watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How Fulhamish....

Started by Ludlow Richard, March 30, 2024, 04:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludlow Richard

....to get more points from Arsenal than from Sheff Utd. And it's one win, one draw, two defeats against the two worst teams in the league. Between them Sheff Utd and Burnley have won eight league games this season: two of those wins have been against us. This of course assumes we don't pull it back from 3-1..... 

Ludlow Richard

That aged well.....

peachcobbler

Quote from: Ludlow Richard on March 30, 2024, 05:03:24 PMThat aged well.....

Literally doesn't matter mate, a draw against this side is disgraceful.

RaySmith

Quote from: peachcobbler on March 30, 2024, 05:07:35 PM

Can't accept that - great fight back, shows real fighting spirit - SU have some quality players up front.

They're desperate, and did so well taking advantage of our lackadaisical defending, but we should have been well in front, all the chances we had.

But I repeat - what a fight back, says great attitude, to me.

Lighthouse

No the attitude was awful. We came out and bossed the game with ease and spent the time admiring how clever we were. We then went for a picnic and were discussing the latest opera when somebody mentioned were 4-1 down.

We then started to think we had better start turning up and then realise we were 3-2 down and still had a chance. A bicycle kick from Muniz and in the end how we didn't win the game is beyond me. But then how the hell didn't we get stuffed as well.

Weird match but doesn't show heart just lack of spirit until the chips are down.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bill taylors apprentice

No excuses, we blew it!
Once we gave them the first it was inevitable they would raise their game and fight even harder.
We shot ourselves in the foot, nothing fatal but this Fulham team should have been strolling through the last 20 mins 2 or 3 up.

peachcobbler

Quote from: RaySmith on March 30, 2024, 05:13:21 PM
Quote from: peachcobbler on March 30, 2024, 05:07:35 PM

Can't accept that - great fight back, shows real fighting spirit - SU have some quality players up front.

They're desperate, and did so well taking advantage of our lackadaisical defending, but we should have been well in front, all the chances we had.

But I repeat - what a fight back, says great attitude, to me.

Cope harder mate, we are the better squad and should have shown it instead we just showed we could hold the ball, be lazy on defense (you literally acknowledged that), and then be not lazy when it is too late.

If we want to be a consistent prem club, this is unacceptable.

I know it sounds harsh but if Fulham wants to stay up results like this are unacceptable, no matter the circumstances.

LittleErn

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 30, 2024, 05:18:13 PMNo the attitude was awful. We came out and bossed the game with ease and spent the time admiring how clever we were. We then went for a picnic and were discussing the latest opera when somebody mentioned were 4-1 down.

We then started to think we had better start turning up and then realise we were 3-2 down and still had a chance. A bicycle kick from Muniz and in the end how we didn't win the game is beyond me. But then how the hell didn't we get stuffed as well.

Weird match but doesn't show heart just lack of spirit until the chips are down.

Lack of urgency, but not lack of spirit.

ffc73

Fight back is not great. Ok, positive we did not throw the towel in & kept going but we were far the better side & should have won that at a canter.

I agree with Lighthouse, we are mentally weak when playing these 'poorer' sides.

Twig

Appalling performance. Defensive errors, failure to capitalise on our possession in the first half and only came alive when chasing the game.