more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

He's a Premier League striker now..........thats for sure

Started by OZ-WHITE, March 16, 2024, 08:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surlyc

Quote from: btffc on March 16, 2024, 10:27:52 PM
Quote from: demeant0r on March 16, 2024, 10:22:42 PMHe's definitely staking a claim to be our number 1 next season, he's humble, seemingly prolific and actually wants to play for us. All good points.

Does anyone know the extent of his knock/injury after his second goal?

Silva said precautionary for his hamstring, but he was grabbing his calf after he scored in the same spot that he took a full force kick from Dragusin when he was trying to clear it.

I think he'll be fine.
He was struggling with his hamstring from at least the 49th minute (he was massaging it after the Lukic goal).

He got kicked in the calf by Dragusin whilst scoring, but I think it was the preexisting hamstring tweak that was the reason for his withdrawal. Should be back for the next game - good timing for an international break!

WindyCity

His first goal v Spurs was absolutely top notch!  Great first touch, on a ball that was coming in with some pace, and clinically finding the net after that touch. 

So much to unpack from that win:

-Muniz two goals
-Robinson MOTM for me, great runs and crosses all game long, great defending, even the few times he was beat, able to get back and disrupt play.  Where does he get that ENERGY??!!!
-Pass by Jimenez to Wilson was sublime.  And Wilson put on a terrific shot, was going in and took great keeper save to prevent.
-Iwobi all over the place, creating.
-Back four defenders all excellent, kept the clean sheet, along with great midfielder play.

itombomb

The slightly mad thing, is that tho he is 2 years older, he is on course to have a much better season than Hojland had for Atalanta last year before his £70m transfer.

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 17, 2024, 12:07:08 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on March 17, 2024, 11:56:07 AMThere's this young player for Birmingham who is scoring goals and has experience playing across the front 4. I think his name is Stansfield. We should look in to what it would cost to bring him in...

All joking aside, Muniz's emergence completely changes the summer's transfer priorities.
Could be an option as well of course. Maybe it would be too big of a risk to put so much pressure on two very young players. If we sell Raul then maybe, otherwise I'd prefer to send Stansfield on loan again, but this time to a better team perhaps.
Stansfield needed games to develop physically, now he needs day in/day out coaching from Silva and his team.

The only way I'd think otherwise is if you could loan him somewhere that you could guarantee really high quality, progressive, coaching.

SerbianLad

Quote from: itombomb on March 17, 2024, 05:07:00 PMThe slightly mad thing, is that tho he is 2 years older, he is on course to have a much better season than Hojland had for Atalanta last year before his £70m transfer.

Quote from: WolverineFFC on March 17, 2024, 11:56:07 AMThere's this young player for Birmingham who is scoring goals and has experience playing across the front 4. I think his name is Stansfield. We should look in to what it would cost to bring him in...

All joking aside, Muniz's emergence completely changes the summer's transfer priorities.
Could be an option as well of course. Maybe it would be too big of a risk to put so much pressure on two very young players. If we sell Raul then maybe, otherwise I'd prefer to send Stansfield on loan again, but this time to a better team perhaps.
Stansfield needed games to develop physically, now he needs day in/day out coaching from Silva and his team.

The only way I'd think otherwise is if you could loan him somewhere that you could guarantee really high quality, progressive, coaching.
Agreed on both points. I'm just a bit worried about putting too much pressure on Muniz and Stansfield. That's why I said I'd loan Stansfield out again, but of course the club would have to be right.

alfie

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 17, 2024, 05:16:25 PM
Quote from: itombomb on March 17, 2024, 05:07:00 PMThe slightly mad thing, is that tho he is 2 years older, he is on course to have a much better season than Hojland had for Atalanta last year before his £70m transfer.

Agreed on both points. I'm just a bit worried about putting too much pressure on Muniz and Stansfield. That's why I said I'd loan Stansfield out again, but of course the club would have to be right.
How old is Stansfield 20/21, how many loans does he need.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SerbianLad

Quote from: alfie on March 17, 2024, 05:58:25 PMHow old is Stansfield 20/21, how many loans does he need.
Well he didn't exactly set the world alight in his previous seasons before this one, even if he did show some glimpses of real quality in the few starts he had for us even last season in the PL. Age doesn't matter as much as experience playing at a high level and performing well.

Muniz, as much as I like him and as much as I believe in him, and have believed in him when not a lot of people here or on social media did, is also having a very good season for the first time in his career. There's no guarantee he will play as well next season, even if I think it's highly likely and I truly believe he will.

Stanfield is of course an even less of a proven PL player. If we are over reliant on the two of them next season I think it might be detrimental to them, as that much pressure might be too much for them to handle. If Marco believes both are 100 percent ready I believe they are.

This is what I would go with next season:
LW-Willian/new forward/Iwobi
AM-Andreas/Iwobi/Cairney
RW-Iwobi/Wilson/Adama
ST-Muniz/Raul/new forward

With that new forward being someone who can cover both the left wing and striker positions and I'd prefer someone more experienced than Stansfield. Maybe we could loan a player of that profile from some of the top teams and then have Stansfield take his place in the season after that? I wouldn't mind giving Stansfield a chance either, but I think it might be too risky.

edit: or if Willian/Raul/Adama decide to move on than I'd keep Stansfield 100 percent and get that forward as well.

FFC007

I'd like to see us take a punt at Yaser Asprilla from Watford.

