:19 PMSo all this noise about Reed possibly getting a spot was just poo talk. In reality, he stood no chance against Bellingham, Gallagher, Henderson, Maddison, Rice.
He's picked Henderson again, no wonder I have lost interest. What has he got on Southgate?

alfie

Quote from: mrmicawbers on March 14, 2024, 05:04:09 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on March 14, 2024, 04:11:19 PMSo all this noise about Reed possibly getting a spot was just poo talk. In reality, he stood no chance against Bellingham, Gallagher, Henderson, Maddison, Rice.
He's picked Henderson again, no wonder I have lost interest. What has he got on Southgate?
Just out of curiosity what's wrong with  Henderson? I've always felt he was ok.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

sunburywhite

As I have said many times I think Southgate is a brown nosed FA appointment who wont upse the FA when they have their lunch

He is also the most uninspiring England Manager since before Water Winterbottom and he couldnt win a Cup Final even if all other teams have been knocked out
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

FFC1987

Quote from: alfie on March 14, 2024, 06:32:36 PM
Quote from: mrmicawbers on March 14, 2024, 05:04:09 PM
Just out of curiosity what's wrong with  Henderson? I've always felt he was ok.

Personally, I already clocked out with England and international football. South gates brand of football and the media rallying behind him despite his obvious flaws just never appealed to me. Yes we were in a rough state before but that's just a race to the bottom. The footballs turgid at times, despite having the worlds best striker and an array of class attacking players like Saka, Foden amongst others. He relies on selections just because a year or so ago, or against below par opposition, players did well but will refuse to give selections to players who play week in week out in elite leagues and competitions. It's no wonder players like White just aren't interested. All in all, he looks the part, speaks well and is vocal on populist off the field talking points but I'd bet we win nothing with him at the helm and that's sad as the talents there.

H4usuallysitting

Wasn't there a previous problem with Mr White & the England squad

btffc

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on March 14, 2024, 10:51:22 PMWasn't there a previous problem with Mr White & the England squad

He got in a row with an assistant at the World Cup and was sent home

wback

This thread is completely mad. England have made WC semis and quarters and a Euros final. They're milimeters from winning a tournament for the first time in 90% of our lives.

You don't watch England because they play a bit conservatively? Because Henderson is in the squad (he's not a starter, and he's always been super, super reliable).

No one has a perfect squad, but England's first XI is insanely strong, and everyone but France would want it. Let's see what this all looks like next week after they've beaten Brazil and Belgium...

Somerset Fulham

If international football isn't for you (one) any more then fair enough but I do find it odd that supporters that have lived through a time of Cole, Terry, Lampard and their ilk can find today's squad that offensive I must admit.

FFC1987

Quote from: wback on March 15, 2024, 09:29:50 AMThis thread is completely mad. England have made WC semis and quarters and a Euros final. They're milimeters from winning a tournament for the first time in 90% of our lives.

You don't watch England because they play a bit conservatively? Because Henderson is in the squad (he's not a starter, and he's always been super, super reliable).

No one has a perfect squad, but England's first XI is insanely strong, and everyone but France would want it. Let's see what this all looks like next week after they've beaten Brazil and Belgium...

Not that I disagree with much, but out of the teams you mentioned, or even top 10 ranked countries, do you think any would want Southgate as their manager? For me, that's my only gripe with the current setup. Just not a fan of ol Waistcoat.

Colton F.C.