watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Norton issues

Started by alfie, March 18, 2024, 01:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfie

When I log on I get a notification from Norton stating I should not use this site, is this a problem?
They throw in the following,

quagesblactline.com:443
URL Analysed: quagesblactline.com:443
Submit Review
NORTON RATING
Warning
Norton Safe Web has analyzed quagesblactline.com:... for safety and security problems.
The Norton rating is a result of our automated analysis system. Learn more
The opinions of our users are reflected separately in the community rating below.
Submit Dispute 
CURRENT CATEGORY
Phishing
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

H4usuallysitting

tonynorton

WhiteJC

Quote from: alfie on March 18, 2024, 01:35:22 PMWhen I log on I get a notification from Norton stating I should not use this site, is this a problem?

Submit Review
NORTON RATING
Warning
Norton Safe Web has analyzed quagesblactline.com:... for safety and security problems.
The opinions of our users are reflected separately in the community rating below.
Submit Dispute 
CURRENT CATEGORY
Phishing

its probably one of the adverts as I've no idea who or what quagesblactline.com is

alfie

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

RaySmith

I find MacAfee very good, comes with free VPN too.

I get strange warnings from time to time too, sound alarming, but probably nothing, just keep your anti-virus up to date and run checks- I'm hopeless at tech myself.

filham

I have a BT package that originally included MacAffee but BT changed to Norton.
Norton seem to stop so much meanwhile MacAffee now pester mecontinuosly to renew my subscription.

Somerset Fulham

Urgh.

I would honestly get rid of them all. Norton, MacAfee, the lot of them. They worse than actual viruses.

Roberty

If you have a Windows 11 computer, their Defender works well enough.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

RaySmith

Quote from: Roberty on March 19, 2024, 03:42:06 AMIf you have a Windows 11 computer, their Defender works well enough.

Wouldn't advise that personally - you can get free anti-virus, like AVG, which I thought was pretty good.

Didn't have any anti-virus on my first computer, late 90's/ 2,000, and it was destroyed by a virus.

Such as Windows Defender must be a lot more sophisticated now, but I'd always want some  further protection.
But each to their own though.

blingo

Norton???? You should have bought a Triumph.

cmg

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on March 18, 2024, 09:13:18 PMUrgh.

I would honestly get rid of them all. Norton, MacAfee, the lot of them. They worse than actual viruses.

The only way I managed to get rid of MacAfee was to list it as a virus.

Twig

Quote from: alfie on March 18, 2024, 01:35:22 PMWhen I log on I get a notification from Norton stating I should not use this site, is this a problem?

Submit Review
NORTON RATING
Warning
Submit Dispute 
CURRENT CATEGORY
Phishing

Alfie, I have used Norton for more than 20 years and found it generally excellent.  I occasionally get these "unsafe site" warnings from their algorithm based analysis when I know a site to be safe.  Interestingly with regards this site, if I access it from my laptop Norton is fine, but if I access it from my apple devices (using exactly the same home wifi) then it throws up a warning! I just ignore it as I do with any sites that I have used for a long time perfectly safely.

alfie

Quote from: Twig on March 19, 2024, 03:43:41 PM

Submit Review
NORTON RATING
Warning
Submit Dispute 
CURRENT CATEGORY
Phishing

Alfie, I have used Norton for more than 20 years and found it generally excellent.  I occasionally get these "unsafe site" warnings from their algorithm based analysis when I know a site to be safe.  Interestingly with regards this site, if I access it from my laptop Norton is fine, but if I access it from my apple devices (using exactly the same home wifi) then it throws up a warning! I just ignore it as I do with any sites that I have used for a long time perfectly safely.
Thank you, makes me less stressful.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't