Young left footer. We seem to do a lot more damage with inverted wingers.

Hatch007

I wouldn't consider it as putting too much pressure on Stansfield to have him around the match day squad next season with some starts. Given the squad options highlighted above he wouldn't be under pressure to start AND deliver week in-week out.

It would be different if he was the sole or obvious first choice in his starting position but he can be rotated in and out depending on the form he displays

btffc

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 17, 2024, 06:25:10 PM
Quote from: alfie on March 17, 2024, 05:58:25 PMHow old is Stansfield 20/21, how many loans does he need.
Well he didn't exactly set the world alight in his previous seasons before this one, even if he did show some glimpses of real quality in the few starts he had for us even last season in the PL. Age doesn't matter as much as experience playing at a high level and performing well.

Muniz, as much as I like him and as much as I believe in him, and have believed in him when not a lot of people here or on social media did, is also having a very good season for the first time in his career. There's no guarantee he will play as well next season, even if I think it's highly likely and I truly believe he will.

Stanfield is of course an even less of a proven PL player. If we are over reliant on the two of them next season I think it might be detrimental to them, as that much pressure might be too much for them to handle. If Marco believes both are 100 percent ready I believe they are.

This is what I would go with next season:
LW-Willian/new forward/Iwobi
AM-Andreas/Iwobi/Cairney
RW-Iwobi/Wilson/Adama
ST-Muniz/Raul/new forward

With that new forward being someone who can cover both the left wing and striker positions and I'd prefer someone more experienced than Stansfield. Maybe we could loan a player of that profile from some of the top teams and then have Stansfield take his place in the season after that? I wouldn't mind giving Stansfield a chance either, but I think it might be too risky.

edit: or if Willian/Raul/Adama decide to move on than I'd keep Stansfield 100 percent and get that forward as well.

We have space in our squad for 1 additional forward player to what you have listed assuming your "new forward" is the same player. My ideal situation is to sign Willian for another year, let BDR leave on a free, sell either Raul or Vinicius, buy a young(20-26) striker and bring Stansfield into the full squad. Also add an 8/10 CM type. Lewis Ferguson who we have been linked with fits that bill.

ST - Muniz, Raul/Vinicius, New Striker
LW - Willian, Stansfield
RW - Iwobi, Adama, Wilson
AM - Pereira, new AM/CM
CM - Lukic, Cairney
DM - Palhinha, Reed

Iwobi obviously fills in at LW and AM as well. Probably prefer to sell Vinicius, but supposedly Raul wants to return to Mexico so if that's the case I'd let him go. Vini did get a game winning goal for Galatasaray today so we might get some value out of him if he keeps it up. You could probably talk me into selling both Vini and Raul then getting an early 20s and a late 20s striker. Tony Mowbray said Stansfield much prefers to be on the wing and he would fit in well replacing BDR as he can play both left and right. He can also fill in as a striking option in case of an injury crisis. Next year should also be Willian's last season for us.

SerbianLad

I get what you're saying and I agree woth most, but who would we sign that would want to be 3rd choice striker and a 3rd choice winger(unless he'd be ahead of Stansfield in the pecking order in which case it's pointless to keep Stansfield). That would have to be either a player of pretty low quality or a very young/very old player. I'd prefer a player in their prime as another striking option in addition to Muniz and Raul/Vini.

Completely agree re Raul/Vini. I'd really like to keep Raul as he showed lots of promise before his injury with the Arsenal game serving as a prime example of that.

OZ-WHITE

Has been interesting to read some of the quiet chatter from the Brazilian sports media about Rodrigo possibly being added to an extended Brazilian Squad , not to play just to get him into the Squad meet  Dorival Junior and the Coaching Staff and players , do some training and drills before the squad gets cut down to the final side .
That would be an amazing experience for him if it actually happened
If it wasn't for the medication I,d be chewing on your skin

Yorkie_FFC

How old is Stansfield 20/21, how many loans does he need.
[/quote]

Definitely one that if you are good enough it shouldn't matter on age. Although a potential to cup tie him, I would hope to keep him for the League cup and around the first team and the FA Cup next season. Birmingham have been struggling this season, admittedly only really seen the table rather than too much of the results but he has scored 9 in that side and some of them have been real composed finishes. I guess see how he does in pre-season and take it from there   

btffc

Quote from: SerbianLad on March 17, 2024, 09:36:17 PMI get what you're saying and I agree woth most, but who would we sign that would want to be 3rd choice striker and a 3rd choice winger(unless he'd be ahead of Stansfield in the pecking order in which case it's pointless to keep Stansfield). That would have to be either a player of pretty low quality or a very young/very old player. I'd prefer a player in their prime as another striking option in addition to Muniz and Raul/Vini.

Completely agree re Raul/Vini. I'd really like to keep Raul as he showed lots of promise before his injury with the Arsenal game serving as a prime example of that.

I think you are underselling how attractive Fulham is. We are Premier League and almost everyone wants to play in the PL. Plus we are in London and play attractive football. Also, I really don't think anyone coming in is going to see Raul or Vini as being much of an obstacle or if they do it would be temporary and they would even think they can take the starting job from Muniz eventually. Generally, players have overinflated opinions of themselves.

I agree with your overall point that we don't just want some low quality player just to fill out the numbers, but I think we can still attract someone of high quality and in their prime years in the proposed scenario.

Nero

Surely theres a rework of The Girl from Ipanema for Muniz